Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Never having to worry about a server wipe again? No more random gold injections to the economy? No corrupt GM's fucking things up on purpose? Bug fixes?

BLIZZARD, TAKE MY MONEY!(well, they already are, but CONTINUE!)
    That's the main reason for me wanting them, I never was one for the hardcore modes in games where you lose everything at some point, I'm all for difficulty and punishment for failing in some way but keeping the time you spent and enjoyed intact is what matters to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    If you don't have 15 bucks a month in 2017 but you have a computer with broadband internet I don't know what the fuck to tell you.
    I live in a country, where 100Mb internet costs 15 euro, most of my friends are playing with old computers around 200-300 euro cost and average salary is something like 200-300 euro. 15 euros is not a lot, but many people would prefer not to spend it on gaming. If you're spending 15 euros every month, it totals to 180 euros a year or 900 euros for 5 years. That's a price for new awesome computer that you could buy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    The reason people want 1.12 isn't because they want the content all released, but they don't want dumn bullshit like Survival Hunter's Lacerate.
    Lawl what? If they dont want stupid design choices then blizzard would have to redo all the non-viable class specs and talent trees.

In Vanilla you had Prot and Arms Warriors, Holy Paladins, Holy Priests, Resto Druids, Resto Shamans, Rogues (usually hybrid spec), Hunters (again just a hybrid), Frost or Fire Mage, both of whom went deep into arcane, Destro warlock because debuff limit made affliction bad.

Any other spec was in essence, useless in comparison. The game was a shit show with usually only 2-3 viable builds per class with very slight variations here and there. I loved it all the same, but class balance is not something Vanilla WoW was known for, hell... Raiders straight up oneshotted people in PvP, as in, one single attack skill. So much fun....

I reckon Vanilla will be fine for awhile, but if you think there wont be complaints about class balance after a few months, you're delusional. Simply due to human nature there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    This is such a far cry from reality, I just HAVE to know how you can think this is the case. What are you basing this on besides your own creative self and maybe a select few friends?

Can we bet some money, or would I be stealing then?
    It's a prediction... one I feel strongly about... just like I just know you will become one of the biggest Classic proponents o this site.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Everyone will enjoy Classic.. for the same reasons they enjoyed it the first time around. Quality game development. Passion. Creativity.

Grind? Grind is ever increasing amounts of AP socked into an endless weapon... one that is made more endless each patch with some other artificially extended "goal". "But Legion is creative?" You mean like releasing the LARGEST CONTENT PATCH EVER! that included a single quest each week for 6+ weeks that was "Kill 10 rares", "Kill 20 mobs", "Gather 10 item off of 10 mobs".... etc.

As Trump would say... "This is going to be HUUUUUUGGGEEEEEEE!"
    I dont mind Vanilla, I will love to play it if its 100% Vanilla. But calling it quality game development? No. It was a shitfest of imbalanced classes and horrible quest design. It was a game made by and influenced by hardcore Everquest raiders and only when their influence wained abit did it start to stabalize.

The grind of legion was never any actual grind, not once did I have to stop what I was doing and go grind AP. So that point is just false, no matter how many times you spew it. Vanilla is enjoyable because it is old school, its 2004. But by todays standards it has horrible design decisions going on in it. What else do you call a game that on character creation proudly proclaims all the roles a class can be, only for the truth to be that actually... You only have one role, if even that, I mean arguably paladins have half a role, buffbots as they were.

But considering your signature and the fact that you quote Trump, I'm not suprised you're deluded enough to think that Classic will blow up beyond the first few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    This tired old argument. So you really think the millions of casuals that cry for flying at the beginning of expacs and cry to protect LFR are going to move to classic and like it better than live?!?! You all are a very special breed. The hardcore raiders and pvpers are but a fraction of the current playerbase, this is what you will see on classic servers, meanwhile the casuals will keep live going with the actual bulk of the playerbase and subs. I cannot believe people are so dense that they actually think the classic will shut down snowflake island where all content is catered to them above anyone else.
    Wrong. The BIGGEST draw of Classic is the leveling and progression of your characters. Raiding is icing, PvP is icing.

ALL of Classic is a big, fat, piece of cake! Get your fork ready!

1.12 launched when? Two months away from TBC? Why don't we just make it TBC?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    No, Legion caters to the new target audience. The only people who stick around on classic will be a bunch of 30+ year old men. Most people don't like sitting behing their computer screen all day anymore. I am pretty sure you are trolling judging by your responses though.
    Dude... there is no "new target audience"... only holdouts who were 10 when their parents allowed them to play WoW with them. They are the millenials who now want everything given to them for 30 mins of gameplay.

