• You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances

22 6.16%
  • You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic

88 24.65%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    No. You want vanilla to equal classic. Classic will be whatever Blizzard decides it will be.

you must be lacking by not comprehending what they mean by announcing "wow classic" servers with talks about "vanilla means vanilla" "some people want chocolate and cookies and cream but you want vanilla"
    classic will be exactly what people have wanted in these petitions
    https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-11-19 at 04:48 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

As far as I understand it they are going to be remaking it in the new engine so that shouldn't be an issue. Their old code just doesn't want to run on the modern hardware they have at server-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Ion isn't part of the development of it so his say is nothing but an opinion to appeal to people like you. If he could, he'd probably make it as much an RNG fest as possible with paragon caches everywhere for old factions...
    ion is the lead developer of "world of warcraft" that means everything wow he leads it now

but they need extra staff to build vanilla servers so it doesn't delay battle for azeroth content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone truly believes that 'classic' will have long term staying power as pure, unmodified, vanilla. I'm not really saying for sure either way, just a thought process. I tend to lean towards it will need to be modified to stick, as rehashing vanilla in its pure form wont have the financial prowess they're looking for. It might be fun for a while, but some of us old timers will be 'been there, done that'. If it 'saves' WoW as unmodded vanilla, then great, sounds fun, but I dont have a lot of confidence in that.
    hopefully they don't touch a thing or else they would start to lose money and then complains about "we want vanilla servers" would begin again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why do the same fucking threads appear every other day.
    it's the wow classic sub forum
    that might have something to do with it >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vuxul View Post
    Active since Vanilla and would like smaller changes like auto-loot as well as new character models,
    So essentially pure vanilla with a slightly better UI and toggle for new character models.
    Well, perhaps remove Weapon Skills,
    that's not vanilla
    you don't know what vanilla/classic wow means

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    you must be super thick to not comprehend what they mean by announcing "wow classic" servers with talks about "vanilla means vanilla" "some people want chocolate and cookies and cream but you want vanilla"
    classic will be exactly what people have wanted in these petitions
    https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community
    And you seem to be mistaking your own opinion for fact. Just because what you want is pure, untouched vanilla doesn't mean that's what Classic will be. The fact that they are listening to player feedback and encouraging discussion indicates it isn't set in stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Actually I would say some TBC level class changes and no to any convenience fluff like auto loot and character models.
    it's not classic/vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Incorrect. Private servers can do it on the old engine. So can Blizzard.
    blizzard moddified the engine though

I just want quality of life changes to piss off all the people who want a pure classic wow server but i would want those changes anyways if i really wanted to play it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    as a very experienced and alot more accomplished than majority of visiters to mmo-c in both wow and real life.

it is my professional opinion that balance changes and a decrease of 40man raids to the more recent 30 player scalable is a must for classic.

i would hate to see classic servers fail because my advice was not taken.
    classic would fail as a result of your "advice"
    people want vanilla
    not chocolate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaturtle View Post
    Just put it at one of the later patches with all the content out, fix bugs and it will be good to go. Classic wow would still offer a shit ton of content since If I recall you still couldn't quite skip raid tiers. Even just getting to raids would keep most busy for months.
    fixing non server bugs is not vanilla/classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    it's not classic/vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard moddified the engine though
    Then it'll be even easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand it they are going to be remaking it in the new engine so that shouldn't be an issue. Their old code just doesn't want to run on the modern hardware they have at server-side.
    that's not what they said
    they said they lost the old code
    and with the donated server blades back in possesion
    they finally have some or most of the old code to know where to start from

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    And you seem to be mistaking your own opinion for fact.
    yet that's just your opinion................................ not fact

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I just want quality of life changes to piss off all the people who want a pure classic wow server but i would want those changes anyways if i really wanted to play it!
    go play retail and level a new alt with gray items

Last line was more thought as a joke, seems I didn't reenter the smiley when I rewrote it. As much as I hate them its still part of the vanilla experience. However, I am more than capable of understanding what I would want from the "Vanilla" experience when everything I would want extra would end up as toggeleble/client-side stuff. My immersion is not broken by endlessly clicking items in the loot window instead of just looking at the log. Simple UI fix and doesn't detract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it'll be even easier.
    i wasn't paying attention to what your comment plot was about
    so i don't know what is easier

wow engine is warcraft engine moddified with call of duty engine
    it's a hybrid
    atleast thats what i read about years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    i wasn't paying attention to what your comment plot was about
    so i don't know what is easier
    That explains a lot.

New Character models as an option in Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last line was more thought as a joke, seems I didn't reenter the smiley when I rewrote it. As much as I hate them its still part of the vanilla experience. However, I am more than capable of understanding what I would want from the "Vanilla" experience when everything I would want extra would end up as toggeleble/client-side stuff. My immersion is not broken by endlessly clicking items in the loot window instead of just looking at the log. Simple UI fix and doesn't detract.
    it doesn't matter if it's client side
    it's like someone cooking you a soup with lots of mushrooms in it and you hate mushrooms and they tell you to "just pick them out"
    yet the taste LINGERS

- - - Updated - - -

That explains a lot.

New Character models as an option in Classic.
    it's not vanilla
    you're not experiencing vanilla if it existed

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not vanilla
    you're not experiencing vanilla if it existed
    I'd be experiencing vanilla just fine.

The gameplay would be intact, my game would just look better without me having to use some third party mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Indeed... people always claim the greatness of Vanilla's community, but if toxic purists like him are of any indication of what it'd be like I have zero interest in relating with such a community now.

Like I said earlier, Blizzard are getting fed up of these purists on their forums having to lock threads due to the toxicity and hostility they portray who continually bash others with their superiority complex.
    News to no-one. It's the toxicity and asshattery of that crowd that turned so many against the idea and their "community".

Its more as if a person is cooking soup with mushrooms and decides to make a portion without them for those that dislike them. If you want the original experience then its fine, but others using toggles for this isn't harming our experience.
    Or am i at fault and there is a huge social experience with me not clicking at the loot-window?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaturtle View Post
    Just put it at one of the later patches with all the content out, fix bugs and it will be good to go. Classic wow would still offer a shit ton of content since If I recall you still couldn't quite skip raid tiers. Even just getting to raids would keep most busy for months.
    Amen to this ^

But then again, there are "purists" not even wanting bug fixes... They're never going to please that crowd.

yet that's just your opinion................................ not fact
    Dude... Let me paraphrase your points.

Vanilla = Classic

This is your opinion. We don't know what Classic is yet. We have bits and pieces of info. Hell, Blizzard is taking feedback so they don't know what it definitely is yet.

Classic needs to be pure Vanilla to flourish
    This is again your opinion. We don't know this and we can't know this.

Any change to the original Vanilla experience invalidates Classic
    Again, your opinion. You don't want it to be different so that somehow means that if it is different, it isn't valid.

Jumping down people's throats the second they don't agree with your opinion isn't going to make Classic any more the perfect version of Vanilla you want. Try accepting the fact that maybe, just maybe people have different opinions that, shock of all shocks, are just as valid as your own.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Funny how you miss the entire point of that video even though the initial conversation is explaining it to your face..
    Funny thing, but initial conversations tells exactly "Rogues were OP, so all kids and their grannies started to play them". Do you understand, that before diminishing returns were added to CC, Rogues could keep enemy CCed forever? Blizzard will never allow it, cuz not many people knew all this things back then, but now every player knows everything about this game and if some exploit would exist - everybody would abuse it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im really starting to see a pattern here. The guys who spat on the thought of vanilla at the time of nost are trying to worm back into the fold to get as much current retail as possible into vanilla.