Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7.0 - 7.1 : 8//10
    7.2 - 7.3.5 : 6/10

8/10

+PVE was excellent loved the raids and dungeons and mythic+
    +Content amount was incredible
    +Enjoyed the game systems
    +PVP was okay, it took too long to be balanced and FC's constantly changed (MW was OP for way too long)
    +World Quests are amazing
    +Lots of QoL improvements
    +Excellent zones, lore and music

-AP was a good design but the grind before and during Nighthold were awful
    -Raid tuning was kind of bad (for mythic), ToV, NH and ToS all had a bad ramp up. We shall see for Antorus.
    -RNG a bit much. Paragon boxes are a fucking stupid design.
    -PVP honor prestige system is badly timed, too many levels added for each patch (should be 3 instead of 4)
    -The Broken Shore as a whole was a bad zone
    -Some class design was bad and some specs ruined

For reference:

WoD was a 6,
    MoP was a 9,
    Cataclysm a 6,
    WotLK an 8,
    BC was a solid 7.5
    and Vanilla was a 7.
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2017-11-20 at 05:29 AM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

I didn't like legion very much, that is to say I didn't play WOD.
    People for some reason rate legion higher than it should because it came right after WOD (so they use WOD as parameters) but it was the least fun I've had playing WoW since forever, even cataclysm was more appealing to me than Legion.
    I often feel like playing something completely different than what I picture WoW and an MMO to be, especially because I tend to PvP a lot and Legion PvP was the single most boring game I have ever played (while seasons 7 and 8 of wrath were the top experience I have had). Maybe this was different for people than only PvE, but for Legion I'd give it a 4/10 - having Argus as an end-game quest-zone was cool, but everything else felt bet - Small zones, not deep enough dive into the lore, a lot of messed up lore content, a full anti-RPG dive into PvP with templates and PvP talents and a push away from skill-oriented game because of prunning.

7+ Year Old Account
    2/10 lore

8/10 the rest apart from the RNG, oneshot world pvp bullshit and infinite ap farm
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-11-20 at 05:19 AM.

Legion's probably tied for best expansion for me.

The issues most people cite (Leg system and WF/TF) don't really both me, because it all kinda works out in the end (like the Devs say every interview). I think I'd be a little more tilted about it if I played a pure DPS class and not having a certain legendary. The PvP templates are great in theory but dogshit in implementation. M+ has been probably the best thing they've added to the game in a very, very long time. I've liked all the raid content, sans M Helya and M Avatar/KJ. ToS on heroic was great, but mythic was somewhat poop.

8.5/10

It'll be interesting to see how BfA shapes up over the next few years. I think it'll get a bad rap simply due to to it following Legion.

Artifact power, titanforging and legiondaries ruined the expansion for me.

It joins cataclysm as the only two expansions I've quit in.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the best expansion so far. On top with MoP.

Artifact Power and Legendaries ruined what was otherwise a very decent expansion. I enjoyed Legion on my Main for the most part but could only be bothered to level 2 of my other 4 alts to max level because even with catch-up mechanisms they wouldn't have been remotely progressed enough to be viable. Also, having a Shaman healer that I level usually as Elemental and a DK that I always levelled as a Tank but dpsed at Max level the AP grind and talent changes (couldn't just switch to blood presence for a dk anymore) were even more depressing to consider doing. As a casual player who doesn't believe I need the same gear as raiders etc this was still a very unfriendly alt expansion that ruined it for me. Did appreciate the questing experience and world quests (as opposed to hubs) and the story was okay but this is the 1st expansion since Vanilla I haven't maxed all 5 of my toons and stopped playing earlier than I would have otherwise so that says it all for me about how I feel about Legion. The being said will probably buy the next expansion...months played is to be determined.

3/10.

Not as bad, as MOP was, where I had literally zero content to do and was unsubbed most of the time, but worse, than WOD, that was 5/10 due to terrible first half of xpack, when I was unsubbed, but overall good experience after flying was unlocked, so I still play it and will continue playing. And Legion has nothing beyond leveling to 110, doing several WQs to get 850 loot and getting Order Hall resources from time to time to keep running gold missions at mission table. That's it - just a boring grindfest.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be a solid 8 or 9/10 if not for:

PvP templates causing more issues than they solve. They fix nothing the old system was incapable of fixing, they cause problems by using Str/Agi/Int to tune damage instead of individual ability adjustment, which results in unwarranted survivability nerfs every time they nerf a class's damage, and to top it all off, they don't work in WPvP and duels... Arguably the only good thing PvP templates do is normalize ilvl in instanced PvP, which could have been done (and was done, just not at max level, every bracket below cap had ilvl normalized, could have just extended that to level cap) with the old system.

PvP talents existing... They are mostly pruned stuff we used to have baseline, which is just insulting.

Class design being a dumpster fire, the prune, them butchering my favorite class/spec (Ret Paladin), and my second favorite class/spec (Sub Rogue) in the name of "class fantasy" (they actually ruined the fantasy of both in my opinion).

After that, I give it a 4/10.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-20 at 05:39 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

For me it is far from being as good as WOTLK or BC. I would even argue that Cata was better before DS. I only played first tier in MoP and last tier in WoD so can't really compare with these two.

Content and story line was gated too much and most of the "1 story quest per week" every patch is really boring design in my opinion. You get to play a 10min(sometimes less) quest every week for 2 months only to know the story which is really long and made me lose interest quite fast.

Loot is way too RNG compared to other expansions.

