Poll: Which names?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I try to make names that sound like fantasy names, but I might not always succeed

10+ Year Old Account
    I give my characters something that matches their race. Examples:

My leading draenei: Naaluru
    One of my elves: Felurian
    My goblin: Miggie

It's what I aim for when I make new. My only exception is my pig tailed death knight named Spiffy.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    I name them names that not nescarly fit for Rp but still are serious names no jokes/memes or anything like that, and female characters il name something that fits for female.
    like my monks name is same as my user name on mmochampion.

A mix of all

Erectos my priest keeps people up
    Garonja is my warrior from TBC who obviously is named after a certain halforc, but sufficiently distinct for me
    Braintoast is my shammy named after a joke from a friendt

My current naming scheme the last few years has been characters from books I've read (Wheel of Time, Malazan Book of the Fallen, Stormlight Archieve etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Always serious, I have to like the name I give myself. If it bugs me, I'll delete it.

I take my character names very seriously. I spend hours trying to come up with names and always write down the good ones for future use in other games or on other WoW realms.

Examples:

Shinrael (blood/night elf, hunter/demon hunter)
    Yuute (female pandaren monk, it means gentle hands transl. from Japanese)
    Choupei (male pandaren monk)
    Athelos (human warrior/paladin, blood elf paladin, draenei paladin, means independent in Greek)
    Aranor (human warrior/paladin)
    Ryalor (draenei shaman, warrior)
    Ravael (worgen male)
    Xanar (Death Knight)
    Solarion (male human/blood elf fire mage)
    Elunaria (female night elf priest/druid/hunter)
    Tyrisu (fem draenei priest/paladin)
    Azyriel (blue haired female night elf/draenei caster)
    Araen (male tauren druid, male draenei shaman)
    Anrael (female blood elf)

And there are about 50 more names in my notepad file xD Each has its own fantasy and appropriate races/classes/genders/etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I take naming my characters very seriously, I make sure to name all my characters after types of cheese.

DK: Casumarzu
    Mage: Parmigiano
    Hunter: Colby
    DH: Camembert
    Druid: Mozzarella
    Shaman: Haloumi
    Paladin: Tasty

Names that piss me off are ones that sound like someone's screen name.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I used to try and name characters by combining their names and class lol. My first character I got past level 10 was a human warlock named Hulock. Easy to see how human warlock turned into that lol. I started to veer from that when Cata dropped and I couldn't figure out a good name for a worgen druid. I ended up with Drowen after a while. Initially tried to take my two original names (Hulock / Drowen) and change them slightly for each character (Drowenga, a dwarf shaman, or Hulocka, a night elf monk). Afterwards I gave them names that seemed relatively in character, like Erinus the Draenei paladin. Usually just randomize name now and make something out of some names I saw I liked.

It depends if it's a gnome

For my main i use a Seriously name but for the alts casuals names and for the Bankers i use Funny names

I usually try to come up with something clever and/or funny, and if nothing's available, then I try to come up with a fantasy name, something class-related first, after that I'll start borrowing from other universes.

For example, my monk Telemachus is based on a character from tv show Andromeda, whose name is based on a roman general. (first idea was Boyka ofc)

Mine was named for black head (aka a pimple) being the ugly little gnome he was

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    third serious, third funny, third SJW memey

Called myself Snowflake (with some ascii letters bullshit) was a night elf frost mage. :/

Before that I had a Shaman named fruit

and before that I had an undead death knight named "Lovely" thought that fit fell.

AND BEFORE THAT I had my very first 'main' a belf paladin called moomoosheep.

Deleted
    Unless your name contains shadow, killer or chaos in some form, you have failed.

Majority is serious. My Paladin is named Shaman, my Shaman is named Blowhero and my Mage is named Tablespec. I think those are the only funny ones I have.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Daillemand = Rogue = "diamond"
    It's my main.
    Then i use "Daille" to name my rerolls :

Daillelock = Warlock
    Daillebreak = Paladin = "daybreak"
    Daillebeam = DH
    Dailleblind = another DH
    Dailleblast = Shaman
    Daillemourne = DK
    Daillewild = Hunter
    Daillemorph = Druid
    Daillezone = Warrior = "dyson" like the fans
    Daillemoine = Monk = "moine" means "monk" in French

For me it's better to create it's own "brand" around one name (for me it's Daille) because it's easier for guildies to recognize yourself when you have a lot of characters.

And the other advantage : it feels better to play with a handcrafted named than with another's known name (we can see a lot of Valkyrie or Illidan or Arthas or Anubis..)

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    Unless your name contains shadow, killer or chaos in some form, you have failed.
    I had seen a Gnome Warrior named "Mallfuurion"... i was crying for this shame !
    Last edited by mmoce75d07e829; 2017-11-19 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    The name creation screen haunts me in every game...
    No truer words have ever been spoken

OT: I have found myself with a mixture. My main is named after a Druidic type person in stargate, another after an epic hero. But then my warlock is named ellipsis and my gnome mage is tiggywinkles

No idea if it's serious, casual or funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to name them seriously and have a general rule that if a name is taken I won't add accents.

I really can't stand seeing names like Déàthlörd or whatever.. JUST TAKE SOMETHING ELSE >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is named seriously, then everything else is some variation of that, usually to clear up the class.