Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I hope the development time put into this is going to be worth the week that people play it.

This is crap, the new xpac looks lukewarm at best. This is the first time I've ever felt like blizzard isn't marketing to me anymore.
    You simply have no idea how many people are excited about this that quit wow long ago, this is the best gaming news they have heard in a long time. Go watch linus tech tips livestream on twitch right now, his sidekick luke is absolutely ecstatic about this news, as this is a game him and his dad played back then.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    lots of misinfo here, they literally said it would be vanilla but without the bugs/balancing issues. Basically, it'll be like a console remastered game but as an MMO (which is pretty interesting). Imagine Vanilla with the new models and spell animations, but with the old content/features.
    Okay, but that is not Vanilla. Bugfixes? Okay. Maybe. Balancing? Why even call it Vanilla anymore? It's not Vanilla when you change the talentrees and abilities. It's just... TBC/WotLK with exp cap at 60 enabled and Naxx40.

Lol, the stupidity of this post is amazing, do you people even realize what it means for companies to fake numbers? Thats for the weirdos claiming a multi-billion company would report FAKE NUMBERS.

Yay for those that want to play Vanilla servers, experienced it all when it was relevant, so who gives a fuck about vanilla servers, but yay for you crowd! It was obvious it would happen when they invited the Nostralius kids last year.

As others have mentioned, you will play a few hours/days/week and realize what a pile of shit it is, unless you are of the crowd that already plays them on private servers, getting scammed every other month, cause average IQ of that community is apparently "Scam them repeatedly cause we can".

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Don't mind him. He was the staunchest naysayer proclaiming Classic servers would NEVER happen. We've all come to know how much his predictions and insights are worth.
    I'll admit the level of "staunch" depended on whom was involved in the discussion. My earlier stance on official Classic server always was "pro" or "neutral", until the feast of toxicity began from the zealots unable to handle players being happy with the current game. I truly did believe that it wouldn't happen until the game entered maintenance mode though.

But you and Parcus are hilariously wrong if you believe that I haven't played on a private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Okay, but that is not Vanilla. Bugfixes? Okay. Maybe. Balancing? Why even call it Vanilla anymore? It's not Vanilla when you change the talentrees and abilities. It's just... TBC/WotLK with exp cap at 60 enabled and Naxx40.
    He's very misinformed lol.

"There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience." Don't worry darling.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Pathetic that they actually caved in...
    I'm very surprised, actually. Maybe they're getting desperate for some extra cash from nostalgia-driven resubs.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lol, the stupidity of this post is amazing, do you people even realize what it means for companies to fake numbers? Thats for the weirdos claiming a multi-billion company would report FAKE NUMBERS.

Yay for those that want to play Vanilla servers, experienced it all when it was relevant, so who gives a fuck about vanilla servers, but yay for you crowd! It was obvious it would happen when they invited the Nostralius kids last year.

As others have mentioned, you will play a few hours/days/week and realize what a pile of shit it is, unless you are of the crowd that already plays them on private servers, getting scammed every other month, cause average IQ of that community is apparently "Scam them repeatedly cause we can".
    Ive played live since 2006, and i can without question say i will be playing classic for at minimum 6 months and will put it ahead of live server priority. For people that actually played back then, we know its a superior version of the game, the bottom line is the good of the game outweighed the bad

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I'm very surprised, actually. Maybe they're getting desperate for some extra cash from nostalgia-driven resubs.
    Live WoW is a billion-dollar revenue giant, so I doubt that.

It's probably the success and increased revenue stream that's allowing them to branch out, with a good dose of wanting to please the players hankering and end Private servers... which they'll either be successful at, or fail...

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    He's very misinformed lol.

"There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience." Don't worry darling.
    Yeah, I hope so. I mean, you can read my opinion on this in this very thread. But a "true vanilla experience" would at least be worth considering for the hilariously broken and fun PvP. Something a Timewalking Vanilla experience would not be able to deliver.

Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ive played live since 2006, and i can without question say i will be playing classic for at minimum 6 months and will put it ahead of live server priority. For people that actually played back then, we know its a superior version of the game, the bottom line is the good of the game outweighed the bad
    Once legacy hits I'm resubbing instantly and stocking up on Mt Dew gamur fewl and hot pockets ngl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    Classic example of duckling effect. You like first thing you've seen and refuse to evolve. Any changes are bad for you, because they are changes and we can't have changes in our kingdom, right?

tl;dr I like to apply mindless labels too
    WoW changes aren't like science. It's not always for the best.

Some of the changes were for the worst.

Seems to be a bit of division going on about that.

Many Classic players seem to be entirely against going back, so it being a "superior version of the game" is highly subjective.

Yes!! We're getting an actual RPG back
    I went into storage and found my old Brady guide to the original WoW. Reading through this thing and I'm getting more and more excited. So much I had forgotten.

Ive been right the entire way, if i continue to be right WoW classic will be the most watched twitch channel when it releases (maybe still behind league cause, asians).

Yeah, I hope so. I mean, you can read my opinion on this in this very thread. But a "true vanilla experience" would at least be worth considering for the hilariously broken and fun PvP. Something a Timewalking Vanilla experience would not be able to deliver.
    Exactly. Like what I quoted you need not worry!

If they were to add ANYTHING that was QoL, the ONE thing - Dual Specs. On Vanilla and TBC realms. IF THEY DO NOT I have absolutely ZERO problems with it and will continue to play them and enjoy them greatly.

They might also do something like RS does, community voting? Idk, I mean I don't want any changes to be honest lol, but we'll see!
    (stuff like HD textures, HD models etc can also be offered or put on the table for people who would like to use them too!)

I play since 2005 and I disagree on the "superior version of the game". So is my opinion now worth more because I started before you? Next one would be someone playing since Alpha. :P

If they apply 2017's worth of "polish" to the Classic realms, they'll no doubt remove aspects that made Classic what it was to the people wanting it back.

Or so it would seem, perhaps people used to Private servers would welcome it?

"There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience."
    No.
    Literally said directly after that it won't be what people expect, as it'll be without bugs/previously tackled balancing. lol, like c'mon bro.

Ive been right the entire way, if i continue to be right WoW classic will be the most watched twitch channel when it releases (maybe still behind league cause, asians).
    Whenever people stream legacy wow it trumps all other streams of retail lmao