Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Praytell View Post
    not even that bad a name.

i once saw a guy called Dkdkdkfromdk. He was a Paladin, not a DK, and when i asked him, he said he was from belgium.

So to reiterate, Dkdkdkfromdk was a paladin from Belgium.

I still remember him with a chuckle to this day
    LMAO.

/10 char

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yup. Deserved. Wishing horrible, horrible diseases on someone and insulting people's intelligence is ground for permaban. It's sad that you don't see that.
    You need to read. He didn´t wish anything on anyone. He said he GOT those diseases from that name.

OT:
    Still kinda deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't really tolerate that kind of internet "banter", I've seen people banned for less and get away with more, but that's just the nature of the report system.

Yeh, you deserve a ban for that kind of garbage-posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    It's actually older than that, I first remember hearing it in an episode of Futurama in 2003:
    Its much older, in the Netherlands cancer can even be used as a verb, it is pretty much the "fuck" of the language. But its not only cancer, it is the most prevalent, but things as typhus or tuberculoses are also often wished upon things/people.

I got perma-banned for using "!@#$" twice. I am not making this up; I self-censored and they sent me a 1-week ban and later, a perma ban before I knew I did anything wrong. I did eventually get them to give me one last chance, so I currently have forum privs back (you could probably try this in a few months), but yeah. Just a heads up that they ban for some really stupid shit sometimes.

Yours was a little more deserved though. You directly insulted him by saying "I can't believe any person with an IQ of 50 and higher could think it's a good name for a character. ". Whether you think that or not, you cannot say that on the forums.

Just like in real life, you need to be a little more sensitive to the stupid or idiotic in certain circumstances.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praytell View Post
    not even that bad a name.

i once saw a guy called Dkdkdkfromdk. He was a Paladin, not a DK, and when i asked him, he said he was from belgium.

So to reiterate, Dkdkdkfromdk was a paladin from Belgium.

I still remember him with a chuckle to this day
    I saw a warrior named Restospec once.

Keep that shit in twitch please, thank you.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    I think some people here didn't even read through the (very short) text inside the OP. Which is baffling because I wanted to make it as easy as possible to read. As one of the posters said, I never told him that I wish HIM anything. If anything, I wished it upon MYSELF. I did however say that I think his IQ is low, which is hardly something that should warrant a permanent ban as people have said and keep saying much harsher words.

You seem to operate under the assumption that I am like most people - silent and sucking it up when someone is being openly retarded. I usually have the habit of not saying stuff to someone online that I would not have repeated to him/her in the face, I don't care if you believe me or not. This argument of "you wouldn't say that to me in the face" is getting really old. You think people are afraid of you or what? Also, I wouldn't just OPENLY start to insult other customers over nothing. They would have to have done something bad to provoke a reaction from me. In the case of mr. Illidandhdh, his stupid self-entitled thread provoked me and his name sounded like the guy is an idiot, so I posted a response which in my mind, is worthy of his post - unconstructive and flamebaity.
    ITT: You proving that you deserved that ban.

The post that earned you a ban is commonly known as "shit-posting". Your post added nothing to any possible discussion, and directly insulted another poster. Take the ban as a lesson, think before you speak (or post).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Permaban for that...? Lol.
    If you had multiple prior short-term bans, sure.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    The hell? Why? Cause it's an overused meme? Hush up now, will you? The damned DH can name whatever he pleases.

Allow me to report your avatar then, Geran. See how that feels...
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/100550

Serious Violations
    Serious violations include any names that:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people, be they in the game or external.
    - Include the names of any World of Warcraft customer support representative or employee of Blizzard Entertainment (both real names and aliases).
    - Are mildly inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions.
    - Are references to illegal drugs or activities.
    - Have racial, ethnic, or national connotations.
    - Have any connotations of major religions or religious figures (e.g. Jesus, Christianity, Buddha).
    - Include names of World of Warcraft realms, zones, or names of major characters from Warcraft lore.
    - Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world.
    - Advertise any organisations or websites.
    and that is why it is against blizzard names policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    You need to read. He didn´t wish anything on anyone. He said he GOT those diseases from that name.
    Maybe you should read the whole thread instead of just the first page before you comment. You would have seen I already apologized for misreading...

Deleted
    I only read for about 1,5 pages of comments, but I'm already scratching my head...

First of all, people saying "wishing diseases on someone is bad". Can you read? He wrote that the DH's name gave HIM cancer and ebola. He didn't wish it on the DH.
    Second, get me banned if you want, but I too find it hard to take people with such names seriously...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    Second, get me banned if you want, but I too find it hard to take people with such names seriously...
    The irony is killing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That kind of language would likely lead to an infraction here, and anyways, there's not much to discuss. It's basically been pages of the same comments on loop.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)