Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You can argue this until you're blue in the face, but comp and picks are a part of teamwork. If you aren't getting reports then you've simply been lucky.
    Once again your ignoring the actual rules (because u dont like them or dont understand them) and not providing any evidence that comps and picks are a legitimate reason to report some one for poor team work. Your simply asserting something to be true because it suits you. Unfortunately in the real world that's not how games are played.

still no ban after hundreds of reports against me over a few seasons of playing attack torb now hmm lucky? or incorrect reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Once again your ignoring the actual rules (because u dont like them or dont understand them) and not providing any evidence that comps and picks are a legitimate reason to report some one for poor team work. Your simply asserting something to be true because it suits you. Unfortunately in the real world that's not how games are played.

still no ban after hundreds of reports against me over a few seasons of playing attack torb now hmm lucky? or incorrect reporting?
    Come play a game with me, I guarantee I'll report you lol.

Seriously, you can't litigate the rules. It's like watching a kid argue with his parents to get out of naptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    actually i have read it, and what i said still stands, you cant change facts
    This is what you said

"according to blizzard, if everyone went for one build and you decided 'herp derp ima atak torb while they all dive im helping' then yeah, you deserve a report. Considering 90% of players playing torb never actually support their team and instead throw, that char gets a bad rap."

Where are the facts that this is poor team work?

Facts imply that something is true or not right so who has the right answer here. What is reportable for poor teamwork?

Poor Teamwork is:

Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion. (i.e. this team is horrible)

Poor Teamwork is NOT:

Playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat

These are the rules taken from the in game rule on what poor teamwork means and this is a FACT. I urge you to look at them and see them for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Come play a game with me, I guarantee I'll report you lol.

Seriously, you can't litigate the rules. It's like watching a kid argue with his parents to get out of naptime.
    You can report all you want doesn't make them legitimate reports which is what this whole thread is about.

The reporting rules of the game have been clearly stated and you just simply dont understand them feel a bit sorry for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Mormolyce said it for me, picking a good attack or defense hero that works with your team is a core part of the game. If you refuse to swap a hero, specially if that hero is attack Torb, I`ll block you (in hopes that I will never have to play with you again) and report you (to spare other players from you). I`m not saying you should play the hero I want, but you have 20 other heroes to choose that surely will work better than Torb. Again, this is strictly Competitive. In QP, go nuts.

Once again show me where it states in the rules that refusal to swap a hero is worthy of a ban. (history shows you cant)

Your saying exactly the hero you dont want me to play in this case Torb. So by your reasoning i cant report you for playing a hero i dont want you to play right. If your playing mercy and i can ask you to switch if you dont i can report you and are worthy of a ban right?

"but you have 20 other heroes to choose that surely will work better than Torb. Again, this is strictly Competitive"

By your reasoning why dont they just flat out ban torbjorn from the hero selection screen in competitive if all other heros are "surely" better. Which btw is totally irrelevant and is the point your missing time and time again its getting quite comical at this point once again

Poor Teamwork is not playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat

My daughter is 13 and understands switching when needed. She plays Mei or D.Va if she can, but will switch in a blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    My daughter is 13 and understands switching when needed. She plays Mei or D.Va if she can, but will switch in a blink.
    Cool story but how does that relate to the topic of playing torb will get you banned as not switching is not a reportable offense. The idea of that i should change is irrelevant to the fact that i dont have to change can you see the difference?

On a side note my brother has curly hair and he likes to play mercy all the time and he doesn't switch when I tell him to can i report him for poor teamwork?
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-20 at 12:19 PM.

Cool story but how does that relate to the topic of playing torb will get you banned as not switching is not a reportable offense. The idea of that i should change is irrelevant to the fact that i dont have to change can you see the difference?
    I shared that bit exactly because I see quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I shared that bit exactly because I see quite a difference.
    She doesn't have to switch tho that's the point. As refusal to switch is not punishable get it?

Did they not say recently that being a one trick hero is now a bannable offence? At least from comp. it was all over reddit for a while that people were being one trick hero’s and getting banned from comp but I’ve not seen an actual source confirming this.

You can report all you want doesn't make them legitimate reports which is what this whole thread is about.

The reporting rules of the game have been clearly stated and you just simply dont understand them feel a bit sorry for you.
    What do you think a "legitimate report" is? You either get reported or you don't.

What do you think a "legitimate report" is? You either get reported or you don't.

adjective: Legitimate

conforming to the law or to rules.
    "his claims to legitimate authority"

synonyms:
    legal, lawful, licit, legalized, authorized, permitted, permissible, allowable, allowed, admissible, recognized, sanctioned, approved, licensed, statutory, constitutional, within the law, going by the rules, above board, valid, honest, upright;

Now we know we know what the word means, we know that for a report to be legitimate it has to conform to the rules, in this case what are blizzards rules for reporting someone.

