Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I'm pretty sure Liadrin knew about the Naaru.
    Yes, as a source of Light. And the Mu'ru event led to redemption of her.

Deleted
    But seriously, the Void Elves being Blood Elves just makes them more annoying. They are already the least different or special looking Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Blood Elves that used Fel Magic to satisfy their addiction are all dead. Silvermoon fought their own prince because of that betrayal.

So, no hypocrisy, it's actually following that they did before.

- - - Updated - - -

Was that same regime that Lor'themar, Liadrin and Rommath fought against as soon they learned?
    No they aren't. The sunfury and remaining soldiers of kael'thas pledged allegiance and rejoined in mists of pandaria and along with that lor'themar ordered they start training new spellbreakers. Where do you think all the spellbreakers on isle of thunder came from?

- - - Updated - - -

But seriously, the Void Elves being Blood Elves just makes them more annoying. They are already the least different or special looking Allied Race.
    Um no? They have unique skin tones and hair options. The least unique are probably the tauren since the only new things they have are tattoos and antler styles I'm surprised they didn't use taunka instead
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The HM Tauren have only different horns and the Lightforged Draenei have different eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    No they aren't. The sunfury and remaining soldiers of kael'thas pledged allegiance and rejoined in mists of pandaria and along with that lor'themar ordered they start training new spellbreakers. Where do you think all the spellbreakers on isle of thunder came from?
    Being a Sunfury doesn't automatically mean you gobbled on Fel. Plenty of Sunfury that didn't turn into Felblood. Kael's main base of operation was Netherstorm, where he and his followers drained the entire zone of magic and stored Arcane energy in boxes. And what do the Spellbreakers have to do with Fel? Or even the Sunfury (who, by the way, rejoined before Cata, not in MoP)?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-11-06 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Source? First time I ever read such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Being Sunfury doesn't automatically mean you gobbled on Fel. Plenty of Sunfury that didn't turn into Felblood. And what do spellbreakers have to do with Fel? Or even Sunfury (who by the way rejoined before Cata, not in MoP)?
    I knew something was off with Immitis' post. Yep, I don't understand what's the connection between Spellbreakers and Fel.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    So back on the pointless drivel that is every word on this forum, high elves and blood elves are genetically relatively the same, that much is true, as true it is their differences are ideological not unlike the Huojin and Tushui divide, but actually meaningful.
    How is the Tushui/Huojin divide less meaningful? The Tushui at least offer an equal counterpart to the Huojin. And, unlike the High Elves, aren't a bunch of different groups completely lacking in unity. High Elves don't even have a common origin story, some were exiles, some were random High Elves that weren't around during the Scourge invasion. Hell, they don't even see eye to eye on something as fundamental to their political identity as keeping the beef with Quel'thalas alive. Because while the Silver Covenant members get PTSD episodes every time they cut themselves while shaving because blood reminds them of the Blood Elves, Auric's people were willing to attempt reconciliation talks.

If we put into consideration the voild elves being former blood elves going to the alliance, it just makes it sound that the Belves might loose more people to defection than to war itself, but on the other hand, I bet those nightborne will make up for it in terms of population.
    Void isn't exactly the most popular thing out there, so a bunch of people getting exiled for messing too much with it is unlikely to cause some significant demographic change.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

How is the Tushui/Huojin divide less meaningful? The Tushui at least offer an equal counterpart to the Huojin. And, unlike the High Elves, aren't a bunch of different groups completely lacking in unity. High Elves don't even have a common origin story, some were exiles, some were random High Elves that weren't around during the Scourge invasion. Hell, they don't even see eye to eye on something as fundamental to their political identity as keeping the beef with Quel'thalas alive. Because while the Silver Covenant members get PTSD episodes every time they cut themselves while shaving because blood reminds them of the Blood Elves, Auric's people were willing to attempt reconciliation talks.
    I'm talking about the Silver Covenant specifically; that's the high elven group that keeps showing up and being relevant.

Void isn't exactly the most popular thing out there, so a bunch of people getting exiled for messing too much with it is unlikely to cause some significant demographic change.
    Perhaps, but it calls into question the whole idea that Void Elves are an "Allied Race" and not a bunch of exiled belves.

ARe there any high elves/humans etc with the army of light or are Turalyon and Alleria the only 'sons of lothar' that are a part of the group? I assumed the void elves would be an offshoot of that but come to think of it I'm not sure if there are any elves beyond alleria there.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    ARe there any high elves/humans etc with the army of light or are Turalyon and Alleria the only 'sons of lothar' that are a part of the group? I assumed the void elves would be an offshoot of that but come to think of it I'm not sure if there are any elves beyond alleria there.
    There wasn't any others.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about the Silver Covenant specifically; that's the high elven group that keeps showing up and being relevant.

