Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Deleted
    It's kinda awesome that sub money from at least a million people will sponsor what 914 MMOC folks will play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    hahahahhahah

one of so many hundreds of funny nuggets from people who dont know their asses from holes in the ground all over the forum right now. good times.
    I'm actually happily surprised. I'm glad they're doing it, but I wouldn't have bet on it purely because nothing has been said or hinted towards since the last Blizzcon realistically. At least one thing i'm happy about is that it'll stop self-righteous troll bags like yourself from posting shxt on the forums about it anymore. The silence will be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yeah because puling 20+ mobs and hitting keyboard with your head and killing all of the mobs in 30sec without you HP going below <90% at any point is an improvement.
    Because no need for CC ( except in higher M+ ) is an amazing improvement.
    Because going afk for 5min and coming back only to see your character being attacked by 3 mobs and your HP not dropping.
    Because no need to playing smart in open World is an improvement.
    Because you cant run out of mana is an amazing thing
    etc
    Yes to all those.

Not all of us want the game to be challanging, Some just find enjoyment in begin powerful.

I just see challange as a tedium tbh. They add the extra few things just to slow you down, Everything you listed is just QoL changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    i know they will be famous and i know TBC and Wrath will eventually be released.
    I just know.
    Unless you got a blizzard source you can't say "I just know". At best you got a "I believe there is a moderate chance".
    They announced WoW Classic, the name of which implies Vanilla only.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because puling 20+ mobs and hitting keyboard with your head and killing all of the mobs in 30sec without you HP going below <90% at any point is an improvement.
    Because no need for CC ( except in higher M+ ) is an amazing improvement.
    Because going afk for 5min and coming back only to see your character being attacked by 3 mobs and your HP not dropping.
    Because no need to playing smart in open World is an improvement.
    Because you cant run out of mana is an amazing thing
    etc
    Most of these are simply not true and don't happen.
    If you got afk and get ganked by mobs you will die in 5 minutes (less).
    For this reason you do need to play smart in the open world.
    People can run out of mana. Namely all healers, some warlocks and some mages.
    You can't pull 20 mobs and just faceroll through them.

All your points are just stupid exaggerations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Pity they're doing classic rather than progression. No, I'm not interested in a classic-only game, that will never move on to new content. It's good that they're doing variant servertypes, though, and I hope they do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    for who said that launching an vanilla server would stop piracy servers, you wrong..

they are just moving forward lol
    Pretty sure that's only happening because a trusted employee stole the database.

That's what I've been told anyway.

But alas we are not here to discuss illegal servers so I'll leave it at that because frankly I don't want to delve further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    But having tons of unviable specs was great?
    But 40-man raiding was so awesome? People still moan about 20-man.
    But having to look for hours to find somebody to open UBRS was awesome?
    But farming for days to buy your epic mount was just that awesome?

- The old talent tree was much MUCH better than one we have now. Back then you could build your own character in a way that suited your gameplay much better than now. And now most classes/specs take same skills only changing one or two traits based on what are they doing, either M+ or raid or something

But 40-man raiding was so awesome? - People still moan about 20-man. Back then most ppl were not good enough to raid and you had "small" raids like AQ10
    Also doing Gnomer was an experience, an amazing one, and tbh most dungeons were harder and required more practice and patience than some high M+ keys and it could take longer to finish them

But having to look for hours to find somebody to open UBRS was awesome? - Yeah so whats the point? Doing an attunement was a part of gameplay that required skill, lots of skill.

But farming for days to buy your epic mount was just that awesome?
    - You dont need Epic flying mount or ground mount and actually when i got my 1st ( 600g and 5000g ) i was proud and happy that I achieved something many didn't even if it just was a countless grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post

LOL. Sorry.... 5 minutes... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Yes to all those.

Not all of us want the game to be challanging, Some just find enjoyment in begin powerful.

