Thread: New Hero: Moira

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hell as roadhog when I see a damage orb I belly flop on it to keep it from either killing my squishies or making it share damage with me and the squishie, keeping us both alive. It barely tickles Roadhog, and Roadhog pretty much one shots her with hook/left/melee. She better stay behind a shield is all I can say.
    Really no one does except another Moira. It's the only character I can see her reliably kill...herself. Either way you want to take it. Her ult seems like you are hitting everyone with fluffy neon clouds. They just run face into it and wreck everyone anyways. She needs some hella buffs. Kaplan was crazy to say her name is spelled OPAF or whatever. Unless that means, Obviously Piss At Fighting.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    She's pretty fun, as long as there's a Mercy to res you.

Deleted
    Moira is sick, and I'm very glad I've got an SSD and a pretty PC in order to lock her first 'til she stops being 'the new toy'.

You learn pretty quickly that cars, payloads and crates stop her ult.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

She's great imo

Can't understand why the "pros" from the ptr said she needed a nerf lol. Tanks literally give no shits about her and with a rein orisa combo she struggles to keep resource.

- - - Updated - - -

and so it begins

the "i can't play moira so ima throw"

lets go triple sniper zero tanks....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    She's great imo

Can't understand why the "pros" from the ptr said she needed a nerf lol. Tanks literally give no shits about her and with a rein orisa combo she struggles to keep resource.

- - - Updated - - -

and so it begins

the "i can't play moira so ima throw"

lets go triple sniper zero tanks....
    Pros are idiots to listen to when it comes to balance. They play a small set of heroes well, and if something stops them, they want it nerfed or reworked as OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    My daughter has been playing her and is absolutely butchering people. Havent played Overwatch for a while so going to have a blast later tonight to see how she fares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    She's pretty terrible to be honest. She has to be too close to heal effectively, her CD on the wraith is too long, and her damage is laughable. This is worse than Ana when she was released.
    Well from what ive seen she seems op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Well from what ive seen she seems op.
    Must have low account XP or internal matchmaking. I play with lots of high time played people and she's a joke. Basically dies if you sneeze on her and can't heal or dmg for shit. Her bouncy ball that I thought would be so awesome in tunnels/enclosed spaces just tickles the team and almost doesn't benefit from being able to hit anyone as it's passing b/c it's so busy calculating who to target next and just gets soaked by fatties like Rein or Road.

I ulted my team when they were in a zarya bubble and didn't kill a single one of the enemies and didn't keep a single player alive. I'd rather be zen who can save pretty much the whole team there with his ult, rein who can save the whole team with right click, or genji who can possibly save half and kill one or two just with an E ability.

She's total weaksauce. Her only good spell is the heal spray. It heals very quickly. She has no defense when anyone comes for her as her damage beam doesn't do enough to kill anyone and can't heal herself fast enough to not die in seconds, especially when she's essentially getting one shot most of the time.

As just a first pass at changes, I think her wraith mode needs to actually heal her team (and her) and damage enemies, healing and dmg from the right click needs to be increased. Healing from spray needs to be slightly reduced to compensate. Ult damage and healing needs to be buffed on both ends.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-11-17 at 08:16 PM.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow im so bad with this champ. My tracking skills are the shitsu i cant keep a beam on a teammate or the enemy :/

She seems mediocre to me. Her healing spray is effective, but restoring it can get pretty hard against a smart enemy, most characters can kill her quite fast at the range where she can track her beam. Her damage is so low it barely matters. Her Fade is pretty cool, and most of the skill in her kit is tied to the orbs which can be quite effective in some situations (close quarters especially), but really bad in others. Her ult is decent, but having your support out in the open channeling a ''please shoot/CC me'' beam is not ideal if you ask me.

I don't think she's terrible, but no part of her kit seems to really shine to me. She is fun to play, however.

I will say that she is very good at taking down Pharah.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way she looks reminds me of Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy using her. I like her Glam skin

7+ Year Old Account
    She is amazing.