For example the rule for Poor Teamwork

[B]Poor Teamwork is:

"Not trying" to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion. (i.e. this team is horrible)

This means that if a player is "not trying" to jump on the payload or "not trying" to hold a point, like just running around the map shooting at the walls no where near the objectives of the map or afking at base and emoting as someone said earlier that would be classed as "not trying". Secondly flaming your team complaining your team is full of shit ass noobs etc etc is communicating in a "negative fashion" and therefore poor teamwork.

Poor Teamwork is NOT:

Playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat

This means one can play any hero in any given situation. It means any hero can be chosen regardless of what "the community" think. It also means that i dont have to talk over voice chat

Please note here that it says nothing about refusing to switch hero's if your team ask you to. Or if you are being "hard countered" you have to switch. I hope you can see that.
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-21 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't condone one-tricking, but I know I can't play every hero on the roster to an equal level and I don't expect others to either.

Now, let's get down to the reality of it. I can't remember the last time I saw 'Widow switch' or 'Sombra switch' followed up with any kind of explanation as to who or why I should. In fact, I'm not sure I ever have. As much as 99 times out of 100 that demand is completely undirected lashing out and blaming without any rationality behind it, or any realistic offer of a possible solution to whatever problem they're seeing beyond "I think we're losing" which may or may not be the case; and may simply that individually they're having issues while the rest of the team are not. And therein lies the problem.

Now, here's the main reasons I don't switch.

1. Someone else is already on what I'd switch to.
    2. I'm concerned switching role might be badly received by team mates. I often switch off Widow to D.Va; and a lot of the time it's received with 'OMG THREE TANKS!' Then Reinhardt or Orisa switch and it all goes to hell as we lost the barrier. Or worse, Reinhardt AND Zarya switch and I'm now solo tanking.
    3. I'm concerned switching off might put us in an even worse position - I could switch off Widow, but who then deals with Pharah?
    4. Pharah might be good here, but I'm concerned they have McCree/76.
    5. I genuinely don't know what the answer is. I feel like I'm doing okay, but I can see we're missing something and I don't know where I could step in elsewhere to put it right. For this I'd really appreciate an answer to 'who to?' when 'Sombra/Widow switch' comes up, instead of the usual abuse.
    6. I think we're doing fine, what's the problem? This is a particular issue when someone else individually is being countered and having a hard time, but I don't know that; and from where I'm sat the payload is moving/not moving as appropriate. Maybe they need to switch themselves, or maybe they (tank/support) need to tell me who's eating them and I can cover them.
    7. People are being insufferable douchebags and I've totally lost all motivation. Sorry, it happens.

So when it comes to asking for someone to switch; I won't single players out, and I'll make suggestions of what we do need - if I'm not in a position to fill that need myself.

adjective: Legitimate
    Yes I'm familiar with it lol.

You realise nothing you say to me has any impact on this yeah? So what are you trying to win by litigating this with me here? People will still report attack Torb (including me) and people will still sometimes get banned for it if enough reports accumulate.

You realise nothing you say to me has any impact on this yeah? So what are you trying to win by litigating this with me here? People will still report attack Torb (including me) and people will still sometimes get banned for it if enough reports accumulate.
    So you know what it means, understand the rules but report regardless clap clap

And yes i do realise that logic and reasoning and have no impact on you. I said earlier you can report whenever you like, i just demonstrated to you with evidence why your reports are fallacious. Not that this means anything to you because truth doesn't matter in your brain
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-21 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    I can sympathise with those reporting you as I lost a large chunk of Sr one season to a player who refused to not play torb on attack. Now he was also just terrible and poorly placed his turret.
    Would be funny if that same guy WAS the OP LOL

Actually Blizzard notified Fuey500 and said he would no longer be banned for “maining” Torbjorn without directly saying one tricking. They have reversed the call to ban one tricks based on reports.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

And yes i do realise that logic and reasoning and have no impact on you. I said earlier you can report whenever you like, i just demonstrated to you with evidence why your reports are fallacious. Not that this means anything to you because truth doesn't matter in your brain
    No you simply reported on your own anecodotal evidence, which means nothing.

The TRUTH is that you can be reported for poor teamwork, and which hero you pick is part of that. You think Blizzard reviews fight footage for millions of reports and decides whether the report for poor teamwork was "legitimate" in your mind or if they just don't like people playing Widowmaker? No, it simply counts as a report and if enough accumulate you might get banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Would be funny if that same guy WAS the OP LOL
    i actualy think it might have been. his name rings a bell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't condone one-tricking, but I know I can't play every hero on the roster to an equal level and I don't expect others to either.

Now, let's get down to the reality of it. I can't remember the last time I saw 'Widow switch' or 'Sombra switch' followed up with any kind of explanation as to who or why I should. In fact, I'm not sure I ever have. As much as 99 times out of 100 that demand is completely undirected lashing out and blaming without any rationality behind it, or any realistic offer of a possible solution to whatever problem they're seeing beyond "I think we're losing" which may or may not be the case; and may simply that individually they're having issues while the rest of the team are not. And therein lies the problem.

