Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    I play much older games regularly on emulators, the experience is not degraded. I haven't played on private servers, but I have heard many private server players said the experience is still as great as it was. So I see no reason to believe your claim.

I won't play on private servers, and I won't play Classic unless it's truly authentic (otherwise what's the point?). I haven't touched WoW since MoP and I have no intention of ever playing live again, and have no problem not touching Classic either if they screw it up by trying to balance the classes, or introduce the token, or whatever.
    Play on them yourself and find out. If the experience was still the same quality then more of those who made accounts on them would be actively playing.
    If class balance is all they change, I really can't see you not playing if you are intending to play.

Authentic vanilla was so bad balance wise, not doing at least a minimal amount of class changing would be a mistake that would ruin the game's long term.

The rose tinted glasses need to come off for this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Sure, if you consider 31 pts arcane, 20 pts frost a frost mage.

Ok, what if I wanted to be a warrior decked out in intellect gear swinging my staff around..? What if I wanted to be an assasination rogue who does damage with his crossbow..? Do you see the problem with those questions..?
    Yea that there not specs the game gives you under the pretext of being viable only to turn out not to be when you hit max level. We're talking about your questions here right? Cos I missed staff spec on the warrior tree.

Also you use a warrior in in gear swinging a staff as some silly example yet minus the staff that was paladins for vanilla. I doubt there were many paladins who picked the holy warrior of the Light, vanquished of evil in his heavy plate and warmace to spend there time sat in cloth spamming holy light and poping the odd buff of.

You're dumb if you want there to be all these specs and only 1 viable per class. What's the point of Prot Paladin existing if it can't even tank? Feral has 2 shit specs rolled into 1, neither of which is remotely useful (Feral DPS can be useful through cheesing but that's not how the game's intended to work). This is 2017, not the dark ages of the first year of WoW anymore. Stuff changes and moves on. Expecting specs to be as dead as they were back then is just silly.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I've said it since the announcement, and I'll say it again:

Changes WILL be made. Classic is going to have a broader appeal because it has to in 2017, and that means people will be able to play what they want and not be relegated to a single spec, or a single role.

Activision-Blizzard doesn't make games that appeal to a few thousand Vanilla thread postgrinders, they make games that a fuckton of people want to play, and a fuckton of people are going to want to pick classes and roles they're familiar with, and guess what; They're going to want to be able to play the fucking game. Not expecting changes is just willful ignorance. Is it really that offensive that someone could choose to play Balance or Ret in PvE content and not be literal dogshit? If you truly believe they're going to replicate a busted version of their game you're wrong. Straight-up wrong.
    This basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Authentic vanilla was so bad balance wise, not doing at least a minimal amount of class changing would be a mistake that would ruin the game's long term.

The rose tinted glasses need to come off for this one.
    I don't get it why there are people who want this not to happen, so much fun to fully equip 8 warrior tanks for 4 horse men yeah

Deleted
    I made it because I will absolutely play WoW Classic if they don't screw it up, and I want to make my opinion on what constitutes "screwing up" publicly. But if they do screw it up, then so be it, I will continue to not play WoW, it's not the end of the world.
    I don't think any one cares if you play or not

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    I don't get it why there are people who want this not to happen, so much fun to fully equip 8 warrior tanks for 4 horse men yeah
    So fun to play one of the 3 paladin specs whose job is to offheal and restore people's mana for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I've said it since the announcement, and I'll say it again:

Changes WILL be made. Classic is going to have a broader appeal because it has to in 2017, and that means people will be able to play what they want and not be relegated to a single spec, or a single role.

Activision-Blizzard doesn't make games that appeal to a few thousand Vanilla thread postgrinders, they make games that a fuckton of people want to play, and a fuckton of people are going to want to pick classes and roles they're familiar with, and guess what; They're going to want to be able to play the fucking game. Not expecting changes is just willful ignorance. Is it really that offensive that someone could choose to play Balance or Ret in PvE content and not be literal dogshit? If you truly believe they're going to replicate a busted version of their game you're wrong. Straight-up wrong.
    So you will have then a few classes doing decent raid damage and with OP tools for pvp and on top of that with much dmg.... when you give certain classes more viable dmg...you have to take away certain class gimmicks in pvp or they will be to OP..... change one thing change it all....

And blizzard have said shit about class balancing yet....maybe you got a source for us where that is stated.
    Last edited by mmoc15f92c5277; 2017-11-15 at 03:42 PM.

Sure, if you consider 31 pts arcane, 20 pts frost a frost mage.

Ok, what if I wanted to be a warrior decked out in intellect gear swinging my staff around..? What if I wanted to be an assasination rogue who does damage with his crossbow..? Do you see the problem with those questions..?
    How is that in any way a good analogy?

"Someone wanting to use a spec designed for the class they play" vs "Someone wanting to use a weapon on a specific class that wasn't intended for it"

Yeah. Totally the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Play on them yourself and find out. If the experience was still the same quality then more of those who made accounts on them would be actively playing.
    I won't touch private servers. But looking at their player bases, seems to me plenty of people were actively playing on them. To the point where Blizzard had to spend their lawyers' time and money to shut them down.

