Poll: Are you guys ok with the two alliance allied races?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well I only saw orcs confirmed, and I still don't have link to that Q&A, but it coul've been just an example aswell. o I thought you had link tot hat specific Q&A.
    Q&A : "Darkspear Trolls are hunched and it is part of what they are. Zandalari Trolls are a different story."

Transcrist on MMO-Champ main page

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Q&A : "Darkspear Trolls are hunched and it is part of what they are. Zandalari Trolls are a different story."

Transcrist on MMO-Champ main page
    Shieet, at least they would lessen the hunch, as in new models they're even more hunched than old models :/ and I always thought that it was more of primal stance, than just being hunched.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

it0s blizzard, be happy we got anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    Argus Broken seems more ideal although they can still be added in the future.
    I feel like they should and probably would be more Horde. They for some reason have a huge dislike for Velen and the other survivors and would have no hate towards the Orcs or Blood Elves.

I could however see a group of lesser Eredar joining either the Horde or the Alliance, maybe both. Ones joining Velen want to follow the light again, while the ones joining Horde don't give up the fel/shadow/death ways.

Subjective opinions.
    No matter what the options were, someone would not have got theirs and therefore dictated it was "unfair", or "wrong".

Blizzard also said there could be future additions, so whining that something new isn't in its first iteration complete and catering to absolutely everybody, which is an impossible task by the way, just makes you look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I feel like they should and probably would be more Horde. They for some reason have a huge dislike for Velen and the other survivors and would have no hate towards the Orcs or Blood Elves.

I could however see a group of lesser Eredar joining either the Horde or the Alliance, maybe both. Ones joining Velen want to follow the light again, while the ones joining Horde don't give up the fel/shadow/death ways.
    But then you potentially get the problems of differing toolkits, something blizzard chose to remove with the faction class equalisation in TBC.
    Or are they then to be boring with carbon copies of each other only with different colours.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Nothing new.Alliance was and will always the boring faction (pls dont kill me)
    Because Horde is fun; 90% blood elves 8)

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    Do you guys think Blizzard could've done better with the Allied Races for Alliance?

Both Lightforged Draenei and Voidfused Elf doesn't have an established hub compared to the other 4 allied races.

Seeing the Lightforged Draenei and Lothraxion on Legion, I thought of other races becoming "Lightforged" until BfA (although it's still possible).

I'm "fine" with Lightforged Draenei and Void Elf as it feels like the Army of the Light siding with the Alliance
    Horde's allied models IMO is better unless they give Alliance Lightforged Nathrezim https://youtu.be/KTLXceLBY8I

Kul Tiras Human and Argus Broken seems more ideal although they can still be added in the future.
    Honestly, we don't know how they'll play out with "hubs." I don't think anything was mentioned on if they'll have a racial area to centralize and recognizes them as an allied race of your faction. For example, Nightborne have the amazing city of Suramar and the larger zone, but the overwhelming majority of all of it is hostile and questing specific to an old expansion. We don't know if Nightborne will see the non-destroyed version before the Legion phased into the city during questing--we don't know if they will or won't need the disguise to remain neutral in it. We don't know a lot of things.

Same thing for Highmountain Tauren, although their little city is, of course, entirely friendly outside of the WQ.

It could be argued that the Lightforged have the ship on Argus, and they have the Exodar still. The Nightborne aren't directly related to an existing race on the Horde--Silvermoon would hold nothing for them in terms of family or friends or history.

Void Elves are within timeline weeks or months of the Argus incursion, so they still have the old High Elf towns and hubs--few and far between, but existent (Northrend comes to mind, Isle of Thunder, some others). High Elves are, as far as I understand it, largely a migratory, decentralized race right now. The only unifying location I can think of for them is those that pilgrimage to the Sunwell, as some do or used to do, on uneasy terms with the Blood Elves.

The Dark Iron would probably share the same spaces as their other Dwarven kin, being so directly related to them. There would be no immediate need for a hub for them, although I would love to see modern Dwarf art assets. There were some shown, I believe, in the art assets for BFA (new grass covered hovels and such), and we know that they will be unlocked questing the new Alliance continent, I believe it was said, so we may have more to see of them yet.