Now, here's the main reasons I don't switch.

1. Someone else is already on what I'd switch to.
    2. I'm concerned switching role might be badly received by team mates. I often switch off Widow to D.Va; and a lot of the time it's received with 'OMG THREE TANKS!' Then Reinhardt or Orisa switch and it all goes to hell as we lost the barrier. Or worse, Reinhardt AND Zarya switch and I'm now solo tanking.
    3. I'm concerned switching off might put us in an even worse position - I could switch off Widow, but who then deals with Pharah?
    4. Pharah might be good here, but I'm concerned they have McCree/76.
    5. I genuinely don't know what the answer is. I feel like I'm doing okay, but I can see we're missing something and I don't know where I could step in elsewhere to put it right. For this I'd really appreciate an answer to 'who to?' when 'Sombra/Widow switch' comes up, instead of the usual abuse.
    6. I think we're doing fine, what's the problem? This is a particular issue when someone else individually is being countered and having a hard time, but I don't know that; and from where I'm sat the payload is moving/not moving as appropriate. Maybe they need to switch themselves, or maybe they (tank/support) need to tell me who's eating them and I can cover them.
    7. People are being insufferable douchebags and I've totally lost all motivation. Sorry, it happens.

So when it comes to asking for someone to switch; I won't single players out, and I'll make suggestions of what we do need - if I'm not in a position to fill that need myself.
    honestly sounds like you need to expand the roster of chars you can play.
    i always make sure i can play 1-2 meta chars per season at a decent standard by doing a few days of quick play after my placements but before i start doing comp. do sent mean im going to main them but being able to use them has won me a fair few games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    i actualy think it might have been. his name rings a bell.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly sounds like you need to expand the roster of chars you can play.
    i always make sure i can play 1-2 meta chars per season at a decent standard by doing a few days of quick play after my placements but before i start doing comp. do sent mean im going to main them but being able to use them has won me a fair few games.
    I play a pool of 6-7 heroes, that’s more than most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I play a pool of 6-7 heroes, that’s more than most.
    Should be enough. Unless there all dps ofc should always have at least 1 of each role.

No you simply reported on your own anecodotal evidence, which means nothing.

The TRUTH is that you can be reported for poor teamwork, and which hero you pick is part of that. You think Blizzard reviews fight footage for millions of reports and decides whether the report for poor teamwork was "legitimate" in your mind or if they just don't like people playing Widowmaker? No, it simply counts as a report and if enough accumulate you might get banned.

Why do you think they have reporting rules then if it doesn't matter what your reported for?

Not that it matters what you think now as i have real evidence from a blizzard employee:

You won't get banned from Overwatch for playing just one hero—"one-tricking"—but you can get punished if that determination is disruptive.

A Torbjörn main was banned over the weekend for being a "one-trick" player. The player in question says he's been banned simply for playing only Torbjörn, but others say that his behaviour is more than just annoying—it's disruptive. The issue isn't preferring a hero: You won't get banned if you specialize on a hero, but you could get banned if your behaviour turns sour when others ask you to switch.

"If you've been playing Blizzard games for a while, you've probably heard us use the phrase 'Play nice; play fair,'" Overwatch community manager Josh Engen said in the forum. "It's like a manta around the Blizzard campus, and it's a big part of the way we approach situations like this. People tend to focus on the 'playing fair' part, but they forget about the 'playing nice.' Sometimes that means switching off at your teammates' request, and sometimes that means working around your teammate's specialization."

In the Torbjörn main's case, he's been accused of throwing after another player picked Torbjörn and wouldn't switch off so he could take over. The behaviour is question, then, isn't even tied to playing Torbjörn—it's his behaviour when not playing Torbjörn.

"The reports that you received are not because you were playing a particular character in Competitive," a Blizzard Game Master wrote to the Torbjörn player. "They are there because of your refusal to cooperate with the rest of the team, hence the disruptive gameplay suspension."
    Blizzard is currently investigating both sides of the reports and "thinking about how this type of situations affects specialized players and their teammates," Engen wrote.

"We take both sides of the issue very seriously," Engen said. "We believe that players should be able to choose their favourite heroes, but playing as a team (which includes building an effective team composition) is a core part of the Overwatch experience. It’s a delicate balance, and we’re still working on getting it right (and probably always will be)."

There's no clear answer here. Players should be allowed to play whichever hero they want, but is there a line that needs to be drawn? When does specialization turn disruptive? At this point, players don't need to be afraid of getting banned if they prefer one particular hero over the rest—though it's important to ensure that dedication doesn't turn hostile.

Well this is all very enlightening so it seems i can one trick torb as long as I'm not being hostile or throwing awesome!