Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Closer than 1 million, ROFL!
    I wasn't quoting the 1million number, I was quoting your 100k, Do keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I would actually argue that Blizzard is just showing its professionalism by having this same guy announce classic servers, honestly people will find a way to complain about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    then vanilla isnt for u
    simple as that
    It's not really for me, no. Though I might play it out of curiosity if I have time, depending on how they deploy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

he was right tough, look at this forum, almost every post advocate for some sort of change in vanilla "you think you do, but you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I wasn't quoting the 1million number, I was quoting your 100k, Do keep up.
    Nitpicking over an inconsequential number... Yeah, this conversation is meaningless. Just as bad as someone arguing over semantics. Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Nitpicking over an inconsequential number... Yeah, this conversation is meaningless. Just as bad as someone arguing over semantics. Pathetic.
    So inconsequential you had to mention it in the first place, Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

The people that are against QOL improvements will change their mind when they actually get to sit down and play it. We aren’t kids with unlimited free time anymore.
    Oh aye.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You understand that J. Allen Brack was announcing this on purpose? Usually Ion does that stuff.

I don't know why, maybe he felt respondsible for this whole shitshow, maybe bigger guys told him to do it, maybe they just thought it will be very funny.

By the way, he was right in the first place and you find out in few years. It's simple - Vanilla crowd thinks that they want Vanilla servers, but in reality they want Vanilla EXPERIENCE - exploration of unknown game with people that explore it with you as well. It is impossible to recreate without some device to erase your memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    While there appear to be many genuinely wanting to play Classic, I think that phrase (you think you do...) is not wrong.

People are asking all kinds of changes. I'm predicting a lot of people chasing, and failing, to catch that childhood high they got from Classic. Time goldens all memories and all that jazz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    The people that are against QOL improvements will change their mind when they actually get to sit down and play it. We aren’t kids with unlimited free time anymore.
    So.. you think you want vanilla, but you don't.. clearly.

if you wanted vanilla, you would be 100% agianst QoL changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    isnt it extremely ironical that classic WoW this year was announced by j. allen brack ? the very same that said infamous 'you think you do, but you dont' phrase ?
    clearly mocking the person asking a question (about legacy servers) as if he was too stupid to gather group other way than dungeon finder

im not sure what was blizzard thinking, but i would cut him off from anything vanilla related at least from PR side of things

i find it offensive and disrespectful to whole WoW community, especially those who wanted legacy servers

heres the link to full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE
    I would understand your views until I saw threads about QoL wishes, and other bigger changes other than bug fixes.

And no, I don't mind his comment, I found it fine, no problems with it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    So.. you think you want vanilla, but you don't.. clearly.

if you wanted vanilla, you would be 100% agianst QoL changes.
    I don’t want vanilla. I want Classic. I have a job and a family and other shit to do.
    Oh aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Well let's say 1 million people really wanted a Classic server. They ask for it and get "you think you do but you don't" in return.
    After a year they finally announce the development of a Classic Server.
    But now every Tim and Tom who did not gave it any thought before jumps in, spouting out their ideas on how it should be.

The people who wanted Classic Servers, still do.
    Now there is only a loud majority who never wanted them in the first place, but only will play them if it fits their desires.

Again, Classic Servers should be as Authentic as possible, if you want Legion QoL, Classic is not for you.
    No...It's not just 'outsiders' asking for some changes, people who played vanilla and asked for it do as well. Not all, some do. You're not a goddamned hive-mind.

Brack was pretty on the nose.

Deleted
    With the amount of changes people want to "classic" 'you think you do, but you don't' I would say was pretty accurate to be fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    I don’t want vanilla. I want Classic. I have a job and a family and other shit to do.
    Then retail is the game for you. Let the die hard, hardcore vanilla player base have their game. Do not ruin it for them. Again, if you have limited time, retail is the game for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Well let's say 1 million people really wanted a Classic server. They ask for it and get "you think you do but you don't" in return.
    After a year they finally announce the development of a Classic Server.
    But now every Tim and Tom who did not gave it any thought before jumps in, spouting out their ideas on how it should be.

The people who wanted Classic Servers, still do.
    Now there is only a loud majority who never wanted them in the first place, but only will play them if it fits their desires.

Again, Classic Servers should be as Authentic as possible, if you want Legion QoL, Classic is not for you.
    Does authentic as possible come with a lobotomy kit to forget everything?
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Classic is Vanilla. There is no difference.

Play retail if you can't find the time to play Vanilla, because it's not being made for you.
    Classic is looking like its shaping up to be different than vanilla. If you want a true vanilla experience, you might have to find a private server. But we’re all just speculating here. I guess we should all stop acting like we know what its going to be like since we have no way of knowing, and probably will not know anything for a year or more.
    Oh aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    There is a large group of us who wanted Vanilla at it's core but still want QoL changes. Examples would be faster flight paths, dual specs, hunter and lock QoL changes, possibly some better class balancing (not ability changes but number tuning) and I'm sure there's many other small stuff.
    So basically: "You think you do, but you don't."

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If you are talking about the dev QA, they didn't make that clear at all. Ion just said they won't be moving away from the original community and inconveniences. They just want to know which time period to start it in. That has nothing to do with being a clone.
    It'll be a clone. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    It'll be a clone. Thank you.
    That's your opinion and i respect that.