Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    my complains not so much the personal problems more of the timing.
    the way legion set it up is that rather than really helping with the whole legion issue he's kind of derailing the alliance and horde efforts to focus on a vendetta.
    But, so is Sylvanas. Using resources for her goals too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not quite correct, people always forget Rogers for some reason. They should do more with her.
    Ah yeah, the bloodthirsty whore who gunned down all those drowning Horde grunts.
    Credit where credit is due.

Dumb dog shoehorned into the story with some edgy sob story.

The Night Elves then somehow sail across the entire world in the middle of the Cataclysm to help them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    He's a jerk that abandoned his allies in their time of need to hide behind a wall and spends a ton of time warmongering for a fight no-one with an ounce of sense actually wants.

I mean seriously I just want some Forsaken to slap him and tell him to GTFO. The Forsaken are the rightful inhabitants of Lorderon, they were born there, they died there, and they rose there. The humans that hid behind a wall have zero right to it.
    I don't understand, why the hell are you implying that Genn, or the people of Gilneas ever claimed that they have a right over Lordaeron?
    All they want is to take their kingdom back, and that's not Lordaeron, that's Gilneas.

It's not only Genn that wants revenge against Sylvanas, every single Gilnean wants to kill her and the Forsaken. They killed their prince, their loved ones, they destroyed their home. Of course the order to invade Gilneas was from Garrosh, but that doesn't make the Forsaken completely innocent in their eyes, Gilneans have every right to seek vengeance.

He lost his son, his nation fell, and his people nearly lost their humanity to the worgen curse. I hold him responsible for many of the tragedies he suffered, he, well, kinda deserved it in a way. But he paid the price. How can you deny that he didn't?

And yet from these tragedies, he survived and he found new strength and courage, and now he is determined to fight against any enemy that threatens the safety of the Alliance. I admire him for that. Varian saw this as well. At first he had a very low opinion of Greymane, but he saw how much Genn had changed through his suffers. In the end, Genn became one of Varian's most closest and important allies.

Was Genn a jerk in the past towards his allies? Was it a bad time to attack Sylvanas during Legion's invasion? Hell yes to both, I agree. As I said, he is not a perfect character, and honestly I don't want him to be, otherwise I will lost my interest on him. But if you want to judge him, judge the new Genn as well, not only the old and don't look only for his flaws. Because right now he does care for his allies, especially Anduin, who is probably like a son to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    True, Garrosh never cowered behind a wall.
    No he didn't, but that's not what I meant and you know it.
    Last edited by Graden; 2017-11-11 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Horde player, I think he is just a great 'villain' to hate. In a good sense.

The guy is massive pain in the ass. He is determined and proactive without much regard for his own safety, an opponent that has nothing to lose is the most dangerous one. He doesn't bark, he simply bites and I like him for that. On top of that, he is one of the most consistent characters when it comes to a personality. I mean, he was always a reckless and selfish bastard. I don't know what people expect, yes his personal mission to stop Sylvanas in middle of a major conflict with Legion is silly, but war is rarely logical. Just look at our history and how many silly decisions were made to lose battles and even wars.

I really hope that in BoA he will be manipulating Anduin a bit for his petty reasons, yet I don't want him to become corrupted or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    He had an opinion and these virtue signaling SJW teenagers who haven’t read anything longer than a tweet to understand how story arcs and character development work are now busting their tampons. It was the same with Jaina. Only flower power friendship ponies are allowed to exist in this trigger warning society. Glad Blizzard isn’t listenining to them.
    Full quote, couldn't agree more.

And another quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel
    Actual reason: He's the only one sensible enough to do something about that Banshee bitch and that triggers her fanboys.
    Last edited by AnonEntity; 2017-11-11 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiro View Post
    I mean, the horde retreated before the gunship was even here so i dont know what you're going on about..
    Plus, Sylvanas is much closer to being Garrosh 2.0.

Genn litteraly wanted to kill sylvanas cause she killed his son and destroyed gilneas.
    On the other hand Sylv's raising dead people for her own benefit, burning holy places (teldrassil), and so so much more.

