Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    When everything is illegal. The law becomes a mockery. I'm pretty sure there are very few people buying these traps to torture animals for fun. It's about controlling rodent populations and keeping them out of our food.
    What's illegal though? It's just one form of animal trap (an unnecessarily nasty and cruel one at that), people will simply look for other alternatives. Not exactly infringing on your freedom, you still have hundreds of better options. Though if you're going to use that argument, people can argue they want the freedom to viciously kick any dog they come across just because they hate dogs. Things like that are illegal for a good reason.

Take New Zealand for example, they have outlawed glue traps completely, despite having one of the most fragile ecosystems in the world. Even the British Pest Control Association agrees that the public should not be allowed to use them. I doubt anyone will be complaining about their freedom being lost if these things are banned, except pest control operators who stand to lose money from it.

We really do a lot of horrific and shitty things to animals that should be regulated/stopped completely.

Deleted
    Those mice are so cute. I hope that psycho gets his ass kicked.

When I was a kid, I was home alone one evening and saw the shadow moving - turned out to be a mouse. I chased him and we had some real Tom and Jerry moments, but eventually I led him to the exit door and did no harm to him.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    That section of the paper describes them as testimonials with no hard data behind it. Just as useful as an anecdote, really.
    Again you haven't read it beyond the first paragraph, another such mistake and this conversation is over.
    This study is also anecdotal, give me peer reviews and independent experiments that confirm the findings.

And according to the paper, this test was done over a period of three years, so it's a bit rich for you to be claiming I didn't read it.
    You didn't read it, so how would you know? It's written in the report that each test (from which the data was used in the report) was run for just one night.
    All glue traps are cheap; that is not an argument.
    No, glue traps are cheaper than non-glue traps, but not all glue traps are similarly cheap. Can you read?
    Considering this study was done by actual pest control professionals,
    No, it wasn't done by pest control professionals. It was done by a university and the report author was jsut using the data to make the report on it. And his report is not aimed and claiming that glue traps are ineffective, lol, but you didn't read it, so that's why you linked it just based on the first test results I guess. How silly.
    from what authority do you claim that they placed it wrong?
    From the authority of someone who have read the report, in which the author explains all the things. All the mistakes made during the tests and how various factors not accounted for may have affected the results. There is even a section dedicated on the surprising results of snap traps over glue traps, where the author explains the reason why it was like that. But you didn't read that.
    It doesn't matter if it was in 1991-1993,
    It does, it's even mentioned in the beginning of the report that trap designed didn't change much from 1993 to 1998. So even the author felt important to note that because it would've been asked by professionals. You silly non-reader-linker.

Citation please. The whole point using them is that they don't leave a live animal for you to deal with, the animal won't escape (because it'll be dead), are much more hygienic and are more cost-efficient because they can be reused.
    For fuck's sake you don't even read what I write. The dead mice will REPEL the LIVE mice. The moment the electric trap kills a SINGLE mice - it's done for the night. Unless you are talking about a $100 multi-kill solution that can kill 10 mice per night. You can buy 100 glue traps for that kind of money which will be way more effective.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Whatta surprise, the unapologetic glue trap users tend to lean towards either not caring if they animal they caught suffers, or trying to defend the POS who did that video. Glue traps are the choice of either a sadist or an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I use those sticky traps because the alternatives are snap traps and poisons, both of which can hurt my dogs. I don't like being inhumane to rodents, but they spread diseases and need to be controlled.
    You can get enclosed snap traps, or special bait stations for them, where only the mouse can get to but your dogs can't. So you don't need to use sticky traps. I hope you're not one of those squeamish people who act all like "fuck rats" but don't have the balls to kill them once caught, so throw them in the bin to starve to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as animals in the wild defend their territory, so do humans with theirs. Any animal that enters that territory is subject to extreme measures to ensure the safety of our personal space. I really don't understand how you guys don't get this, or why you seem to think it's so bad. Animals do it, we do it. If you derive pleasure from torturing invading animals, well, that's your thing.

Mice, rats, these things are pests. Period, end of discussion. Anyone who thinks otherwise should have their head examined. I'm not talking about the ones people keep as pets, which I just find bizarre in itself anyway, I'm talking about the ones that infest areas and spread disease and in general just wreck a place. They should be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

It just reminds me of an ex-friend I had, that was part of a pigeon rescue. A PIGEON RESCUE. Flying fucking rats. He got really pissed off with me when I started posting videos and pictures of people killing them for every picture or video he'd post of them being saved. Where he lives, pigeons aren't near the issue they are elsewhere. Go rescue pigeons in NYC, see how long you last before they linch your ass.

Again, how is it anyone's business if you want to 'torture' pests? We're not talking about people's pets here. We're talking about animals that are literally a dime a dozen or more. Things nobody wants in their homes. Would you prefer they did it to pets? To humans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Again you haven't read it beyond the first paragraph, another such mistake and this conversation is over.
    This study is also anecdotal, give me peer reviews and independent experiments that confirm the findings.
    You don't even know what anecdotal means yet you're lecturing me about mistakes. Oh dear.

You didn't read it, so how would you know? It's written in the report that each test (from which the data was used in the report) was run for just one night.
    Because it says so in the report, you idiot. You were highlighting one night to make it look like they only did it for that long, and that's it. You're misinterpreting the information because it doesn't jive with your effectiveness bullcrap.

No, glue traps are cheaper than non-glue traps, but not all glue traps are similarly cheap. Can you read?
    Glue traps are all cheap no matter which one you use. That's not an argument. And since you can't reuse a glue trap, saying they're cheaper isn't exactly true either.

No, it wasn't done by pest control professionals. It was done by a university and the report author was jsut using the data to make the report on it. And his report is not aimed and claiming that glue traps are ineffective, lol, but you didn't read it, so that's why you linked it just based on the first test results I guess. How silly.
    The study was done by "RMC Pest Management Consulting" with the help of a university. The whole point of the report is to show the efficacy of glue traps, comparing them to other types of traps. You only do not agree with the results because they're contradicting with what you're saying. You seriously think they're going to table a study at a pest control conference done by amateurs or people with no experience in pest control?

From the authority of someone who have read the report, in which the author explains all the things. All the mistakes made during the tests and how various factors not accounted for may have affected the results. There is even a section dedicated on the surprising results of snap traps over glue traps, where the author explains the reason why it was like that. But you didn't read that.
    So you have no authority then. You're not a pest control technician, nor do you work in the industry in any kind of capacity yet you suddenly have the authority to point out where they did wrong. You don't even say what they did wrong, you didn't quote anything, didn't analyse anything, you just said "it's wrong". So it's basically a word of a random MMO poster who names himself after a DS9 character, vs an actual study done in a university with pest control consultants. Hmm I wonder who'd I'd lean to on this topic!

It does, it's even mentioned in the beginning of the report that trap designed didn't change much from 1993 to 1998. So even the author felt important to note that because it would've been asked by professionals. You silly non-reader-linker.
    That just vindicates my point even more that it's just glue spread across a surface. There have been no substantial changes to a form of trapping like that since then, much like the snap that that has existed since the 19th century. Highlighting this time period doesn't add anything to your argument.

For fuck's sake you don't even read what I write. The dead mice will REPEL the LIVE mice. The moment the electric trap kills a SINGLE mice - it's done for the night. Unless you are talking about a $100 multi-kill solution that can kill 10 mice per night. You can buy 100 glue traps for that kind of money which will be way more effective.
    Still waiting for that citation. The water-based trap seems to attract mice just fine even if there are a few dead comrades at the bottom of the bucket.

Do you have any proof that it's done for the night, or are you just speaking shit as usual? I can buy several snap traps, dispose of the dead mouse and reuse them for more captures and at the end of it, I will have gotten rid of x mice over a period of time more cheaply than glue traps ever could. And the added benefit of avoiding a wriggling, suffering animal that might escape and make a bigger mess.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2017-11-26 at 11:15 AM.

It seems nobody here see the real point: this guy show patent signs of psychopathy, violence and sadism; an eye should be keeped on him, because these are the clear signs of a potential serial killer (i don't say he is, or he will be, but he CAN).

There was a mouse hole in my room, and my mom suggested I put steel wool inside. I asked her why, and she said that after chewing on the wool, the remains would shred the insides of the mouse. I literally turned pale thinking about that. Mice are cute, even if they are not considered a "huggable" animal by people. I just plugged up the mouse hole with a piece of 1x4 and that was the end of it
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, it isn't it's mine, i own it mine, and those who own their houses theirs, and they don't have to share.
    That's a human concept recognized only by humans. When you took out a mortgage your lender did not go out into the forest to have a meeting with a magical wildlife council to explain that the land was now yours and trespassers will be glued and tortured.

And as far as you "owning" it, your government only recognizes your ownership so long as it's convenient to them, otherwise they can just claim eminent domain and force you to sell. So you own it while it is convenient for you to do so, when it's not, your ownership means diddly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Mice, rats, these things are pests. Period, end of discussion. Anyone who thinks otherwise should have their head examined.
    No, it's not the end of the discussion, because that's not the discussion.

I really don't understand how you guys don't get this, or why you seem to think it's so bad. Animals do it, we do it.
    What you don't seem to "get" is that someone sadistically causing an animal pain for their own purpose isn't a good trait for a person to have. But if you want to act like a stupid wild animal, by all means.

It just reminds me of an ex-friend I had, that was part of a pigeon rescue. A PIGEON RESCUE. Flying fucking rats. He got really pissed off with me when I started posting videos and pictures of people killing them for every picture or video he'd post of them being saved. Where he lives, pigeons aren't near the issue they are elsewhere. Go rescue pigeons in NYC, see how long you last before they linch your ass.
    Big deal. People rehabilitate injured animals all the time, good on him. He's a better person than you, it seems, he deserves a better friend than you.

