Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most of what Endus said earlier.

I think Batman would have to win in a fight with the Punisher simply because Batman is the greater comic book character between the two in terms of legacy, but Batman would know he's been in a fight after it's all over... that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Gun is mechanical. unless he has some kind of uber-magnet not known by humans because it's existence in any concentration would be strong enough to fuck your nervous system like a two dollar whore after a half-price day, from 40 feet out.
    a guns mechincal simplicity does not make them impervious to being tampered with electronics

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    a guns mechincal simplicity does not make them impervious to being tampered with electronics
    okay, batman goes to throw-punisher just put three through his chest. batman dies. end of fight. oh no this gun won't work until he pulls the gadget off under a second later.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The big difference between the two is that Batman has limits. He won't kill his enemies. Frank will. Frank will put people down if they get in his way. He'll never get to a moment where he'll face an ethical conflict and hesitate.

Frank doesn’t just kill any one in his way with no regard he would never kill an innocent hero or cop. Sure he’d blow Batman’s knees off but he would never kill him.

okay, batman goes to throw-punisher just put three through his chest. batman dies. end of fight. oh no this gun won't work until he pulls the gadget off under a second later.
    Jokes on you it was a fake hologram Batman, it explodes in a flashbang, it was Batman's plan all along to be shot! So he could throw his 'plot-device' at Punisher!

I feel like people do not understand Batman's 'superpower'. It is "I win, because I planned it all along, no matter what happens to me" power.

Even Superman a LITERAL GOD, still loses because Batman has 'enviable foresight'. Well, most of the time, I'm not really keeping count.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-21 at 05:54 AM.

okay the bullets hit batman's armor and does nothing. Batman walks up and beats the crap out of Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Even Superman a LITERAL GOD, still loses because Batman has 'enviable foresight'. Well, most of the time, I'm not really keeping count.
    To be fair, it's not really master manipulator level intellect to know you need some Kryptonite in your utility belt in a universe containing Kryptonians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Superman a LITERAL GOD...
    Figurative god. Superman is also not even the most powerful character, or even superhero, in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To be fair, it's not really master manipulator level intellect to know you need some Kryptonite in your utility belt in a universe containing Kryptonians.
    No kidding lmao! But, apparently he's the only one that can pull it off decisively. So he must have some special sauce. That or everyone in their universe are like half the average intellect of a normal human in our universe (wouldn't surprise me, I mean look at Gotham for fucks sake) and Bruce Wayne is just...trapped with morons so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Figurative god. Superman is also not even the most powerful character, or even superhero, in comics.
    As far as I understand, Superman, just juices up from a Star (of varying kinds) every-time he needs power and is 'theoretically limitless', thus omnipotent (unless you have a different benchmark for 'godhood'). Could be wrong, probably am, but you can replace Superman with whoever you like, Bruce Wayne has 'planned it all along'. He even dodged that stupid undodgable attack from that Darksied guy (I think that's his name), with a 'mortal body', because holy hell check out that 'foresight/pattern recognition skills'.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-21 at 06:03 AM.

On the general topic of guns, Batman literally deals with those every day. One of his villains is freaking Deadshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    okay the bullets hit batman's armor and does nothing. Batman walks up and beats the crap out of Punisher.
    you mean that armor that's barely rated for pistols, that doesn't even stop a pistol if you aim at the right parts, and gets punctured by knives and dog teeth? yeah, let's see it stop an armor piercing round from a rifle.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand, Superman, just juices up from a Star (of varying kinds) every-time he needs power and is 'theoretically limitless', thus omnipotent (unless you have a different benchmark for 'godhood').
    Superman isn't in the same league as the likes of the Silver Surfer or Dr. Manhattan. Those two could easily kill him. Plus, any character who wields magic (like Dr. Strange or Mr Mxyzptlk) can affect him just as easily as they can affect any other character. Simply put, Superman is not "all that."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No kidding lmao! But, apparently he's the only one that can pull it off decisively. So he must have some special sauce. That or everyone in their universe are like half the average intellect of a normal human in our universe (wouldn't surprise me, I mean look at Gotham for fucks sake) and Bruce Wayne is just...trapped with morons so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I understand, Superman, just juices up from a Star (of varying kinds) every-time he needs power and is 'theoretically limitless', thus omnipotent (unless you have a different benchmark for 'godhood'). Could be wrong, probably am, but you can replace Superman with whoever you like, Bruce Wayne has 'planned it all along'. He even dodged that stupid undodgable attack from that Darksied guy (I think that's his name), with a 'mortal body', because holy hell check out that 'foresight/pattern recognition skills'.
    Bruce is a moron he just shoves all the criminals back into the place they have shown they can break out of time after time. I wouldn’t hate Batman so much I’d he actually tried to help some of the guys he locked up rather then leaving them to worthless psychologist in Arkem. Look at some one like Harley after she got some help and got away from the joker she more or less becomes a stand up gal.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Batman killed the Punisher then Batman, otherwise Frank doesnt stop till either he or the other person is dead.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Deleted
    or untill frank finds out that batman is a good guy then they'll just hav a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Bruce is a moron he just shoves all the criminals back into the place they have shown they can break out of time after time. I wouldn’t hate Batman so much I’d he actually tried to help some of the guys he locked up rather then leaving them to worthless psychologist in Arkem. Look at some one like Harley after she got some help and got away from the joker she more or less becomes a stand up gal.
    Probably the only time his 'excellent foresight' fails him. It's probably his greatest contradiction. But when you invent a character so absurdly powerful, you kind of write yourself into a corner. Superman suffers a similar fate, kept in check by his comical weaknesses. I mean, at least the Punisher gets infinite rematches!

If writers exercised any consistency between his 'capturing' and 'post-capturing' phases, Gotham at the MINIMUM would be crime free, most likely the country. Thankfully, comics are meant to be fun rather than ironclad exercises in logic :>

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Superman isn't in the same league as the likes of the Silver Surfer or Dr. Manhattan. Those two could easily kill him. Plus, any character who wields magic (like Dr. Strange or Mr Mxyzptlk) can affect him just as easily as they can affect any other character. Simply put, Superman is not "all that."
    Whelp, I stand corrected on this point then. I'll take your word for it. Superman's a chump anyway.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-21 at 06:16 AM.

Batman would win because he's got Anti-GunTotin'-Vigilante Spray in his utility belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plot armor aside, I really think Batman would win, even though I like The Punisher more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

you mean that armor that's barely rated for pistols, that doesn't even stop a pistol if you aim at the right parts, and gets punctured by knives and dog teeth? yeah, let's see it stop an armor piercing round from a rifle.
    No, Batman would just wear his ironman like armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment punisher finds out batmans true identity, hes dead, dont think he would wait til a fair fight in the middle of the night cuz batmans plot armor said so...
    Last edited by Rageadon; 2017-11-21 at 07:41 AM.