I keep wrecking people in deathmatch.
    Her balls are fucking rough.

I wish i could pick her more often in qp tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

I’m enjoying her, I tend to spend too much time killing though. I only use healing orbs when my whole team is low, I’m trying to run back and the orb can get there first or I need personal big healing. Otherwise it doesn’t work for what she does, she is a healer designed to stick with her team and once it gets beyond your team the chances of it bouncing back are slim but a dps orb can catch someone later and win some ult charge. I wouldn’t mind a wider beam either.

I got cute and pixel unlocks in my last game as well as potg, ulted through enemy Zarya grav bomb.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if it effects the orb or not but it seems orisa's ult turns Moira's ball into a wrecking ball.

- - - Updated - - -

THe only thing I would tweet is that her ult either does more damage or more healing. Any basic healing seems to outheal her ult damage and any damage ult out does her healing.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-18 at 09:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Must have low account XP or internal matchmaking. I play with lots of high time played people and she's a joke. Basically dies if you sneeze on her and can't heal or dmg for shit. Her bouncy ball that I thought would be so awesome in tunnels/enclosed spaces just tickles the team and almost doesn't benefit from being able to hit anyone as it's passing b/c it's so busy calculating who to target next and just gets soaked by fatties like Rein or Road.

I ulted my team when they were in a zarya bubble and didn't kill a single one of the enemies and didn't keep a single player alive. I'd rather be zen who can save pretty much the whole team there with his ult, rein who can save the whole team with right click, or genji who can possibly save half and kill one or two just with an E ability.

She's total weaksauce. Her only good spell is the heal spray. It heals very quickly. She has no defense when anyone comes for her as her damage beam doesn't do enough to kill anyone and can't heal herself fast enough to not die in seconds, especially when she's essentially getting one shot most of the time.

As just a first pass at changes, I think her wraith mode needs to actually heal her team (and her) and damage enemies, healing and dmg from the right click needs to be increased. Healing from spray needs to be slightly reduced to compensate. Ult damage and healing needs to be buffed on both ends.
    She plays at 3500ish rating, as i say i havent tried her out but my kid is maining her atm.

I pulled down 40 kills 0 deaths on Junkertown. Gold damage, gold elims, gold healing. Gold doesn’t really mean anything but he was definitely carrying her weight. Her fade ability ditches debuffs like orb and even Tracer bombs. She counters pharahs and Squishies, does very well against medium armored guys but doesn’t tickle tanks. Her ult needs to be buffed so it either heals more or does more damage because even basic healing can out heal its damage and enemy damage ults out damage its heal. If the enemy doesn’t have a shield she can safely eat them up from behind a shield tank. She works best on maps that are not wide open with weird angled terrain that make her orbs bounce into the sky. She needs a back up healer like Lucio or Zen.

Fade is amazing, especially when you flip behind the enemy team and heal orb back at your team while right clicking them down.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-19 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played her on another account and she tears it up as a smurf. Win every game with gold dmg, healing, kills, objective...everything. She literally carries the whole game. Sorta proof that she's only good against noobs as my main account she dies in seconds and can't do shit.
    BAD WOLF

I played her on another account and she tears it up as a smurf. Win every game with gold dmg, healing, kills, objective...everything. She literally carries the whole game. Sorta proof that she's only good against noobs as my main account she dies in seconds and can't do shit.
    I think people are using her too offensively and wasting fade on sneaking around rather than escape.

Though like Ana she outs fucked by barriers
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Sorry but I don't really think that's proof, not to be rude but based on your posts in the megathread it's impossible for you to make that claim, heroes like Tracer are also mediocre where you are and no one would claim she's bad.

Not saying Moira is incredible because I don't know and I haven't played her much but she certainly seems really good in deathballs.

I think people are using her too offensively and wasting fade on sneaking around rather than escape.

Though like Ana she outs fucked by barriers
    Doesn't she heal through barriers? I know she damages through it for sure.