Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    I feel there was 10x the amount of groups in oque.
    And for how long did OQ exist before it became mainstream and widespread? Give this one some time and people will start to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    I feel there was 10x the amount of groups in oque.
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherladycb View Post
    Agreed about the amount of groups. Have been looking for an Ordos group only two listed and when you sign up it only last a few min. Before you are booted and it says expired.
    Perhaps there aren't as many groups because, oh, I don't know, CURRENT CONTENT IS BEYOND IRRELEVANT AND PEOPLE ONLY CARE ABOUT GETTING GARROSH KILLS FOR BOA's?

p.s. Make your own Ordos group. It's not hard.

btw OQ is still working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But you can't search for difficulty and boss unless both are in the name of the group.
    It won't be long before some sort of standard code will emerge for listing a raid.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    The % of ppl with OQ working is way less than the % of ppl with Blizzard premade finder thats a fact, every person with WoW installed has premade finder the only problem with it is some people have no clue it exists and still spam /2 LFG, these people need to be pointed in premade group finder direction, educate your server instead of ignoring people and assuming everyone knows everything you know.

Bliz one needs some fine tuning but Im pretty sure most of the crying posts here haven't bothered to open their help window and submit a suggestion to Blizzard about how it can be improved, instead they turn into Keyboard warriors and lay siege to the mmo forums ......

I've found every group I have needed within 5 mins, sometimes groups struggle to find a tank but thats not the finders fault thats just a lack of tanks, and thats more because people turn into fucking morons on the internet and flame the shit out of any tank who makes a mistake or does something slightly different from how they are used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest pet peeve with this new group finder thing is that a lot of times when I join groups they invite me, I wait around while group is forming... then frequently find I'm removed from the group with no explanation. It's annoying if no reason is given and I can't then whisper the leader to ask what was going on unless I manage to find the same group in the list again and reapply to join then quickly whisper him.

It's frustrating, because I don't know if the group disbanded or if they thought I was afk or something or if they decided they don't need me or what the reason was... but a number of times I've sat for 30 mins patiently in a forming group only to be kicked and unable to whisper the leader for any kind of explanation. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It won't be long before some sort of standard code will emerge for listing a raid.
    I see a bunch of groups completely omitting the difficulty from the title. It's not really necessary when you can select the raid/difficulty from a drop-down menu upon group listing. When searching, the raid/difficulty filter thing should also be a menu selection, and then the filter operates on that selected type.

Also, Blizzard's filter doesn't have operators like "or", "and", or "not"; it only filters for that specific string.

these functions are in the API now...so addon developers can build filtered models and ones with features people like to see.

I don't know how to program in LUA otherwise I would have one already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just start using it and people will adopt it. I hated updating OQ every damn day.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I really dislike that the new groupfinder is very, very, very limited. Only shows you 25 groups at most. Is limited to your region.
    It got upped to 100 groups now.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It got upped to 100 groups now.
    This is what happens when people come up with more constructive criticism that doesn't consist of "bring back oQueue".
    The new tool is open to addons, so allowing more custom options for filtering or the UI.
    If anyone thinks the new tool is lacking, then take time to present a good argument to blizzard.
    That is how you will move things forward, and the increase to the number of groups shows that blizzard have listened.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    oq is done best you can do if forget about it the new group finder is really good .

By far the biggest advantage it has is its not an addon so multitudes more will use it than any addon. No matter how good the addon is, there are only so many people who would go out of their way to find a premade group finder addon, even really good players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.