Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Do you raid so that 3 lines of text on an armor piece colorize or do you do it because you enjoy the fights and progression?
    The 3 lines if text so I can keep up in M+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Well it's 930 from the weekly box and every m+ run has a good chance to warforge/titanforge for above 930 so he sort of has a point that you can get equivalent gear from m+

I agree gear envy is pointless but I think he's just concerned his raid team is gonna dissappear or something to do m+. I'd also argue m+ is as difficult and if you push the key stone to the 20s more difficult than mythic raiding so I'm perfectly OK with m+ and raiding offering equivalent gear and which ever you do being down to choice
    He should/can understand that even mythic raiders have the option to do +10M dungeons and grab the weekly reward. And he also has the option to play mythic raid. Both options increase player power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    because you addressed me first with your condescending tone and your blind nod to everything blizz does
    Not everything. Tier sets would have relevance without titanforge and with reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    What is a set when there is no set bonus?

Those are tier sets - do you see set bonuses? Because I don't.

Bonuses aren't the necessity of a set, really - a Tier Set is mostly a set of items related thematically to the class and certain environment.

This way you can have them dropping in respective raids, just for a transmog/collection purposes or as a part of a bigger design idea. They could be named similarly, form a set inside of a Wardrobe, but lack restricting bonuses.

And about them being ugly - that's just an opinion, and if you don't like it, you can always transmog over it.
    you think those sets are going to stay? its more than likely we will get 4 sets per tier with generic raid theme, one for each armor class, instead of 12 and one for each class we get now and you wont be competing for transmog with token classes, but with armor classes, since tokens have less than zero reason to stay without bonuses...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    He should/can understand that even mythic raiders have the option to do +10M dungeons and grab the weekly reward. And he also has the option to play mythic raid. Both options increase player power.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everything. Tier sets would have relevance without titanforge and with reforging.
    Yup. But I think his concern comes from those who don't like raiding and only did it to get the sets so they can do max in m+ or w/e else now leaving raiding, essentially what I'm doing.

To preface I'm not taking sides just trying clear up a muddy post. Personaly with this news I'm over the moon that I can quit raiding and focus on what I enjoy which is M+

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you think those sets are going to stay? its more than likely we will get 4 sets per tier with generic raid theme, one for each armor class.
    IMHO, that's the only legit concern.

Someone should ask Ion on twitter or in Q&A if they're going to do so...

I personally think dropping the tier set bonuses will be a good thing since we are now going to be chasing after specific pieces for the azerite system. If what Ion says about customization through the Azerite gear is true, adding another layer of mandatory gear in tier would not be fun imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    IMHO, that's the only legit concern.

Someone should ask Ion on twitter or in Q&A if they're going to do so...
    From what I gathered from the QA sets are just gone. Any one got a source for where he says the Tov style will be sticking around?

Deleted
    i'm just waiting for the announcement that says:
    "Azerite will basically only be a RNG affix like wf/tf"

Cause that would be quite a turn; from bad to worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    i'm just waiting for the announcement that says:
    "Azerite will basically only be a RNG affix like wf/tf"

Cause that would be quite a turn; from bad to worse.
    Yeah, it could be greatly improved. Like I said in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Nah, as you can see, that's too little RNG for people here

Blizz should've left TF on all slots, made Azerite bonuses random, so they'd roll when gear piece dropped, and ofc left tier bonuses in place, this way we'd have chased the ultimate combo of highest ilvl and best Azerite bonus on a tier pieces till kingdom come o_O

"So we're going to have artwise, the gear will be more heavily themed from the place it comes."