Nope. Blizzard will see the truth... they can get 8 million players to come back then stop playing in 3 months leaving 2-3 million players... or they can get 10 million players back who willl play non stop for 2 years.

Classic is going to stomp out the garbage version that is current WoW. You will either learn to accept it or move on to some facebook/indy steam game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has their favorite expac. I've seen many people state their favorite was TBC, others say WotLK was the golden age and even a few of my friends have said they like MoP the most.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to adding more servers for different expansions.

Also, I feel like people underestimate how much potential money there is in adding classic servers. If classic servers only brings in 50k new concurrent subscribers, that's 750k revenue a month for I reckon relatively low maintenance cost.

MMOs with less players have survived.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    All it shows is that people will play pirated shit because it is free.
    This argument was probably correct 10+ years ago. But since the game is very outdated now, I highly doubt most private server players are in it for the freebie. They are in it because they prefer the old game.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I dont mind Vanilla, I will love to play it if its 100% Vanilla. But calling it quality game development? No. It was a shitfest of imbalanced classes and horrible quest design.

And yet it grew exponentially through Wrath to 12 million players without a single period of sub decline. NONE.

WoD and Legion lost more than half the subs in the first 3 months each.

Classic WILL outperform BfA by far. Because many of those 12 million will return for Classic alone.

I want to experience wondering aimlessly in a new exciting world. Make stupid mistakes and feel like a pro spamming sunder armor. I know I wouldn't get that, not in classic servers not in any other game, because I'm not the same person I was back in 2004.
    To be frank I started playing on a private server lately, and I was shocked how exciting and liberating the experience was, not close to what it felt like back in the day, but also incomparable to any recent experience I had.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    You are definitely a troll or a deluded old man, either way you will see once the server launches that you are wrong.
    ServerS... lots and lots of Classic servers.

Of course it's speculation. But I know I'm right. :P And why are you upset? Because it worries you I might be. They already have to do all sorts of CRZ to make the world feel alive in Legion... it's going to be an absolute ghosttown after Classic launches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    I want to experience wondering aimlessly in a new exciting world. Make stupid mistakes and feel like a pro spamming sunder armor. I know I wouldn't get that, not in classic servers not in any other game, because I'm not the same person I was back in 2004.
    To be frank I started playing on a private server lately, and I was shocked how exciting and liberating the experience was, not close to what it felt like back in the day, but also incomparable to any recent experience I had.
    Welcome brother.... now imagine a fresh new Azeroth. On official Blizzard servers where you know you won;t lose your characters after a few months. Where you log in and peeps whisper you and genuinely want your skill in dungeons with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    If the right improvements are made it could become a bit closer to what it felt like at the time.

That's because people in general are idiots unable to understand that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I don't much care for the Harry Potter movie adaptations, how's about they redo them by my preferences asap? OR, I can just not pay those any attention and focus on what I love about the books. Same principle as with Classic servers and the people wanting it to branch off into an entirely new WoW development...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    From all the discussions circulating around I am starting to get the vibe (of course, I might be wrong) that people actually want Vanilla, be it with or without any QoL changes.

On top of that they want TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion... released in order. A full circle perhaps?

It is beginning to strike me as a misguided nostalgia as to what has been playing with the people we did back, through all these expansions?
    People just want to experience it anew it seems.
    Some people are hoping Classic will be a step for WoW2, doubt it. Would be waste of development to make a secondary franchise line created on the same content as the primary one, as well as use time to make it a little different.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Vanilla is pretty fun, but the community that wants it back is so toxic and annoying that everyone wants to oppose them.
    At least vanilla HAS a community.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    At least vanilla HAS a community.
    Haha, a "community" that's so toxic they turn on each-other at the drop of a hat and employ the "us vs them"-mentality times 1000 and can't love the Live game nor Classic for what they are and rather bitch incessantly about what they wish them to be based on deep rooted nostalgia.

I'll take the REAL WoW community, thanks. So much fun partaking with other WoW fans in hunts for clues, hype about new content, downing content with them etc etc.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-15 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    If the right improvements are made it could become a bit closer to what it felt like at the time.
    Quite frankly it's better not to open the floodgates.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Personally what I'd like is for every class to be reset to MoP talents\skills and abilities and for the raids and areas from Vanilla to BfA released in order over the next decade or so without a single class change that would be lovely. (scaled to allow the full trees\skills so you start as a level 1 but with all the level 90 skills and talents)
    What is this word vomit of an idea? It's complete trash. Stop posting.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.