Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So you say games aren't deserving of being there but can't name the games you think do deserve it and should replace them?

So you're basically just arguing because you have some crazy vendetta against those games and don't even know what games you would replace them with?

Glad to see you finished your argument here, it was getting pretty boring anyways. To sum it up "these games don't deserve it, idk what games do". That's your entire stance. Nice bro.
    I said 3 of the 5 games don’t deserve it (because technically one of them isn’t even release yet), didn’t say anything about the other two not deserving it, and then went on to say that HZD actually does deserve it. And yet here you are claiming I said otherwise. You’re welcome to go back and point out where I said differently. But good luck with that.

Ok, whatever man. You’re clearly either on Acid right now or just have zero reading comprehension skills. Either way, you have proven that you’ll just keep goal post moving or making shit up like you ALWAYS do until the other person just gives up and says “fuck it” with your dumbassery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    My claim was "You think SMO/BotW don't deserve to be in GotY, but based on this post, you think the rest are fine, yet they also suffer from the same issue you're criticizing SMO/BotW for".

Your rebuttal was "I never said that, don't put words into my mouth" and then you IMMEDIATELY quote Tech and say "Yeah PUBG and Horizon are okay on there, but PUBG is debatable". You didn't say it yet at the time, I made an assumption based off of what you said and logic, and it ended up being right.
    Every post you make you keep changing the wording and meaning of what you originally said. You’ve done that more times than I can count in the Switch thread and you’re doing it here again now. When someone calls you out on your shit, you just keep changing it until you make it sound like you supposedly wanted it to sound in the first place. And then act like the other person just never understood you all along. Newsflash: that’s not how it works.

It’s getting old and tiresome to say the least. For a moderator, you have a lot of dumbassery in your posts as well. Is Tech a second account of yours that you post in when you don’t want your moderator tag associated with what you say?
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-11-18 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I was very surprised that the music in BOTW is so 'low key'. At times there's nothing playing at all - which is a shame since my last Zelda game was Link's Awakening years and years ago on the Gameboy Advance and despite the limitations at the time it had strong music.

Nier's soundtrack is very distinct and incredible, though. It definitely deserves to win the music category.
    While I feel BotW's soundtrack enhances the game, I agree it's not very good "music."

Personally never heard any of the Nier soundtrack, so my personally GotY on music has to go to Odyssey. I enjoyed all of the game's tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Every post you make you keep changing the wording and meaning of what you originally said. You’ve done that more times than I can count in the Switch thread and you’re doing it here again now. When someone calls you out on your shit, you just keep changing it until you make it sound like you supposedly wanted it to say in the first place. And then act like the other person just never understood you all along. Newsflash: that’s not how it works.

It’s getting old and tiresome to say the least. For a moderator, you have a lot of dumbassery in your posts as well. Is Tech a second account of yours that you post in when you don’t want your moderator tag associated with what you say?
    Just because that company didn't make a game like that before doesn't suddenly mean they're groundbreaking or award winning.

If you're trying to discredit Mario because"its been done before", then you can discredit nearly everything because of that.
    My claim has been the same from the start.

If you have an issue with that, you can go back and re-read it all, none of it has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    While I feel BotW's soundtrack enhances the game, I agree it's not very good "music."

Personally never heard any of the Nier soundtrack, so my personally GotY on music has to go to Odyssey. I enjoyed all of the game's tracks.
    Honestly I can't even remember a song from BotW.

Persona 5 is the clear winner in that category to me, Odyssey had only a few that shone to me.

My claim has been the same from the start.

If you have an issue with that, you can go back and re-read it all, none of it has changed.

Honestly I can't even remember a song from BotW.

Persona 5 is the clear winner in that category to me, Odyssey had only a few that shone to me.
    You’re welcome to reread everything I said as well. None of it has changed either. You still trying to put words in my mouth or taking what I said out of context doesn’t make anything you said correct either....just in case you were confused on that part.

You’re welcome to reread everything I said as well. None of it has changed either. You still trying to put words in my mouth or taking what I said out of context doesn’t make anything you said correct either....just in case you were confused on that part.
    Do you disagree then that you're saying Horizon and PUBG deserve GotY more than Mario/Zelda?

Do you disagree then that you're saying Horizon and PUBG deserve GotY more than Mario/Zelda?
    I said PUBG doesn’t deserve it either simply because of the fact that it technically hasn’t officially released yet. Or did you miss that part as well in your quest to change what I actually said?

