Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    That was a part of the game that was shit. Stop glorifying terrible things. I remember leveling to 60 as ret and being barred from joining raids unless I specced holy. Go fuck yourself with that shit. You will see remarkable under representation if it goes live like that. We aren't stupid enough to level the wrong class on accident anymore.
    The vanilla feeling and experience was build not only on the good but also on the very bad aspects of the game.

To many changes, especially on the bad things and missing comfort will result in a whole new experience/game.

The main goal is to give people without original vanilla exp the opportunity to get some. To see how everything begun not only lore-wise but also technically.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2017-11-18 at 12:54 PM.

by patch 1.12 the classes were fairly balanced. Hubrid dps had been buffed to the point where they were useful in raids as buffers and support. p servers all use 1.12.1 and you see plenty of ret palas lvling (and doing good dmg), both prot palas and feral druids can tank... every class has good pve and pvp specs where they exel at their own thing. It's not like today where everyone can do everything. Palas can heal, warriors can reduce healing, palas can aoe tank, warriors are best boss tanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    stop moaning as if this is a major issue.

you can't have classes being useless and not being selected for vanilla content. that is just silly argument to want that the same.

keep all the content the same and just introduce balance to the classes which given the years of exp at attempting this, Blizzard should be able to achieve to some extent.

at least enough of a balance that everything can be cleared assuming you know how to play your class/spec and are geared.

very simple solution and not a reason to be screaming the sky is falling.
    No changes. Get over it or go and play Legion.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I've said in another thread, there is no magic button to "balance" the classes, this button doesn't even exist now.

How do you "fix" certain specs even? Take Prot Pally for example, this spec needs a lot of love to be a "real" tank:

1.A Taunt, Pally didn't have one, so you need a new ability.
    2.Way to generate threat while not having aggro, since most bosses were taunt immune.
    3.Way to regenerate Mana.

It's obviously possible to do these things, but you enter dangerous territory.

Up until Cata, Hybrid specs were not super uncommon, especially if powerful talents were deep in another tree, some holy pallies specced deep into prot to get additional mana reg during Wotlk, Some PvP Resto Druids specced into Moonkin form during BC to get additional mana regeneration.

When in doubt, don't change it, that should be the rule of thumb for the Vanilla servers.

NO some people like to play underdog class/specs

You can view the specs/class as game difficulty

Rogues/mages = novice
    priests/warlock/hunters = normal
    Warriors/shaman = hard
    ret paladin/feral druid =legendary

A ret paladin with corrupted ashbringer/GM gear and other endgame gear will be much more impressive than a mage or rogue with equal gear and some people want that challenge because the reward is sweeter

Deleted
    Disagree. Blizzard should put Classic up at the final patch before BC pre-patch and just leave it. No future additions, no future tweaks/changes. Just leave it at that. This is what the Vanilla crowd shouted for years to get. Let them have it. Already seen a few posts on MMO Champ about possible future 'content patches' for Classic etc. Nope. You didn't ask for an alternate WoW timeline, you asked for Vanilla and that's exactly what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarp89 View Post
    Disagree. Blizzard should put Classic up at the final patch before BC pre-patch and just leave it. No future additions, no future tweaks/changes. Just leave it at that. This is what the Vanilla crowd shouted for years to get. Let them have it. Already seen a few posts on MMO Champ about possible future 'content patches' for Classic etc. Nope. You didn't ask for an alternate WoW timeline, you asked for Vanilla and that's exactly what it should be.
    Why are people like you so salty? I have noticed so many of you saying "No, that's what they wanted, let them have it and f* them, hope they suffer upon what they asked for" basically.

Is it because you are afraid it takes away resources from the main game? No, they are hiring a completely different team for that, don't worry about our main game, no content will be cut because of that, there's plenty of other reasons why content will be cut, that won't be one of them.

I didn't start in Vanilla, I see legit points in each side but why even bother with that attitude? Let them have their own discussion or reply constructive stuff while caring for the experience.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, don't touch them. If you're a paladin, you're healing. I had to suffer it before, I can suffer it again. Shit wasn't even hard though, just tedious compared to modern healing. If you let people play nub specs, you may end up in a crazy world where Ret could be good in Vanilla after a rework and garbage in live. I don't want to imagine such a nightmare.

