By the way, some time ago there was a brief discussion of what generates more interest - the announcement of BFA or the announcement of classic servers. While I think that the winner is the announcement of BFA, here are some interesting numbers that I can't ignore:

Here are stats for the forum areas for BFA and classic on this forum:

BFA: Threads: 469 / Posts: 72,125
    Classic: Threads: 363 / Posts: 20,645

BFA seems to be winning handily.

But if we look closer, we will see that 55,600+ of the posts in BFA are from this thread we are sitting in now and the majority of these posts happened before Blizzcon (Blizzcon started at like page 2200).

So, by post counts, it looks like a tie. And who knows what will happen in the future.

Apparently the shitposter brigade in this thread wasn't productive enough. Who'd have thought. :-)

What’s the likelihood that there are other spoilers still hidden from dataminers that will appear once Antorus comes out and is beaten?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    *the radio sound crackles* It's some kind of dead goat Sir. It's been lying on the floor for more than-... wait... it's standing up! OMG IT'S ALIVE! AAAAAAAH!
    *stab in the throat*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    What’s the likelihood that there are other spoilers still hidden from dataminers that will appear once Antorus comes out and is beaten?
    It's possible, if Sargeras truly stabs Azeroth, that's going to be awesome but "Oh fuck."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    By the way, some time ago there was a brief discussion of what generates more interest - the announcement of BFA or the announcement of classic servers. While I think that the winner is the announcement of BFA, here are some interesting numbers that I can't ignore:

Here are stats for the forum areas for BFA and classic on this forum:

BFA: Threads: 469 / Posts: 72,125
    Classic: Threads: 363 / Posts: 20,645

BFA seems to be winning handily.

But if we look closer, we will see that 55,600+ of the posts in BFA are from this thread we are sitting in now and the majority of these posts happened before Blizzcon (Blizzcon started at like page 2200).

So, by post counts, it looks like a tie. And who knows what will happen in the future.

Apparently the shitposter brigade in this thread wasn't productive enough. Who'd have thought. :-)

Well a lot of people fooled themselves that what they want are vanilla servers. BfA on the other hand just raises questions and concerns. Not much ammunition to use. Perhaps Beta will change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    OGRES!

Why is no one talking about ogres?!?

The events of Antorus and the wound in Silithus presage an all-out struggle between the Horde and Alliance over the seeping blood of Azeroth - which has begun to calcify into Azerite crystals. Our battleground in this conflict is the Seething Shore.

Notice something? Ogre ruins... ogre towers... it would appear we'll be duking it out smack in the middle of an ogre settlement! Who are these ogres? What has caused them to settle on the sunny shores of Silithus? Where the heck is this, anyway?

While the battle will likely end in a stalemate, lorewise, regardless of whoever ends up winning the wound, the ogres will likely have more continuous exposure to this new Well of Eternity than anyone. And the last time we saw ogres exposed to a massive cache of crystals bearing incredible arcane potential, they formed a slave-mongering empire of mage lords.

So, the point I'm making - is this deliberate? Are they sowing the seeds of some major development further down the line? Are we about to see this~

~become this?

Well hopefully they will be a Main Race down the line with the Stonemaul and Dunemaul Clans are already in the Horde.
    And yeah...
    I have been thinking about that too...Would the Azeroth Ogres be smarter with the crystals etc...

Really hoping to see Ogrezonia down the line so we can finally see female Ogres, and more of the South Seas.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well a lot of people fooled themselves that what they want are vanilla servers. BfA on the other hand just raises questions and concerns. Not much ammunition to use. Perhaps Beta will change it.
    Well, I don't disagree that the desire for vanilla is a complex thing, I wrote on that previously.

My point is different. The hype levels for BFA and vanilla, after all, do seem comparable. And I won't beat around the bush and will say it directly - I think this is because the announcement for BFA was very underwhelming. I heard more than one person going "BFA? I am not interested in that, but I am interested in classic and am going to wait for it" and not only on this forum.

To me there’s not a ton to talk about with BfA. Wqs staying = good. M+ staying = good. Islands = promising. Warfronts = doubt they can pull it off but would be awesome. Azerite = good. No legendaries = good. Killing azshara = good. Compromise on Titanforging = good. Troll raids = good. Allied races = awesome.

So I really only have 2 questions left in regards to xpac so I’m content. I liked Legion and these feels like Legion+. Great enough for me.

OGRES!

The events of Antorus and the wound in Silithus presage an all-out struggle between the Horde and Alliance over the seeping blood of Azeroth - which has begun to calcify into Azerite crystals. Our battleground in this conflict is the Seething Shore.

Notice something? Ogre ruins... ogre towers... it would appear we'll be duking it out smack in the middle of an ogre settlement! Who are these ogres? What has caused them to settle on the sunny shores of Silithus? Where the heck is this, anyway?

