Poll: Vote.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Waiting to see the subrace, So I guess patch 7.3.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I liked parts of Legion significantly more than WoD, but the burnout I suffered from Legion's alt-unfriendly systems (AP, Legendaries) really hit me hard. I know it isn't anywhere near as bad as it was near the beginning of the xpack, but that just made the problem seem even worse; I knew that they were going to steadily increase the drop rates of legendaries and increase AK. That knowledge just demoralized me, inefficiency just stresses me out. Knowing that I can be more efficient by just waiting several months is going to motivate me to wait, which runs counter to pretty much every other aspect of the game.

I'm enjoying Destiny 2, it fulfills the need that WoW used to fill without demanding anywhere near as much time. The group content is more enjoyable, especially since it doesn't require two dozen people. No subscription to worry about, missing a few days (or even weeks) doesn't set you back much. Only having 3 classes means I can easily keep my alts geared. It also helps that it is indeed a Bungie shooter, the shooting mechanics feel very much those of the Halo series (which is my favorite FPS when it comes down to the "feel" of the shooting).

Plain and simple, I can't play WoW the way I want to and still have fun. The last time I was able to do that was back in MoP, when the catchup mechanics consisted of valor upgrades+LFR, and 10man heroic (mythic) still existed. 20man raiding really fucked up WoW for me, and I don't think I'll ever be able to come back to the game as a consequence. The game has changed, I haven't, so the game is no longer right for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    this feeling that grinding is fun, is just old and tiring. AP and exreme rep grinding, TF/WF its all just too much pathetic time sink grinding. it isnt a challenge to grind, it is purely a massive time sink. .
    I'll never understood the mindset some people have that they prefer being able to get their BiS, say they're done, then spend the next months complaining that there's nothing to do (like in WoD), compared to always having some possibility of further progression (TForging and AP in Legion.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Nope. I liked parts of Legion significantly more than WoD, but the burnout I suffered from Legion's alt-unfriendly systems (AP, Legendaries) really hit me hard. I know it isn't anywhere near as bad as it was near the beginning of the xpack, but that just made the problem seem even worse; I knew that they were going to steadily increase the drop rates of legendaries and increase AK. That knowledge just demoralized me, inefficiency just stresses me out. Knowing that I can be more efficient by just waiting several months is going to motivate me to wait, which runs counter to pretty much every other aspect of the game.
    That's how it's always been, though. Things are hard to get when they first come out, and become progressively easier over the duration of the content? It's not something "ineffecient" you should get "demoralized" over.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I thought Legion was good, but I burned out mightily on it (and its not like I played all that much). BfA looks ‘ok’ so far, but its too early to tell.

I wont be back for a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    when the horde have a proper warchief or when ogres become the next race playable, until there if i back i to play alliance, and not looking for that

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the new antorus raid is very poorly done imo. any new players who come back will give up on it soon after clearing on normal.
    I really liked it. Much more so than ToS. It's a bit easy tuned right now but i think that's ok. Excited for mythic tomorrow (EU).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    I really liked it.
    how much replayability do you think it has?

plus the colour scheme, more of the same. nothing revolutionary...

absolutely dissapointing
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Unsubscribed last night, got nothing to do anymore.

When they release allied races I’ll be back.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be back for BfA, Classic or 7.3.5 if it introduces some of the new subraces.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Yep, Classic servers.
    This right here.

My 40 man raid guild (we have been together for around 5-6 years) are raiding currently AQ 40 and preparing to raid Naxxramas.

We won't re-subscribe to Retail ever again. The only chance of us returning is when Blizzard launch their Classic server, when we will return to compete with other ex-Nostalrius raid guilds and to enjoy roflstomping Retailers.

In the meantime, we are discussing proceeding to TBC after finishing Naxx 40, if Blizzard's Classic takes too long.

In case you are interested in knowing why we will never, ever resub to play Retail here's why in detail:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post45330314
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Yes, as always. Since I quite raiding in early Cata quitting and coming back for new expansions has been standard practice. Can't expect there to be enough content as a non-raider, but that's fine.

BfA or later xpacks? No.
    Vanilla? Depends on irl stuff and how many friends are also going to play but probably yes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice poll. If I don't want to vote, do I vote no or not at all?

Deleted
    Why are people who quit and are not coming back posting on WoW forums? I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That's how it's always been, though. Things are hard to get when they first come out, and become progressively easier over the duration of the content? It's not something "ineffecient" you should get "demoralized" over.
    It hasn't always been like that The degree to which the time-gating goes in Legion on top of the fucking awful RNG with legendaries takes it to a new level, one that is impossible for me to cope with.

I like playing at least two alts while keeping my main ahead, and I play multiple specs on each character. Spec-specific legendaries and AP grinding seriously fucked me over in that regard (if the legendaries had been slot-specific with the legendary effect changing per spec, I probably could've tolerated the system).

Show me one bloody expansion where random BiS drops had progressively higher drop chances as a result of both patches and amount of grinding you've done trying to get that drop. You can't, because Legion is the only one that has done that. Knowing that my chances of getting a legendary from 10 hours of grinding are significantly better if I just wait several patches, that is demoralizing. It is inefficient to spend more time grinding on a worse drop rate, rather than simply waiting for the drop rate to be improved.

Inefficiency actively detracts from my enjoyment of any activity; Legion's inefficiency went far enough to motivate me to quit rather than deal with the stress it caused me. I play games for fun, not stress. If a game utilizes systems that are too inefficient, I can't enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I returned after couple of months. Not sure it will keep me too long, since I don't do any organized or competitive content. I mostly farm mounts (got Raven Lord and Raptor from zul dungeon in span of 20 minutes), transmog, pets and other vanity crap.
    But I will be back for 7.3.5 or 8.0 and stay a bit in the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'll never understood the mindset some people have that they prefer being able to get their BiS, say they're done, then spend the next months complaining that there's nothing to do (like in WoD), compared to always having some possibility of further progression (TForging and AP in Legion.)
    for me, i enjoyed doing that relatively quickly on each character i never complained about things to do, but my fun came from alts. if the content or raid or whatever was well done, bringing up my alt is way more enjoyable than the tedious grind and rng fest we have today.

i just dont like how bad RNG and extreme grinding has permeated thru the whole game.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-12-05 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Hanging out, waiting for official Legacy / Classic / Vanilla. Between that and the eventual transition to a fresh TBC years later, there is likely little reason for me to have an alternate timeline with BFA.

Until Classics release, there are plenty of fun things to do, and no time for stuff I don't enjoy. :P

Nothing funnier than "I hate WoW and I ragequit it 5 years ago but I still read all the WoW forums" crowd.