Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flash is faster because he can tap into the speed force. It normally comes with risks going that fast though

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    YES THATS WHAT IT MEANS. There is a reason its called SPEEDforce. Fact is in no world would supes be able to turn his head at Flash as he is proven to be the slower of the too. Thats why that scene is horible.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Barry Allen is and has always been faster then Supes.

- - - Updated - - -

No he aint Supes is allways the slower of the too.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/i809yLo.jpg[IMG]
    So, please explain to me then how Wally is faster than Barry then? Flashes speed fluctuates. It isn't x amount 24/7. Of this was a flash who wasn't born yesterday I'd agree but the flash in justice league barely even know what he's capable of let alone how to properly tap into the speed force.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Wrong. Barry Allen is and has always been faster then Supes.
    In the case of Barry Allen, depends if we're talking pre- or post-Crisis.

But I'm not seriously arguing the point, because realistically comics continuity all depends on which version you're talking about, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    7/10 as a movie goer, 8/10 as a DC fanboy, 10/10 for the nostalgia theme songs (shed a tear with the Superman theme).
    Half of me reacted with delight when I heard the Elfman Batman theme, but the other half was too distracted by how poorly this version of Batman goes with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Looks like the subpar opening has made DC reconsider its marketing strategy. They've released an official new poster and banner featuring a character that was conspicuously missing from the marketing leading up to the film's release.

The following is a spoiler alert, sort of: DC releases new official Justice League poster and baner
    Yeah DC, that's why people didn't turn up - because it wasn't obvious enough that Superman was going to be in it LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#7b52341c5d8b

Warner Bros. Faces A Possible $50M To $100M Loss On 'Justice League'

Looks bad for the future of DC Universe movies
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Fair enough. I still feel differently; mainly that the development was covered in the film, but I agree with your sentiment. I mean, I liked Thor 2 and Malkeith is quite possibly the worst villain Marvel movies have thrown at us so far (hell, most of the movie is probably the worst they have thrown at us so far). Personally, I both enjoying films for what they are and also dissecting and analyzing them later, but the latter doesn't ruin the former for me.
    Personally I liked Thor 2 more than Thor 1. Sure Maliketh was a weak villain but I actually think he's better developed than Steppenwolf. And at least he wasn't a terrible looking pile of CGI.

Out of the Marvel films I'd actually put Ronan the Accuser lower than Maliketh. Everyone gives him a pass because he was in a movie everyone liked, but for me that just made him seem even more dull and uninteresting, compared to the rest of the movie around him.

Both Maliketh and Ronan are what I'd call weak villains - ie they're substantively okay as villains they just fail to make an impression or be original or interesting in their own right. On the other hand you have poorly executed villains - an example would be Ultron. He was genuinely menacing and had a much stronger and more interesting screen presence than Maliketh and Ronan but he had the exact opposite problem - inconsistent writing undermined what he was supposed to be to the point that he was a jumbled mess by the end of the film whose motivations are unclear and whose actions were frequently boneheaded.

Steppenwolf is both weak AND bad - he looks like a generic CGI monster, he has little screen presence, he has almost no personality and at the same time he is written inconsistently. For example, being shot at by arrows in one scene and in his next, grabbing a rocket and exclaiming that it was a "primitive weapon". Which he throws into a wall causing the tunnel to collapse around him?

I will give them credit for his motivations, they're consistent in the sense that they're as basic as basic can be - he wants to get the three macguffins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post

Honestly I don't know if this changes much for them, I'm pretty sure DC knew they had a stinker on their hands after the reviews for BvS came in and they'd already filmed a lot of JL. Part of this movie was an attempt to course-correct on the fly, but I also had the strong sense while watching it that the studio just wanted to pinch off the turd so they could flush it. Between the announcement months ago about them changing focus in the DCEU (based on negative reception of BvS and Suicide Squad compared to positive reviews of Wonder Woman) and the studio-mandated runtime limit of 2 hours that made this film feel like it was missing an act and in a hurry to wrap up.

When I walked out of the cinema my honest first reaction was "I've never watched a film that felt like it gave up on itself before".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Its here.
    I can't believe he split it in three, this is now literally longer than the actual film ahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Honestly I don't know if this changes much for them, I'm pretty sure DC knew they had a stinker on their hands after the reviews for BvS came in and they'd already filmed a lot of JL. Part of this movie was an attempt to course-correct on the fly, but I also had the strong sense while watching it that the studio just wanted to pinch off the turd so they could flush it. Between the announcement months ago about them changing focus in the DCEU (based on negative reception of BvS and Suicide Squad compared to positive reviews of Wonder Woman) and the studio-mandated runtime limit of 2 hours that made this film feel like it was missing an act and in a hurry to wrap up.
    I dunno...generally studios don't spend an additional 25 million on reshoots for something they are just trying to flush away
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toy sales may make up for losses.

I dunno...generally studios don't spend an additional 25 million on reshoots for something they are just trying to flush away
    But why cripple it with a 2 hour runtime? I think they just wanted to polish the turd as best they could, then flush it fast and hope the backlash wasn't too bad.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I am amused.

But why cripple it with a 2 hour runtime? I think they just wanted to polish the turd as best they could, then flush it fast and hope the backlash wasn't too bad.
    One of the chief complaints about BvS is that it was too long. Putting the hard limit on the runtime was probably a bad idea..but i understand why it's there.

If they just wanted to flush it quickly they wouldn't have hired Joss Whedon to do reshoots and then have him finish up the movie after Snyder dropped out. You don't put an extra 25 million dollars into a movie just to try and make it go away. Also, as tepid as the reviews are for JL they are still better than BvS... so,critically speaking anyway, it is a better movie.

Good. About time thier fuckary and abuse of beloved characters started to cost them. BvS and man of steel etc only made money through fans of superman. Not because they were quality films

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Good. About time thier fuckary and abuse of beloved characters started to cost them. BvS and man of steel etc only made money through fans of superman. Not because they were quality films
    Batman vs Superman didn't make money. They lost more money on bvs than they will on justice league.

Although that's because of Snyder going over budget and trying to turn in a 6 hour film.

Batman vs Superman should've made at least more than a billion dollars.

Batman and Superman are the 2nd and 3rd most known and popular superheroes of all time and a movie where they fight should've been one of the biggest movies of all time if not the biggest.

It also had one of the biggest marketing campaigns of any movie ever.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    So, please explain to me then how Wally is faster than Barry then? Flashes speed fluctuates. It isn't x amount 24/7. Of this was a flash who wasn't born yesterday I'd agree but the flash in justice league barely even know what he's capable of let alone how to properly tap into the speed force.

He gives a good explanation.

Ah, marketing, the parasite of capitalism. Nothing devalues a product like a "throw money at it" marketing strategy.

OT/ Long term, JL can recoup it's money if word of mouth motivates all those people that were turned off by BvS. If they risk another movie, (most likely with Whedon) they'll be back on fighting form, but frankly Snyder is essentially why a lot of people don't want to see it. Being a movie made up of Snyder action sequences and Whedon dialogue dynamics sounds a little too schizo for me to bother with. I think I'll hold out to watch a friend's "directors cut" copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman vs Superman should've made at least more than a billion dollars.

Batman and Superman are the 2nd and 3rd most known and popular superheroes of all time and a movie where they fight should've been one of the biggest movies of all time if not the biggest.
    If it had only made even a modicum of sense, it might have. And I must say after seeing Justice League it's almost as if the DC films are going out of their way to let everyone down. While I really liked some of the quieter moments, the talkier parts of the film and some of the action scenes (especially the confrontation with Superman), it was completely overshadowed by the bizarre MacGuffin plot that felt like a mid-season filler episode on a bad super hero tv show. Wonder woman was similarly let down in the end by a villain devoid of any logic and subtlety (obviously the very incarnation of war would be defeated by hitting him really hard).

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Wonder woman was similarly let down in the end by a villain devoid of any logic and subtlety (obviously the very incarnation of war would be defeated by hitting him really hard).
    She didn't defeat him by hitting him really hard. She defeated him by showing mercy to someone who didn't really deserve it.

Ares was fairly logical. He doesn't work as well I would hope though. In Azarello's run of Wonder Woman, Ares was this skinny old dude and wherever he walks violence follows him. It was cool on the page but transporting that idea to the big screen didn't work as well.

Batman vs Superman didn't make money. They lost more money on bvs than they will on justice league.
    This is an extremely dubious assertion. While it certainly made less money than WB would have hoped and will take years to fully return the investment, analysis by the same writer calculating the value of Justice League puts Batman v Superman profits at about 85-126 million dollars.

If you get a 2 hour runtime, you can squeeze in an extra showing over longer runtimes I believe. Thus, if you're figuring on the film not doing well long term you can trim it down a bit to grab some extra showings up front and grab as much as you can in that first weekend before word of mouth tanks any further weekends.

Of course, if you'd maybe done the extra 10 minute runtime to tidy it up, you could have possibly had more staying power...

I don't think having Whedon try to redo the entire tone of the movie with some reshoots was a good idea, but from what I saw of some of the dropped stuff, everyone would have hated THAT even more, so...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This is an extremely dubious assertion. While it certainly made less money than WB would have hoped and will take years to fully return the investment, analysis by the same writer calculating the value of Justice League puts Batman v Superman profits at about 85-126 million dollars.
    batman vs superman had a much much much larger marketing campaign than justice league did