10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth

“Currently, Stormguarde is the Warfront that we are working on. Finalizing for this particular expansion pack. We don’t have much else to say beyond that other than we are working very hard at making it an awesome experience. Can’t wait to get it in people’s hands to see how they feel about it.” - Muffinus

- - - Updated - - -

Not being negative btw, just think that the worst thing is to have expectations ruined so good to have as much info as possible to know what to expect.
    Warfront better have a lot involved if it's only going to be one tbh. At least I hope.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth

“Currently, Stormguarde is the Warfront that we are working on. Finalizing for this particular expansion pack. We don’t have much else to say beyond that other than we are working very hard at making it an awesome experience. Can’t wait to get it in people’s hands to see how they feel about it.” - Muffinus.
    THATS ODD. Its almost WARFRONTS is plural and not singular yet they included it in ALL the advertisements and on the website.

Whats next? They going to remove the Horde Garrison entirely LMAO.

Edit:

Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-11-14 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    THATS ODD. Its almost WARFRONTS is plural and not singular yet they included it in ALL the advertisements and on the website.

Whats next? They going to remove the Horde Garrison entirely LMAO.
    If you look at the interview, you'll also realise that it is mostly a total non-answer. He's basically avoiding answering the question of how many there might be.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you look at the interview, you'll also realise that it is mostly a total non-answer. He's basically avoiding answering the question of how many there might be.
    I did read it and it isn't a nonanswer. They moved the goal post from "Oh yeah WARFRONTS ARE GONNA BE SICK HAHAHA" to "Oh this one is shipping with the expansion we might add others later but idk lmao"

A nonanswer would be completely avoiding saying its the only one. He outright confirmed it is the only one planned to ship with the expansion.

It certainly does not help the perception that Warfronts are probably the most likely piece of content to have reduced features since that’s the major piece of content they were vague about. Which I don’t actually mind too much since I honestly don’t think they’d be able to pull it off as they intended anyways and be fun. (Though I do like them trying)

Island expeditions on the other hand they seem very confident about its direction and progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

I did read it and it isn't a nonanswer. They moved the goal post from "Oh yeah WARFRONTS ARE GONNA BE SICK HAHAHA" to "Oh this one is shipping with the expansion we might add others later but idk lmao"

A nonanswer would be completely avoiding saying its the only one. He outright confirmed it is the only one planned to ship with the expansion.
    Ya, I’m the optimistic one and it was pretty clear we are just getting one at launch. Positive spin on it would be: they are speeding up because they have a deadline to hit.

It certainly does not help the perception that Warfronts are probably the most likely piece of content to have reduced features
    What pisses me off is this is the big 'Ray D. Tear' Ender of BFA. This is the mudbutt that they threw at us. Imagine if they just didn't do that feature at all and expanded the base building element onto the islands a bit. They would have salvaged one part of a feature, made another feature better AND we would be seeing the expansion, estimating by the shitshow with this stinker so far, atleast 2 months earlier.

Seems obvious they will probably have one to start and roll out others every or every other patch.

And its not like they are removing raids or dungeons.
    Reminds me of ppl saying blizzard was going down the whole despite them adding two whole franchises recently.

Most pve content ever
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I don't get it. Were we expecting them to announce additional warfronts? That'd spoil patches of BfA before the expansion's even in beta..

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    I don't get it. Were we expecting them to announce additional warfronts? That'd spoil patches of BfA before the expansion's even in beta..
    Check the image above. Go listen to Blizzcon. They used Plurals to describe everything. That implies multiples. These are AMERICANS too, so it isn't like EVE where they can claim they aren't native English Speakers and it was a mistake. You don't accidentally use plurals in all of the marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the image above. Go listen to Blizzcon. They used Plurals to describe everything. That implies multiples. These are AMERICANS too, so it isn't like EVE where they can claim they aren't native English Speakers and it was a mistake. You don't accidentally use plurals in all of the marketing.
    In fairness I'd still call bullshit even if they weren't Americans.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They have only show the alliance one yet. I dont understand what you dont get.

That face when you get a PTR update!

But then it turns out it's just another 7.3.2 hotfix patch. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    In youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An8IuS_vFwI at 29:44 you can see that allied races come with launch and not 7.3.5.
    that's one way to read it. the other is that even if they come before, they will still be six allied races at launch.

there's also this

at 110. if you have to level to max level to unlock the heritage armor, why wouldn't that say 120? because max level will be 110 for the first four maybe? it's a stretch, but i am trying to be hopeful for something.

