Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    that's why you are mad
    got it
    note to my self don't engage m-ra in high-elf topic, or deux ex priest/pala king
    I do understand M-Ra, he/she is a true Thelassian fan and Void Elves aren't High Elves. At least I'm happy to see that some High Elves fans know their lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I do understand M-Ra, he/she is a true Thelassian fan and Void Elves aren't High Elves. At least I'm happy to see that some High Elves fans know their lore.
    crying constitutionally won't get us anywhere
    it's not like horde fans didn't want ogre, or mag'har for years now, but we don't *** cry
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But there ARE too few, they ARE too scattered, that are all facts.
    And while we are in the lore-forum people prefer to stay true to the facts.
    here is staying true to the facts: YOU are the only you in the story. there are not a million other people doing what you do in the story. you are the only one, along with one other member of each class.

there could literally be 1 member of a race left, and it would still make sense in the lore, even if it didn't in the game.

population will never be a legitimate reasoning for exclusion.

i'm happy with the void elves, and yes, they are high elves. y'all lost, it doesn't matter, get over it. i'll be leveling a void elf priest right after i level a nightborne mage.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    honestly some people really are never satisfied, if they looked like un corrupted high elves the next thing people would have moaned about is why don't they get silvermoon. Maybe something good will come out of this, like Vereesa dabbing into the void and eating her children or something. I wonder where theses guys were hiding though, in the basement?

High elves are fine, as long as they aren't pale and legolas like, the whole reason I was opposed to it. As long as you can't make yourself look like a blood elf, I do not care. I will still make fun of the high elves though, because its low hanging fruit.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-04 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    honestly some people really are never satisfied, if they looked like un corrupted high elves the next thing people would have moaned about is why don't they get silvermoon. Maybe something good will come out of this, like Vereesa dabbing into the void and eating her children or something. I wonder where theses guys were hiding though, in the basement?
    Presumably in Dalaran, which is probably going to hide somewhere safe while the world explodes around it. Pandaria looks like a nice uninvolved place for the time being, or maybe it'll just float out to the other side of Azeroth and just chill there to this whole thing blows over.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    you can never satisfy an alliance
    that's the rules of warcraft
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

you can never satisfy an alliance
    that's the rules of warcraft
    I've played both sides, I like both for different reasons. I was satisfied with what the cinematic suggested. Rule broken lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I've played both sides, I like both for different reasons. I was satisfied with what the cinematic suggested. Rule broken lol.
    you play both factions, that's a cheat, i mean an alliance alliance, who would never play horde

you play both factions, that's a cheat, i mean an alliance alliance, who would never play horde
    Fair enough haha. I did play Alliance longer than Horde though.

Deleted
    Alleria is sure fast in training her army...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Hope they will work on them to make the Void Elves look more distinct.
    I fear Blizzard dropped the ball with them and was scared to not piss High Elf fans off without pleasing them either. End result? You get Void Elves that look nothing like the High Elves some people expected yet they don't look too characteristic either. So yeah, I hope too they will further tweak them and make them actually interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually I think her complaint is more complex than that and even one I could sort of agree. I think too Blizzard kinda half-assed this. These "Void Elves" look like Blood Elf DKs, not resembling High Elves at all while not being truly new and unique either. I was personally in strong favor of the second option but seems Blizzard half-assed it just to give the Alliance the Blood Elf model without, in fact, giving High Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account

High elves are fine, as long as they aren't pale and legolas like, the whole reason I was opposed to it. As long as you can't make yourself look like a blood elf, I do not care. I will still make fun of the high elves though, because its low hanging fruit.
    Friendly, this long, long debate is finally over.

They did get thalassian elves, but the best description I have is that it's a monkey paw result. They got what they wanted, just not in the way they wanted it. Of course the way they wanted it WAS a copy paste of the Blood Elves but that was never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    That's quite naive of you.

Of course it's not over. The fanatics are already preparing a full-out assault on the WoW Official Forums to get actual High Elves. They will never be happy as long they don't get precisely what they crave for and will keep justifying that petty desire with a rehashed version of the nonsense witnessed in the last 10 years.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

They did get thalassian elves, but the best description I have is that it's a monkey paw result. They got what they wanted, just not in the way they wanted it. Of course the way they wanted it WAS a copy paste of the Blood Elves but that was never going to happen.
    yea, they got their elves, just not the white ones. I'm certain the wailing will continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account

Of course it's not over. The fanatics are already preparing a full-out assault on the WoW Official Forums to get actual High Elves. They will never be happy as long they don't get precisely what they crave for and will keep justifying that petty desire with a rehashed version of the nonsense witnessed in the last 10 years.
    Not naive at all. I know what they want. But I'm satisfied now they are never going to get it. Even Ion's commentary on High Elves this morning while speaking with Jessie Cox shows he feels that this is pretty much settled, that a Void Elf is another flavour of High Elf (and he even stated what we've been saying for years, that a Blood Elf IS a High Elf).

