Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Actually resurrection magic doesn't exist in lore, if it did then why would Anduin not ress Varian, his mother, etc etc - he healed them. What's more he clearly only healed the front lines, there was a full army behind him
    First of all it have happend but very very very rarely. Only the strongest beliver in the light, and those favored by it. In wolfheart the book. Tyranded got a arrow in the heart and died, but favored by the light she was self resurrected. lore wise one of the few who haves(the only one to my knowlege)

Ot. the alliance army did look much larger, but that battle stratgy is a joke. IF you have siege weaponry, and the enemy dont, after they had been resurrcted instedt of chargeingthe horde should have standed their ground and let siege weaponry attack before entered melee. We say in the start how the catapult destroyed the archer lines. keep it simpel, use your advantages

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No, we would have just plague bombed your stupid asses.
    And like i said before. And by that logic the gnomes could have used the radiative bombs they have...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It wasn't mass ress btw, it was mass healing

Again, not the same thing.
    Well... it is. Both were resurrected using voodoo magic. You stated there haven't been any examples of resurrection in lore, and that's incorrect.

It's not incorrect, in Lore, it is impossible to ressurect someone without some kind of ritual, there is no simple spell that brings life, paladins can't actually resurrect people, druids can't rebirth - that's just gameplay
    Ah, thought you meant there haven't been any examples of resurrection, period. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    First of all it have happend but very very very rarely. Only the strongest beliver in the light, and those favored by it. In wolfheart the book. Tyranded got a arrow in the heart and died, but favored by the light she was self resurrected. lore wise one of the few who haves(the only one to my knowlege)

Ot. the alliance army did look much larger, but that battle stratgy is a joke. IF you have siege weaponry, and the enemy dont, after they had been resurrcted instedt of chargeingthe horde should have standed their ground and let siege weaponry attack before entered melee. We say in the start how the catapult destroyed the archer lines. keep it simpel, use your advantages

- - - Updated - - -

And like i said before. And by that logic the gnomes could have used the radiative bombs they have...
    You should have lead wit those then, I guess you want to actually inhabit the city and not just kick the Horde out. Either way we should just plague your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    Tirion was able to mass res us in Icecrown Citadel. That was real in the lore and not just a game mechanic. It can be done but it's super duper rare.
    Why isn't she using the plague? She used it before. Now she's warchief. If burning down telldrasil is any indication, she's not trying to win hearts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    Tirion was able to mass res us in Icecrown Citadel. That was real in the lore and not just a game mechanic. It can be done but it's super duper rare.
    that wasnt tirion, it was terenas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Why isn't she using the plague? She used it before. Now she's warchief. If burning down telldrasil is any indication, she's not trying to win hearts.
    the blight doesnt suddenly stop working on horde soldiers, if she used it she'd kill her own troops.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Weird that you want to argue this one yet don't want to concede you were completely wrong on the other one. Deflection 101.
    TIL staying on topic with relevant points is deflection. I continued with Medivh because that was the clearest example of someone being truly resurrected with a body that was not preserved.

Lei Shen originally died of old age, despite how Lei Shen's body looked in-game (Blizzard would be very unlikely to make a unique decrepit model just for a quick little scene). Chronicle changed it to death by super weapon. It is ambiguous as to the exact state of his body or the exact mechanics of how the Forge of Origination killed him.

How preserved of a body do you claim is necessary? The reason anyone dies is because their body is no longer functional (or something happened to their soul). So any true resurrection requires restoring the body to functioning form. What is the limit of this? Can you do it with a toe? A skeleton? Ashes? Does the whole body have to be there even in pieces? What if a vital organ is missing?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-11-06 at 04:43 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    If Anduin didnt have Mass Rez?
    It was an AoE heal not a res. Res isn't actually a thing in Warcraft (usually) just a quality of life thing players get.

Deleted
    Honestly as soon as takes blight, mana bombs, and other devastating weapons away from both factions the better.

Pretty sure it was power word: Barrier....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Let the Forsaken use the plague, the only one alive in that battlefield would have been Genn
    I'm still amazed the catapults with the Canisters weren't present.
    We know how devastating they can be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    It does exist, but is exceedingly rare. Medivh would be a prime example, but there was a time Anduin did in fact revive Varian (not in a non-chalantly way, super emotional and likely a fluke)
    Also in the Novel Warcrimes, Jaina died (from an arrow i think) and Chi ji resurrected her.
    Jaina also let go of most of her hatred towards the horde, but ingame it feels like blizz forgot that part of the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    If Anduin hadn't cast that spell, the dozen or so soldiers she hit would have died and been replaced by the ranks behind them like nothing had happened.

Following that, the Horde forces would have promptly been crushed because they were being led by a commander who was so inept that she thought that the best way to defend an underground city which is only accessible via a handful of small lifts, which is inhabited by people who cannot get sick, don't need to eat and don't need to drink against an enemy with both numerical and technological superiority was to charge out the front gates.
    Well she can't res the dead, hence why she is looking for ways to bring more forsaken in stormheim, if she could turn the dead this wouldn't be a war it would be a slaughter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acemi View Post
    Also in the Novel Warcrimes, Jaina died (from an arrow i think) and Chi ji resurrected her.
    Jaina also let go of most of her hatred towards the horde, but ingame it feels like blizz forgot that part of the novel.
    No one said she has hate anymore she is just troubled

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    If I were in her shoes I would have still used the plague, but would have done so carefully.

Use it on the back ranks of the Alliance forces and try to enclose them between plague and UC, presenting them with three choices.

1. Advance, which would cause losses on both sides, but it'll be a meat grinder in Hordes favor
    2. Tactical retreat, but that would involve heavy losses in having to trudge through plague
    3. Full retreat, open portals and abandon the battlefield

But this is all in hindsight.
    RELEASE THE PLAGUE!
    We need gas mask
    Well we have them but I find it funny that only undead seem to use them (Like when we clean up the beaches of stormheim)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    No one said she has hate anymore she is just troubled
    well i certainly hope so, but disappearing for the whole add on when the greatest threat ever is up, seems like she still is.
    maybe she has/had a good reason to not come back (other than beeing pissed), i guess we will have to wait for BFA to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Acemi View Post
    well i certainly hope so, but disappearing for the whole add on when the greatest threat ever is up, seems like she still is.
    maybe she has/had a good reason to not come back (other than beeing pissed), i guess we will have to wait for BFA to find out.
    I think she had her own demons to deal with.
    Bombing of theramore
    Helping the horde become what it is; she probably feels a lot of what is happening in the war is partially her fault.
    Having a hand in her father's death
    Not stopping Arthas at stratholm
    She has been through alot

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    "Banshee Sylvannas" and Mass-rez Anduin looks like a very localized event. In the end, it's still the combined might of Stormwind/Ironforge/Gilneas roflstomping Undercity
    Please don't downplay the Horde on this one. It was the combined might of Stormwind/Ironforge/Gilneas/Night Elves roflstomping the Forsaken/tauren/trolls/lolpandas/orcs.

the light does odd things. could have been a mass rez and a heal.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I think some people aren't looking into this fight correctly. Sylvanas's opening speech tells a lot about what is happening, as does her and Anduin's face. Neither of them want total annihilation of the other, just to become the strongest fighting force for Azeroth.

There were lots of explanations from Blizzard employees about it as well. Watch the discussions if you can. The horde and alliance are just grinding their blades for the true battle to come.