Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I thought there was an ice wall?
    If you look at their map they draw the earth like a 2pi length sine wave revolved around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    By their map you could use a telescope to see Antarctica. How do they explain the shadowing of the moon?
    The moon is an artificial body from some old civilization to control the big chi-lines of the earth and manipulate especially women.

I mean these science-deniers live in their fantasy world, full of conspiracies and madness. No way arguing with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Pretty sure its american thing considering how bad they are at geography.

One thing I'm curious, where does the edge of the world begin and where does it end according to these people. Is it between europe and america or is it between Asia and America? If its between America and Asia then Pearl Harbor and WW2 would have been awful logistic operation. If its between Europe and America, how the hell did europeans "find" america first?
    Look at the UN flag, that's how they imagine the flat earth, so the border is at Antartica.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    The moon is an artificial body from some old civilization to control the big chi-lines of the earth and manipulate especially women.

I mean these science-deniers live in their fantasy world, full of conspiracies and madness. No way arguing with them.
    I have 2 words for you... Space...Jews.

Yes. Mother.Fucking.Space.Jews.

Ya dig dawg? Space Jews!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Well the ultimate goal is money, not 'purely for attention'. These are semantics, and I will argue them.
    Whatevs.

/10characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Kinda shows how gullible Flat-Earthers are that they are paying for it then.
    What flat earthers?

I'm wondering if you could ask the flat earth people what evidence they could present that the earth is definitively flat, and if there is some evidence that would disprove their theory. Unfortunately with this experiment, it will turn out like the last bazillion times something like this will happen, and rather than abandon a hypothesis with tons of holes poked in it, it will be adapted. I'm pretty convinced the logic will be that a divine force or government conspiracy is causing the illusion of roundness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    What flat earthers?
    The ones that sponsored his rocket

It is sponsored by a flat Earth research group, and Hughes plans a subsequent trip to try and observe the flatness of the Earth for himself.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Those flat earth people don't have a lot of money.

How do they explain away the arch of the horizon

Where you can see the curve of the ocean.
    Flat earthers are stupid, but what are you are seeing there is an optical illusion from the lens of the camera. you cannot actually detect the curvature of the earth until you are at a very high altitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones that sponsored his rocket
    And who were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    “I don’t believe in science,” declared the 61-year-old. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula.”

A grade A idiot.
    That's where I stopped reading. I would like to watch the livestream launch just to see him fail utterly and laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    People have been doing scientific tests to disprove the "Flat earth theory" for thousands of years. There been literally dozens of people out in space. There is countless empirical evidence to support that the world is a sphere. And absolutely none that supports it being a disc.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

And who were they?
    Again:

It is sponsored by a flat Earth research group
    That's all the information the article provides.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he doesn't die all he is going to do is prove (once again) that the earth is round (a sphere). There are much more simple scientific experiments to obtain this data however. And this is just putting yourself in danger for the sake of it. But I guess that's what you get from a "daredevil".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Of course the earth is flat, if you look at it from a 4th dimensional point of view
    It still wouldn't be flat. It'd likely appear translucent as the best analogy for how we perceive things in 3 dimensions.

And who were they?
    Again:

That's all the information the article provides.
    Infinite Plane Society. Its in a link on this article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.69ec297de3be

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    If he doesn't die all he is going to do is prove (once again) that the earth is round (a sphere). There are much more simple scientific experiments to obtain this data however. And this is just putting yourself in danger for the sake of it. But I guess that's what you get from a "daredevil".
    I think his dedication to the Flat Earth Movement is more based on their financial contribution than any actual belief on his part. He was trying to get sponsors for building that rocket before he "converted".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...earth-is-flat/

Hughes only recently converted to flat-Eartherism, after struggling for months to raise funds for his follow-up flight over the Mojave.

It was originally scheduled for early 2016 in a Kickstarter campaign — “From Garage to Outer Space!” — that mentioned nothing about Illuminati astronauts, and was themed after a NASCAR event.

The Kickstarter raised $310 of its $150,000 goal.

Hughes made other pitches, including a plan to fly over Texas in a “SkyLimo.” But he complained to Ars Technica last year about the difficulty of funding his dreams on a chauffeur’s meager salary.

A year later, he called into a flat-Earth community Web show to announce that he had become a recent convert.

“We were kind of looking for new sponsors for this. And I’m a believer in the flat Earth,” Hughes said. “I researched it for several months.”

I'm guessing a steam rocket is a balloon but its easier to get funding saying rocket. And btw there are buildings waaaaay taller than the height he is going up.

Countdown to the splatterfest

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    So dude plans to fly a homemade rocket to 1,800 feet to prove the earth is flat. Wouldn't it be safer and cheaper to buy a ticket to anywhere on a 747 go 3 times as high and look out the window?
    Wouldnt work. All flat earthers know that commercial aircraft are built by companies that are regulated by the government, who are in on the coverup conspiracy, and as such, 747's and the like don't actually have windows. They have computer screens that display carefully manipulated images designed to make the earth look curved.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-11-23 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team rocket is blasting off again *blink*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Wouldnt work. All flat earthers know that commercial aircraft are built by companies that are regulated by the government, who are in on the coverup conspiracy, and as such, 747's and the like don't actually have windows. They have computer screens that display carefully manipulated images designed to make the earth look curved.
    Hmm... That's a good cover up for their nonsense. Except when did major airlines become a thing? The 50s? We simply did not have the computer power to create a realistic digital images back then. Computer technology as we know it now wasn't even born until 69 and even then it was incredibly primitive compared to modern examples.

guy is FLAT in his head..