Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I disagree, but it is without a doubt the only core concept WoW is direly missing right now. We need a technology based class. And OCDers need a third mail class (kidding, but seriously, it bugs me, too). And realistically, another class that can use ranged weapons would be ideal.

Tinkers would work with all of these things and then some. Add racial aesthetics being a thing for lots of the abilities and you have a deeply interesting class that anyone can enjoy.

That said, again, there are definitely other classes that can be added. I certainly never saw monk coming, and Blizzard created new lore just to make it possible. Anything is possible in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Good one, Sherlock. You found out the truth that people tend to not ask for more specs for a class that doesn't yet exist. People have been asking for more specs for classes for a long time. For vanilla classes, DK, Monk and now DH. Asking for more specs is nothing new.
    Then please list the Monk 4th spec threads from the Monk forum during MoP.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

blah blah blah....
    Yeah let me know when you can find those lore characters that supposedly exist beyond your head-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Don't worry, I'll wait.
    Here you go. Also this one. Another one.

Yeah let me know when you can find those lore characters that supposedly exist beyond your head-canon.
    I never claimed any exist, and I dare you to prove me otherwise.

EDIT: Found another one! Ops, one more! And another! Wow, and one more! Golly, there's just no end to those threads!
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-11-28 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I disagree, but it is without a doubt the only core concept WoW is direly missing right now. We need a technology based class. And OCDers need a third mail class (kidding, but seriously, it bugs me, too). And realistically, another class that can use ranged weapons would be ideal.

Tinkers would work with all of these things and then some. Add racial aesthetics being a thing for lots of the abilities and you have a deeply interesting class that anyone can enjoy.

That said, again, there are definitely other classes that can be added. I certainly never saw monk coming, and Blizzard created new lore just to make it possible. Anything is possible in the World of Warcraft.
    Seriously. It's a blatant gap in the lineup. Every race that's playable has a class (or several) that's its signature combo, the jelly to its peanut butter. The orc warrior. The human paladin. The undead warlock. The night elf druid. The tauren shaman.

Every race, that is, except for gnomes and goblins. This is their class. It's like having pandaren that can't be monks. And personally, it is aggravating, because these are my favorite two races, and they feel shoehorned into most of their classes, and it's because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Every race, that is, except for gnomes and goblins. This is their class. It's like having pandaren that can't be monks. And personally, it is aggravating, because these are my favorite two races, and they feel shoehorned into most of their classes, and it's because of this.
    For that matter, we don't have the Blood Elf spellbreaker class. Or the Troll headhunter or Troll Shadow Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Glacial spike don't do Shadowfrost damage, and again, one spell and one talent, Black ice doesn't do Shadow damage but make Flurry instant cast.
    Glacial Eruption, not Glacial Spike.

If you are paiting the Mage as a Lich for having one spell, i can say that Hunters are Tinkers because they own the explosive gameplay.
    Two spells, and the general theme of a spellcaster that uses Ice and Shadowfrost.

"Explosive gameplay" isn't the general theme of the Tinker.

Actually you have shamans
    Frost Shock and a talent doesn't make Shaman a frost-based spellcaster.

Mortar team- Flare
    Tinker-Explosive Shot.
    Neither ability is from the Tinker hero, and neither ability is tech-based.

Frost was reworkd not long ago and the only things being added are raid buffs.
    As far as we know. Again, Frost DK controls the Lich theme, so nothing stops Blizzard from pushing that theme further.

The irony is not this, is that you claim so much that the Frost Dk is inspired by the Lich yet he is the only one that got the Ultimate spell removed.
    Again, expansion changes don't change the origins of the spec.

The base comes from the creators imagination instead of a game.
    Yes, the creator's imagination when they created the WC3 heroes whom they designed a vast majority of WoW classes.

Considering that you said Frost mages and Necro/lich would play differently and the Frost Dk theme is about physical attacks mixed with ice and the Lich theme is not that.
    Yet the entire DK class is a combination of Shadow, Frost, and Blood, and the entire DK theme is a dark warrior that uses necromancy and frost to decimate their foes.

Create a Wall of Bones, cast a storm that push everyone that is near him foward and deals ice damage(channel)
    Is there any example of a Lich in Warcraft using Wall of Bones? Your second spell sounds suspiciously like Remorseless Winter, or Blizzard.

