Err... how did they not work for it ? oO
    (
    how they can work for the new mounts? they work for the old ones

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where is this from?
    the temple of bwonsamdi is in nazmir and gives us quest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Do you also suggest we remove the Marksmanship Mage Tower skin from all hunters that do/did not own Rhok'delar? The Corrupted Ashbringer hidden artifact skin from all paladins that did not get the one from original Naxxramas?
    Can you point me to the post where I suggested that ?

Calm down mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    how they can work for the new mounts? they work for the old ones
    This. Ridiculous to gift and reward someone for doing something over 10 years ago with a new model that they never worked towards, when they still have their original mount and title that isn't in any way diminished. Especially when a lot of original Scarab Lords sold their account and the vast majority of them playing today probably cheesed it in WoTLK.

It'd be much more interesting to let people who actually badly want a new model grind their ass off for it. I don't care if it's a time-limited thing, so long as people can currently do something to get it that doesn't involve them building a time machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Can you point me to the post where I suggested that ?

Calm down mate.
    I'm following your logic here. If Scarab Lords are only entitled to a mount like that, then only original Corrupted Ashbringer holders are entitled to the new Corrupted Ashbringer and the same for Rhok'delar. Personally, I think the notion is ridiculous, because a new model mean it's a separate thing, which has no bearing on the original item. The same goes for this mount, which is not only a new model, but also a model that takes liberties with the original design and isn't a 1:1 HD update, but instead a new variety of the creature. Again, much like the new Thunderfury, Rhok'delar and Corrupted Ashbringer artifact skins are not pure HD updates, but a sort of redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Thanks for sharing your wisdom regarding what I and other players should value in the game. If they keep doing such changes and achievements / collections will turn into what collections are now in HS (nobody is really pursuing a full collection due to them undermining the effort heavily all the time plus making it very difficult to obtain), we will likely see how stupid it is to ruin the staple of the game with our own eyes. (Not saying they will do it, I think that's just them being randomly stupid - they frequently are, but if they will, well...)
    well some people value patch 2.0 content that doesnt exist in the game anymore

Its not about whether or not players value it

its about them ACTUALLY losing something.

some people value their virginity but that doesnt stop it from being a made up thing that doesnt exist and SHOULDNT be valued
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

No. What matters is that both achievements stay. They could have been downgraded to 5 points each, although I am not sure what that would accomplish, but that would have been much better.
    There is no way for them to stay, because 10/25 man Ulduar will NOT exist anymore.

Do you think it would be fair if a new player started playing and it was impossible for him to get maximum Achievement points because the achievement literally is impossible?

This. Ridiculous to gift and reward someone for doing something over 10 years ago with a new model that they never worked towards, when they still have their original mount and title that isn't in any way diminished. Especially when a lot of original Scarab Lords sold their account and the vast majority of them playing today probably cheesed it in WoTLK.

It'd be much more interesting to let people who actually badly want a new model grind their ass off for it. I don't care if it's a time-limited thing, so long as people can currently do something to get it that doesn't involve them building a time machine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm following your logic here. If Scarab Lords are only entitled to a mount like that, then only original Corrupted Ashbringer holders are entitled to the new Corrupted Ashbringer and the same for Rhok'delar. Personally, I think the notion is ridiculous, because a new model mean it's a separate thing, which has no bearing on the original item. The same goes for this mount, which is not only a new model, but also a model that takes liberties with the original design and isn't a 1:1 HD update, but instead a new variety of the creature. Again, much like the new Thunderfury, Rhok'delar and Corrupted Ashbringer artifact skins are not pure HD updates, but a sort of redesign.
    yea but there is no reason NOT to give em something.

I mean its literally the other ones with a pallette swap.

yall wouldnt be here complaining about it If it didnt exist, or didnt get used at all and just stayed on the artists servers and were lost forever

so lets not pretend like your issue is with the time spent on something made for someone you dont think deserves it

its 100% about You not being able to get it
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

yall wouldnt be here complaining about it If it didnt exist, or didnt get used at all and just stayed on the artists servers and were lost forever

so lets not pretend like your issue is with the time spent on something made for someone you dont think deserves it

I would like to debate this with you if you had a cogent point. Of course someone wouldn't complain about something if it didn't exist. What kind of remark is that?

It would be strange, indeed, to be updating one of the old mounts which not a lot of people have instead of simply adding that mount as an obtainable reward in the game.

If they do this, why just that mount? There are others that look dated. But why upgrade them at all? Whatever hard to obtain mounts I own, I guarantee that I don't care about looks, I care about status - maybe some people are different, but I would think the status would be more important for the vast majority. So why even spend the effort in updating them???

Perhaps the mount is going to be available in game, it seems too stupid otherwise. I think I said that maybe they are planning to reward that mount to those who roll on Classic and beat the gong.

Of course I am pissed if Blizzard adds an item, and makes it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to get it at all unless I travel 10 years back in time. When has that ever happened? I can get every item that is added to the game, essentially, if I try hard enough, but this will be some I can NEVER get, no matter how hard I try.

