Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

you think you do, but you dont

isnt it extremely ironical that classic WoW this year was announced by j. allen brack ? the very same that said infamous 'you think you do, but you dont' phrase ?
    clearly mocking the person asking a question (about legacy servers) as if he was too stupid to gather group other way than dungeon finder
    im not sure what was blizzard thinking, but i would cut him off from anything vanilla related at least from PR side of things

i find it offensive and disrespectful to whole WoW community, especially those who wanted legacy servers

heres the link to full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE

EDIT: people asking for changes are obviously present times players that never actually experienced vanilla. they consider classic another expansion, next to battle for azeroth, and want all todays quality of life improvements implemented.

because people that want true vanilla experience, exactly how it used to be, went to play on private servers and would be happy with the game as it was

if you want any QoL changes, vanilla/classic just isnt the game for you
    its the current, live, 2nd generation WoW where u already have all those things
    thats exactly why some people were asking for legacy servers for years, because it was DIFFERENT
    Last edited by Proskill; 2017-11-18 at 05:11 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

The threads asking for changes to vanilla is a testament to that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Well let's say 1 million people really wanted a Classic server. They ask for it and get "you think you do but you don't" in return.
    After a year they finally announce the development of a Classic Server.
    But now every Tim and Tom who did not gave it any thought before jumps in, spouting out their ideas on how it should be.

The people who wanted Classic Servers, still do.
    Now there is only a loud majority who never wanted them in the first place, but only will play them if it fits their desires.

Again, Classic Servers should be as Authentic as possible, if you want Legion QoL, Classic is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    why havent this been discussed yet
    It has. The search bar is at the top, for future reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    people asking for changes are obviously present times players that never actually experienced vanilla. they consider classic another expansion, next to battle for azeroth, and want all todays quality of life improvements implemented.

because people that want true vanilla experience, exactly how it used to be, went to play on private servers and would be happy with the game as it was
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    people asking for changes are obviously present times players that never actually experienced vanilla. they consider classic another expansion, next to battle for azeroth, and want all todays quality of life improvements implemented.

I'm convinced half of these people are trolling.

The ironic thing about the "you think you do, but you don't" statement is a lot of the changes that made WoW worse were done because Blizzard listened to the community.

Deleted
    isnt it extremely ironical that classic WoW this year was announced by j. allen brack ? the very same that said infamous 'you think you do, but you dont' phrase ?
    That's the point, if anything it's a PR move from blizz..

im not sure what was blizzard thinking, but i would cut him off from anything vanilla related at least from PR side of things

i find it offensive and disrespectful to whole WoW community, especially those who wanted legacy servers
    Jesus christ you are a delicate little snowflake, let's just fire the entire dev team too, they didn't speak out against the tyrant J. Allen Brack's injustices. If they aren't with us they're against us!

clearly mocking the person asking a question (about legacy servers) as if he was too stupid to gather group other way than dungeon finder

Way to be melodramatic. Grow thicker skin. He didn't say any insults about your mom, so chill out. I'm a part of this community and I don't feel disrespected or offended because I don't GAF what J. Allen whoever said something off-color, also because I'm an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from a lot of posts I am seeing the "you think you do, but you dont" quote has proven correct, it's very clear we have no idea what we want when it comes to vanilla or at leat a lot of people don't. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

It's not "ironic", it just shows his professionalism. Something you'll never have, and also would require you to get some kind of job in the first place.

Also: you think you do, but you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna play fallout 3 again
    "you think you do, but you dont"
    *plays fallout 3 again* fuck fallout 4.

If classic servers somehow sustain more than a few hundred people then you might have a point. When it turns out classic has 4 million subscribers and about 500 active players then he will turn out right.

Watching him eat a belly full of crow was priceless. I don't think anyone at Blizz wants to do this... I truly believe it has been mandated down from Activision. Their money hungering has finally worked in our favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    If classic servers somehow sustain more than a few hundred people then you might have a point. When it turns out classic has 4 million subscribers and about 500 active players then he will turn out right.
    When it turns out more players will play and stick with vanilla long term over current wow? I know, I know... ridiculous notion.

Well.. "You think it won't.. but it will."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Well let's say 1 million people really wanted a Classic server. They ask for it and get "you think you do but you don't" in return.
    After a year they finally announce the development of a Classic Server.
    But now every Tim and Tom who did not gave it any thought before jumps in, spouting out their ideas on how it should be.