Perhaps, but it calls into question the whole idea that Void Elves are an "Allied Race" and not a bunch of exiled belves.
    Allied race basically throw the lore out of the window when it comes to populations, it makes sense that its a small group of elves that got exiled for using the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I don't think population is really the main thing for high elves. It's just them being too similar to blood elves, a factor mitigated by void elves to some degree from what we've seen. Afterall, while there are pleny of pandaren in general very, very few of them joined the alliance or horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Allied race basically throw the lore out of the window when it comes to populations, it makes sense that its a small group of elves that got exiled for using the void.
    I don't think I actually have an issue with it in practically, maybe it's just the term "allied race" that I don't quite like, just as I didn't like the term "sub races" and preferred the idea of "sub factions". IDK, maybe I wouldn't have an issue at all if they had been "Allied Factions" It just feels strange to consider the void elves a "race"

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I don't think I actually have an issue with it in practically, maybe it's just the term "allied race" that I don't quite like, just as I didn't like the term "sub races" and preferred the idea of "sub factions". IDK, maybe I wouldn't have an issue at all if they had been "Allied Factions" It just feels strange to consider the void elves a "race"
    Race in general is a misused word commonly in WoW. They seem to be a squadron of elves, honestly I am not going to think too much about it anything from a "special forces" type of deal when it comes to their canon population. There was no way an actual sustainable portion of the Sin'dorei broke off and went nuts with the void. I almost wish that the void elves were recovered "withered" blood elves, restored by the void into a sickly image of their former visage. It makes more sense then "oh some blood elves got caught using the void and were expelled, its a 'race' now"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Source? First time I ever read such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew something was off with Immitis' post. Yep, I don't understand what's the connection between Spellbreakers and Fel.
    It happened in one of the short stories, and there isn't any connection between the feel and spellbreakers I don't know where you got that from my post. After kael'thas slaughtered almost all the spellbreakers at magisters terrace they stopped training new ones. Then in mists of pandaria lor'themar ordered the sunfury to reopen the academy
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Race in general is a misused word commonly in WoW. They seem to be a squadron of elves, honestly I am not going to think too much about it anything from a "special forces" type of deal when it comes to their canon population. There was no way an actual sustainable portion of the Sin'dorei broke off and went nuts with the void. I almost wish that the void elves were recovered "withered" blood elves, restored by the void into a sickly image of their former visage. It makes more sense then "oh some blood elves got caught using the void and were expelled, its a 'race' now"
    Honestly ALOT of 'races' that came to the game are called a race pretty arbitrarily; Remember Bloodelves weren't a race different from Highelves at the start, it was just a re-naming to honor their people after the Scourge attacked, its just using Fel to sate the magic addiction that changed them slightly enough to be "different"

Dranai are in a similer boat. Its not a race but what Velen named them after they ran away from Argus, the race is Eredar and while thy didnt change, the Argus Eredar became demons and kind of changed what Eredar were kinda sorta...

Theres really only 2 major reasons we are getting VOID elves;

1. To keep the whole Light V Void thing in the background of the game even when its not the 100% main focus (See Also: Void Looking tendrils during Slyvanna's Banshee wail V Anduin's Light)

2. To give the Alliance Blood/High Elves BUT differentiate them enough so people can tell the difference at a glance, which Highelves are still too similar if they are fully armored.
    Last edited by ryuke09; 2017-11-06 at 02:28 AM.

Also you can feed off the feel without turning into a felblood. Felblood is what happens when you either eat enough to turn into a demon or drink enough demon blood, just like feel orcs. The sunfury used fel.

7+ Year Old Account
    I also see as very possible some drastic fate for the Silver Convenant. With Vereesa burning down Teldrassil to stop Sylvanas.
    so you mean sylv didn't burn the tree with vereesa attached to it
    shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    It happened in one of the short stories, and there isn't any connection between the feel and spellbreakers I don't know where you got that from my post.
    Considering I was talking about Fel magic and you brought the Spellbreakers to disagree with my post, it's easy to see where I got it.

It happened in one of the short stories, and there isn't any connection between the feel and spellbreakers I don't know where you got that from my post. After kael'thas slaughtered almost all the spellbreakers at magisters terrace they stopped training new ones. Then in mists of pandaria lor'themar ordered the sunfury to reopen the academy
    Where were the Sunfury named in regards to the new Spellbreakers?

Also you can feed off the feel without turning into a felblood. Felblood is what happens when you either eat enough to turn into a demon or drink enough demon blood, just like feel orcs. The sunfury used fel.
    Which, given the vast reserves of Arcane in Netherstorm, you're going to need to support with something tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    where are those naysayers, who said that there is too few high elves, that they are too scattered, they have no culture, no city?.. it turns out, there is even smaller group of elves, who will be playable.. so stop bringing out population numbers as an obstacle to make some race playable, thanks
    Where are all the aye sayers after it was clarified these are Blood Elves? Most of them kinda vanished after that, together with their smugness -
    that was rather misplaced to begin with, given the opposite argument was in case of most of the posters about, the horror, implausibility rather than impossibility (which somehow never properly registered with the pro-High Elf crowd) - for some inexplicable reason.

Where are all the aye sayers after it was clarified these are Blood Elves? Most of them kinda vanished after that, together with their smugness -
    that was rather misplaced to begin with, given the opposite argument was in case of most of the posters about, the horror, implausibility rather than impossibility (which somehow never properly registered with the pro-High Elf crowd) - for some inexplicable reason.
    What? How does Void elf origin devalue my argument with population numbers? All i said was that here is another group of elves, which is even smaller, than requested high elves.. So population arguments are totally irrelevant when it comes to creating playable race, thx, bb gg.

Considering I was talking about Fel magic and you brought the Spellbreakers to disagree with my post, it's easy to see where I got it.
    You said the people who fed on the fel we're all dead. Those people currently serve and train in silvermoons military forces. All of kael'thas forces were taught how to extract magic from demons to sate their addiction by illidan. Rommath taught the civilians how to do it to regular creatures which is why most of the blood elves didn't KNOW why they started getting green eyes but all of the sunfury knew. It was only AFTER kael'thas died they decided to serve the reagent Lord. Some blood elves like warlocks still feed on the fel as per the cata starting zone intro. Me personally I think they never should've gotten rid of Mana tap in the first place