Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The old animations and models are way better because with them WoW looks like Warcraft, with new ones WoW look like League of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Blizzard should not listen basement dwellers
    So they shouldn't listen to most of their players?

Pure cosmetics. The old models would be nice, especially since old gear models fits them better, but if reverting to old models means longer development time, I'm fine keeping the new ones.

There'll be a lot more work to be done recreating things that matter, like old maps and server side data.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    What you all forget is that the backbone of Vanilla servers crowd who will actually play the game want the original feel about it. We don't want Vanilla 2.0. So if you push all these modern changes including the models onto us we might as well go back to private servers that will offer us what we actually wanted. And you know what's gonna happen next? All you whining "would be vanilla lovers" who never even signed the petition will play vanilla for a bit and switch back to current retail cause of not enormous amount of QoLs, or it being to hard or too easy, or class balance, or no dwarf shamans, or myriad other reasons. At this point the game will fail and will be shut down.

On the other hand if the "purists" get what we ask for - original vanilla, we will pay for it for infinity because there won't be any reason to play on glitchy private servers. All others will come and go but we will stay and make sure the game runs and is successful.

You are right when you say that Blizz is a for profit business. And bringing original Vanilla experience is exactly what will bring in the stable player base - the purists. We wil play the game because we wanted it. Others are a bonus. If you don't give the purists what they want you wil lose the purists, but guess what? Others will not stay as well because there won't be enough stable player base.
    So IMHO you either do it original Vanilla with all that comes with it or you don't do it at all - no reason to waste the money.
    Just quoting this as an upvote.
    For touching the real important aspect of the decisions Blizzard will have to consider.

Who should they listen to ? the Purist or the "Legion Vanilla" crowd ?

It should be obvious for most that it is the purists that really want this, that have asked for it, and ofcourse is whom Blizzard should aim to please with it.

The other "Legion Vanilla" crowd, are just on the hype, and would never really want Vanilla for what it was, even with their "wanted QoL changes" included.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Don't nobody give a damn! I actually hope they use new animations just so someone so self entitled like you won't play the game.

Blizzard gives you an inch! You want a mile!

You're worse than a millennial!
    Wow, you don't even know what that means, do you? Hah! You guys are literally the ones taking the mile here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    Go back to LTA you purist scum.

I've played all the servers you described aswell, and I don't think it would be a bad idea to change minor things at all. You're being egotistical as hell. If making minor changes that won't affect gameplay, but make the game more pallatable to more people, who are you to stop them?
    Egoistic? People come in and try turning the vanilla project into something that already exists in retail. THIS is egoistic. It's not enough that the retail version has all the changes people want, vanilla must have these too.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    You disagree? Well, show me your fucking ten year WoW statue. I can post mine if you want. Don't play my game. Play Retail, where all of those things are waiting for you.
    Get a load of this guy! He's got a statue, so it makes WoW "HIS" game! What a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Just quoting this as an upvote.
    For touching the real important aspect of the decisions Blizzard will have to consider.

Who should they listen to ? the Purist or the "Legion Vanilla" crowd ?

It should be obvious for most that it is the purists that really want this, that have asked for it, and ofcourse is whom Blizzard should aim to please with it.

The other "Legion Vanilla" crowd, are just on the hype, and would never really want Vanilla for what it was, even with their "wanted QoL changes" included.
    What is Legion Vanilla crowd ?

I think most "purist" missing the point. Most people, who are for some changes, doesn't want turn Vanilla into legion. But they understand WoW was never perfect and there are ways, how to make Vanilla better.

Thing is, that most purist can't even say why they don't want any changes aside "it is not Vanilla". But if you will ask them how for example balance changes across talent trees will cheapen old WoW experience, they can't say. Some are going as far as saying, they want keep old bugs, textures etc. Why? I have no idea..nor they have.