If class balance is all they change, I really can't see you not playing if you are intending to play.
    That's just your failure to understand different types of people. I have no interest whatsoever in live WoW, nor in any "balanced" version of vanilla WoW. But pure, authentic WoW Classic, if it happens, I will absolutely play.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Or, when people have choices, they might choose a spec that they like/are fun.
    I will admit that it can happen. During my 12 years of playing, I think I did indeed meet a couple of people, maybe in the order of one dozen, who outright refused to swap specs within a role. That one priest who swore he would never play discipline or a mage who would only play fire.

But then they can't expect to play with others (like raid), if their chosen spec is underperforming. It's not Blizzard's fault, it's a community perception problem. If we take you as an affliction warlock, and you take away 4 of the 16 available debuff slots, why wouldn't we just get someone willing to play destruction, even assuming you would deal the same damage?

And the differences can be minimal, as we have seen in Legion as well. Why would we take shadow priest for mythic+ farm, even if their overall damage is fine, if we can get someone with a frontloaded burst?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You're dumb if you want there to be all these specs and only 1 viable per class. What's the point of Prot Paladin existing if it can't even tank? Feral has 2 shit specs rolled into 1, neither of which is remotely useful (Feral DPS can be useful through cheesing but that's not how the game's intended to work). This is 2017, not the dark ages of the first year of WoW anymore. Stuff changes and moves on. Expecting specs to be as dead as they were back then is just silly.
    Prot pala had its use. You went prot for reckoning in pvp because it did way more dmg than ret.
    Ret was the useless spec except to splash in for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    So you will have then a few classes doing decent raid damage and with OP tools for pvp and on top of that with much dmg.... when you give certain classes more viable dmg...you have to take away certain class gimmicks in pvp or they will be to OP..... change one thing change it all....

And blizzard have said shit about class balancing yet....maybe you got a source for us where that is stated.
    Like every rogue ever?

I'd be all for nerfing those...

Can't they just have two servers and be done with all this whining and hate?

I don't believe they will put much effort into making classes viable (for instance, adding new abilities), but they could probably add some stuff, as changes to the debuff limit and mana costs (bake in talents for classes such as balance druids and elemental shamans).
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Deleted
    I will admit that it can happen. During my 12 years of playing, I think I did indeed meet a couple of people, maybe in the order of one dozen, who outright refused to swap specs within a role. That one priest who swore he would never play discipline or a mage who would only play fire.

But then they can't expect to play with others (like raid), if their chosen spec is underperforming. It's not Blizzard's fault, it's a community perception problem. If we take you as an affliction warlock, and you take away 4 of the 16 available debuff slots, why wouldn't we just get someone willing to play destruction, even assuming you would deal the same damage?

And the differences can be minimal, as we have seen in Legion as well. Why would we take shadow priest for mythic+ farm, even if their overall damage is fine, if we can get someone with a frontloaded burst?
    There ubderperforming and then there's just plain dosent work. People trying to compare say outlaw rouge to say vanilla ret really don't understand how u viable ret was. This wasn't your bottom of the dps this was there's tanks and healers with more dps level of broken.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Hunters were always there in raids, at least a few. Someone had to pull.
    You mean spam MD on the tank so the rogue could be a mindless stabbybot.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Yes, everyone had their roles, dps, healer, and tank. Except only 1 class can tank and half the dps aren't taken into raids because they aren't viable. What's the role of those classes? Gather herbs?
    Your argument falls on it's face when proper class fantasy that your advocating, means nothing when if a class provides an increased utility to a team, but isn't taken because they can't make up the disparity in damage.
    Too bad, that is the "classic experience" this is what everyone was asking for.

DPS was far less contested then people think there wasn't things like enrages or dps check phases, the game was simple. If you do the mechanics (dispels, tank swaps, aggro management) you won, that was it there was nothing fancy or advanced. It was about the journey with friends and with strangers who became friends people think classic was something that it wasn't.

Deleted
    I won't touch private servers. But looking at their player bases, seems to me plenty of people were actively playing on them. To the point where Blizzard had to spend their lawyers' time and money to shut them down.

That's just your failure to understand different types of people. I have no interest whatsoever in live WoW, nor in any "balanced" version of vanilla WoW. But pure, authentic WoW Classic, if it happens, I will absolutely play.
    Not going to go into specifics but the amount of active players vs created accounts is small. Few avoid private servers for moral reasons, they aren't playing because the game didn't draw them in again.

On the second point I simply don't believe you. It's already been shown that the purists are willing to concede more changes than they are letting on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Can't they just have two servers and be done with all this whining and hate?

I don't believe they will put much effort into making classes viable (for instance, adding new abilities), but they could probably add some stuff, as changes to the debuff limit and mana costs (bake in talents for classes such as balance druids and elemental shamans).
    U want a classic classic server now? Guess you better start shitposting and sending death threats to you tubers now so it might be announced next blizzconn