And I said out of all the candidates listed, HZD deserves it the most. Does it copy stuff from other games before it? Yeah. 99% of games do. But I also further iterated how it was a fresh, new IP that didn’t do business as usual with other games in the same series as it (because that’s impossible since it’s a new IP). My comments were directed at how Mario and Zelda are still just Mario and Zelda, even after all these years. It had nothing to do with how similar they are to other games. But as usual, you took what was said one way and just fucking ran with it to try and prove your own point (like you always do). And you’ve continued running with said point (even though said point was wrong) and then act like you’re right and I’m wrong on something that I never said in the first place (and just because you have a bad habit of misconstruing people doesn’t make you any more right on ANYTHING you’ve said......it just means your comprehension skills suck).

Are we done with this idiocy yet? Or are you gonna keep this up and pretending like you know what I meant to say better than I did?

I said PUBG doesn’t deserve it either simply because of the fact that it technically hasn’t officially released yet. Or did you miss that part as well in your quest to change what I actually said?
    No, I didn't. Re-read what I said, in comparison to Mario/Zelda. I already said a while back I noted your criticism of PUBG, but then in a recent post you adjusted that to being just because it hasn't fully released yet.

And I said out of all the candidates listed, HZD deserves it the most. Does it copy stuff from other games before it? Yeah. 99% of games do. But I also further iterated how it was a fresh, new IP that didn’t do business as usual with other games in the same series as it (because that’s impossible since it’s a new IP). My comments were directed at how Mario and Zelda are still just Mario and Zelda, even after all these years. It had nothing to do with how similar they are to other games. But as usual, you took what was said one way and just fucking ran with it to try and prove your own point (like you always do). And you’ve continued running with said point (even though said point was wrong) and then act like you’re right and I’m wrong on something that I never said in the first place (and just because you have a bad habit of misconstruing people doesn’t make you any more right on ANYTHING you’ve said......it just means your comprehension skills suck).

Are we done with this idiocy yet? Or are you gonna keep this up and pretending like you know what I meant to say better than I did?
    But it DID do business as usual is the thing. It took the groundwork of The Witcher 3, and just put its own spin on it. That's what I've been saying from the start, is that my issue with your claim is you're dismissing Mario and Zelda strictly based on the names, and not the actual games itself. Because if you played BotW/Odyssey, you wouldn't be claiming it was just "another Zelda game" or "Just another Mario game".

Because while BotW might have had some negative backlash about some annoyances, it's still nothing close to any of the previous Zeldas in terms of gameplay or style. It deviated from the norm, and I think it's dishonest to try to claim that it's just "another Zelda that sold because of nostalgia".

And as pointed out, this is only the 3rd Mario game in this style in regards to Odyssey. You literally are unable to lump all Mario games into one bucket, since they span multiple genres and styles. Sports, RPGs, 2D side scrollers, 3D adventures/platformers, party games, etc.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Horizon deserves it over Mario/Zelda. Hell, like I said earlier, I think Persona 5 deserves it the most. The issue that's being taken here is that you're only giving Horizon a free pass because it's not "Horizon 2". Which is silly. Judge the game for what it is, not based on how many came before it.

No, I didn't. Re-read what I said, in comparison to Mario/Zelda. I already said a while back I noted your criticism of PUBG, but then in a recent post you adjusted that to being just because it hasn't fully released yet.

But it DID do business as usual is the thing. It took the groundwork of The Witcher 3, and just put its own spin on it. That's what I've been saying from the start, is that my issue with your claim is you're dismissing Mario and Zelda strictly based on the names, and not the actual games itself. Because if you played BotW/Odyssey, you wouldn't be claiming it was just "another Zelda game" or "Just another Mario game".

Because while BotW might have had some negative backlash about some annoyances, it's still nothing close to any of the previous Zeldas in terms of gameplay or style. It deviated from the norm, and I think it's dishonest to try to claim that it's just "another Zelda that sold because of nostalgia".

And as pointed out, this is only the 3rd Mario game in this style in regards to Odyssey. You literally are unable to lump all Mario games into one bucket, since they span multiple genres and styles. Sports, RPGs, 2D side scrollers, 3D adventures/platformers, party games, etc.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Horizon deserves it over Mario/Zelda. Hell, like I said earlier, I think Persona 5 deserves it the most. The issue that's being taken here is that you're only giving Horizon a free pass because it's not "Horizon 2". Which is silly. Judge the game for what it is, not based on how many came before it.
    So you’re going to continue this nonsense. Good to know. Bye.