But i guess in the end, horde fanboys will be horde fanboys : completely delusional.
    Maybe next time you should just say "he wants to fuck my waifu up, pls kill him"
    The gunship was called in before the horn was sounded and appeared a moment later the undead archers retreated, plus the gunship approached on a vector that it's crew, unless everybody aboard was blindfolded, could clearly see what is happening with the horde.

Resorting to fanboy calling is pathetic.

Genn's character is inherently selfish, it is what defines him. A selfish man that damned his people, and the glimmer of redemption from that self-realisation was shattered by the tragedy of his son's death. Genn's actions are ultimately self-serving. Though, while his path is not righteous, he is also pitiable. He is a man who, in his hubris, fell, and on the eve of his beginning step onto a humble path he fell again, to tragedy. He is cursed not only in form but also to eternal bitterness and resent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Because he cucked sylvanas and the fanboys are raving that their lich bitch queen won't have infinite lives.
    Sadly so true here as we can see in the posts here it´s all because: He´s mean to "insert fapping sounds here" Sylvanas (and the forsaken but they don´t are that important)".

As if having a grudge against someone seems to be the baddest thing someone can have (at least if he´s alliance).

7+ Year Old Account
    Takes the war against the Horde to an all time front during Legion. During a Legion Invasion. Plus he stopped the Forsaken's future and Sylvanas'. He's also encouraging Anduin to war with the Horde and is clearly taking pleasure from the war against the Horde as you see his big grin on his face after telling Sylvanas that they have her cornered.

There's bound to be a lot of hatred from both sides in this. I mean I know people from the Alliance asking for Sylvanas' head. So of course the Horde will retort back wanting Genn's. Sure he lost his kid, his home, and almost everything but he still has a daughter a new home and is far more fortunate than some of the Horde.

Maybe when he loses a planet or dies and returns to life and is reviled by his own family we'll have a talk with some beer. But otherwise, yeah I hate Genn. For the Horde and for the glory of the Banshee Queen.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Genn is basically Sylvanas of alliance but sadly he aint a hot chick that virgin fanbase can drool on so he get the hate instead of support !

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Takes the war against the Horde to an all time front during Legion. During a Legion Invasion. Plus he stopped the Forsaken's future and Sylvanas'. He's also encouraging Anduin to war with the Horde and is clearly taking pleasure from the war against the Horde as you see his big grin on his face after telling Sylvanas that they have her cornered.

There's bound to be a lot of hatred from both sides in this. I mean I know people from the Alliance asking for Sylvanas' head. So of course the Horde will retort back wanting Genn's. Sure he lost his kid, his home, and almost everything but he still has a daughter a new home and is far more fortunate than some of the Horde.

Maybe when he loses a planet or dies and returns to life and is reviled by his own family we'll have a talk with some beer. But otherwise, yeah I hate Genn. For the Horde and for the glory of the Banshee Queen.
    Ah nice to see it again the great thing all Sylavanas fanbois fall back to if they don´t have arguments anymore "But she had it so bad how can you accuse her of anything look how bad she had/has it you can come back if you went trough all the things she had to go trough."

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate him because of his bullshit against the Horde and Sylvanas. Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of Sylvanas and wouldnt mind her death.

I think he just sacrifices his peoples lives for no gain. He kills Sylvanas, then what? He wont get his son or kingdom back. Instead he will have lost even MORE of his people because of his stupid need for revenge.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Ah nice to see it again the great thing all Sylavanas fanbois fall back to if they don´t have arguments anymore "But she had it so bad how can you accuse her of anything look how bad she had/has it you can come back if you went trough all the things she had to go trough."
    You sure use the term, "Sylvanas Fanbois" a lot. I like all members and leaders of the Horde at least be accurate and call me a "Horde Fan" or a "RexxarFanboi" i'm almost insulted. Notice how I never said Sylvanas has it worse than Genn." I said yeah, if he comes back and expirences what the -HORDE- has been through. Yeah Sylvanas has had a challenging time but so has Genn. Doesn't excuse him for his stupidity or want from war.

