Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Eh I get the complaints about the faceless state of WoW, but I prefer it over being stuck on a small sever and spamming LFG xxx in trade chat for 30 minutes to run heroics. I really do miss logging on and getting whispers asking me to come and heal something though.
    I'd say LFG has changed the game's community than any other change they've made. It has huge positives and negatives.

Back on topic: Wow is already faceless, might as well embrace it fully with changes like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    What does this mean for PVE players stumbling into PVP zones, Such as Wintergrasp/Tol Barad/Ashran or the awkwardly placed PVP towers in the Broken Isles?

Will the base guards of the opposing faction act more like the ones in Dalaran that stun and teleport you instead of killing you?
    Well the towers in Legion seem to work out quite well. And will likely be how blizzard intends to go forward. Small confined pvp areas that override your pve on toggle while in said area. Once the area is left your toggle is back to pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Well the towers in Legion seem to work out quite well.

Not sure if serious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    I have never ganked but I have played in groups with fellow PVP server lovers which helped to ward off gankers as a team. Even that simple pleasure is going now. Like my subscription.
    Why do you think that won't happen? As far as i see that there will still be people out in the world ganking others. Maybe less people ganking lowies, maybe more... it all depends on how many people will level with PvP activated. But since it is an active choice everybody can make my prediction is that more max level groups will roam the lands looking for victims. So i could very well be that in will shift in dimensions, meaning that it will be more group vs group PvP. But there will still be people own their own in the world.

People (especially doomsayers) tend to think in tiny boxes: there are PvP-servers and PvE-servers, and when the switch is coming there will only be PvE-servers.
    That is actually wrong. There will be only servers (home servers) from which (in the City hubs) you "log into" either a PvP-server or a PvE-Server by simply toggling a button.
    As Blizz has explained it will NOT be like on PvE servers that you can kill somebody, toggle the switch to "off" and stand there laughing at the other while he can't kill you. Because you are a: not able to do that while out in the world, and b: will be thrown into the PvE shard of this region where the other is not in because he is in the PvP-shard.

The switch is exactly like PvP and PvE servers work now, with the slight difference that you can "realm transfer" as much as you want, from within the game itself without any extra cost. But the functionality of PvP servers is staying exact the same: everyone you see in the world can be attacked and killed at will. You won't see any "untouchable" PvE players in the world if your toggle is set to "total destruction and mayhem" ;-)

You try to kill every non tank you see.

So you're picking and choosing.

Now everyone has the option to pick and choose when to PVP in the open world.

You opposing this is hypocritical.

Good day sir.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Personally I play on a PVE server these days, however I used to play on a PVP server.

I think this change is a bad one, it is going to completely remove the uncertainy that you get on a PVP server, 'Is that person going to attack me, should I attack him/her first or should I just leave him/her be and go about my business'. Now with a toggle option, anyone that has PVP toggled on will just attack at will the uncertainty will be gone as anyone that doesn't want to PVP and just quest will have it toggled off for sure.

Sure it fits the theme of the expansion as it's all out war, but I feel it will remove that 'thing' that makes random encounters on pvp servers so special.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senea View Post
    Personally I play on a PVE server these days, however I used to play on a PVP server.

I think this change is a bad one, it is going to completely remove the uncertainy that you get on a PVP server, 'Is that person going to attack me, should I attack him/her first or should I just leave him/her be and go about my business'. Now with a toggle option, anyone that has PVP toggled on will just attack at will the uncertainty will be gone as anyone that doesn't want to PVP and just quest will have it toggled off for sure.

Sure it fits the theme of the expansion as it's all out war, but I feel it will remove that 'thing' that makes random encounters on pvp servers so special.
    I doubt that there are only players hungry for blood that turn on PvP. Those uncertain things are still there especially in certain areas where groups and lone players operate. People will still have to decide if you want to attack that lonely player, not knowing if he has friends near by. But there will be more intended PvP actions around the world, you are probably right. But i don't call that a negative change, since the old static fixed realm system in this stage it is in just doesn't fit anymore. I actually think that this change is for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    There, fixt it for you......
    PVE servers make no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    PVE servers make no sense.
    not sure if serious or troll O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Papahirn View Post
    Toggle yourself for PvP and every person you meet will be toggled because you'll be on the same shard. You'll probably end up having more wPvP opportunities than ever.
    But how is that going to help?
    Those people want to PvP and are ready to defend themselves. If I wanted that, I would have joined a BG.

I want to grieve unsuspecting low level undergeared beginners!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    not sure if serious or troll O.o
    Serious. If you have a game thats centered around conflict yet you cant fight.... whats the point?

Servers will just be servers now. If you want to PvP you will have to toggle it on in a capital city. When you leave the city you will only see other people with the toggle one.

Deleted
    I personally think this server change is going to finish off WoW in its current form for a lot of PVP players who will end their subs in disgust. But we will see.

15+ Year Old Account
    PVP servers have been pointless since about Cata or so. It's just sporadic ganking, people don't fight in levelup zones. World pvp is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading that they are giving some form of incentives to stay PvP flagged. What that means is anyone's guess. XP, rep or even loot, perhaps?

If that is true, then the merging of PvP and PvE makes sense.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-11-10 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    I personally think this server change is going to finish off WoW in its current form for a lot of PVP players who will end their subs in disgust. But we will see.
    Maybe... but that doesn't matter. I and others will take their space. It's not like there are a lot of people playing right now compared to "back then", and the few that quit will probably not be of any matter. As a PvP player i am excited, but if that would really end like that and the vast majority would opt out of PvP, i am sorry to say that but then it is an unwanted feature.

On the flipside: you would be part of W-PvP dying, because you could have stayed to do W-PvP. Fearing a feature is getting killed doesn't make sense if you plan on killing it yourself.

Deleted
    Oh no the Horror... we might lose the last remaining 50 PVP Players

Deleted
    Probably. However they were gankers, not PvPers, so not a big loss.

It might also return some players who were on PvP realms before sharding when realms were de-facto PvE realms, then in Legion because of sharding suddenly changed to PvP realms and didn't want to pay fortune to transfer lots of characters.

I think its worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Serious. If you have a game thats centered around conflict yet you cant fight.... whats the point?
    You do know that WoW is a PVE-CENTERED game, always have been always will be right? And if you look close, the horde-alliance conflict has always been a side conflict in a world where the whole world is threatened by bigger threats than both opposing factions. If it would be more for PvP, there would be no need for raids, dungeons, bosses and all that jazz. World of Warcraft is a PvE game, and PvE is where most of the effort is put in..... since vanilla WoW.
    And just for the record: most people play that game do so for the raids, dungeons, quests, and the world plus its lore. Not because of PvP. And before you say "buhuhu PvE scrub" i am a PvP player, i just understand which group playing this game is bigger.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I hope they expand on this idea, like allowing full use of pvp talents if you are /pvp enabled. I would never turn it off if that was the case. Also the extra assassination missions and exp make me feel I'd enjoy leveling as /pvp as well, played in pvp servers for years so not bothered by the occasional gank at all and anything that makes leveling feel fresh will be a nice addition.

I expect the pvp shard to be completely empty soon after release though. Most of the players who remain in the game who liked wpvp just wanted to gank and not actually wpvp. There will be very few people legitimately looking for a thrill. Hope I am wrong.