So you’re going to continue this nonsense. Good to know. Bye.
    If that's your way you respond to the facts, then fine, you have no intention of honestly discussing this.

my argument is mostly trash trying to say the other poster doesn't understand anything i'm saying like im from another planet,
    but really i've got no counterpoints that don't involve OMG COMPREHENSION, YOU DON'T GET ME BRO, WUT WUT WUT
    fixed for ya.

Post constructively. -Infracted Lucetia.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-11-18 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    fixed for ya.
    Thanks for showing your maturity level to all of us. Do you have anything worthwhile to actually add to the thread? No? Then the door is that way ->.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's your way you respond to the facts, then fine, you have no intention of honestly discussing this.
    It’s funny how you mention “honestly discussing” when you yourself keep changing what you say and constantly put words in other people’s mouths. It’s absolutely HILARIOUS. It’s obvious YOU have no intention of discussing anything of merit. The bar for entry as a moderator on this site must have reached an all time low when you joined the club.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...38150196158464

Nintendo of America is giving away five tickets to the 2017 Video Game Awards.

With this, I expect something big to be announced there that isn't BotW DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...38150196158464

Nintendo of America is giving away five tickets to the 2017 Video Game Awards.

With this, I expect something big to be announced there that isn't BotW DLC.
    Metroid Prime 4 trailer will likely be released the next couple months, so it might coincide with that. There's also the Pokemon rpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to jump in and give my thoughts to a few awards.

Best Direction: Breath of the Wild. Amazing world construction and everything feels natural and like it has a place in the universe. Everything is intuitive and well designed.

Best Narrative: Hellblade. Honestly, it deserves an honorable mention from it's premise alone, and the execution was as good as one could hope. Very original and I hope it inspires more.

Best Art Direction: Cuphead. They took a premise and ran with it, and, as above, executed it flawlessly.

Best Score: Persona 5. Not since Undertale could I listen to a song on loop for this long before I found it tiresome. This goes for every single Persona 5 track. Except the space one.

Games for Impact: Hellblade. Really hoping this game starts a trend.

Best ongoing Game: Warframe. Never played it, but I've heard such good things about it I believe it deserves recognition for what it does for it's fanbase.

Best VR: Resident Evil. A good return to form for one of the original survival horror series, and it feels like it was made for VR.

Best Action Game: Cuphead. A good amount the other nominees are heavier on story than action, and Nioh doesn't really innovate as much as Cuphead, despite being a good game.

Best RPG: Persona 5. JRPG masterpiece, nuff said.

Most Anticipated: Read Dead Redemption II.

Best Indie: Cuphead. While I believe Hellblade will be a bigger and more important influence on the gaming world than Cuphead, Cuphead is just a brilliant and fun game.

Best Esport: Overwatch.

GAME OF THE YEAR: PERSONA 5. It has it all. A unique, stylish art style. A brilliant soundtrack. A very satisfying combat system. Great narrative and characters. But what sets Persona 5 apart is the way the all blend together seamlessly. The music accents the combat, the visual style fits the music, and they all fit the story. Never before have I played something so absolutely POLISHED. Most games feel like they are developed with a checklist in mind, one that tries its hardest to check every box, and mold the game until it fits. Persona 5, however, isn't filling out a checklist. It's an experience. It's not a fast-food meal designed to fill you up, its the five-star restaurant multi-course meal the YOU plan for, rather than one that plans around you.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/06/a...d-celebrities/

In an interview with GamesBeat, Geroff says there will be two new game worlds shown off tomorrow night.

I said it like that, just in case it's not new IPs, but rather new areas in established franchises.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect the BOTW DLC to be announced

Def some more info on that kojima thingy

Said it once and I'll say it again.

If PUBG or Fortnite win a single award I won't be too thrilled that a game still in development won an award.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Said it once and I'll say it again.

If PUBG or Fortnite win a single award I won't be too thrilled that a game still in development won an award.
    I don't even care about the awards, all i want is more death stranding. Especially after Mads Mikellsons review of the script is "i dont get it".

Do people take these awards seriously for some reason? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do people take these awards seriously for some reason? >.>
    Eh little bit.

It just baffles me why games still in production are allowed to be eligible. Hence why I made that thread on it a while ago.