Also, adding an item for the 5 scarab lords that still play is stupid.

well some people value patch 2.0 content that doesnt exist in the game anymore

Its not about whether or not players value it

its about them ACTUALLY losing something.

some people value their virginity but that doesnt stop it from being a made up thing that doesnt exist and SHOULDNT be valued
    No, it's about people valuing things. The "ACTUALLY losing" actually doesn't matter.

You are wrong here. We are talking about a video game after all.

It would be strange, indeed, to be updating one of the old mounts which not a lot of people have instead of simply adding that mount as an obtainable reward in the game.

If they do this, why just that mount? There are others that look dated. But why upgrade them at all? Whatever hard to obtain mounts I own, I guarantee that I don't care about looks, I care about status - maybe some people are different, but I would think the status would be more important for the vast majority. So why even spend the effort in updating them???

Perhaps the mount is going to be available in game, it seems too stupid otherwise.
    Honestly, the new Qiraji Battle Tanks were 1:1 updates like, say, the murlocs, the hd imp models, the felhunters, I would be more okay with it, because actually, it would sort of step upon Scarab Lord territory by giving other players something they have but higher fidelity.

But this is practically a redesign in the same vein as the original Corrupted Ashbringer vs the new hidden artifact skin one. I think that makes it fair play. The model takes great liberties with the design and does not even possess any armor. In lore, too, these new silithid models are said to be evolutions/adaptations that occured shortly after Sargeras' sword was stabbed into Silithus.

That makes them fair game for current players to earn to be honest.

(Not to mention the Scarab Lords I heard mention it who thought it was ugly/didn't want it/much preferred their original)

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    There is no way for them to stay, because 10/25 man Ulduar will NOT exist anymore.

Do you think it would be fair if a new player started playing and it was impossible for him to get maximum Achievement points because the achievement literally is impossible?
    Damn.

I guess I missed this. Are you sure the 10/25 man Ulduar won't continue? If so, that settles it.

What you say makes sense (no, I wouldn't want a new player to be unable to get both achievements), and it also provides some safety regarding future merges - they will probably not merge unless they have to and that perhaps will happen rarely.

Thanks for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Of course I am pissed if Blizzard adds an item, and makes it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to get it at all unless I travel 10 years back in time. When has that ever happened? I can get every item that is added to the game, essentially, if I try hard enough, but this will be some I can NEVER get, no matter how hard I try.

Also, adding an item for the 5 scarab lords that still play is stupid.
    Actually, there are probably more than 5 still playing, but probably less than 5 that were actually the originals. The vast majority of them are probably people who bought the account from Scarab Lords that stopped playing, or people that cheesed it in WoTLK. (if we wanna talk about trampling on the prestige of Scarab Lords, let's start with that)

- - - Updated - - -

Damn.

I guess I missed this. Are you sure the 10/25 man Ulduar won't continue? If so, that settles it.

What you say makes sense (no, I wouldn't want a new player to be unable to get both achievements), and it also provides some safety regarding future merges - they will probably not merge unless they have to and that perhaps will happen rarely.

Thanks for your post.
    It's strange to me, though. It's only Ulduar, and only because it's becoming a timewalking thing from what I've seen. Why can't they keep the old 80 version intact without changing the system while also adding a timewalking version? Those two are separate, no?

Damn.

Thanks for your post.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=277715/u...aid-difficulty

7+ Year Old Account
    if ulduar 10/25 will not exist will pretty much fuck up the itens for transmogs?

and if it will be flex, that mean only 1-2 drops for boss? holy cow that iss awful, thank god i already get my transmogs there

Deleted
    I never suggested any logic here, but okay.

We do NOT know how the new Black Qiraji War Tank will be obtained (a thing that appeared on the very first PTR build of a major patch does not count, sorry).
    Maybe we should wait until Blizzard says something on this instead of jumping onto throats ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Maybe we should wait until Blizzard says something on this instead of jumping onto throats ?
    i never understand this, why wait until something is stated in stone, we need to rage before, not after

It's strange to me, though. It's only Ulduar, and only because it's becoming a timewalking thing from what I've seen. Why can't they keep the old 80 version intact without changing the system while also adding a timewalking version? Those two are separate, no?
    They are probably taking two old versions of the raid and are making a scaling new one - with an arbitrary number of difficulties, but just one scaling version instead of two different versions. If so, they could keep both two old versions of the raid as well as a scaling new one, but there is an argument in favor of collapsing it all to just the new one (don't have to carry cruft that takes space and special cases and can break during routine updates).

- - - Updated - - -

if ulduar 10/25 will not exist will pretty much fuck up the itens for transmogs?

and if it will be flex, that mean only 1-2 drops for boss? holy cow that iss awful, thank god i already get my transmogs there
    They are saying the raid will continue to drop items from all old versions.

Deleted
    i never understand this, why wait until something is stated in stone, we need to rage before, not after
    If the first thing you want to do when you hear something you don't like / not sure on how it will work is rage, then sure, go on about, this will surely be useful. /s