There are even some huge changes, which would have close to zero impact on Vanilla experience. Think about archeology for example. How would archeology cheapen Vanilla experience aside "It is not vanilla bruh"? Yet, I bet most these purist would fight, cry, whine to the end of the world, if blizzard would decide to add archeology into WoW: Classic

WoW Vanilla experience wasn't about bugs, old textures or models, loot pose stuck, hybrid tax etc., This all is just nostalgia. But what has true meaning is how old WoW was played. It was this quite hard game, with progression what felt like real progression, useful professions, these random encounters in the world, walking to the dungeon portal as group (and maybe fight other faction in the process). Everything just felt more real, not just hub based experience. And noone wants change that.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Why not two types of servers? Original Classic and Classic+. Both servers start identically with 1.12, except Classic+ has updated graphics. Original Classic stays the same, forever, after all the bugs are ironed out and maybe content progresses from Ony to Naxx 40. Classic+ is eventually iterated on: class and spec balance, Group Finder, Collections, etc are all decided on with input from the community.

The private server Purists get what they want, people who want Classic Remastered get what they want, and everyone's happy. The only problem is the amount of work necessary to make and update a Classic+ experience. If they're already talking about graphic updates and QoL changes, though, they must already be committed to doing all of that, if necessary.
    HAHAHHA holy shit, now people want TWO classic servers? this shits getting out of control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    There are even some huge changes, which would have close to zero impact on Vanilla experience. Think about archeology for example. How would archeology cheapen Vanilla experience aside "It is not vanilla bruh"? Yet, I bet most these purist would fight, cry, whine to the end of the world, if blizzard would decide to add archeology into WoW: Classic
    Adding archaeology to classic wow would result in insane gold inflation and trivialize things like the mount grind, and don't get me started on talent changes.

I can't even tell if this post in sincere it's so wrong. If you want to do archaeology, why do you need classic servers to do it? People who've been crying for classic servers want classic servers, not a reimagining of it.

Remove bugs by all means, and I don't mind having the new models as long as the originals are an option - but when you commit to giving people classic WoW you should give them it, not some bastardised half-breed that satisfies neither parties and dooms itself to be an underpopulated corpse of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Adding archaeology to classic wow would result in insane gold inflation and trivialize things like the mount grind, and don't get me started on talent changes.

I can't even tell if this post in sincere it's so wrong.
    Of course not selling archeology stuff for 1g per gray piece. So tell me, how it would inflate economy?

If you want to do archaeology, why do you need classic servers to do it? People who've been crying for classic servers want classic servers, not a reimagining of it.
    also this, I am not saying I want archeology in the wow classic, but honestly, I wouldn't mind it, because it doesn't affect vanilla wow experience in any meaningful way, it doesn't hurt it. However "purists" would hate this idea, but they can't formulate how exactly would it ruin Vanilla experience aside "it is not vanilla".
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2017-11-14 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like these kind of topic. Until vanilla servers were announced, people don't gave a fuck for a possible classic server. Now after the announcement everyone and his grandma is jumping on the train and tries to push the project into something that is not vanilla for no reason. There is a polished version which has all the cool things and if you don't like how the things were in vanilla, then don't play.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I don't like these kind of topic. Until vanilla servers were announced, people don't gave a fuck for a possible classic server. Now after the announcement everyone and his grandma is jumping on the train and tries to push the project into something that is not vanilla for no reason. There is a polished version which has all the cool things and if you don't like how the things were in vanilla, then don't play.
    Buddy, prepare to be disappoint.

What is Legion Vanilla crowd ?

I think most "purist" missing the point. Most people, who are for some changes, doesn't want turn Vanilla into legion. But they understand WoW was never perfect and there are ways, how to make Vanilla better.

Thing is, that most purist can't even say why they don't want any changes aside "it is not Vanilla". But if you will ask them how for example balance changes across talent trees will cheapen old WoW experience, they can't say. Some are going as far as saying, they want keep old bugs, textures etc. Why? I have no idea..nor they have.

WoW Vanilla experience wasn't about bugs, old textures or models, loot pose stuck, hybrid tax etc., This all is just nostalgia. But what has true meaning is how old WoW was played. It was this quite hard game, with progression what felt like real progression, useful professions, these random encounters in the world, walking to the dungeon portal as group (and maybe fight other faction in the process). Everything just felt more real, not just hub based experience. And noone wants change that.
    I'm sorry but adding professions that didn't even exist in vanilla and wouldn't exist for several more expansions is taking things a bit far. Asking for AOE loot is one thing, bringing in a Cata development to Vanilla is a completely different level.