Vanilla is vanilla or it's not. I know a lot of people are fine with it not being but still, I'd rather it be just as bad as it was for nub specs. You have to have bad specs so you can spot baddies right off the bat. That's a core part of how the game was back then. If everything is viable or even just not shit, you basically have a big Timewalking experience not a Vanilla one. Again, lots of people fine with that but it's not Vanilla. A key part of the game is having to accept that some specs are just bad and you shouldn't play them because they suck. Some specs are just for soloing, just for PVP, just for certain tiers and so on. That is a very important part of the experience.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

The problem I see with balancing the classes is as follows: the difficult part of classic was mostly to get enough useful classes to overweigh your bottom end classes dps and utility wise. The spread between dps classes was much bigger than today, and you justcouldn't level a new toon in three days and be ready to raid.
    If you start balancing the classes, the content would be much more trivial, and classic lived to a certain amount from this organisantional things - how many useful classes we need to counter the sucky sucky dps of a ret paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpfling View Post
    The problem I see with balancing the classes is as follows: the difficult part of classic was mostly to get enough useful classes to overweigh your bottom end classes dps and utility wise. The spread between dps classes was much bigger than today, and you justcouldn't level a new toon in three days and be ready to raid.
    If you start balancing the classes, the content would be much more trivial, and classic lived to a certain amount from this organisantional things - how many useful classes we need to counter the sucky sucky dps of a ret paladin.
    I think the bigger issue on "balancing" would be having to not only give specs talents they didn't have it also means creating tier sets for the hybrids that were not all about healing. As a player who will delve into Classic for the memories and the lols, I would prefer to see some QoL and Balance issues addressed but I also understand the slippery slope of going down that path and in essence ruining the original game experience.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    stop moaning as if this is a major issue.

you can't have classes being useless and not being selected for vanilla content. that is just silly argument to want that the same.

keep all the content the same and just introduce balance to the classes which given the years of exp at attempting this, Blizzard should be able to achieve to some extent.

at least enough of a balance that everything can be cleared assuming you know how to play your class/spec and are geared.

very simple solution and not a reason to be screaming the sky is falling.
    No, keep classes the same.
    One of the most important (and tedious/badly designed) parts of Vanilla is the class balance.
    People want to play Vanilla, you give them Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

That was a part of the game that was shit. Stop glorifying terrible things. I remember leveling to 60 as ret and being barred from joining raids unless I specced holy. Go fuck yourself with that shit. You will see remarkable under representation if it goes live like that. We aren't stupid enough to level the wrong class on accident anymore.
    Hahaha, dude ...we are not forcing you to play classic servers,u know that ? Don't like it , don't play it .Or ask for TBC/WOTLK servers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    "we want vanilla"

but we want class balance , transmog , account mounts , looking for group , name change , server change , dual spec , raid buffs , no buff mats , wow tokens , and new raids

oh wait you got all that.. play the lattest version of the game.. poeple wanted classic for a reason just stop wanting stuff now why not enjoy the old feeling , if you dont like it dont play it?
    Don't put words into OP's (or anyone else's) mouth. We're only discussing class balance right now.

Fully agree with the OP.

Thats why there is retail. Leave it as it was in vanilla each class had only one efficient role in 40 man raids and it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Fuck you OP
    Relax babes.

On topic, you should search YT for the Blizzcon '05 Dev's discussion on classes concerning balance and lore. Whilst their philosophy does make the game sound very dated it also makes alot of sense and is one of the things that appeals to this crowd of Legacy fans. Classic WoW is not a modern MMORPG, you start tweaking nobs and dials here and there and it starts to become a very different game. I think those that really want to play Classic WoW don't care that Mages are better DPS that Locks, or Priests are better healers than Druids. They don't care that raiding requires way more preparation than in modern WoW or that level cap cannot be reached in a 10 hour sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepsAtDay View Post
    What the heck is a retailer, and why are people throwing it around like a perjorative?
    Because being a paying customer of a company you actually expect something from is apparently detestable.

As rational as this post is there's 0 chance of everyone agreeing with this. Apparently some of the charm of Vanilla was having actual useless class specs, god knows why.

If classes were re-balanced and the rest of the content remained the same I think that's a successful upgrade from retail Vanilla. It's all that's probably needed to improve the experience aside from maybe some graphical updates.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If you actually want Vanilla then you don't want rebalanced classes, because changing the game mechanics makes it not Vanilla anymore.
    I want Vanilla content with rebalanced classes. But even more than that, I want y'all to stop telling me what I want.

And now you know different, if you pick paladin you will be bless and heal bot. If you wanna do DPS pick some other class. People should adapt to the game, not the other way around.

I think the important thing is to find a balance, where you dont change anything important, because vanilla nostalgia trips will work best, when everything is as you rember it, but change enough to make the annoing people flaming "retailers" boykott the game, because I cant reall see a vanilla server being all that enjoying, when you have to constantly hear about how everyone but them is not a "real" fan.

Kidding aside, I think blizzard has made it pretty clear that the arent considering non vanilla ideas - so maybe we can stop the holy crusade against the heathens now^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."