I just see challange as a tedium tbh. They add the extra few things just to slow you down, Everything you listed is just QoL changes.
    Then go play minesweeper

Challenge is the only thing that is interesting in this game, if it wasnt ppl wouldnt play M+ or do Mythic raids...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah no thanks. I'd rather play officially and not risk losing my characters.
    This. /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    Yea, you will all quit in 3 months after you realize how shitty it really is in 2018. Nostalgia glasses don't do so well when confronted by reality. Enjoy your moment, it won't last long.
    So much salt, continue with your bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll allow server transfers off the Classic server and onto Regular.. The only reason I say this is because I want T3 on more classes lol

But for reals, I think this would not happened so quickly if Nostalrius hadn't been developed. They really showed the game potential. Of course, it took a year from the moment Blizzard realized: "oh shit, vanilla is pretty popular" to actually announcing it. So good job Nost!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Then go play minesweeper

Challenge is the only thing that is interesting in this game, if it wasnt ppl wouldnt play M+ or do Mythic raids...
    I completely agree with this. Not just because it's more interesting, but because rewards always feel sweeter when you've worked for them as opposed to received handouts.

I am one person who will be resubbing for a classic server tho. Spent the last 17 months on a, err fan project, and I still enjoy it more than I enjoy retail. I am not a hardcore player on either side, but the community aspect alone is what makes the previous game amazing. As someone who does not judge either side of the argument, if you have any questions as to why Vanilla is more enjoyable for me, I'd be happy to respectfully answer =)

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    But for reals, I think this would not happened so quickly if Nostalrius hadn't been developed. They really showed the game potential. Of course, it took a year from the moment Blizzard realized: "oh shit, vanilla is pretty popular" to actually announcing it. So good job Nost!!!!
    True, we have so much to thank to Nostalrius. Blizzard listened, it just took time to get the word out. I fucking love this company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    I've played Vanilla WoW for about 2 years, I really don't see why I'd want to play it for another 5 years? I really don't long back for grinding 1000G for my epic mount on Scarlet Crusaders in EPL. Neither do I long back to running Blackrock Deths, or looking for a guy to open upper BRS. And I really don't see why I'd want to group up with 39 people to go to Molten Core for the 500th time only to see 4-5 items drop per boss while we rez all the players who didn't bother to farm fire resistance gear.
    You got 4-5 items per boss in MC? Overpowered as fuck. What was the secret?

Deleted
    Unless you got a blizzard source you can't say "I just know". At best you got a "I believe there is a moderate chance".
    They announced WoW Classic, the name of which implies Vanilla only.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they are not... For last couple of expansions people have been soloing same level raids with no issues... If you are any kind of tank (heck all of classes can do it, but tanks do it more easily) you can easily pull 10+ mobs because all classes have self heals nowadays...

Most of these are simply not true and don't happen. - what doesnt happen? I can pull 20+ mobs without problem ( as moonkin ) , dot them and aoe with Starfall without breaking a sweat.

If you got afk and get ganked by mobs you will die in 5 minutes (less). - yeah some mobs will kill you, some mobs are playing tickle game with you....

For this reason you do need to play smart in the open world. - For what reason? Do you CC ANYTHING in open world? I dont remember i had CC anything ( except with roots when i cba killing mobs if i did the quest ), i think it was back in WotLK.

People can run out of mana. Namely all healers, some warlocks and some mages. - I havent seen a single lock ( in any M+ i did and i did about 900+ ) asking wait i need mana. Yeah some healers do, in raids and in higher m+ on huge pulls but non of them has ever run out of mana, not a single class in open world doing WQ.

You can't pull 20 mobs and just faceroll through them. - Yes you can, if you can't l2p or well learn your class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im happily suprised, i was one of the people who said "wont happen because X Y and Z"
    but that point still stands
    what is the plan?
    QoL like faster corpse walks, more graveyards, faster out of combat regen, transmog, updated models?
    stable at nax right away? or molten core and over time releasing nax?
    but im glad its happening as a vanilla player, i know i will be playing, i am suprised, i was shocked, i said no it wont happen, but i am happy to see it is coming, for all those who wish to, i just hope those on private servers will give it a chance instead of going "BLIZZ WILL SHIT IT" OR "I WANT GAME FOR FREE"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted

- The old talent tree was much MUCH better than one we have now. Back then you could build your own character in a way that suited your gameplay much better than now.
    I'm not talking about the trees, I'm talking about unviable specs. You're ignoring the fact that quite some specs were non-existent in Vanilla. You're a Feral/Balance Druid or an Elemental Shaman? Wow...no way! DPS is for Mages and Rogues, maybe a Warlock, but Paladin's, Warriors and Priests should stick to tanking/healing.

I'm talking those kind of spec issues we saw in PVE back than.

As for the old talent tree, 99% of the playerbase ran the cookie cutter specs anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe2ce964e; 2017-11-03 at 09:45 PM.