Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I don't think he should. Would be kinda pointless and it would lessen the development that happened in Ragnarok if he just goes right back to use another little hammer instead of his lightning powers. Didn't he have a spear at the end anyway?
    Odin's spear is Gungnir, but I don't think a spear is a good toy. Lightning is a nice showy thing, sure, but it's not the same nature as a melee weapon. The hammer is good, from an image and toy perspective. I think an axe can also work, though not a sword, for Thor, but I think he is Mjolnir in a way that movie goers see. Otherwise, the breaking of the hammer wouldn't have really mattered.

Captain America could do great without the shield, give him Daredevil's tool and he'd be doing great, right? But Captain America IS his shield. Thor IS his hammer. Contrast to Black Widow who has no defining weapon and is sort of just there sometimes. Even Hawkeye is the guy with the bow...

This discussion being a movie goer/ general public thing. Actual comic fans are like abused spouses that keep going back, so they are happy for changes that mean maybe this time things will be different.

When I read Xmen back in Ye Ancient Days of Yore, it just wore me out and I gave up.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he should. Would be kinda pointless and it would lessen the development that happened in Ragnarok if he just goes right back to use another little hammer instead of his lightning powers. Didn't he have a spear at the end anyway?
    Yeah, he was using Gungnir, as that's the spear of the All-Father, which is now his title but tbh, he's going to need something brutal to go up against Thanos in IW. As we know he gets wrecked at the start so... Yeah.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I can’t believe I’m saying this but this is the first marvel movie where I actually agree that there was too much humor. I guess they are just going full speed ahead with the dumb meathead Thor. There was something really awkward to me about Ruffalo’s performance too. Not sure what it was. I still like it but it’s definitely not cracking my mcu top five.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I can’t believe I’m saying this but this is the first marvel movie where I actually agree that there was too much humor. I guess they are just going full speed ahead with the dumb meathead Thor. There was something really awkward to me about Ruffalo’s performance too. Not sure what it was. I still like it but it’s definitely not cracking my mcu top five.
    the only joke i felt was out of place was when the revengers were about to meet hela and loki says "im not doing help again"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only joke i felt was out of place was when the revengers were about to meet hela and loki says "im not doing help again"
    I didn't mind that one, the one that I felt was a little flat was Korg's whole "Foundations" joke as Asgard was getting fucked. That seemed a time for a serious scene, not a comedic one...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I didn't mind that one, the one that I felt was a little flat was Korg's whole "Foundations" joke as Asgard was getting fucked. That seemed a time for a serious scene, not a comedic one...
    you have to admit it fit the character though.

- - - Updated - - -

also i felt korg kinda stole the show
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you have to admit it fit the character though.
    Oh for sure, Taika has a habit of giving himself the best lines and he lived up to that with this character...

But it still felt VERY flat to me. In most of his other films he's always managed to find the right balance of humour and emotion. Ragnarok was the first case, for me, of the balance being a bit off. That scene was just the most obvious case of it, seeing as we're witnessing the total fucking destruction of Asgard... And he makes a joke. Felt really out of place.

Just came from seeing it. They went overboard with the humor, a few times it felt out of place. Almost Deadpool like.

Also all they needed to beat Hela was a few of those tiny remote electric shock devices, that shit was OP as fuck.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-11-04 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valkrie ftw

That is all

Just got done watching Thor, and I thought it was a fun film. Definitely better than the first film by a huge margin.

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about Thor 3...mind you, I like the Guardians of the Galaxy series too, but taking that formula and feeding it to Thor to double down on the funny cosmic vibe it started didn’t work as well for me. Sure some of the humorous parts were good, but I always viewed the Thor series as a touch more on the serious/Shakespearean side, it felt odd. Maybe if Thor has started with that formula it would’ve worked, but yeah...I did like the twist to the traditional Ragnarok story though, just a shame we didn’t get a chance to see Hela get smashed by Hulk a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I dunno, I have mixed feelings about Thor 3...mind you, I like the Guardians of the Galaxy series too, but taking that formula and feeding it to Thor to double down on the funny cosmic vibe it started didn’t work as well for me. Sure some of the humorous parts were good, but I always viewed the Thor series as a touch more on the serious/Shakespearean side, it felt odd. Maybe if Thor has started with that formula it would’ve worked, but yeah...I did like the twist to the traditional Ragnarok story though, just a shame we didn’t get a chance to see Hela get smashed by Hulk a bit.
    Thank you. I feel the same way. I love the movie but it felt like they tried way to hard with the humor in this one. It isn’t Thor. It’s Guardians of the 9 Realms. Thor didn’t act like this in any of the 4 movies he appeared in previously. I guess it all started in those videos with his roommate Darryl that came out around Civil War time. I guess they are going full speed ahead with dumb meathead Thor. I prefer the more Shakespearean Thor who had funny moments because he was a man out of time/place.

I'd hazard a guess that Mjolnir is re-made by the Infinity Gauntlet in one of the up and coming films. Mjolnir is far too iconic and an essential part of Thor's character for it not to return.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    I'd hazard a guess that Mjolnir is re-made by the Infinity Gauntlet in one of the up and coming films. Mjolnir is far too iconic and an essential part of Thor's character for it not to return.
    I hope they don't. We also don't really know what is going to be around after Avengers 4.

Why wasn't Sif in Thor Ragnarok? The warriors three were there but no Sif. Is Jamie Alexander done playing her or something? Is the valkerie the new sif?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Why wasn't Sif in Thor Ragnarok? The warriors three were there but no Sif. Is Jamie Alexander done playing her or something? Is the valkerie the new sif?
    She's been done since second movie.
    She was on Agents of shield tough.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Actually, Taika spoke on this directly and said it's simply because her schedule didn't work with the movie from her filming Blindspot in NYC. Otherwise, she would have been in it. And Feige said that it's good she wasn't there, otherwise she would be dead. So while it's not some official confirmation, it shows that his mind agrees her character is worth exploring in a future movie if they have a good idea for it.

More specifically, I bet he sees her being fem Thor. Would work pretty well tbh.
    BAD WOLF

for me, The Dark World was better than Ragnarok.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's looking more and more like Disney may be buying large portions of Fox... Which means my dream of a Gorr Saga trilogy, and an Infamous Iron Man Trilogy are drawing one step closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    So it's looking more and more like Disney may be buying large portions of Fox... Which means my dream of a Gorr Saga trilogy, and an Infamous Iron Man Trilogy are drawing one step closer!

Reports are saying the talks are dead. Who knows though? We need F4 in the mcu. Especially the villains.