There's a fake community feeling as you see a lot of players everywhere but there's no interactions whatsoever between players at any given time. This is true even for LFD. (Cross realm/ merged realm is also to blame)

Raiding has been great but was away in Japan from the start of the xpac until middle of 7.2 then came back to Canada for 2 months and went back to Japan and still are. So I was only able to raid with my guild for 2 months during the whole xpac so I had to pug which is really REALLY bad with all the damn trolls in every damn group. (I also blame cross realm/merged realm for this also as there's no more consequences in your actions as going in the same group with the same players at a different time is really unlikely to happen so people don't care and troll.)

Artifact was great at the start but it really became dull after first tier.

Legendaries are really a bad design, balancing classes around them was stupid and making them give you so much power was also stupid. Legendaries became way too common in Legion. They don't feel legendary anymore as they used to.

Mythic+ has been great, love it.

Zones were beautiful but too many enemies on the roads making flying a QOL much needed. (make roads safe again plz) (especially true for Argus)
    Pretty sure that making roads safe again would make the "pro-flying" players reconsider their stance on flying.

Classe rework was horrible for many classes, too much pruning, making all abilities spec specific was in my opinion a HUGE MISTAKE. The "Class" should be defined by the abilities and not the "Spec". Specialization means you specialize into something meaning that those specific spells will be stronger but doesn't mean other tools/spells leaning towards other specs should be removed when choosing another spec. (This is my biggest complaint for this xpac)

Titanforge sure is fun but it shouldn't go above mythic raiding gear and mythic gear shouldn't be allowed to titanforge/warforge.

Normal difficulty in raids is too easy, it feels like the LFR of Cata. People almost don't even need to follow mechanics and pugs can beat it easily on the first day of release. (titanforging is also part of the reason)

I did PvP in all other xpacs and legion has been pure shit for PvP.

Overall Legion has been a 6/10 for me. Not bad but not great either. I'm a bit scared to go into Bfa and see most of these things not changing but I know I will try it anyway so hopefully they learned from legion and will make it better.
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2017-11-20 at 05:32 AM.

It is not for my playstyle and I'm someone who wants, and can play a lot. But not for artifact power, rnglegendaries and world quests... It doesn't mean anything for me, and there's really nothing else. I mean if I go out and farm ore/herb for 4-5 hours, then I sell them so I can buy a mount or pet. Yeah, sure. When I step bck and look back on the time I spent on all this, I say "yeah, worth it". Is artifact weapon that we will throw away worth all the invested time? Farming artifact power and emissary boxes beyond exalted, shit no.
    It feels like a change from carefully handcrafted items made just for you (reps, drops, rewards, dungeon difficulty) to mass production with all the generated and time gated and scaling content.
    Last edited by Lei; 2017-11-20 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story is good. Not awesome, because I don't like this stuff with Argus titan jumped out of nowhere and the ending looks messy, though it might be better on live.

Gameplay-wise I didn't like this expansion. I don't like every single new feature: artifact power, legendaries, titanforging, dailies.

Mythic+ is the best invention in WoW since the beginning.

It's hard to place the expansion among others, every expansion had it good and bad sides. Overall I think WoD was the best expansion in the WoW followed by Cata. I didn't experience TBC, so can't say much about it. Legion is somewhere along wotlk, with good and bad.

Deleted
    Antorus isnt out yet so cant fulyl Judge, but id still rate wod better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What I've learned about Legion is that lots of people hate actually putting time into the game it seems and so complain about AP and Legos
    its not about that, its about the developers actually choosing what I must do in the game instead of myself.
    I prefer being able to pick what I'm going to do instead of having that option chosen for me.

Professional?? Lol you are playing a game it isn’t a job even if you play it like it is one. I found the experience of this expansion rather nice, all the introduction quests for the artifact weapons were great. Raids were fine, m+ gave a lot for people to grind. Still more left in this expansion so let’s see if it lasts. One thing I am a bit sour on is the ap grind, it isn’t all that rewarding or exciting to do, and there is a lot of it still left for me to do.

6/10. Too many horrible design choices to be any higher for me.

Wotlk 10/10
    MoP 9/10
    TBC 8.5/10
    Cata 7/10
    Legion 6/10
    WoD 5/10

My personal ranking.

A solid 6.0.

a) The story "jumped-the-shark."
    b) Interdimensional demons with spaceships... gag.
    c) Diablo III gameplay rammed down our throats.
    d) RNG on top of RNG.
    e) ...

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd rate it a solid 8/10 honestly.

There are lots of hits, such as mythic+, world quests (simple iteration on dailies but much more interesting), some really good raids, decent if not exceptional story and lore, good steady content patches, etc.

Unfortunately there are a few misses with it, the AP system was interesting at the start but its really gotten stale, the smallish zones, legendaries are cool but the method of getting them was incredibly slow for a long time and really ruined the experience. Ironically I consider the 'trash' legendaries to be the most interesting, the ones that change a CC spell into a damaging ability, or give you a ton of movement, etc. While the most powerful ones that simply add a spell charge or reduce the cooldown on something are very very boring.

So yeah mostly hits but a few misses bring the total score down.

On a side note I'm trying to work out why people are rating Wrath a 10, is it just because its when you started playing or raiding or whatever? Because I remember the Argent Torment (not a spelling mistake)...

Would probably say it has been my favorite expansion, on par with TBC. There's only a few minor things I can think about that bug me, but I loved it. Legendary system got a lot of criticism but I love it. It rewards you for doing as much content as possible, and changes the way you can play your spec and makes switching out gear based on encounter fun.

Would like to have seen more congruity with the DH class abilities/talents, and fantasy.

Skeptical of changes in BfA, and something tells me Legion will be my favorite xpac for a while yet.