And of course the Zandalar do have a hugely unfair, awesome, fully functional city hub for the Horde.

I agree it appears the Alliance may have gotten kind of shafted on this front, but I don't think it was intentionally looking at it from this angle. They didn't intend them to have their own sweeping zones and permanence like the main races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is planning on adding more Allied Races, so it's a bit early on calling what has been announced as "unfair".

I honestly don't think i'll play the next expansion for more than a month, so i really don't care. With that said, i do think the alliance races suck in comparison to the horde.

Horde is getting 2 brand new races, and a pretty cool sub-race. Alliance is getting 3 sub races, including void elves, wtf is a void elf? Also, lightforged draenei? They're the same thing as normal draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    But then you potentially get the problems of differing toolkits, something blizzard chose to remove with the faction class equalisation in TBC.
    Or are they then to be boring with carbon copies of each other only with different colours.
    Blizzard said these allied races are going to have lore restricted classes unlike the races we already have.

And you can make them actually look different. Horde gets the current look of the lesser Eredar we see now, while Alliance get a more tamer looking ones, ones that are slowly losing their demon look, like what's his face nathrezim guy.

it's better than the Lightforged crap that the Alliance have now. I mean the Draenei are already obsessed with the Light and they gave them an even more obsessed version of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Blizzard said these allied races are going to have lore restricted classes unlike the races we already have.

And you can make them actually look different. Horde gets the current look of the lesser Eredar we see now, while Alliance get a more tamer looking ones, ones that are slowly losing their demon look, like what's his face nathrezim guy.

it's better than the Lightforged crap that the Alliance have now. I mean the Draenei are already obsessed with the Light and they gave them an even more obsessed version of them.
    There was more than a difference in cosmetics given the spell schools.
    Is there really a good argument in having holy and fel somehow doing exactly the same. Simply to add "more".
    The very thing that void elves and lightforged draenei are being criticised for.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-16 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Because Horde is fun; 90% blood elves 8)
    30% but yeah ...disgusting elves...

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    30% but yeah ...disgusting elves...
    I think that playable Zandalari (especially with paladin class), highmountain and upright orcs will finally put their population to canon level.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If you only look at max level characters, it is closer to 40%
    42.2% according to realmpop. Orcs are only 15%, disappointing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I think that playable Zandalari (especially with paladin class), highmountain and upright orcs will finally put their population to canon level.
    Considering we wiped out like 90% of the orcs when we took down Garrosh Id say their population is around canon levels.

Lightforged Draenei are really boring. The original ones were already super duper holy, this just feels needlessly redundant.

So many cooler options to mix things up. Or ones that were more highly requested.

Why not Eredar? We will have whooped their asses by the end of the expac, surely some of those defeated ones would consider flipping sides.
    Why not Grimtotem Tauren? Like the Lightforged, the Highmountain Tauren are just more of the same: the same culture as Thunder Bluff but taken to its extreme. Boring.

I'm happy with what we got, I just hope Blizzard doesn't treat them like Draenei and Worgen and actually give them some decent lore to measure up to the Horde allied races rather than just introducing them and then leaving them dormant for 7 years before picking back up on them again when the narrative fits their involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Considering we wiped out like 90% of the orcs when we took down Garrosh Id say their population is around canon levels.
    not 90% when majority sided with rebelion. You're also forgetting that Horde had orc number boost with Dargonmaw and Mag'har joining.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to belf population drop.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

They are making these races start at level 20 because they don't want to make them a starting zone. Without a starting zone, everyone can make a new race in like 5 minutes in 3ds Max or something like that. Just change the color, maybe the shape of the ears, etc.

They are now producing low quality, low effort content in higher quantity. This is basically a huge warning sign that something is wrong with the development team, possibly a lack of resources due to a reduced budget and reassigning capable people to other games.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-17 at 09:19 AM.

Alliance need Vrykul
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger