Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the priest dagger Xal'atath absorbing this dark power. After all there was that unused voice line of hers that hasn't yet been used:

"Long have we sought entry to this realm! To think we have a mortal to thank for giving us our foothold. Your service will be remembered!"
    She says that when you enter the Seat of the Pantheon in Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    She says that when you enter the Seat of the Pantheon in Antorus.
    Dammit, I missed that. Editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah, kinda hoping she just goes 'nope' and leaves the player rather than be bloated with fel energy.

Let the Ashbringer, Doomhammer and whatnot take the corruption. But the artefacts with a mind of their own will likely bail.
    Even with the non-sentient ones i'd question that. The Scythe of Elune is unstable enough as is, satiating it with Fel energy... i wouldn't be surprised if that would indeed end up removing the sword. And just about everything else in a thousand mile radius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Even with the non-sentient ones i'd question that. The Scythe of Elune is unstable enough as is, satiating it with Fel energy... i wouldn't be surprised if that would indeed end up removing the sword. And just about everything else in a thousand mile radius.
    True, the Sceptre of Sargeras is responsible for the destruction of our Draenor. Having its masters energy fused into it? That can’t end well.

10+ Year Old Account
    oakator4 hr 21 min ago (Patch 7.3.2)ReportQuoteReply
    There's simply no way my Shadow Priest will participate in this. He's straight up corrupted by the dagger (he'll need to be put down if he ever truly does something malicious for the Old Gods, but that's a tangent of my own personal storyline for my fanfic.)

He'll pretend to drain the knife, while keeping her hidden away... Whispering back to his mistress at night.

Ok...Then...Hmm...

Last edited by rcshaggy; 2017-12-03 at 04:49 AM.
    For the Horde!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    The female ones have a British VA, yes. The male ones do not, unless there's other lines I haven't heard yet. As a Brit myself, it makes me happy though
    Not complaining. Love the little edge it gives them.

As for the late reply, blame me sucking at computer building.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Ppl keep mentioning the cataclysm vs the sword.

Are they forgetting that that was caused by the aspect of earth empowered by the old gods bursting out of the plane of earth through the maelstrom collapsing the world pillar which prevents azeroth from collapsing into the plane?

Im thinking yes
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I’m curious if Blizzard will actually give us a response about the artifact goodbye and when it might happen. Blizzard responds to one thing above all else: well written panicking. It’s very easy to write feedback about this saying “will we lose our artifacts when 7.3.5 hits?” (in a much more panicked wording).

And I think there’s a good chance they’ll respond if it gets enough traction.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Ppl keep mentioning the cataclysm vs the sword.

Are they forgetting that that was caused by the aspect of earth empowered by the old gods bursting out of the plane of earth through the maelstrom collapsing the world pillar which prevents azeroth from collapsing into the plane?

Im thinking yes
    I mean this is the flaming sword of a TITAN being plunged probably deep enough to reach Azeroth's core, if it wounded the Titan inside.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's definitely a thing.

Just as the Horde's majority player race is the Blood Elf, the Alliance's majority player race is the Human. This has to do with personal-insertion and identification. The further from the self a given character is, the harder it is for someone to empathize with that character. This isn't a biological issue, but a cultural one in which we've been trained to spot differences based on social norms to recognize potential threats. It's also why the remaining races can be ordered in, essentially, "How close to human or idealized human" the races are, adjusted of course for when they were added.

Worgen, for example, have a number of players roughly equivalent to 1/3rd the Human players, while Goblins are a fifth of Belf players.

Pandaren, as fat bear-people, represent neither a physical ideal or a marked closeness to human appearance, and have 2% of the playerbase, in each faction.

Humans are, overwhelmingly, the Alliance. Because the player primarily picks that which is closest to themself.
    I'm gonna call complete bullshit on this, for a number of reasons.

First, by this logic you would expect to see the Alliance being the overwhelming choice for players, because they are the faction with far more races close to humans than the Horde, and this simply isn't the case.

Second, historically, Night elves have been as or more popular than Humans at times in the game's history, and Blood Elves are more numerous than humans despite being slightly less humans than humans. You would expect to see them below humans if people were simply choosing based on "muh empathyizability".

Third, race is overwhelmingly tied to class availability and racials. Humans are historically popular because they have always had a very large selection of classes, nice animations, well-constructed and scaled armor and weapons, and very strong racials. Blood Elves are overwhelming popular because they are pretty, have nicely constructed and scaled armor, and have access to Paladins.