Not sure what needs to really be defended here in terms of points. They pulled a Tanaan Jungle here. First it was coming at launch. Then they backtracked and said it was being developed but still didn't dismiss it being at launch. Then they dismissed it at launch. Then it replaced Farahlon completely and became its own patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In fairness I'd still call bullshit even if they weren't Americans.
    Well if even you are calling bullshit then I feel a bit better.

Yes. I am aware of the concept of a plural. But I posit this.. why would they announce any additional? It's like saying there'll be new raids and only giving the details of the first tier. You don't just assume that's all there is to it, do you? You assume there'll be more. That's the logical deduction. To assume there'll only be one warfront because they've only given details on one and are being vague about more is like saying 'Well, they only told us about Emerald Nightmare/The Nighthold and were really cagey about future raids, guess they're only making those!'.

Just because they're playing details close to their chest doesn't mean that there's no additional Warfronts already in the development pipeline. Doesn't mean there are either, of course, but expecting ANY kind of info on them at this point in development seems pretty retarded to me. Even if only from a story perspective. Let alone promising things that you might not end up delivering (e.g. if Stromgarde turns out awful and is rejected wholeheartedly by the playerbase).

I dunno, this doom and gloom because they're playing details close to their chest just seems like pessimism for the sake of pessimism. After Farahlon and Thal'dranath, I'd keep details to myself at this phase of development too.

Of course, they might be pulling the same old shit here. But they might not. Who the fuck knows. But if you expect them to go into any details about how a feature may be developed further down the line in the expansion, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    My money is on a May release. This is just too finished. The cinematic is done, the systems are shippable, the zones are mostly do shed from what we can tell. It looks like they've paced themselves extremely well.
    100% absolutely no way the next expansion is coming out in May.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if even you are calling bullshit then I feel a bit better.
    I more meant if a non American dev team advertised warfronts as a feature and then said "Well it was a bad translation we meant warfront."

I mean lol really? Warfronts seem to imply more then one, it should be more then one(At least in my opinion, especially if the Horde controls all of Kalimdor). They may add another Warfront later on but depending on your perspective that may be cheating. They might be just playing it conservative and safe so we'll be surprised later.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    at 110. if you have to level to max level to unlock the heritage armor, why wouldn't that say 120? because max level will be 110 for the first four maybe? it's a stretch, but i am trying to be hopeful for something.
    that is so you level one to 110 (where the new endgame in bfa starts) and not just create and boost them (as 110 will be the new boost in bfa).

Yes. I am aware of the concept of a plural. But I posit this.. why would they announce any additional? It's like saying there'll be new raids and only giving the details of the first tier. You don't just assume that's all there is to it, do you? You assume there'll be more. That's the logical deduction. To assume there'll only be one warfront because they've only given details on one and are being vague about more is like saying 'Well, they only told us about Emerald Nightmare/The Nighthold and were really cagey about future raids, guess they're only making those!'.

Just because they're playing details close to their chest doesn't mean that there's no additional Warfronts already in the development pipeline. Doesn't mean there are either, of course, but expecting ANY kind of info on them at this point in development seems pretty retarded to me. Even if only from a story perspective. Let alone promising things that you might not end up delivering (e.g. if Stromgarde turns out awful and is rejected wholeheartedly by the playerbase).

I dunno, this doom and gloom because they're playing details close to their chest just seems like pessimism for the sake of pessimism. After Farahlon and Thal'dranath, I'd keep details to myself at this phase of development too.

Of course, they might be pulling the same old shit here. But they might not. Who the fuck knows. But if you expect them to go into any details about how a feature may be developed further down the line in the expansion, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
    .... scroll the fuck up fam. They CONFIRMED. We aren't getting another warfront at launch. Why do you think I am doom and gloom? They aren't playing the hand close to the chest because they aren't ready to show things. They are playing it close to the chest because they have LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.

.... scroll the fuck up fam. They CONFIRMED. We aren't getting another warfront at launch. Why do you think I am doom and gloom? They aren't playing the hand close to the chest because they aren't ready to show things. They are playing it close to the chest because they have LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.
    No shit. There's not another one at launch. Why the fuck would there be? Why the fuck does that suddenly mean that the feature isn't being further developed behind the scenes? Do you think they only work on one thing at a time? That they're not already working on additional content? What, do you think Karazhan was developed in the month or so before Legion launched and then pushed live a couple of months later?

Use your brain 'fam'. One at launch =/= they've only got the one in development.

This isn't even fucking defending Blizzard, this is just common fucking sense.

If Warfronts are supposed to be part of an evolving story... then it's obvious that as the story continues, battlefronts change.

You're the kind of guy that if I didn't explicitly say 'I'm going to bed' after stating 'It's midnight and I'm wiped out', you'd assume that I'm going to stay awake forever.
    Last edited by FenixAU; 2017-11-14 at 04:10 AM.