Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    What other content do you want? Honestly, they content they're providing is pretty good. I mean the raid is attached to this patch along with a new 5 man for running Mythic+.
    I want all of the content at once, not dribbled out. And my comment was in reply to all of these people saying there's SO MUCH great content. Since you didn't understand that, I'll restate my take - there's nothing much to do, most of it's repetitive and the gating plus invasion timing plus the lackluster weekly chapter of the story progress means that we login, do the one weekly quest and we're done for the week. There's not any reason to drip that out.

What else do I want? Ideally I'd like 2 or 3 new dungeons that give relevant gear and integrate into the story. I'd like the invasions to be more of a threat (the endless Legion seems very laid back in following KJ's "Burn it to ash!" directive). I'd like more variety in WQs and a more involved quest line for the story quests.

I GET that we will always be able to play through content faster than they can release it - that's fine. But pretending like there's a ton of stuff to do is just bullshit. There's not.

PS: Part of the issue, too, is that once we hit revered with Legionfall and have flight (presuming we've done the other stuff) there is really no reason to do things like races, WQs for supplies, etc. I did all that stuff to get from Friendly to Revered because I wanted flight. Now? There's no compelling reason to get to Exalted aside from a mount IIRC. So I'm left with stuff that doesn't give me anything I want, invasions that mostly aren't up when I play in the evening, a single instance that gives me gear I don't care about because I have better (ironically from shards....) and a 'story' quest that doesn't tell me a story.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-04-26 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Sign me up with them.
    And me as well!
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Nope. Just hovered around groups.
    Then you was ridiculously lucky because you can be waiting 40mins and still not get the rare, that said its hotfixed so every mob drops meaning you don't really need rares now

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

well they are truthful it is a huge patch because remember patch 7.2.5 is still part of 7.2 it just comes later
    also ToS is part of 7.2
    and if all of these quests came out in 1 week, much less people would be complaining
    That's the thing though; you can't really call it part of the same patch when it's almost 3 months later that it drops. Sure, they can label it whatever they like, but no one is buying that 7.2 is taking almost 4 months for the entirety of the patch to drop.

I don't agree with that poster complaining it's the worst patch ever, but I'm also not naive enough to go "Yep, this is all one patch."

Frankly, I think Blizzard needs to step back, go "We have this much content; we expect it to last this many months; we feel that x hours a day play time is a fair amount of play time." then do the math. So basically they need to go, "Okay, the average player plays WoW for 10 hours a week. We want to release the next patch in 4 months. So that means we need enough content to last 192 hours of play." They then need to design content to fill at least 3/4 of that amount. If players decide to burn through all that content in 8 days (192 hours / 24 hours in a day), that's on them. Blizzard then needs to stand firm and go "We designed this content with our average player in mind, not necessarily people who want to speed through it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The problem with their focus on world content in Legion is that type of content is extremely limited because it doesn't have nearly the replayability of a dungeon or raid (particularly now that we have m+). For me, what little draw this type of content has is from exploration and seeing new things. That is gone with a second playthrough. With a dungeon, the challenge and the gear makes it replayable.
    agreed. Also, a dungeon can be something you do with friends so you can hop on vent, talk and stuff while doing a dungeon or three. World content CAN be done that way but often it's just as easy to solo it or do some random group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    That's the thing though; you can't really call it part of the same patch when it's almost 3 months later that it drops. Sure, they can label it whatever they like, but no one is buying that 7.2 is taking almost 4 months for the entirety of the patch to drop.

I don't agree with that poster complaining it's the worst patch ever, but I'm also not naive enough to go "Yep, this is all one patch."

