Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I know Wrathion's model is his own, but he must have modeled it from something. I would like to see more humans like him.

Stop putting in Humans, end up playing some animal humanoids and be called a furry...

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    humans should lift more, and become strong like orcs.
    humans use their minds, with bit of strength compare to the orcs.
    orcs use their brute strength, with bit thinking compare to the humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I know Wrathion's model is his own, but he must have modeled it from something. I would like to see more humans like him.
    play as an elf twink or an undead emu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    play as an elf twink or an undead emu
    I would roll an undead emu in a heartbeat. Can't beat zombified flightless birds.

But on topic, it would be good if the human nations had a little more identity. They could look to quite a few tabletop RPGs for good examples of how to make human nation s not the same and not copy-paste a real world culture either.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    You monster.

On topic, just add a sizeable group of evil humans.
    There are plenty of evil humans, the Scarlet Crusade, the necromancers of Cult of Undeath, Syndicate, etc.

My issue is that there's nothing to really distinguish them from each other and a lot of characters feel forced. I can understand someone like Khadgar being majorly powerful characters advising/commanding near immortal nelves or draenei because at the very least he's the closest thing in existence to a Guardian of Azeroth, but honestly the whole High King concept has always been dumb.

I don't usually play humans in other media when I have another option.
    But the times when I do it's almost always because there's an anime aesthetic.

Warcraft's humans are most unique when they have the blocky heads and flappy jaws (such as in the Mists cinematic).
    WoW never inherited this style in-game for players. As a result, the humans have just become so very 'basic'.

Why would I play a human that looks exactly the same as every other human in every other fantasy? It's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Maybe he modeled his appearance after the humans from Tanaris?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    There are plenty of evil humans, the Scarlet Crusade, the necromancers of Cult of Undeath, Syndicate, etc.

My issue is that there's nothing to really distinguish them from each other and a lot of characters feel forced. I can understand someone like Khadgar being majorly powerful characters advising/commanding near immortal nelves or draenei because at the very least he's the closest thing in existence to a Guardian of Azeroth, but honestly the whole High King concept has always been dumb.
    I'm not sure these are good examples to what I'm talking about. They are all low level threats with little significance to the grand scheme of things. Sure, the Cult of the Damned was quite scary back in the days of Warcraft III but that was about 15 years ago.

Plus they are not among playable humans, I meant adding some evil humans to Stormwind. Have the nobles stir up some shit, make Garithos fan club members rally at the Cathedral Square, anything goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Still better than "hurr durr people fap to selvenos hurr hurr". And that seems to be your only argument.
    No it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you even seen the elves?

I don't think many posters have quested in WoW if you think they're generic.

Edit: I see what OP means now. Alliance is constantly led by a human,and there's no change. I agree that a change in power would help flesh out the Alliance more. However, another argument is that the Alliance is united under one banner, and Horde is a loose group of factions led by a Warchief.

I still think humans are varied. But WoW tends to focus on its other races, and human cultures aren't very widespread if you look at the other races across Azeroth.. It's why different races borrow from other cultures, it defines them. We've mostly seen the pov of Stormwind but I think there are other factions of humans to consider.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-10 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    I would roll an undead emu in a heartbeat. Can't beat zombified flightless birds.
    XD. the human is very diffrent than the other races
    they have the culture of the western old mediaval culture
    if something new I really want to see a jinny race like from uldum but fully customisable and more of the arabic culture

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    They need to stop making humans good but not the best at so many things.

They're good mages but elves are better.
    They're spiritual but trolls, tauren, night elves and draenei are moreso.
    They're good at wielding the light but elves and draenei are better.
    They're warlike but orcs are moreso.
    They're ingenious but gnomes, dwarves and goblins are moreso.
    They're the middle of the road as far as size and longevity are concerned.

They need to be the best at something and bad at other things. Seafaring, colonisation, exploration and adaptability would all be fine abilities to make humans the best at to set them apart.
    You just mentioned what humans are good at. They're a jack-of-all trades, dabbling in everything and relating to every other race in some fashion, learning from them and adapting to those strengths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The more I think about it I think I would give Stormwind a more French aesthetic with a sort of Renaissance humanism character within the city.
    It's a mix of classic high middle age cultures from France, Germany and England alike; knight stuff with a steampunk aspect. Stormwind Keep has elements borrowed from the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany. In any case, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything Persian, unlike our friend Wrathion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The core issue is that writers need to get over ripping off tolkien. I really think that before writing any sort of fantasy, you should be forced to read eragon, just to become allergic to tropes and cliches.
    What was so bad about Eragon?

And don´t say it was to human centric or to much emphasis was put on Eragon.

- - - Updated - - -

You monster.

On topic, just add a sizeable group of evil humans.
    Hm you mean humans like in the humans in the defias brotherhood, or like the humans in the twilight hammer or the humans in the various other groups which are "evil"?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

It was a book written by an 18 year old and people were acting as if it was the pinnacle of writing. Granted it is not bad, and I applaud him for having the elf laugh hysterically at him when he confesses his love for her, but it was very tired worn out stories besides that, everything in it was done better in other stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I just wanna say I love the fact that two of the first posts in this thread competently mention Germanic, Arabic, and Byzantine cultures. As a high school medieval history teacher, this gives me hope for the future.

Also, I think some humans are awesome in a Rock Lee, brute-grit-over-natural-talent way. Varian freaking Wrynn, ladies and gentlemen. The best warrior ever? No. Cool? Oh yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post

Its like theme park fully about worst writing cliche's. With author self insert being one of the worse ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Or when some fanboys who aggro on anyone who call Sylvanas mass murdered and war criminal because she mass murdered and war criminal like mad dogs only because they like the view:
    I don't understand your dislike of her. Her incompetent leadership has directly lead to her city being invaded by the Alliance twice now. Is a great fist bump moment imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it was so bad (which is debatable) why was it such a great sucess then?

And please self-insertions are a really common trope in books and you cannot say all of that books are bad.

The only thing i remember which was way to oblivious was that Murthag was Eragons brother i somehow know this reading book 1.

I'm not sure these are good examples to what I'm talking about. They are all low level threats with little significance to the grand scheme of things. Sure, the Cult of the Damned was quite scary back in the days of Warcraft III but that was about 15 years ago.

Plus they are not among playable humans, I meant adding some evil humans to Stormwind. Have the nobles stir up some shit, make Garithos fan club members rally at the Cathedral Square, anything goes.
    I would definitely like to see some nobles rebel or begin fighting each other in Stormwind and the impact it has on the kingdom, but I don't think these characters should be necessarily evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's a mix of classic high middle age cultures from France, Germany and England alike; knight stuff with a steampunk aspect. Stormwind Keep has elements borrowed from the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany. In any case, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything Persian, unlike our friend Wrathion.

Fair enough, but I still think Stormwind should/could take more after certain French aspects/aesthetics with Lordaeronians taking on more German/Austrian elements.