Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I pull around 10-12k on any given fight depending on the length and fight mechanics. I hit 14k once, but it was because of fight mechanics so eh.

6k is low, my friend just got geared for heroics and is already pulling 10k+ easy.

I don't mean to brag or any thing but I do about 18k DPS on my mage. *flex* Yeeeeah I'm just that badass.

Naw not rly. I'm down with the 9k-12k guys depending on if all the procs go off as planned and I don't miss a Deep Freeze. I should enchant my gear....and gem my boots....but I figure its all gonna be replaced soon and I'm poor and I'm lazy so I don't want to.

But in all seriousness, I now see why DPS is so popular... Its hilariously entertaining to show off your top DPS to other people and then pretend its no big deal. XD

I'm generally doing 11k-12k myself, but I'd be fine with seeing 9k. I'd get concerned if I saw someone below that.

I've been itching to say this for a while now...

How much DPS should you be doing, starting out in Cataclysm endgame?

Isn't it obvious?? It's over 9000 !!!!!!

as destro lock i do around 9k to 11k average for most fights...ive done 13k on some bosses 15k on altarius (spelling?)...ive also done 4k on 3rd boss of H Stonecore...it all depends on the boss encounter really...on 3rd boss of stonecore reflect is a pain and im constantly singeing magic on the healers to get paralyze off...as other posters have said...its all about surviving and not taking avoidable damage...so far very few of the heroic bosses are dps races...although having awesome dps in H DM is definately a must...my ilvl was 335 last heroic i ran fully...8k-12k should be where ur at for most bosses at around 333 ilvl +/- a few points...only people i see doing 15k - 16k on a boss fight im doing 10k - 11k on have a 340+ ilvl...and so far only feral druids and mages...ive been lucky in pugs tho only cuz they dont kick me while we kill trash...cuz my dps on trash is crap...specially trying to fear things and CC things having no good AoE...usually only pull 4k to 6k on trash but then ill top charts on boss fight with 11k dps and most damage done...since idk about other locks but i rarely dot up any of the trash mobs unless they have 1000k hp

EDIT/ forgot to mention heroism/bloodlust....wasnt including that into the occasional boss fight
    Last edited by Whiskeyjaq; 2010-12-15 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet to do any heroics yet, the guild DPSers I run with normally do around 7-12k (overall) to upwards of 10-15k (during bosses).

It depends on the gear of the groups and what their roles are. When dps have other roles to be filling, their dps can drop. On tank n spank bosses I'm pulling around 8-9k dps, sometimes more. With other bosses, anything above 6k will be alright, anything less than that, however, and that person could be pulling your group down.

I think a good metric to compare yourself against is the dps requirement for the new Vault-style boss. In 10 currently, given 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 6 dps, dps needs to average about 10.5k per player to meet the enrage timer.

Between 12k-14k as a Surv Hunter with iLevel avg of 330

In a Tank and spank fight i do something around 12-14k.
    The standard dps I see in heroics atm is around 8-11k,but the " 5k dps guy" still exist in every group I run,and he always be a mage or a warlock,i dont know why.

Warrior Arms (PvE)
    Warrior Fury TG (PvE)

im a hunter in just about all 333+ gear with 2 greens and im doing 14-15k dps on boss fights with my cooldown and without 13-14k dps.

The dps in my guild will do 12-15k in 5m single target tank n spank fights. We are all in pretty much full heroic/jp blues and rep epics for a frame of reference.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

On my survival hunter ilvl 344 Tank n Spank boss fights with Bloodlust I do 20k, without BL 17k.

Normal Boss Fights (aka movement) 15k.

What do I expect other dps to do on tank and spank boss fights? 10k minimum.

Deleted
    posting on this thread causes an epeen bonus +10

I do 10-13k on my hunter in my current ilvl 337 gear.

Working on getting some key pieces that will allow me to gain more gems, and thus, more damage (agility is an extremely weighted stat, very powerful)

The problem with most of these posts are using fights that buff their dps or fights with multiple adds to inflate their dps. Very few people are actually able to do 14k+ on a single target fight that does not increase your dps in anyway. I am sure that a lot of these people bragging about their dps don't even know the fight mechanics and think that they are actually pulling 17k without any buffs. On single target tank and spank fights I was pulling about 12k dps as a Combat Rogue in 340 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezusian View Post
    On my survival hunter ilvl 344 Tank n Spank boss fights with Bloodlust I do 20k, without BL 17k.

Normal Boss Fights (aka movement) 15k.

What do I expect other dps to do on tank and spank boss fights? 10k minimum.
    The fact that you include a with and without bloodlust beckons me to ask for screenshots of non gimmick bosses.

with 60% crit on cobra during the first 20% of bosses i start out doing as much as you say you do all the time, then i drop down to 10-12k. Sometimes slightly higher.

ilvl 340 sv hunter, hit 13k max but mostly 11-12k. It really depends if others can kill off boss faster resulting in shorter fight and higher dps results.

Quote Originally Posted by gathanasiou View Post
    Fire Mage, ilvl 340, hit capped for heroics (still missing ~5% for raid bosses), ~6k sp, around 25% crit with Molten armor (I've focused on hit, that's why crit's low, I also gem for some crit). Maxing out 20k dps on Erudax, Grim Batol hc with full cds, when he casts that void thing for +100% dmg on him.

Generally I pull out around 13k, which I think is preety good for the state of gear I am in.

Nerya - Twilight's Hammer EU for the non-believers.
    Thanks for the epeen flex on a gimmick boss mechanic. At least you included a realistic number too.

10+ Year Old Account
    At level 83 in Stonecore, I was pulling down at least 8.5-9k at all times, and my ilvl is still well below 300 overall. If you arent doing at least 8k at 85, theres something severely wrong.