Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well that goes without saying since it'll have 10 years worth of players to draw from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    95% number pretty much is proof you are just trying to be a jerk. I will imagine it will go like the new expansion though. A month or two of hustle and bustle and then it settling down to its core audience as everyone that isn't leaves to play the other, or the more likely, neither.
    people that preferred the classic experience over retail are not on this website since their favorite part of the game died a long time ago and moved on. Only current wow players, who play it because they like it more are still on this website and by a fair margin they live in a echo chamber where vanilla is seen as a terrible thing that people will hate, because it won't include looking for dungeon/raid, upgraded "fancy" graphics and other "quality of life updates" or other things that they have appreciated for almost a decade.

Coming on this website to defend classic servers and their existence is the same as going on a extremely religious website and saying gay marriage is okay and expecting them to agree, they won't, they'd rather see it completely fall apart then give other people the chance to experience it

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling its not going to be successful. Sure for maybe a month or 2 people will play it but either Blizz is gonna give us the full original and people are gonna say man this is shit or blizz is gonna give use a shadow of the original that maybe is modernized and people wont get that nostalgia feel.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Retail launch of WoW you mean? Eh, maybe. But I think its going to have a huge falloff. Quality of Life in vanilla was horrible, but most of those problems were fixed in TBC. Kindof wished it was a TBC server, but it doesn't make sense to make it one at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermoord View Post
    people that preferred the classic experience over retail are not on this website since their favorite part of the game died a long time ago and moved on. Only current wow players, who play it because they like it more are still on this website and by a fair margin they live in a echo chamber where vanilla is seen as a terrible thing that people will hate, because it won't include looking for dungeon/raid, upgraded "fancy" graphics and other "quality of life updates" or other things that they have appreciated for almost a decade.

Coming on this website to defend classic servers and their existence is the same as going on a extremely religious website and saying gay marriage is okay and expecting them to agree, they won't, they'd rather see it completely fall apart then give other people the chance to experience it
    It is ok to cry man. It is good to get in touch with your feelings. If it is really that big of a deal then just don't roll on the server? I don't see why this matters all that much. I personally will play on both? So what gives. You seem to have a very serious problem with just letting people do what they want. I am not a huge fan of SWTOR but I really don't have a problem with people that play the game. Just a video game. Really not that big of a deal to get worked up over.

So live a little. Go outside. Because this line of work you arent to good at.

Maybe for a week. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I look forward to the wave of complaints about very slow levelling, mob competition (tapping issues) for quests, slow respawn times, etc. etc. etc. before people even reach level 10...
    Yep, this is why nobody at Bliz wants the job. There will be harsh complaints about whatever spliced together version of vanilla they go with. Many will cry if they don't get things from patch 1.12 that came out almost two years after Vanilla started. Kids have no idea that Vanilla private servers were so happy to upgrade to these patches because of the amount of broken mess the game was. But that broken mess for two years is what forced the way we played then, and the economy as it was.

As the saying goes. You can't go home again.

I will keep walking between Durator and The Barrens to trigger that epic barrens music.

Deleted
    It is ok to cry man. It is good to get in touch with your feelings. If it is really that big of a deal then just don't roll on the server? I don't see why this matters all that much. I personally will play on both? So what gives. You seem to have a very serious problem with just letting people do what they want. I am not a huge fan of SWTOR but I really don't have a problem with people that play the game. Just a video game. Really not that big of a deal to get worked up over.

that's exactly what i said

Did you quote the wrong person or just not read it? His post was pretty calm, and his opinions align with yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on when it's launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

that kind of worries me to be honest because im imagining them not wanting to merge servers as soon as they will need it. i think a solid 75% of that huge amount you're talking about will be done with it within 2 months which is fine, the game isn't supposed to be the biggest game ever, it's supposed to be there for people like me that know for a fact we prefer it over any other version of the game.

my concern is that im in a super fun server for 2-3 months and then after im already 60 and have some good gear going and maybe a few alts started i realize that there are really 4-5 good servers in the US and the rest are basically dead so i need to go reroll on one of those populated servers to actually have people to play with.

i think blizzard will need to do server merging and they will need to be quick about it to avoid people quitting because their server is dead and their work to that point has been pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg, if you guys do not argu witch patch that is vanilla you only speak about those who will quit after they figure out how hard it is, stop being ungratefull fucks, people love darksouls and cuphead.

I heard WoW Classic is gonna cure cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously threads like these really aren't necessary they serve no purpose but to create a larger and larger wedge between classic fans/advocates and retail players.
    I do believe Classic Servers will be very successful but to say *more* so then retail is very debatable and we have no real way to know for sure especially when you factor in its only 4+days after announcement and still over a year or more to release, so many details could change in that time its unreal to be predicting so prematurely.

If its actual vanilla people will realise how crap it was and leave. If its "fixed" vanilla, people will say "This isn't vanilla" and leave. Either way, no it wont.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    They are hiring now. There is a post for the lead, because nobody wants the job.
    rofl ..really?

If they actually make QoL adjustments, I could see it. If they just redo the same thing we've already experienced, I really don't see the true longevity of it.

Nostalrius was, to my knowledge, the biggest vanilla private server, at ~1M players. Keep in mind that that was also FREE, and Classic Servers will probably require a sub.

There is no way Classic will have more than live, unless live actually dips below 1M (in which case, WoW is pretty much dead).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-11-08 at 05:21 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon the Huntard View Post
    Omg, if you guys do not argu witch patch that is vanilla you only speak about those who will quit after they figure out how hard it is, stop being ungratefull fucks, people love darksouls and cuphead.
    Nothing about Classic is difficult though. I seriously hope you didn't just compare a game like WOW to a game with 100 percent dodgeable abilities lol.

Typically I say people who think Classic is hard are noobs, but what you just said breaks any comprehension.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I could see it for a short time. A lot of people are in for a harsh reality with Vanilla though, it definitely won't last long if it does.
    My favorite thing about this announcement is Blizz has has made 0 promises about it, no release date, nothing about what "classic" means, no word on what features will be in the game......literally nothing.