If those are the level of changes you are looking for then yes they have a point, and you really do need to just stick with the most current version of the game.

if they force the shit new character models on us and the new animations rigs and skeletons I will not play.
    This right here is pretty much why Vanilla is gonna fail, because the chance of getting an exact copy of vanilla warts and all is slim to nil. The most minor change will get the "pure-ists" all up in arms and people will just be looking for the smallest reason to leave once the "nostalgia" runs out and blame blizzard for not making an exact copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm sorry but adding professions that didn't even exist in vanilla and wouldn't exist for several more expansions is taking things a bit far. Asking for AOE loot is one thing, bringing in a Cata development to Vanilla is a completely different level.

If those are the level of changes you are looking for then yes they have a point, and you really do need to just stick with the most current version of the game.
    I know it is taking it too far, that's why put this as example. But even if it is taking too far, can you say, how exactly it would hurt wow classic to have archeology in the game?

And stop with " just play current WoW" BS. Nothing I said is in current WoW. Not old progression system, old quest system, not meaningful professions or useful mats, not even group quests with solid rewards - nothing. This was in Vanilla and it doesn't exists anymore..that's why I am more than happy WoW: Classic was announced.

Deleted
    Of course not selling archeology stuff for 1g per gray piece. So tell me, how it would inflate economy?
    So you don't mean adding archaeology, you mean adding archaeology as well as completely rebalancing it around a completely unknown economy, right. That sounds like a valuable use of time and development. I suppose all of the weapons and armor would need rebalancing and / or removing too.

This is my point, people suggest something they think is small but you take a look at it for more than give seconds and it's riddled with issues that would completely mess with the classic game unless completely re-done, at which point, why bother? It's been hard enough to convince Blizzard to make the servers and apparently it'll be a lot of effort JUST for a base replication, let alone remaking chunks of the game to fit new things in.

You keep saying that "purists" only hate it and give no reason besides "it is not vanilla", but I don't believe it for a second when archaeology is the first bloody example you bring up and it's a nest of problems with zero redeeming factors.

I know it is taking it too far, that's why put this as example. But even if it is taking too far, can you say, how exactly it would hurt wow classic to have archeology in the game?
    What, besides from offering absurd gold gains and epic armor / weapons for zero effort? Is that REALLY not enough? What more do you want, it causing the server to crash? It brings myriad problems with next to no benefits unless you REALLY like hitting the same button repeatedly for nothing if they strip the rewards out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    This is utter and complete bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    So you don't mean adding archaeology, you mean adding archaeology as well as completely rebalancing it around a completely unknown economy, right. That sounds like a valuable use of time and development. I suppose all of the weapons and armor would need rebalancing and / or removing too.

This is my point, people suggest something they think is small but you take a look at it for more than give seconds and it's riddled with issues that would completely mess with the classic game unless completely re-done, at which point, why bother? It's been hard enough to convince Blizzard to make the servers and apparently it'll be a lot of effort JUST for a base replication, let alone remaking chunks of the game to fit new things in.

You keep saying that "purists" only hate it and give no reason besides "it is not vanilla", but I don't believe it for a second when archaeology is the first bloody example you bring up and it's a nest of problems with zero redeeming factors.
    It was example and it seems I am correct. Outside of some speculation, you have no idea how it would be bad for the game.

Again, I don't want archeology in WoW: Classic, I am just saying some people are against changes for no reason.

What, besides from offering absurd gold gains and epic armor / weapons for zero effort? Is that REALLY not enough? What more do you want, it causing the server to crash? It brings myriad problems with next to no benefits unless you REALLY like hitting the same button repeatedly for nothing if they strip the rewards out.
    I am not sure if you are trolling right now. Absurd gold gain? There is nothing absurd you can get up to level 60 even in current archeology, not even talking about fact, they would readjust prices if they would ever add it into WoW: Classic. Are you missing the point? Or I am missing something?
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2017-11-14 at 09:15 PM.

if they force the shit new character models on us and the new animations rigs and skeletons I will not play.
    You mean bc when they started giving wellfare epics via beroic dungeon badges?