10+ Year Old Account
    Wee I finally registered my early access Stormblood code.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wee I finally registered my early access Stormblood code.
    I wish we could get the pre order items now. =/ It would be so useful to level up my WHM and BLM before SB.

FYI if you dont have it and are interested FFXIV ARR is £11 on PS4 right now, £14 with HW thrown in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I wish we could get the pre order items now. =/ It would be so useful to level up my WHM and BLM before SB.
    Stupid ass MCH got forced to 45. Ugh I really dislike the RNG nature of this one.

at least the cast times will be gone in SB, though the rng is still there. watching happys video he was definitely spamming his first shot a couple times to get procs.

looking forward to new bard

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my day today.

To keep it short;
    No bonus A1S (Robust > Sturdy window)
    Expert roulettes queuing me with a tank that doesn't chain pull (literally full Garo DRK) and everyone else excluding me eat every. single. AoE. possible. Had to ress 7 (SEVEN) times during Gowrow with the tank dying three times, BLM two and NIN two.

I'll be reducing my Anima (when completed, have currently 7 runes) for either RDM or MCH relic in SB, because healing stupid is only something God can do. And he doesn't exist. (Just to make a point, let's not delve further into it)

You are braver than me. That's one of the laundry list of reason I can't seem to will myself to play until SB hits. The average skill level at an all time low. Those horror stories are the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Not my day today.

To keep it short;
    No bonus A1S (Robust > Sturdy window)
    Expert roulettes queuing me with a tank that doesn't chain pull (literally full Garo DRK) and everyone else excluding me eat every. single. AoE. possible. Had to ress 7 (SEVEN) times during Gowrow with the tank dying three times, BLM two and NIN two.

I'll be reducing my Anima (when completed, have currently 7 runes) for either RDM or MCH relic in SB, because healing stupid is only something God can do. And he doesn't exist. (Just to make a point, let's not delve further into it)
    Yeah you get those sometimes. I was doing my expert roulette today on my MCH and here I am pulling 4K on the boss while the BRD with better gear is at 1.5k.

Stupid ass MCH got forced to 45. Ugh I really dislike the RNG nature of this one.
    That's my main at the moment haha. I enjoy it because it can be incredibly rewarding but it does get annoying sometimes when you go 5-7 shots without a single proc. I'll probably be switching to my original DPS main MNK from ARR depending how BLM, SMN or BRD play out.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-03 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People should play healers more often and see that we are in fact Gods in sheep clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    You are braver than me. That's one of the laundry list of reason I can't seem to will myself to play until SB hits. The average skill level at an all time low. Those horror stories are the norm.
    ^This, all the years of mmos taught me the month before an expansion is the month most skilled players take a break before the binge and you get a lot of new players or the hyper casual "what expansion? when was this announced?" type players who like mmos as chat rooms with graffix.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    ^This, all the years of mmos taught me the month before an expansion is the month most skilled players take a break before the binge and you get a lot of new players or the hyper casual "what expansion? when was this announced?" type players who like mmos as chat rooms with graffix.
    Lot of unsavory people in low level dungeons at the moment. I'm leveling my WHM to 50 before SB so I can help my friend with his SAM and... yeah. I got told by a new leaf DPS that it's okay for him to pull tons of mobs ahead and not wait for the tank. I get they're not hard but when a freaking healer tells you to stop that (me) then you should listen. I'd rather DPS and make the run faster than heal your squishy BLM ass. They're lucky that I'm a nice person and heal them through their stupidity. On top of this I'm doing more DPS than them with the little moments I can DPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Lot of unsavory people in low level dungeons at the moment.
    Well i've seen a lot of "bored with legion and heard this is getting an expansion" posts online soooo

/spice

It is only gonna get worse with paid tickets to lvl and skip story. Nothing worse than a shitty player who isnt even playing it for story. makes you really scratch your head as to why the hell they bothered.