Once we confirm that they don't have blood elf palette options, which is really the last topic of debate here, I reckon we should more or less disengage and leave them to it. I reckon enough High Elf fans will be satisfied with an imperfect result of some sort that whatever hard core is left will look a bit crankish in their persistence.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm honestly shocked that people are still complaining. They literally gained the exact Blood Elf model as a fucking playable race in the Alliance. Only difference is the skin color, even the eyes are blue. And who knows, Void Elves may have some 'normal' skin colors as an option. But still, people whine. Amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, they got their elves, just not the white ones. I'm certain the wailing will continue.
    Does bone white count?

But yeah at this point there is little to be gained from continuous engagement. They got an imperfect model, but we scored some wins too in the long term.

1.) Silvermoon, Quel'thalas and the vast majority of the Thalassian elf population are a part of the Horde. This gives our faction the far superior claim to their architecture and fashion assets.

2.) The exact terminology used in regards to the Void Elves are that they are special forces. Special forces are not a civilization, they are a small group. Thalassian elves have no future in the Alliance as a distinct grouping, the remainder of the High Elves will likely assimilate over time.

3.) Void Elves are messing with void magic in a faction that is increasingly aligned with the light. As we see, the light is dictatorial and intolerant of difference. The Void Elves probably don't have a long term future with the Alliance, even if they survive their dabbling with a magic that corrupts the body and the mind if misused.

Basically if WoW ended tomorrow and WoW 2 came out in five years but set centuries in the future, I would argue we would see an awful lot of Half Elves but none or very little High Elves.

The Void Elves (and Ion's offhand comment that the High Elves are assimilating where they live in their exile) pretty much show that they will not persist as a distinct civilization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I'm honestly shocked that people are still complaining. They literally gained the exact Blood Elf model as a fucking playable race in the Alliance. Only difference is the skin color, even the eyes are blue. And who knows, Void Elves may have some 'normal' skin colors as an option. But still, people whine. Amazing.
    Indeed, what they wanted was a Blood Elf playable on the Alliance. This is as close as they can expect to get.

And I really doubt they are going to give the Void Elves normal skin tones. The whole point of a Void Elf is that they imbibed void magic and it has had an effect.

I'd think you'll find the Undead skin tones and hair colours are the sort that Blizzard will give them, pale purple, lilac, bone white skin tones. And jet black, gray or bright white hair colours. Purple as well most likely.

I believe that every Allied Race should fall into one of three categories.

1) They utilize a skeletal model that is completely unique. This category is best exemplified by Vrykul, Arrakoa and Ethereals.

2) They utilize a skeletal model that is functionally unique. This category is best exemplified by Zandalari Trolls or Saberon, whose models are technically shared but not with any of their racial relatives (i.e. Jungle Trolls and Forrest Trolls, totally different models).

3) They utilize a skeletal model that is entirely shared. This category is best exemplified by Highmountain Tauren, "Void Elves", Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei and Dark Iron Dwarves.

I feel like if they're actually going to utilize that third category, it is absolutely necessary to offset extreme similarities between the "Member Races" and Allied Races with excessively unique textures. So, for the "Void Elves" specifically, they really need to make them... uglier. I'm talking full-blown SWTOR Dark Side Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I believe that every Allied Race should fall into one of three categories.

1) They utilize a skeletal model that is completely unique. This category is best exemplified by Vrykul, Arrakoa and Ethereals.

2) They utilize a skeletal model that is functionally unique. This category is best exemplified by Zandalari Trolls or Saberon, whose models are technically shared but not with any of their racial relatives (i.e. Jungle Trolls and Forrest Trolls, totally different models).

3) They utilize a skeletal model that is entirely shared. This category is best exemplified by Highmountain Tauren, "Void Elves", Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei and Dark Iron Dwarves.

I feel like if they're actually going to utilize that third category, it is absolutely necessary to offset extreme similarities between the "Member Races" and Allied Races with excessively unique textures. So, for the "Void Elves" specifically, they really need to make them... uglier. I'm talking full-blown SWTOR Dark Side Corruption.

I doubt they're going to go that far, at least not as mandatory. Distinct enough that we can't replicate blood elf characters, sure, but from the pics we've seen I doubt we'll get that level of corruption save for an optional skin choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I doubt they're going to go that far, at least not as mandatory. Distinct enough that we can't replicate blood elf characters, sure, but from the pics we've seen I doubt we'll get that level of corruption save for an optional skin choice.
    There's a noticeable purple around the eyes of Void Elves and that surely isn't something you can remove, it's one of the few distinctive "Void" traits they have. Consequentely, the skin color as well needs to fit that characteristic and surely it can't look too "healthy".