Poll: How should blood elf form work for Void elves

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Those are the animated parts of the hair.
    They are clearly glowing tentacles, not hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They are clearly glowing tentacles, not hair.

Still looks like the hair has some void glowing. We'll see when it's completed I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post

Still looks like the hair has some void glowing. We'll see when it's completed I guess.
    I mean, they are shaped like tentacles, round like tentacles, and they are smooth with no lined hair texture.

They are also completely independent of chosen hair color. As seen (here): They are tentacles.

i dont know but im excited. a void elf rogue with the right mog would look like an ethereal...

I'd love to have some available pale human-looking skin tone which is not bluish, but my main concerns about the race lie with the actual void form as follows:

1 (the lesser one as we are still to see its finished version): From what that incomplete snapshot shows us, it is purple. The normal form is blue to purple already. I don't really dig the idea to play a draenei elf that turns into night elf, or a pale night elf that turns into a more saturated night elf, all potential "cool" effects aside. There is enough of those in the Alliance as it is. I know they like to call the faction Team Blue, but come on...

2 (the major one): the control over appearance. Blizzard is yet to chose which way they'd go, initially discussing simple toggle and worgen-like combat switching. In a game that went a huge way to allow you to personalize your appearance (the norm these days and WoW is really lacking in that regard) via transmogrification, which was later further reworked to allow you even more options, it'd be rather odd to take away the overall freedom over your own appearance. Hence the more freedom allowed, the more I am into it. I'd go with the worgen style, if they settle on it, as even it offers me as the player some partial form of control. However, the datamined version was proc-based, i.e. pure RNG. Having your own character, the centerpiece of your gaming screen, randomly changing appearances back and forth all the time would genuinely make me ditch said character and never look back. I am worried that after the two options discussed at Blizzcon that allow different degrees of control, they actually went ahead and not only considered, but even "implemented" in the PTR game files that datamined RNG fiesta.

I'd love to have some available pale human-looking skin tone which is not bluish, but my main concerns about the race lie with the actual void form as follows:

1 (the lesser one as we are still to see its finished version): From what that incomplete snapshot shows us, it is purple. The normal form is blue to purple already. I don't really dig the idea to play a draenei elf that turns into night elf, or a pale night elf that turns into a more saturated night elf, all potential "cool" effects aside. There is enough of those in the Alliance as it is. I know they like to call the faction Team Blue, but come on...

2 (the major one): the control over appearance. Blizzard is yet to chose which way they'd go, initially discussing simple toggle and worgen-like combat switching. In a game that went a huge way to allow you to personalize your appearance (the norm these days and WoW is really lacking in that regard) via transmogrification, which was later further reworked to allow you even more options, it'd be rather odd to take away the overall freedom over your own appearance. Hence the more freedom allowed, the more I am into it. I'd go with the worgen style, if they settle on it, as even it offers me as the player some partial form of control. However, the datamined version was proc-based, i.e. pure RNG. Having your own character, the centerpiece of your gaming screen, randomly changing appearances back and forth all the time would genuinely make me ditch said character and never look back. I am worried that after the two options discussed at Blizzcon that allow different degrees of control, they actually went ahead and not only considered, but even "implemented" in the PTR game files that datamined RNG fiesta.

I'd rather they be void all the time. Like Elf-Ethereals, or like The Pale/Shadow-scarred Draenei
    Eew, that would be terrible - I don't think any alliance player would want that. I know I certainly won't be interested in playing them if they were like that permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They don't have a 'blood elf' form.

They have a blue/purple/white skinned form and then a pure shadow form that currently is a proc.

Personally I'd rather they look more deformed with tentacles coming out of their backs and a permanent hunch.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-12-11 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koroniss View Post

Didn't they have a pale human/Belf skin tone version of them hanging around? Or was that fan made?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Didn't they have a pale human/Belf skin tone version of them hanging around? Or was that fan made?
    That was fan made by DeicideUH I think. He wanted to show what a Void Elf could look like with Blood Elf skin tones back when we were debating whether they would have them or not.

And yes, they looked so, so wrong.

You can't stand Alliance races and you're all for Horde, yet you play the race that does not fit in Horde aesthetically? -.- :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Really hope it doesn't work like with Worgen. And if it does, at least I'd like the option for a transform command, so that addons can auto-trigger "transforming back" on leaving at the end of combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should work like Worgen but honestly I'd be pretty okay with any of the poll options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    That was fan made by DeicideUH I think. He wanted to show what a Void Elf could look like with Blood Elf skin tones back when we were debating whether they would have them or not.

And yes, they looked so, so wrong.
    Out of curiosity, do you have a link to this handy?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They said they would have a corrupted and a less corrupted form. Their blue/shadowy skin in their normal form, the neon purple or whatever (if that datamine is true) is the other form.

But no, they won’t have blood elf skin tones.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Honestly I think it would be amazing if they were void all the time. Not gonna lie, I'm a Horde loyalist, but those Void Elves make me want to roll a filthy Alliance just because they are so cool looking.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they are shaped like tentacles, round like tentacles, and they are smooth with no lined hair texture.

They are also completely independent of chosen hair color. As seen (here): They are tentacles.
    Having fiddled around with the wowhead wardrobe, I can say with great certainty that those are tentacles. That hairstyle makes them look like hair effects, but a lot of other hairstyles make it clear those are independent growths.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Does void elves’ blood elf form make them more interesting to you?
    The answer my friend is yes. The reason? That I can tell you in one word. TENTACLES!!

Your welcome in advance.

Deleted
    So let me get this straight!

You are a full horde supporter, which means = pink skin fairies okay, blueish skin fairies not okay. Am i spot on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    So let me get this straight!

You are a full horde supporter, which means = pink skin fairies okay, blueish skin fairies not okay. Am i spot on?
    It is quite amusing how Blood Elves are coming out of the woodworks to say how much they love the Horde, isn't it?

FYI lads, I don't mean to tell you how to play the game, but if you're picking a Blood Elf then you aren't really a fan of the Horde 'theme'. In the same way, if you pick a Night Elf, you aren't really a big fan of the Alliance 'theme'. Both races are oddities within their faction and don't correspond with the aesthetics, haha.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if they used any model other than the blood elf one, i would have absolutely no interest in ever playing one. I plan on rolling a void elf warlock simply because I like the blood elf model on a warlock, and I want to move my belf lock to the alliance. I want to spend as little time as possible as an elf-shaped blueberry.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it