Frankly, I think Blizzard needs to step back, go "We have this much content; we expect it to last this many months; we feel that x hours a day play time is a fair amount of play time." then do the math. So basically they need to go, "Okay, the average player plays WoW for 10 hours a week. We want to release the next patch in 4 months. So that means we need enough content to last 192 hours of play." They then need to design content to fill at least 3/4 of that amount. If players decide to burn through all that content in 8 days (192 hours / 24 hours in a day), that's on them. Blizzard then needs to stand firm and go "We designed this content with our average player in mind, not necessarily people who want to speed through it."
    I don't even think they need that much content. Some repitition is expected and is OK. But if they have, say, 40 hours of content then they need to say, OK, after those 40 hours of new things, people are going to need a reason to repeat content. That doesn't have to be gear - it could be a pet or mount at a certain rep or as a random drop from a boss in a dungeon. It could be a title. Whatever.

The other issue is that spreading 40 hours of content over 3 months feels thin. Now consider 7.2 so far. There's not 40 hours of brand new world content there. Not close.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post

so when a raid in vanilla or BC couldent be done for a good few months after a patch it wasent part of the patch?

the thing is crying about "7.2 sucked" if they dont want to inlclude 7.2.5 then they have to consider

legion has

well bc for example had
    2.2 (Literally just voice chat)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so when a raid in vanilla or BC couldent be done for a good few months after a patch it wasent part of the patch?

the thing is crying about "7.2 sucked" if they dont want to inlclude 7.2.5 then they have to consider

legion has
    It's not if a raid starts after the patch drops it's how much of the patch is left after the raid drops. Again, BRF was technically a 6.0 raid but come on, 6.1 dropped the next week. In reality, most people raided BRF during 6.1 and so many of us considered it to be a 6.1 feature.

If ToS drops a week before 7.2.5 or during 7.2.5 then either it's a 7.2.5 feature (and not one for 7.2) or, if you want to lump 7.2 and 7.2.5 together then you cannot count each of them as its own patch when making the argument that they've dropped a lot of patches.

Basically, you can view them as ONE thing (7.2.0 and 7.2.5 are all 7.2) or as TWO things. But you cannot switch back and forth based on what you're talking about. Well, you can but you lose any credibility. Thus your list is EITHER 6 patches OR it's 3. Not both, depending on the point being made.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-04-27 at 05:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it's not if a raid starts after the patch drops (although they mostly started then), it's how much of the patch is left after the raid drops. Again BRF was technically a 6.0 raid but come on, 6.1 dropped the next week. In reality, most people raided BRF during 6.1 and so many of us considered it really a 6.1 feature.

If ToS drops a week before 7.2.5 or during 7.2.5 then either it's a 7.2.5 feature (and not one for 7.2) or, if you want to lump the two together then you cannot count each one as its own patch when making the argument that they've dropped a lot of patches. Basically, you can view them as ONE thing (7.2.0 and 7.2.5 are all 7.2) or as TWO things. But you cannot switch back and forth based on what you're talking about. Well, you can but you lose any credibility. Thus your list is EITHER 6 patches OR it's 3. Not both, depending on the point being made.
    i think you missed my point

either we count them all as different patches and go "they released alot of content patches" (i dont think it right way)
    or count them as 7.2.5 also = 7.2 and still go "ok there is only 3 content patches this expansion

as i was pointing out if we consider 7.2.5 a different content patch then 7.2 we mgiht aswell consider them all differnt, and alot of old expansions didnt have that kinda thing (i can only think of 3.3.5 and 6.2.5

im agreeing with you on that last point, i was just making an example of what the other spectrum is
    if they wanna say 7.2 is small then they have to say legion has alot of content patches compared to other expansions
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

I don't even think they need that much content. Some repitition is expected and is OK. But if they have, say, 40 hours of content then they need to say, OK, after those 40 hours of new things, people are going to need a reason to repeat content. That doesn't have to be gear - it could be a pet or mount at a certain rep or as a random drop from a boss in a dungeon. It could be a title. Whatever.

The other issue is that spreading 40 hours of content over 3 months feels thin. Now consider 7.2 so far. There's not 40 hours of brand new world content there. Not close.
    No, I totally agree with you there on that point. I'm not saying "200 hours of completely fresh, new content" but "say 200 hours of content that people won't want to rip their eyes and hair out after doing it over and over." Repetition is fine to a degree, but they can't just make 20 hours of content and expect people to repeat the same content 10 times over either.