Post Cataclysm Healing...Healadin - more like Helad-out

I wanted to see what % of healadins are going to stay holy when cataclysm comes out.
    I've seen the pros/cons.
    I've played a healer since vanilla. I know what it used to be like, and what it's like now.
    Why they're trying to make the game more 'challenging' for healers is beyond me.
    Having 'combo' points to heal WHILE watching the raid's health WHILE maintaining raid awareness WHILE controlling your mana...this makes no sense to me.
    I don't want to QQ, but healers have one of the harder (if not the hardest) job(s) in wow. Why make this harder?
    It's time for me to switch to dps. I've had enough heart-ache with this being 'easy'.

The only difference you've listed is the addition of Holy Power. Eventually raid awareness is a blue message accross your screen, checking mana is your eyes darting to your mana bar. So on and so forth. I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

So you fall under the % that's going to stay (with added arrogance too - grats!)

So, they make paladin healing more than just midless spaming holy light and you are quiting? God forbid they give you 4 new heals, a cone, an ae off self, a third single target, and a free heal you'll het doing your normal healing thing. You are being a bit cynical.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

That's exactly what I'm saying.
    I don't think that the job of the 'tank healer' is mindless spamming.
    We do all hard modes and that requires concentration, proper use of CDs and mana management of course.
    I think the way they're going with paly heals isn't fun for me.
    I didn't create this thread to say - hey look at me QQ - I'm quitting because our job became harder.
    I want to see if anyone else is thinking about switching from heals to a dps/tank class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    The only difference you've listed is the addition of Holy Power. Eventually raid awareness is a blue message accross your screen, checking mana is your eyes darting to your mana bar. So on and so forth. I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.
    hehe :]

Sounds like crying to me. I have a healadin, I stopped playing him b/c of how easy it is. In Vanilla is was mostly buff each person, even during a boss fight, and throw in the occasional heal while running out to drink. It sucked. Now you have more heals, yes, and mana will be in issue for everyone. DPS isn't much easier, I have a lock and a shaman as my mains now. It's harder playing my lock then it ever was healing on my paladin. BoL, HL HL until my hand got tired. No this is a step in the right direction. And the combo points aren't something you have to watch really. When you stack em, your next heal gets bigger from what I understand. Also don't plan on spamming heals.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

I'm watching the looming Paladin class changes as a whole with no small degree of trepidation. I’ve felt our class has needed some serious attention for a long time now. I’ve really felt that Blizzard had less of a clue about our class than most players. But I’m a little concerned about he fact that their plan is to just tear it all down and start over as opposed to just addressing player concerns.

One thing I can count on Blizzard for is to eventually get it right. It’s just that “eventually” that is the problem. A terrible leveling/early raiding experience in Cata while Blizzard irons out the kinks might just be enough to put me off the class entirely.

Will I be quitting my Paladin? I think it’s still far too early to be asking this kind of question. Anyone who answers this now is really doing themselves a disservice, jumping the gun without all the facts. This question will be best answered during the couple of months after 4.0 is out but before the release of Cata.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heald-out? Ouch

15+ Year Old Account
    I love my holy pally, but I admit I'm pretty nervous. It's hard to teach an old dog they say ... and everything is changing, so that doesn't bode well for me. My blood ran a little cold last week when Blizz commented that they thought they'd made holy pallies too difficult in the beta. Honestly, if Blizz thought that then I think I'd consider it a given that they're too difficult (for me anyway). Still, there's no use crying until you try it, right? I'll have to relearn everything, but that's what 5 mans are for. I'll keep any extra gear I come across leveling to 85 so I can rethink my spec then if I need to.
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2010-07-27 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

I find it funny that there's a large # of people that post saying that I'm crying or QQ'ing.
    I simply think that being a healadin isn't as easy as most think and I do not like the way they're going with changes to healers.
    I have 10 80s and all are decently geared (thanks to a stint of unemployment - most are 4 piece t10). Out of all of the healing class that I have (yes, all 4), I find that being a GOOD holy paly is one of the more difficult things to do. I would say that the only class that is more difficult to heal (heal well that is) is a holy priest.
    And I for one have to make a judgement call before the expansion comes - whether or not I want to play a healadin. This will give my guild enough time to find a spot for me if I decide to play a different class/spec (which is how it's looking atm).

It's funny how you make it sound awfully complicated.

I'll be sticking with my Holydin whether the changes are good or bad, I daresay whatever they do I'll adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the disconnect here is the content each side is running. For most content, healing as a Holy Paladin is rather easy compared to other classes. The content you're running though puts a much bigger strain on Holy Paladins, and therefore healing as a Holy Paladin is harder for you. Unfortunately for you, Blizzard focuses on the experience the majority feels, and the majority runs content that is easy as a Holy Paladin.

paladin healer is a hard job... you have to beacon 1 and spam all other, few so hard... =/

common, the dude saying is hard?! try to get a class where you have actualy make decisions like a druid or a holy priest, even disc priest... thats hard. and here is some1 complaining about getting a buff some times when getting to x combos... come on, its pretty much the same with a new hability on it, that buffs you...

Spamadins crying about their class is hard, now I have seen it all.

Why are always paladins the ones who complain about everything, jesus christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk
    The goblins have allied with the horde in the past, so i assume that the Alliance force thought that the Goblins are once more in league with the goblins.

I play all of the healer classes and I still think a GOOD healadin is the hardest to play.
    Check out our guild meters on wowmeters and look me up. Also check out our progression...I'm not a novice.
    I suggest you go out there and play other classes.
    The amount of narcissism and arrogance on this thread (minus a few exceptions) is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Spamadins crying about their class is hard, now I have seen it all.

Why are always paladins the ones who complain about everything, jesus christ.
    While I do agree this happens most, I'm look forward to the changes made to all specs making the even harder to master , please dont stereo-type (even if you didn't I'm just saying it).

OT:
    OP as someone above stated the only new thing is the holy power to watch at really, before you complain try it out you'll most likely learn it quick, and it'll be a new rotation learned. Trust me it's not so much ~ anyway PvE holydin is kinda... err you know =).
    Oh and btw you never know if they remove the ideas anyway - beta is beta for a reason ^^.

Edit: mistake maken ^^
    Last edited by Slanyou; 2010-07-27 at 06:22 PM.

I feel a little similar about disc priests in Cata, seems there are some benefits to dpsing smite in between heals, and its a talent you can't skip. Maybe I'm not in the best guild.. but I heal like crazy when I'm running icc25, I top the healing charts.. but I'm pretty busy.. I don't sit back ever.. my rotation is pretty simple.. but I'm watching 25 health bars.. using cd's, dispelling, moving a lot. I think if your doing your job it doesn't mean its easy. but maybe I'm wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed due to the number of trolls that are coming out.