Draenei and Tauren are less human looking than undead, trolls or dwarves, but more popular. Undead are more human looking than trolls or tauren but are less popular. Pandaren are closer to humans than Tauren, Goblins or Gnomes so I have no idea where you are getting this "they're the least played because they're not close to humans or an ideal" nonsense, when all three of those races are farther from human and farther from the ideal. They are the least played because of their attached stigma and aesthetic.

It has nothing to do with similarity to one's self, and spotting differences to recognize threats would absolutely be biological in nature, not cultural.

People play whatever they want to, which is typical the race they like the look of that has the classes they want. No one watches the wow cinematic and then goes "Wow, I really self-identify with that human mage on the tower because he physically resembles me." No. They go "wow, that elf turned into a cat, that's sick" or "I want to be like legolas/Drizzt, so I'm going to make a Night Elf hunter" or "I want to be the classic raging barbarian so I'm going orc".

10+ Year Old Account
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_W...fore_the_Storm

So with the release of the book in June do you think we can get the Battle for Azeroth expansion...Sometime a month or two after it?
    Just wanting to know when a good release so I know, and then pre-orders happening too...Digital Deluxe version or just regular if the goodies aren't that good.

"The Desolate Council is an interim organization of Forsaken who took it upon themselves to lead Undercity in the absence of Sylvanas Windrunner, with her Warchief duties bringing her out of her homeland."

^^^^
    Why don't I trust them and think they are a evil organization to get the war going?
    There are probably some good ones, but I feel like there are a few who want to control the Forsaken for their own benefits.
    For the Horde!

No, on AVERAGE, people are more naturally drawn to those that resemble themselves. It’s why in just about every single fantasy universe, intelligent aliens are basically just some alternate human. Especially friendly ones. You are never going to see a mainstream fantasy movie or game have the protagonist be a Fal’dorei police officer chasing the love of his life.

They will always be very close to human.

This obviously doesn’t apply to everyone. The more exotic the better for me. But, it’s very hard to dispute the evidence of what is popular in media.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

So with the release of the book in June do you think we can get the Battle for Azeroth expansion...Sometime a month or two after it?
    Just wanting to know when a good release so I know, and then pre-orders happening too...Digital Deluxe version or just regular if the goodies aren't that good.

"The Desolate Council is an interim organization of Forsaken who took it upon themselves to lead Undercity in the absence of Sylvanas Windrunner, with her Warchief duties bringing her out of her homeland."

^^^^
    Why don't I trust them and think they are a evil organization to get the war going?
    There are probably some good ones, but I feel like there are a few who want to control the Forsaken for their own benefits.
    Did you not read the preview?

They are an elected group that was created because decisions and administrative stuff needed to happen while Sylvanas was off trying to enslave Eyir. Some of them do not agree with her lust for immortality and want to just die when they die, or find a cure to undead in general.

They are the good guys of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

They are an elected group that was created because decisions and administrative stuff needed to happen while Sylvanas was off trying to enslave Eyir. Some of them do not agree with her lust for immortality and want to just die when they die, or find a cure to undead in general.

Of course, we don’t know yet if that doesn’t stop them from committing their own evils. How far will they go to achieve their goals?

So I wouldn’t call them the good guys just yet.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm still cautious about them...
    I'm sure there would be one or two and a pocket of Forsaken who want to do their own thing etc...
    Always thinking what is this group going to benefit the Horde...
    Will someone betray the council etc...Was this the reason that Undercity was attacked from the burning of the night one's home?

People are saying too that the Desolate Council or a few of them...(Probably a very tiny group) can be Twilight's Hammer and that's how the burning happened and angried the other faction to attacking Undercity...
    I would love to burn everything to the ground, but what was the reason?
    I knew Garry was a crazy scumbag, but seriously...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    No, on AVERAGE, people are more naturally drawn to those that resemble themselves. It’s why in just about every single fantasy universe, intelligent aliens are basically just some alternate human. Especially friendly ones. You are never going to see a mainstream fantasy movie or game have the protagonist be a Fal’dorei police officer chasing the love of his life.

They will always be very close to human.