Again, how is it anyone's business if you want to 'torture' pests? We're not talking about people's pets here. We're talking about animals that are literally a dime a dozen or more. Things nobody wants in their homes. Would you prefer they did it to pets? To humans?
    Because it shows a level of depravity that just may well escalate to other animals, and even humans. Doesn't matter what kind of animal it is. Torture is still torture, it's all sick. Just because the animal happens to be a "dime a dozen" doesn't mean shit.
    Last edited by Burgerberg; 2017-11-26 at 12:31 PM.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should have their head examined.
    He got really pissed off with me when I started posting videos and pictures of people killing them for every picture or video he'd post of them being saved. Where he lives, pigeons aren't near the issue they are elsewhere. Go rescue pigeons in NYC, see how long you last before they linch your ass.
    Again, how is it anyone's business if you want to 'torture' pests?
    Sounds like you need your head examined. Why would people in NYC give enough of a shit to lynch someone for showing compassion?

Would you prefer they did it to pets? To humans?
    I'd prefer they not do it to anything.

Just as animals in the wild defend their territory, so do humans with theirs. Any animal that enters that territory is subject to extreme measures to ensure the safety of our personal space. I really don't understand how you guys don't get this, or why you seem to think it's so bad. Animals do it, we do it. If you derive pleasure from torturing invading animals, well, that's your thing.

Mice, rats, these things are pests. Period, end of discussion. Anyone who thinks otherwise should have their head examined. I'm not talking about the ones people keep as pets, which I just find bizarre in itself anyway, I'm talking about the ones that infest areas and spread disease and in general just wreck a place. They should be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

So if a baboon throws shit at another baboon, we should do that too? You can't set humans to the same standard as non-human animals. You aren't a wild animal with limited cognitive abilities, you are part of a civilised society where it is not only frowned upon to torture animals, but possibly illegal too. Posting pictures of people killing pigeons to someone who rescues them is a shitbag move, even if you don't agree with what they're doing you should accept it. It's really creepy as fuck too.

It's everyone's business, to keep a safe society. These kind of people graduate to bigger game, the links between cruelty to animals and violence to human beings is very strong. But the whole point is they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Your rationale of asking what we'd prefer is also ridiculous. The preference is that they shouldn't be doing this to any living creature. Whether it's a pet or a wild animal it doesn't matter, torture is something we shouldn't condone or accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I didn't say it's illegal to exterminate but it is regulated
    You said it's illegal many times, I'm not sure what exactly do you think is illegal but glue traps are not illegal in UK.

I can understand getting rid of mice because they can carry diseases and make you or ur pets sick, but torturing them in the way that the OP descibes is despicable

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    It seems nobody here see the real point: this guy show patent signs of psychopathy, violence and sadism; an eye should be keeped on him, because these are the clear signs of a potential serial killer (i don't say he is, or he will be, but he CAN).
    Trust me, plenty of people are saying it here. It's just when dullards like endersblade comes in here and starts saying stupid shit like "what business it is of yours that they're torturing animal invaders", "they're not pets", etc is where stuff gets a little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    You said it's illegal many times, I'm not sure what exactly do you think is illegal but glue traps are not illegal in UK.
    He didn't say glue traps are illegal in the UK, he said how they treated the animals on them is illegal in the UK:
    The Wild Mammals (Protection) Act (1996) refers to animals ‘taken in the course of pest control activity’ and states that if a person kills such an animal, he/she shall not be guilty of an offence providing the killing is ‘in a reasonably swift and humane manner’. Furthermore, an animal is protected under the Animal Welfare Act (2006) if s/he is ‘under the control of man whether on a permanent or temporary basis’. Animals stuck to glue traps are, therefore, protected. This means that the person who put the trap down is responsible for acting in a way so as to prevent the animal from unnecessary suffering. Failure to do so may put them at risk of committing an offence under Section 4 of the Act, which states:

(1)
    A person commits an offence if:
    (a)
    an act of his, or a failure of his to act, causes an animal to suffer,
    (b)
    he knew, or ought reasonably to have known, that the act, or failure to act, would have that effect or be likely to do so,
    (c)
    the animal is a protected animal, and
    (d)
    the suffering is unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    He didn't say glue traps are illegal in the UK, he said how they treated the animals on them is illegal in the UK:
    Or you could just say torture is illegal instead of that...duhh and still, it's ok to use glue trap.

Deleted
    There are ways to kill or catch these that either instantly kill them or don't hurt them at all which cost little to nothing. So no, it's not ok.

It's not legal either where I live and I'd both report and break contact with anyone who would do this. I don't care much about getting rid of them, but do it without torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Or you could just say torture is illegal instead of that...duhh and still, it's ok to use glue trap.
    You could argue a glue trap is torture, though. It's not okay, they're excessively cruel to any animal trapped in them and even the pest control industry agrees that they should not be allowed to the general public. It'll be a matter of when, not if, as far as the UK is concerned. Follow New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Iceland, Sweden's, etc example.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'd like to re-quote this for prosperity. As the most stupid and disturbing post on this thread.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    diarrhea
    Off to ignore you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    You could argue a glue trap is torture, though.
    You could also argue that not leaving any food for mice to eat and causing them to starve is torture as well. Torture is only torture when it's done as a torture.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side