Poll: Who started the Battle for Azeroth?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Who do you think attacked first Horde burning Teldrassil or Alliance taking Undercity

So I was just wondering what everyone one thinks is going to happen here?

Will the Hoard burn Teldrassil first, and the Alliance then take Undercity in retaliation? or will Alliance take undercity (Possibility to restore Lorderon?) and the hoard burn the tree for revenge? Or do you think we are still missing a bigger part of the picture and something else causes the conflict?

I would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks. (Also what side of the conflict are You on?)
    Last edited by Stormwatcher; 2017-11-06 at 10:04 PM.

Would normally go with "not enough info", but if I have to choose, I'd say Horde went first.

A developer already talked about this in an gamespot interview.
    Im not allowed to post links yet, just google it, but prepare for some spoilers

Not enough info, i like Taliesins idea
    Horde*
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarinor View Post
    A developer already talked about this in an gamespot interview.
    Im not allowed to post links yet, just google it, but prepare for some spoilers
    That gamespot interview gave a really poorly worded statement saying horde struck first, so I'm going with it was a hypothetical answer that was taken out of context because it would be stupid to spend all of blizzcon saying we don't know who did it and then randomly being like oh hey yeah they did it.

lacking options, I think it was some unimportant racist little shit without a grasp of consequences, or alternatively a 3rda third party such as old gods/naga/quilboar/Satyrs/kobold king

We already know that the Alliance attacked first when Genn shot at the Horde in Stormheim. The factions were at peace again following the Siege of Orgrimmar and were working together on the Broken Shore. Those shots fired in Stormheim were the first of the war, as to which side escalates it into another World War by attacking a major city remains to be seen.

Deleted
    For Horde players: the Alliance attacks first. And vice versa

It's why the cinematic is unspecific and why they're putting so much emphasis on the "mystery". The answer will not be the same for everyone.

Deleted
    alliance scum

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    We already know that the Alliance attacked first when Genn shot at the Horde in Stormheim. The factions were at peace again following the Siege of Orgrimmar and were working together on the Broken Shore. Those shots fired in Stormheim were the first of the war, as to which side escalates it into another World War by attacking a major city remains to be seen.
    That occurs after Sylvanas abandons the Alliance to die on the Broken Shore.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    that right there is the right answer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That occurs after Sylvanas abandons the Alliance to die on the Broken Shore.
    they didnt abanden the alliance.
    (it just looked for them that way )

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

they didn't abandon the alliance.
    OK, so going with this logic, how does burning down the tree make any sense? Would it not make more sense to attack and capture Gilneas instead?

I can get behind the idea of Sylvanas reigniting the war because Genn Greymane wanted to get revenge on her killing his son. But if that was the case I think it would have been a full on battle for northern part of the eastern kingdoms. (no Burring tree)

But to your second point, the Hoard really did abandon the Alliance at the siege of the tomb. Wither they had a good excuse or not is for another discussion. ^_^

Damn Hoard and Aliance.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

nice sig and avy lol
    #TeamSylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Nomi burned Teldrassil. That little shit burns everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwatcher View Post
    So I was just wondering what everyone one thinks is going to happen here?

Will the Hoard burn Teldrassil first, and the Alliance then take Undercity in retaliation? or will Alliance take undercity (Possibility to restore Lorderon?) and the hoard burn the tree for revenge? Or do you think we are still missing a bigger part of the picture and something else causes the conflict?

I would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks. (Also what side of the conflict are You on?)
    Anduin already stated that he would attack horde after Legion so I'm guessing Alliance attacks first.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If you saw the Horde side of that Cinematic, the Horde had to leave on Warchief Voljin's dying order to Sylvanas to not let the Horde die there that day. Looking around her they were surrounded and she had to call for the Retreat, there was no malevolent intent (surprisingly) on Sylvanas's part.

Stormheim didn't start another war though. It was a single battle. Before the Storm makes it clear that the two factions are not at war prior to the events of that novel.

Either Sylvanas reignites the war with the attack on Teldrassil or something else happens that leads her to attack Teldrassil. Blaming Genn because of Stormheim is like blaming Sylvanas because of Gilneas.

Deleted
    Devs said we players will start expansion in the moment of Undercity attack. In the intro, it was stated Teldrassil is burned down. So I think Horde attacked 1st. But we don't know reasons. Maybe inside job. Don't know.

Doesn't change a fact we will butcher those pink skinned pigs. The Alliance is weak.

The evil savagers of the horde of course.

The leak says Sylvanas burns down Teldrassil with Gorribal first.