The people who wanted Classic Servers, still do.
    Now there is only a loud majority who never wanted them in the first place, but only will play them if it fits their desires.

Again, Classic Servers should be as Authentic as possible, if you want Legion QoL, Classic is not for you.
    There is a large group of us who wanted Vanilla at it's core but still want QoL changes. Examples would be faster flight paths, dual specs, hunter and lock QoL changes, possibly some better class balancing (not ability changes but number tuning) and I'm sure there's many other small stuff.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    When it turns out more players will play and stick with vanilla long term over current wow? I know, I know... ridiculous notion.
    I'm interested as to why you think this will be case, can you explain?

I can't speak for the US servers, but in the EU, the only time WoW had a significant population drop, prior to what, Cata, was in late Vanilla.

Specifically in the Naxx era. Whilst the population had climbed steadily up to that point, in the EU at least, it actually started to drop, and quite significantly, during Naxx. I no longer have the figures to show this, so it's fair enough to go "U CANT PROVE THAT!!!!!". I can't. But I was there, and I assure that it did.

And this is what concerns me re: the long-term future of Classic - if they say, release the content at the same rate as it came out IRL, then I think when the get to Naxx, even if they've maintained a good population until then, interest will start to drop off rapidly. The grind to get into Naxx is pretty appalling, and whilst it can be lessened by having done other grinds, they're pretty severe too. And that's just to get into it - let alone to get appropriately geared. There's a reason less than 1% of players saw the inside of it (and I was in that 1%).

Then say, you slowly gear up from Naxx - it's not a lot of fun. It's a tough, not-very-enjoyable raid that consumes a lot of time effort - especially all the preparation you need to do. We're talking hours and hours per week, esp. as there is competition over the stuff you need to grind.

Then, eventually maybe you even conquer Naxx. You finish it. You have an L60 in mostly or full T3.

What then? What keeps people playing? Because I don't see anything. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    There is a large group of us who wanted Vanilla at it's core but still want QoL changes. Examples would be faster flight paths, dual specs, hunter and lock QoL changes, possibly some better class balancing (not ability changes but number tuning) and I'm sure there's many other small stuff.
    One of the reasons Locks and Hunters worked that way was because they barely had any repair bill.
    Enemies hit their pets, so their armor was spared, giving them almost no repair costs.

As trade off to keep it some what fair they had to buy arrows and give up a bag slot.

7+ Year Old Account

I think they did it just so it would be he who got to make the video when Classic servers shuts down because of inactivity xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Nope, I played Vanilla, specifically as a healer, that's why I'm campaigning for free talent resets (spec swap) (still only at class trainers). Being a healer is just outright punishing in Vanilla. I'm on the fence of even bothering, I'm 50/50 currently, there's literally one thing I never achieved in vanilla, and that was Naxx, I did some of Naxx, but I didn't "beat" Naxx, I'd love to go back and beat it now. That's all that's really there for me, all the friends I made still play, I'm in the same social guild I was in then, I still have 1 toon off in a raiding guild so that I can play endgame, of which I've conquered all of the end game PVE content since TBC. There is ONE raid in the history of this game I have not completed, and I never will if the game is exactly as it was.

That one change is what will be the deciding factor for me, playing a tank or a healer and you encounter the exact same issue, it takes 4 times longer to achieve anything and I don't find any interest in DPSing, So if I played, I'd be stuck in the same rut I was before, the difference is I know I don't have to tolerate the terrible game design of 13 years ago, because WoW today is so much more accepting of peoples real world time commitments, it was OK back then because I was a no-lifer teenager. Now I'm a adult with a home and a family, I've not got time for that ridiculous shit anymore.

-- You should drink between mobs, you should die if you pull 3 mobs, you should have to work to attune to raids.
    -- You SHOULD NOT be forced into farming for 4x longer because your a healer, or having to fork out hundreds of gold most days to respec and save yourself some pain. The endgame needs healers, I think it will genuinely be a problem in the endgame if it's the same as it was because nowhere near as many people will tolerate it as they did before.

Aside from that one, very minor thing, I'd want it to be 99.9% pure Vanilla.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    One of the reasons Locks and Hunters worked that way was because they barely had any repair bill.
    Enemies hit their pets, so their armor was spared, giving them almost no repair costs.

As trade off to keep it some what fair they had to buy arrows and give up a bag slot.
    Which is fair but still a QoL change that I am sure most people like.

How is it disrespectful? I'm pretty sure they used him as the spokesperson on purpose just so people could point and laugh at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.