Guess what, we're allowed to dislike Genn. Just as you're allowed to dislike Sylvanas or whoever. The whole, "Sylvanas fanbois this" is really annoying. She's a flawed character, she's not perfect. But we can still like her. Hell I applaud Blizzard for finally giving her character development with Battle for Azeroth its a lot better than what I was expecting.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but I fucking love Genn Greymane. He has flaws, yes, but that's not a bad thing, it makes him interesting.

Also, he is nothing like Garrosh.
    Very much this, always liked him as a character.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Ah yeah, the bloodthirsty whore who gunned down all those drowning Horde grunts.
    Credit where credit is due.
    Well, Horde took out her home, guess an eye for an eye.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, Horde took out her home, guess an eye for an eye.
    I'm sure those drowning grunts who probably had nothing to do with it got what they deserved!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post

so from a face in the cinematic you made the conclusion that he manipulates anduin? no one can manipulate anduin. if he didn't want to attak lordaeron he wouldn't. but since he does genn OBVIOUSLY will be happy since he hates sylvanas for a very good reason. and he doesn't have a new home anymore since teldrassil is going to be ash and dust. thankfully he takes his kingdom back in bfa. his want for war if fucking justified. and he doesn't hate the whole horde he hates sylvanas and the forsaken.
    the horde has been through some rough shit i agree. so does genn. from the playable alliance races only gilneas and draenei are the ones who have suffered greatly and literally became homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    I hate him because of his bullshit against the Horde and Sylvanas. Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of Sylvanas and wouldnt mind her death.

I think he just sacrifices his peoples lives for no gain. He kills Sylvanas, then what? He wont get his son or kingdom back. Instead he will have lost even MORE of his people because of his stupid need for revenge.
    i bet if you were in his shoes and someone killed your son and your family you wouldn't want revenge
    oh why should i bother and risk to lose my life or hurt my remaining loved ones for some pity revenge right?
    and by the way he gets his kingdom back in bfa if you watched blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure those drowning grunts who probably had nothing to do with it got what they deserved!
    They were Horde, and Horde didn't seem to bind bathing Southshore in death.

Deleted
    I can't see I've seen that much hate for him myself, and when I have it's mostly done by someone in jest as a member of the opposite faction.
    The Alliance really needed someone like him to get shit done when Anduin is sitting around talking about peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiro View Post
    But i guess in the end, horde fanboys will be horde fanboys : completely delusional.
    Maybe next time you should just say "he wants to fuck my waifu up, pls kill him"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Because he cucked sylvanas and the fanboys are raving that their lich bitch queen won't have infinite lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Because he wants to take revenge on Sylvanas/her Forsaken and get justice for his people, kingdom and son. This goes against the fanboy attitude so many express towards Sylvanas, which is why they can't take Genn and often find the most useless and incompetent of reasons to talk smack about his character. Liking one character in Warcraft seems to demand that they hate any and all opposition that character faces, even if it is rational and justified.

Don't try to get into a reasonable discussion with anyone that is a fan of an oversexualized elven character. It is pointless.
    Actual reason: He's the only one sensible enough to do something about that Banshee bitch and that triggers her fanboys.
    Sadly so true here as we can see in the posts here it´s all because: He´s mean to "insert fapping sounds here" Sylvanas (and the forsaken but they don´t are that important)".

As if having a grudge against someone seems to be the baddest thing someone can have (at least if he´s alliance).
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Genn is basically Sylvanas of alliance but sadly he aint a hot chick that virgin fanbase can drool on so he get the hate instead of support !
    Holy shit. Is this the actual maturity level of the Alliance players on this forum? I mean, how does anyone actually spout this pathetic shit and think they've come out ahead?

I know these people doesn't speak for the entire alliance player base, but they sure do a good job at making you look bad to someone just browsing through here.

Also, the irony of you people talking about "fanboys". Sheesh.