This obviously doesn’t apply to everyone. The more exotic the better for me. But, it’s very hard to dispute the evidence of what is popular in media.
    I don't know that I agree. In the vast majority of games, people tend to pick exotic over resemblance. Elves are almost universally a more popular choice than humans in any sort of RPG, and you see that reflected in other media as well (e.g. Legolas being the most popular LotR character in mainstream, Terran frequently being the least played faction in SC2). People are attracted to and interested by new and unfamiliar things, particularly in an environment where safety is of zero concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Of course, we don’t know yet if that doesn’t stop them from committing their own evils. How far will they go to achieve their goals?

So I wouldn’t call them the good guys just yet.
    I'm still cautious about them...
    I'm sure there would be one or two and a pocket of Forsaken who want to do their own thing etc...
    Always thinking what is this group going to benefit the Horde...
    Will someone betray the council etc...Was this the reason that Undercity was attacked from the burning of the night one's home?

People are saying too that the Desolate Council or a few of them...(Probably a very tiny group) can be Twilight's Hammer and that's how the burning happened and angried the other faction to attacking Undercity...
    I would love to burn everything to the ground, but what was the reason?
    I knew Garry was a crazy scumbag, but seriously...
    Shrug. My default stance is that most Forsaken are scumbags. These appear to represent a faction of Forsaken who are better people, so I'm going to assume they are the better version of Forsaken until they do something to suggest otherwise.

Well, Elves are traditionally, at least now, at their base level, very attractive humans who have some very amplified personality trait they are centered around. Eg, Vulcans in Star Trek are about logic and tradition. Nightborne are elegance and tradition. Void Elves are emo Elves.

And I don’t think anyone would deny they look very close to humans. Especially compared to random alien species you can make up in your mind or various evil races in games and movies. Such as all the variations of the Aqir in WoW.

Even with villains, if they need to have character development and personalities, they are generally human-like. Look at Thanos from the Marvel universe for instance. He’s basically just a giant purple human. He’s not something like Jabba the Hutt.

Tl;dr, if a character needs to act like a human, they are going to be made to look like a human.

When I say human by the way, I do mean human-like. Elves and Dwarves are essentially humans with excentuated personality traits. Dwarves are basically Vikings for instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Elves are essentially fashion magazines in video game form.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. (I personally am leaning more and more to playing Nightborne) But it’s important to at least acknowledge what aesthetics of characters are popular and why they are. And why some are not.
    Last edited by Ningjinq; 2017-12-03 at 07:12 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=277571/v...ilers#comments

So the Alliance get Dreadscar Rift 2.0 and Exodar Mini while the Horde get Suramar and Thunder Totem?

What a joke, we had better get Shadowforge City and Gilneas.
    Agreed with this entirely.

Relatedly, I think people vastly underestimate sometimes just how popular character aesthetics and new races are. The Allied Races and their heritage sets showed this off very well.

Go to any YouTube streamer and look at the number of views on random videos and then the ones on Allued Races. Those get TONS more views.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    Hey, Horde players need somewhere far away to hide from our evil warchirf. Suramar works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean this is the flaming sword of a TITAN being plunged probably deep enough to reach Azeroth's core, if it wounded the Titan inside.
    Exit wounds tend to be much bigger than entry woulds

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^
    Well seeing as sylvia is evil and not interested in protecting forsaken interests i wouldnt count on to many being ambitious

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know that I agree. In the vast majority of games, people tend to pick exotic over resemblance. Elves are almost universally a more popular choice than humans in any sort of RPG, and you see that reflected in other media as well (e.g. Legolas being the most popular LotR character in mainstream, Terran frequently being the least played faction in SC2). People are attracted to and interested by new and unfamiliar things, particularly in an environment where safety is of zero concern.

Shrug. My default stance is that most Forsaken are scumbags. These appear to represent a faction of Forsaken who are better people, so I'm going to assume they are the better version of Forsaken until they do something to suggest otherwise.
    Actually the elf thing is proof of it id say. Ppl play fantasy games because they want magic. Orcs are green tusked humans. Elves are skinny or short pointy humans.gnomes are short cute humans. Dwarves are fuzzy short fat humans. Id say the fact the factions are fairly split shows that ppl love human characters, they just want something extra since its a magical game. Heck the only reason me and my friend pkay pandaren is its the only fat race. Id pick kul tiran over pandaren in a heartbeat.

If you want to see fantastic race vs human you should look at games like gw2 where the non humans are literally monsters

There is a reason most fan comics and fanart humanize elves goblins and orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    I hope ppl obsessed with trying to find dumb ways to figure out if "the other side gets more than us" get sick 9f this game and leave forever
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default