Thread: Holy Radiance

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy Radiance

Alright, from what I remember HR's mana cost is pretty high.

and they are increasing it 5% more?

isn't the spell already getting nerfed?

Well as of now on the live server, Holy Radiance is 40% of base mana and if you have the secondary haste cap can heal upto roughly 16k on a single target with 14 ticks of the thing

So technically its a decrease of the mana cost by 5% instead of 10% and if you where to compare durations the spell is actually being buffed

Over the same duration of 10 seconds, the new Holy radiance can heal upto 36k on a single target

Those numbers are rough estimates off what ive seen on the PTR ^^

EDIT: They also do not include critical strikes, just base healing with full 378 pre-made gear

I really don't get this spell anymore. It was quite nice to press during aoe damage phases as a Ret, but with the cast time next patch and the mana cost increase it'll just get removed from my bar.

Pointless spell seems pointless. Again. Paladins cannot have nice things in this game it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    I really don't get this spell anymore. It was quite nice to press during aoe damage phases as a Ret, but with the cast time next patch and the mana cost increase it'll just get removed from my bar.

Pointless spell seems pointless. Again. Paladins cannot have nice things in this game it seems.
    Right. Taking away a mindless AOE heal from a DPS and turning it into another tool in a healer's toolkit is just... dastardly. How dare they. Blizz hates Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post

You're looking at it from the perspective of a ret. The change is to make holys better at group/raid healing. Instead of a fire and forget trickle of health, they are working on making radiance a true group heal.

I don't play a pally my SO does, so I'll leave it to the holys to test it and give their feedback as to its effectiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Maverick View Post
    Right. Taking away a mindless AOE heal from a DPS and turning it into another tool in a healer's toolkit is just... dastardly. How dare they. Blizz hates Paladins.
    Indeed. How dare they remove a healing ability from Prot and Ret in order to make it easier to balance them more towards their respective roles of tanking and damage dealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    You're looking at it from the perspective of a ret. The change is to make holys better at group/raid healing. Instead of a fire and forget trickle of health, they are working on making radiance a true group heal.

I don't play a pally my SO does, so I'll leave it to the holys to test it and give their feedback as to its effectiveness.
    Exactly. The entire paradigm of healing in this expansion is about using your spells properly in the right situations. The live version of HR does not reflect this at all.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

As of right now on the PTR HR is a better spell than on live. We can be a better raid healer when the raid is stacked than other classes.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Deleted
    Don't worry it's 5% less than it is on live.

I think there will be another nerf about the "hot stacking" from 2 HR casted on 2 different targets

Yeah, I feel they are doing a better job of making this a more balanced and viable tool. As noted above, don't worry about the "increase".

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    Don't worry it's 5% less than it is on live.

I think there will be another nerf about the "hot stacking" from 2 HR casted on 2 different targets
    thats why they are increasing the mana, so you kinda can't just spam it on everyone

with the 5% increase I think it will be a bit over 10k mana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Indeed. How dare they remove a healing ability from Prot and Ret in order to make it easier to balance them more towards their respective roles of tanking and damage dealing?

This ^ only really applies if they make competent well thought out & fine tuned changes to ret & prot. Otherwise your better off as you were before.

Let's not forget when was the last time blizzard has actually designed ret or prot right, most of the time they do a bad job & only achieve some semblance of a decent design after many many changes. Even then it's still often sub par & badly balanced compared to most other classes/specs.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

The spell will now become only useful to one spec. Maybe I should have added "Ret and Prot" in my "Paladins cant have good things".

Regardless, the spell only being useful for one out of 3 specs is pretty shoddy. For example, an Enhance Shaman can use his Maelstrom Weapon procs for any type of direct healing and his AoE heals (chain and healing rain spells) to make them instant cast. Yet Ret and Prot have no way of making them instant, which means they reset the swing timer, making them a massive dps/mitigation loss. They should really have kept the old Wrath heal system where we could insta FoL, but extended it to the other heals as well, and added the system to Prot so there was a choice of damage or healing.

Enhance Shaman are far more balanced as a melee class than we are at present, which is pretty stupid imo considering we are supposed to be the melee hybrid. They even have a defensive cd which is also a mana regeneration ability all in one, which is pretty impressive for pvp for a class that uses mana as a resource.
    Last edited by Ap0calypse; 2011-11-02 at 02:59 AM.

Deleted
    Surely an enhance shammy using 5 maelstrom procs on a Healing Rain is a big dps loss too?

Quote Originally Posted by Earsofpower View Post
    Surely an enhance shammy using 5 maelstrom procs on a Healing Rain is a big dps loss too?
    It's not a question of whether or not it's a dps loss, it's whether or not it's a net-survivability gain.

If just one person - say a DPS - survives because you popped out a HR on yourself or a Healing Rain - then it's a net group DPS gain and as such worth it.

I like how HR is now. Although I do only play Ret and Prot it's a nice survivability tool. It keeps me up for just that bit longer while soloing large groups, it helps out during heavy AoE damage phases and it's all at only the cost of a single GCD.

Although I would be less grumpy about giving it up if they made Divine Guardian baseline.

As things stand now HR is the only AoE damage mitigation (sorta) that Ret paladins get. Which seems a bit sad that Ret rides low on dps and utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's not a question of whether or not it's a dps loss, it's whether or not it's a net-survivability gain.

If just one person - say a DPS - survives because you popped out a HR on yourself or a Healing Rain - then it's a net group DPS gain and as such worth it.

I like how HR is now. Although I do only play Ret and Prot it's a nice survivability tool. It keeps me up for just that bit longer while soloing large groups, it helps out during heavy AoE damage phases and it's all at only the cost of a single GCD.

Although I would be less grumpy about giving it up if they made Divine Guardian baseline.

As things stand now HR is the only AoE damage mitigation (sorta) that Ret paladins get. Which seems a bit sad that Ret rides low on dps and utility.
    So you think HR should stay the same because rets want to use it once every 60 sec? That's seriously your reasoning? Well I think that TV should scale from spell power instead of attack power so that I can dps during Alys ground phase.

Well everyone, looks like ret and prot are doomed now. They're losing their 1 minute healing spell that heals people for 450 for 10 seconds. Games over. Lets pack it up and go home. I mean, holy is getting a heal that could potentially heal 100k+ in under 3 seconds, but who cares if they can't heal themselves for 5-6k every 60 seconds right?
    Last edited by patrixlul; 2011-11-02 at 01:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is great they give Hpala a proper AoE spell that isn't just a passive radiance but an actual choice of what to heal. The tuning of it however mustn't fail, since if they are too good at both single and raidhealing, you know what will happen Paladins already sits at a comfortable ~30% of all healer spots at current content, with Disc, Druid and Shammy at around 18-19%, HPriest 8%.

I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about at all, and it should be exciting to have more control of a AoE spell than you have right now?

Deleted
    I feel this nerf was needed but on the PTR it hasn't had a massive impact on how I heal, only to be more careful and aware on when I should cast spells and save mana reducing CD's for grouping up and spamming AoE phases

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motrax View Post
    I feel this nerf was needed but on the PTR it hasn't had a massive impact on how I heal, only to be more careful and aware on when I should cast spells and save mana reducing CD's for grouping up and spamming AoE phases
    This is not a nerf, we've been buffed.

I for one am enjoying the new HR. it makes stacking phases much easier to heal. In some cases im out HPS'ing druids in aoe situations by 5k+. I think blizz did a good thing with this spell.