Best news ever. Instead of "this looks like something that suits this class's lore, I guess", we'll get more "This helm looks similar to the armor of the enemies in the raid wing where it dropped".
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you think those sets are going to stay? its more than likely we will get 4 sets per tier with generic raid theme, one for each armor class, instead of 12 and one for each class we get now and you wont be competing for transmog with token classes, but with armor classes, since tokens have less than zero reason to stay without bonuses...
    Why less than zero? I don't understand, you could virtually leave it as is, just without bonuses. Yes, I get it - visual department has more work if there are more unique sets, but that's it. I don't see how having a bonus justifies the need for class-specific flavor sets more than just, you know, class-specific flavor sets. They still give stats, it's still progression, just like any other item and it enforces the class theme at the same time.

Deleted
    Yup. But I think his concern comes from those who don't like raiding and only did it to get the sets so they can do max in m+ or w/e else now leaving raiding, essentially what I'm doing.

To preface I'm not taking sides just trying clear up a muddy post. Personaly with this news I'm over the moon that I can quit raiding and focus on what I enjoy which is M+
    I see. Again, it's about bonds and lacking options. Your post shows that you can understand the point of the change and the player becomes more free to do whatever activity they like.

Raiding won't die out, because no other instanced pve content in this game can offer it's unique experience.

This really feels terrible.
    With each tier, I look forward to the new class specific looks and run several characters through various versions of the raids to collect the tier pieces.
    I am afraid we will get those dumbed down generic plate/mail/leather/cloth sets that we had available through LFR in WoD. The sets looked terrible and there was no differentiation whether you were a warrior, DK, or Paladin.
    I understand about the ilvl increases over the set bonus argument, but without something to constantly work toward, what the incentive?
    Maybe this is a good point to leave the raiding scene - I have been raiding since Molten Core and maybe it is time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    This really feels terrible.
    With each tier, I look forward to the new class specific looks and run several characters through various versions of the raids to collect the tier pieces.
    I am afraid we will get those dumbed down generic plate/mail/leather/cloth sets that we had available through LFR in WoD. The sets looked terrible and there was no differentiation whether you were a warrior, DK, or Paladin.
    I understand about the ilvl increases over the set bonus argument, but without something to constantly work toward, what the incentive?
    Maybe this is a good point to leave the raiding scene - I have been raiding since Molten Core and maybe it is time.
    Why so many think that showing off some transmog in the middle of Stormwind means anything? There is no "prestige" in any game, unless you get money for it.

If vanity means fun to someone, it's a shame.

Deleted
    I see. Again, it's about bonds and lacking options. Your post shows that you can understand the point of the change and the player becomes more free to do whatever activity they like.

Raiding won't die out, because no other instanced pve content in this game can offer it's unique experience.
    Yea it's just means the people who do it will be the ones who do it for the raiding experience not people like me who just need the gear to do something else and can then drop out.

- - - Updated - - -

If vanity means fun to someone, it's a shame.
    The whole of western society is obsessed with vanity if you hadent noticed :/

I hope yall "Advocating" for this realize it's also removing class specific transmog that we've gotten from every raid.

except m+ will be the only viable gearing option since its spamable. everyone just log on to do 5 hours of the same 10 dungeons over and over and pushes to m+100 hahahaha. how exciting this expansion is going to be.
    Exactly. Mythic + all day every day. Who raids anymore with no bonus to doing so.

Deleted
    The whole of western society is obsessed with vanity if you hadent noticed :/
    That would worth a whole new topic itself.

so they wanna kill raiding scene. truly truly brilliant

- - - Updated - - -

can you link the source please?
    Raids will drop higher ilvl than m+ and Azerite pieces can't titanforge. Raiding will still give you the best gear in the game. No the raiding scene isn't getting killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNumbers View Post
    I hope yall "Advocating" for this realize it's also removing class specific transmog that we've gotten from every raid.
    Yes we do and we're advocating for that. We have a fuck tone of raid tiers with class fantasy armour sets to go chose from and tbh I think the art team are realising that for some classes there's only so many ways you can spin a classes concept. I mean look at Hunters in legion. They have 1 new unique set then t6 re release then something that looks like that silver vanilla set made love to the cata fish set.

Time for it to go like fireman's for a bit and have armour themed in the raid.