It is only gonna get worse with paid tickets to lvl and skip story. Nothing worse than a shitty player who isnt even playing it for story. makes you really scratch your head as to why the hell they bothered.
    Yeah...I always get confused by those sorts of players. They'll criticise games like The Witcher 3 for having 'too much story' when that's the entire point of the game in the first place. In MMO's, those same types of players obsess over the fabled 'end game' and then kick and scream about a lack of content after ignoring the bulk of what is on offer.

What I don't understand how this story skip changes anything if you didn't want to bother doing the story in the first place? I mean sure you skipped ARR and HW but you'll still be forced to go through 4.x story to unlock content?

They'll criticise games like The Witcher 3 for having 'too much story' when that's the entire point of the game in the first place.
    Or that there's too much side content. Yeah I mean its called "side" content for a reason. I'm not even joking too, I've heard people hate on that game for that very reason.

I think people overestimate how bad this is going to be. They expect a burst dam of bad, when it's really gonna be more like a 5-gallon bucket of water tossed in a pond. A splash, some ripples, and eventually it'll settle to negligible levels.

Things are gonna be rough at first in new content anyways, cos nobody knows the fights. And people with the new jobs will all be learning, same as the changed jobs. Some will adapt quickly, some will take longer, some won't bother. Same as it's always been, no matter what type of content is in the game, or paths to level cap. People who want to learn to do content well will do so, and everyone else will do as much as they feel like, to whatever end that gets them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final-freakin'-ly, I just farmed my last 3 runes (well, technically ~2.66 runes) with an extremely amazing group and finally, finally, my beloved Canopus.

Onward to Lux we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah...I always get confused by those sorts of players. They'll criticise games like The Witcher 3 for having 'too much story' when that's the entire point of the game in the first place. In MMO's, those same types of players obsess over the fabled 'end game' and then kick and scream about a lack of content after ignoring the bulk of what is on offer.
    Some people play rpgs for the power trip and gratification. Think of dungeon runs. For every player thinking 'a party moves as fast as its slowest member' theres some bunny hopping dickhead spamming "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGO" because you are all disposable chodes there to facilitate making his numbers aka "the theoretical dick" bigger and they equate that to a sense of self worth that makes hindering that quest a personal attack that must be met with rage. different strokes for different folks.

Unfortunately in videogames this often can lead to 'wider market appeal' design that kills the core audience, doesnt bring in enough new ones that butterfly to the next thing a screamer streamer tells them to 'get hype' about and so the ip dies.

Looking at the zone preview videos makes me once again not like their design of the zones. They look cramped again, narrow, linear, small. Man oh man I hope I don't waste my money on this expansion. Why can't they make their zones larger, more open, less linear, less narrow. Heavensward zones were weak in my opinion. Better than ARR but still weak. I feel the zones are the worst part of FFXIV. Gameplay, graphics, animations, spell graphics, music, etc are all amazing but the zones are just shit.

As for the classes, the summoner changes look neat(Who wouldn't like Bahamut for a temp pet?!), Black mages look neat and their new spells(Hopefully Enochian is less of a pain in the ass), Paladin is looking much better... Question is what the hell do I focus on. Red Mage looks interesting as well. This is always my problem with new expansions... What class do I focus on!! arrrggg

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Looking at the zone preview videos makes me once again not like their design of the zones. They look cramped again, narrow, linear, small. Man oh man I hope I don't waste my money on this expansion. Why can't they make their zones larger, more open, less linear, less narrow. Heavensward zones were weak in my opinion. Better than ARR but still weak. I feel the zones are the worst part of FFXIV. Gameplay, graphics, animations, spell graphics, music, etc are all amazing but the zones are just shit.

As for the classes, the summoner changes look neat(Who wouldn't like Bahamut for a temp pet?!), Black mages look neat and their new spells(Hopefully Enochian is less of a pain in the ass), Paladin is looking much better... Question is what the hell do I focus on. Red Mage looks interesting as well. This is always my problem with new expansions... What class do I focus on!! arrrggg
    What? Heavensward areas were incredibly open to a fault.