And what about the rest?
    That list includes the majority of DK WotLK Frost talents.

Most of your examples also increase the damage from Physical attacks, not to mention that the theme of a Warrior of the North is very evident in the old and new talents.Which is a theme that prevail to these days, while also making references to the stark familiy in game of thrones, which is know to live in the North.
    -Tundra stalker
    -Blood of the North
    -Merciless combat
    or the one thing that is key to the Frost Dk
    -Killing Machine.

The Frost Dk theme and play style mirrors a warrior of the North rather then a undead spellcaster.
    Could "warriors of the north" raise the dead and spread diseases?

Diseases? Yes, they could. Easily. Raising the dead? It'd be a bit of a stretch, but it's doable. Depends how the lore of the 'warrior of the north' is handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL! That first one is a Monk 4th spec request. However, the second one is a discussion about upcoming changes to the MW spec, and the OP asked the forum if maybe they should split MW into 2 different specs due to the Crane Stance and the Mistweaver stance. The third one is a general 4th spec discussion including all of the classes.

I never claimed any exist, and I dare you to prove me otherwise.
    Took you long enough to admit it.

I suppose you didn't read my question properly. I said Monk 4th spec requests on Monk forums, not a general 4th spec requests for ALL of the classes on the general forums.

Let me help you out;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-DH-s-3rd-Spec
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-possibilities
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-a-3rd-spec
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...get-a-3rd-spec
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Demon-Hunter
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614753559
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613182966
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9341293?page=1
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9168223?page=1
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...8827273?page=1

That's not even the beginning of the number of DH 3rd specs around the net.

LoL! That first one is a Monk 4th spec request. However, the second one is a discussion about upcoming changes to the MW spec, and the OP asked the forum if maybe they should split MW into 2 different specs due to the Crane Stance and the Mistweaver stance. The third one is a general 4th spec discussion including all of the classes.
    So you're moving goal posts. You asked for threads about 4th specs for Monks and you got them. Besides, the point is: saying people have been asking for another spec for DHs is a moot argument because requests for more specs for existing classes have existed for a long time. If more people are asking for more specs for class A than fir class B, that's completely irrelevant, especially when you realize that the monk class is one of the least favorite (if not the least favorite) among players. So naturally that class would have less specific requests than a class idea that has been a 'fan-favorite' since... well, since TBC, as far as I recall.

Took you long enough to admit it.
    "Admit it"? I never made the claim they exist. I only stated that you cannot state as fact that they don't exist at all just because you can't see them. Seriously, Teriz, why do you have to be such a dishonest poster?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-11-28 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're moving goal posts. You asked for threads about 4th specs for Monks and you got them.
    No, I asked for this;

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz
    A general 4th spec thread isn't a thread about Monks lacking a 4th spec, it's about someone wanting new specs for every class. A DH 3rd spec thread is about DH players wanting another spec because they feel that they're class is lacking.

No, I asked for this;
    You also ignored everything else I wrote in that paragraph.

- - - Updated - - -

However, @Teriz, since I like proving you wrong, here you go. Threads from the Monk sub-forum dated back to Mists of Pandaria requesting or talking about a possible monk 4th spec:
    one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, etc.

That's not counting the several other threads that got deleted but still show up on the search page.

Glacial Eruption, not Glacial Spike.
    The only passive that supports the one spell,That deals shadowfrost.

Two spells, and the general theme of a spellcaster that uses Ice and Shadowfrost.

"Explosive gameplay" isn't the general theme of the Tinker.

Frost Shock and a talent doesn't make Shaman a frost-based spellcaster.
    But appareantly, Ebonbolt and Glacial Eruption make Mages a spec based around Ice and Shadowfrost?
    Have you given tought that those spells are tied to the Artifact and not the Mage class?
    Neither ability is from the Tinker hero, and neither ability is tech-based.
    Excuse me but, how is Explosive shot not related to Tinkers, considering their Wc3 counterpart is based around explosions and siege damage?

Again, expansion changes don't change the origins of the spec.
    So by that logic...Warlocks are Death Knights, im not even bring Meta because it was added later, but Death coil was in the class since the begining.

Is there any example of a Lich in Warcraft using Wall of Bones?
    Imagination?Do you have?
    Your second spell sounds suspiciously like Remorseless Winter, or Blizzard.
    Because is ice?I didn't ask for a ice rain neither for a storm that spins around the player.

I asked for something like this

That list includes the majority of DK WotLK Frost talents.
    So you acknowledge that the Frost dks is more a Warrior then a caster?

No but they were mixed with the Dk that could do such things.Whats your point?We discussed this already, they toke inspiration on the idea and implemented on the Dk.

- - - Updated - - -

"Admit it"? I never made the claim they exist. I only stated that you cannot state as fact that they don't exist at all just because you can't see them. Seriously, Teriz, why do you have to be such a dishonest poster?
    He makes argumments that explode on his face posts later, however, like a Goblin/Gnome, he don't realize and continue anyway with a flawed logic and argumments.

Meh, i don't really care, i only respond while waiting for the Queue or when flying to somewhere, which has happened alot with the Birthday event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    The only passive that supports the one spell,That deals shadowfrost.
    I think the more important point is that Frost Mages deal shadow damage. It is an interesting development.

But appareantly, Ebonbolt and Glacial Eruption make Mages a spec based around Ice and Shadowfrost?
    Have you given tought that those spells are tied to the Artifact and not the Mage class?
    Are we supposed to ignore that Frost Mages have the ability to deal Shadowfrost damage?

Excuse me but, how is Explosive shot not related to Tinkers, considering their Wc3 counterpart is based around explosions and siege damage?
    Because it isn't a Tinker ability, it's a Hunter ability. Just like Moonfire has nothing to do with Mages even though it's an Arcane spell.

So by that logic...Warlocks are Death Knights, im not even bring Meta because it was added later, but Death coil was in the class since the begining.
    Same name, different ability.

Imagination?Do you have?
    Simply saying that typically Warcraft Lichs don't deal with bones and stuff. They tend to be pretty straightforward Shadow/Ice spellcasters.

Because is ice?I didn't ask for a ice rain neither for a storm that spins around the player.
    Because it's a storm that spins around the player;

I asked for something like this
    A quest?

So you acknowledge that the Frost dks is more a Warrior then a caster?
    With Howling Blast, Remorseless Winter, Chains of Ice, and Sindragosa, I can't agree with that assessment.

No but they were mixed with the Dk that could do such things.Whats your point?We discussed this already, they toke inspiration on the idea and implemented on the Dk.
    The point is that the DK is simply a melee Necromancer, so I don't understand why you're pining for a ranged Necromancer.

- - - Updated - - -

/snip
    Okay then.

Deleted
    No. That class should be all about Void. Mail Void class with swallow for melee 2h weapon and bow for ranged.

Okay then.
    Damn, Teriz, you must be in so much pain right now, having been proven so undeniably wrong you can't even muster a proper response. He even '/snipped' my post in his quote probably because he can't bear to look at how wrong he is. Seriously, does it really hurt that much to even consider the idea that you could be wrong?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-11-28 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Teriz, you must be in so much pain right now, having been proven so undeniably wrong he can't even muster a proper response. He even '/snipped' my post in his quote probably because he can't bear to look at how wrong he is. Seriously, does it really hurt that much to even consider the idea that you could be wrong?
    LoL! Not really, I just don't care enough about that topic to prove you wrong. So believe what you wish as the DH class self destructs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Druids are not a physical ranged class, but a Tinker class definitely could be.
    Hmm good example. Can't believe I forgot about that one.

LoL! Not really, I just don't care enough about that topic to prove you wrong. So believe what you wish as the DH class self destructs.
    Lol, you "cared" enough while you thought you had the 'upper hand'. But now that you can't counter-argue anymore and backed yourself into a corner, you suddenly "don't care enough about the topic". Hah! To quote a certain someone in this thread: "denial isn't just a river in Egypt."

Also: "the DH class self-destructs." Seriously, just how delusional are you? Hilarious.

You lost, Teriz. You could at least try not to be a sore loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you "cared" enough while you thought you had the 'upper hand'. But now that you can't counter-argue anymore and backed yourself into a corner, you suddenly "don't care enough about the topic". Hah! To quote a certain someone in this thread: "denial isn't just a river in Egypt."

Also: "the DH class self-destructs." Seriously, just how delusional are you? Hilarious.

You lost, Teriz. You could at least try not to be a sore loser.
    Actually it was a side discussion I was having with ComputerNerd that you decided to dip into, and that wasn't even the main topic of discussion with Cnerd. So yeah, don't really feel like talking about that anymore because I don't really care to dig up DH threads and Monk threads. I'd rather stay on the topic of the thread.

But by all means, if you wish to continue to gloat about nothing, knock yourself out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    No. That class should be all about Void. Mail Void class with swallow for melee 2h weapon and bow for ranged.
    Isn't the Priest class becoming themed around the Void?

I think the more important point is that Frost Mages deal shadow damage. It is an interesting development.
    No, its a spell that is related to the Artifact.What you are trying to pass is the idea that the Mage 'controls" the shadow frost aspect, when its only one spell.
    Are we supposed to ignore that Frost Mages have the ability to deal Shadowfrost damage?
    Considering you are ignoring that the rest of the Spells that DON'T do Shadowfrost Damage, how you ignored the fact that a Shaman knows frost magic, despite using the same logic you are using or you ignoring the Dozens of Weapon based attacks that the Dk had/has that enforces the idea of a WARRIOR rather then a Lich or a Necromancer as you try so hard to paint.

Because it isn't a Tinker ability, it's a Hunter ability. Just like Moonfire has nothing to do with Mages even though it's an Arcane spell.
    Guess what idiot, just because a spell is Frost based is not automatically mean it belongs to Frost mages or Frost Dks.

Same name, different ability.
    So what stops then from renaming D&D of the Dks and and give other ability with D&D name to a necromancer?Considering the original spell was Channel and dealt huge damage?

Simply saying that typically Warcraft Lichs don't deal with bones and stuff. They tend to be pretty straightforward Shadow/Ice spellcasters.
    Demon Hunter weren't about being Fast like the current one, they could dodge attack but that was it., nor did have the ability to grow spikes outside of Demon form.

Hunters couldn't use magical abilities such as Binding arrow

Mages couldn't Blink nor fire arcane missiles nor causa arcane explosions

Dks couldn't create ice storms or suck blood from their enemies.

Warriors throw their weapons and those weapons would start spining.It was either they throw or they spin.

Rogues couldn't fire Pistols

Warlocks couldn't Curse.That was a Pit Lord spell.

Priests couldn't become angles after death nor spaw dark tentacles from the ground

Monks couldn't cast jade beams

Druids didn't have a Tree form neither could call upon the powers of the Moon.

Paladins couldn't throw shields or grow holy wings.

Shamans couldn't use the elements alongside melee combat.

But they were implement because they fit the Classes theme and were cool additions to the arsenal of the said class that made then unique.

This is by far the dumbest thing you ever say, because it shows you don't know how to design a class.

Because it's a storm that spins around the player;
    A quest?
    Im hoping you are not a clueless child.

I marked the video but i case you couldn't see, at 19:33 the Lich is standing in the oposite side of the room, casting a spell that causes a heavy icy wind that pushs the player away.Completly different from what Mages and Dks have.
    With Howling Blast, Remorseless Winter, Chains of Ice, and Sindragosa, I can't agree with that assessment.
    Despite then having tons of spells and talents that support the warrior style , including Breath of Sindragosa.
    But hey, what Kind of Warrior is this that lives in the North and can spit Ice?
    Can't imagine another game they could've take inspiration for the Current Dk?Or other shows?

The point is that the DK is simply a melee Necromancer, so I don't understand why you're pining for a ranged Necromancer.
    [/QUOTE]

Why you are asking for a Tinker when there is engineer and blizzard goes out of the way every expansion to introduce quest, bosses and scenarios that allows the player to control mechanical objects?

Because its not what you want, i don't want to pretend to be a Necromancer or a Lich.

"Too bad, not everything is like you want"
    Right at you as well.

Have fun with your Engineer profession.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-11-28 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Actually it was a side discussion I was having with ComputerNerd that you decided to dip into, and that wasn't even the main topic of discussion with Cnerd. So yeah, don't really feel like talking about that anymore because I don't really care to dig up DH threads and Monk threads. I'd rather stay on the topic of the thread.

But by all means, if you wish to continue to gloat about nothing, knock yourself out.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the Priest class becoming themed around the Void?
    It is but only one spec. Whole class is what I want.