While the battle will likely end in a stalemate, lorewise, regardless of whoever ends up winning the wound, the ogres will likely have more continuous exposure to this new Well of Eternity than anyone. And the last time we saw ogres exposed to a massive cache of crystals bearing incredible arcane potential, they formed a slave-mongering empire of mage lords.

So, the point I'm making - is this deliberate? Are they sowing the seeds of some major development further down the line? Are we about to see this~

~become this?

Tanaris had dunemaul ogres.

Deleted
    Well, I don't disagree that the desire for vanilla is a complex thing, I wrote on that previously.

My point is different. The hype levels are indeed comparable - and I won't beat around the bush and will say it directly - I think this is because the announcement for BFA was very underwhelming.
    Yep, we are in agreement. Sure a lot of people want Vanilla with less bugs and dual spec (buahahahahahaha) but WoW Classic had a real bang. Mostly because nobody really believed they would do it. And nothing pointed to this ever becomming a thing.

BfA was: Yes we have some cool ideas. We have no idea what we will do, but something like this. In the future. Soonish maybe.

10+ Year Old Account

My point is different. The hype levels for BFA and vanilla, after all, do seem comparable. And I won't beat around the bush and will say it directly - I think this is because the announcement for BFA was very underwhelming. I heard more than one person going "BFA? I am not interested in that, but I am interested in classic and am going to wait for it" and not only on this forum.
    I was expecting a lot more things announced, but there is the possibility that they learned from the past and didn't announced things that they aren't entirelly sure or don't think they can deliver in time or that can mean more delays int the expansion release date (not really sure if islands are functional in some degree right now, but was expecting it to be shown more on the panel if so).
    I could see they implementing more things as the expansion progress (remembering that we will be in Blizzcon time almost in the time of patch 8.1 being released/announced if they follow their pattern from Legion).

Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    I was expecting a lot more things announced, but there is the possibility that they learned from the past and didn't announced things that they aren't entirelly sure or don't think they can deliver in time or that can mean more delays int the expansion release date (not really sure if islands are functional in some degree right now, but was expecting it to be shown more on the panel if so).
    I could see they implementing more things as the expansion progress (remembering that we will be in Blizzcon time almost in the time of patch 8.1 being released/announced if they follow their pattern from Legion).
    Well, let's hope for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, we are in agreement. Sure a lot of people want Vanilla with less bugs and dual spec (buahahahahahaha) but WoW Classic had a real bang. Mostly because nobody really believed they would do it. And nothing pointed to this ever becomming a thing.

BfA was: Yes we have some cool ideas. We have no idea what we will do, but something like this. In the future. Soonish maybe.
    For what they were saying we never really expected this move from them, they were denying time after time, and suddenly, "let's do it".
    I think that they may have more features in store for BfA, but choose not to show them, because it may be ideas that could delay the release or create expectations for something that we may play because will be cut.

To be honest, the latter part is our fault. All the whining about cut content has made them wary to only release what they have mostly finished and set, deflecting all else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's hope for that.
    The AI system is one of these things, i don't think that they have it running without bugs right now, because otherwise they could put it in the floor to be tested or show more than the little frames showed.

So, you know how you and your spouse had less and less sex as the years pass by, to the point of maybe once every two months?

Alleria and Turalyon have been together for a thousand years. One wonders what the situation is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    OGRES!

~become this?

Could Azerite be the new apexis crystal for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    To be honest, the latter part is our fault. All the whining about cut content has made them wary to only release what they have mostly finished and set, deflecting all else.
    That's the way i think, because if they announced something that was a cool/awesome idea and later they face difficulties in implementing it and needed to be cut, the negative response from the community would be great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    To be honest, the latter part is our fault.
    Is it? I know I'm on a forum with mostly Blizzard fans but pardon me if I'm not being sorry for taking offense when half the expansion gets cut. Sometimes they act like all this development stuff is new to them. They started to have a decent content schedule with Legion. Their sixth expansion. It was also the first with a launch that didn't lag like hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    So, you know how you and your spouse had less and less sex as the years pass by, to the point of maybe once every two months?

Alleria and Turalyon have been together for a thousand years. One wonders what the situation is.
    I'll indulge here but I'd like to think most Azerothians can be as lustful as anyone else. That said, things are so chaotic that sex is the LAST thing on their minds. Ok done before my mind gets dirty.

Is it? I know I'm on a forum with mostly Blizzard fans but pardon me if I'm not being sorry for taking offense when half the expansion gets cut. Sometimes they act like all this development stuff is new to them. They started to have a decent content schedule with Legion. Their sixth expansion. It was also the first with a launch that didn't lag like hell.

Well they stopped trying to do yearly expansions so there's that. Yes, people did rip them out absurdly for *Cut content* WoD obviously as a biggie but I remember during Legion people bitched about Thal'dranath.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi