Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    That's a totally valid complaint. I've heard both SCH and SMN complain about the new playstyles. It feels like they tried to "fix" the jobs going into Heavensward and really made them both unfun.
    Not to reopen that discussion again, but yes. SMN has been made both far easier to play, one button spam, and far more punishing, missing with a Fester or a Bane will sink your DPS for the next 2 minutes at least. The SCH is a White Mage with a passive Regen. Like the WAR, they're both really suffering from a lack of a clear identity right now and that really shows with the SCH especially.

It's why I've been putting serious thought into dropping them both and leveling up something else. Possiably a Ninja or a Black Mage. I'm not a huge fan of FATE grinding, but I'm not exactly enjoying either of the Arcanist jobs at 70 either. So it's suck it up and level or quit playing and I'm not sure which of those sucks more right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    But we can get so much HP!
    I feel compelled to ask how you managed this? I would assume Defiance and Thrill of Battle account for a sizable chunk, but the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It's why I've been putting serious thought into dropping them both and leveling up something else. Possiably a Ninja or a Black Mage. I'm not a huge fan of FATE grinding, but I'm not exactly enjoying either of the Arcanist jobs at 70 either. So it's suck it up and level or quit playing and I'm not sure which of those sucks more right now.
    You have plenty of options for how to level. Do the roulette, POTD, dailies, hunts, PvP, mix it up to keep any one thing from becoming too repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    If you haven't done it before, give DRK a go simply for the story. 30-50 is probably the best class/job quest line in the game thus far (although I have not done all of the SB stuff as of yet, only BLM).

Mechanics/gameplay wise, any of the three tanks are going to be fine. At this very moment, though, PLD is king of tanks.

I mainly play BLM, and while I've done a fair amount of tanking, I don't run EX or savage content as tank, so I am not a de-facto expert on the subject of tanking, at least on the high end content. For story and solo content, though? Any of them are fine.
    After typing up a rather lengthy response I came to the conclusion that I'll boost Dark Knight. Paladin, while the king of tanks, just doesn't fit my ideal aesthetic and since it's for MSQ story only anyway and DRK and PLD are both completely functional tanks I'l go with that. No offense to any Warrior fans out there, it's just not my thing (have all classes to 60 so I gave it a solid try) I just prefer DRK and/or PLD. Part of may be idle and swinging animation. I mainly play female Miqo'te or female Highlander and I can't stand the animations of the big axe on those character models.

I feel compelled to ask how you managed this? I would assume Defiance and Thrill of Battle account for a sizable chunk, but the rest?
    It's entirely an unrealistic number for sure. A friend and I were just messing around to see how high we could get my HP.

My gear is all 310, except for the weapon which is 320, and 3 of the accessories which are also 320 (Lakshmi fending earrings are hot garbage)
    As far as buffs go:

Echo - I was in T1
    Defiance
    Thrill of Battle
    Food - nothing crazy, just a Grilled Turban you can buy at Kugane
    Supramax potion of Vitality
    Troubadour - the lv 62 Bard ability that increases HP by 15%.

I think outside of a party without food, but with Defiance and Thrill, I'm only at 71k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    You have plenty of options for how to level. Do the roulette, POTD, dailies, hunts, PvP, mix it up to keep any one thing from becoming too repetitive.
    Yeah, I've actually felt pretty decent in terms of leveling. My other 2 classes I'm currently working on are RDM (67) and WHM (62) at a fairly casual pace. I'll run some roulettes with my friends and if any of them want to tank/heal I'll bring the RDM or if they both want to DPS I can use the WHM. While not doing that I'm doing the hunts. If I see a Rank A/S around me I swap to my main class of PLD to do that and then get back into my killing of the lower level hunts and doing any Bonus EXP fates that happen to be around with the closest in level class I have. I find the amount of options really nice at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm looking to transfer to the Primal Data Center in order to play with friends (Currently on Cactuar in the Aether Data Center) what would be the best world to transfer to (My friends aren't all on the same world).
    I'm on Behemoth, worlds plenty populated see people all over, and I dont think I've seen a queue higher than like 70?

In fairness, all the out of game descriptions state 85% - Including the one on Squenix's site. That said, I don't have a Paladin in game myself to check it. Either way, it's still a very powerful skill in it's own right and one that's very easy to use well with very little coordination. Combined with the SCH Sacred Soil it could allow you to cheese some mechanics without too much difficulty.
    I figured you had assumed it was 85%. It's just a really shitty tooltip thats all. It says it reduces damage to 85% of what it would do (also known as a 15% dr). I have no idea why they opted for that approach as it's not intuitive, doesn't follow MMO standards, and is not the same approach they've used thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to reopen that discussion again, but yes. SMN has been made both far easier to play, one button spam, and far more punishing, missing with a Fester or a Bane will sink your DPS for the next 2 minutes at least. The SCH is a White Mage with a passive Regen. Like the WAR, they're both really suffering from a lack of a clear identity right now and that really shows with the SCH especially.

This may not excite you enough to get back into Summoner but I just read an interesting expose on the new SMN. One of the higher ranked SMN players mentioned that at first the class seems clunky but once you understand the new rotation/system it actually flows together really well.

I'm not a Summoner player by any means but I thought this might help anyone out who is having issues with the new Summoner.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...QBPy1E/preview

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    After typing up a rather lengthy response I came to the conclusion that I'll boost Dark Knight. Paladin, while the king of tanks, just doesn't fit my ideal aesthetic and since it's for MSQ story only anyway and DRK and PLD are both completely functional tanks I'l go with that. No offense to any Warrior fans out there, it's just not my thing (have all classes to 60 so I gave it a solid try) I just prefer DRK and/or PLD. Part of may be idle and swinging animation. I mainly play female Miqo'te or female Highlander and I can't stand the animations of the big axe on those character models.
    Oops; I lost sight of the fact this is on an alt character, so didn't think that you may have had them all leveled on your main.

I haven't seen the oddness concerning the WAR attack animations on female Highlander; they look good no matter what tank job you play (course, I am biased and think they look great at any job ). Besides, we can do those things with our tongues, y'know...at least according to Garleans (I'm referring to a rather hilarious couple of chat bubbles from Garlean soldiers in one of the later MSQ duties). I had to stop and laugh at that whole exchange for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The issue with Roulettes is the queues, they tend to be quite long for DPS and you can only queue for one at a time which inflates the time you spend waiting. You also can't queue for them while doing POTD or PvP, which leaves you doing open world content while waiting on them to pop.

Normally I'd just power my way through tons of Levequests while waiting, but since those aren't an option in Stormblood it leaves me with FATE grinding. I could also do any left over quests of course, but I did most of them while leveling a WAR to 70 too .

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'I figured you had assumed it was 85%. It's just a really shitty tooltip thats all. It says it reduces damage to 85% of what it would do (also known as a 15% dr). I have no idea why they opted for that approach as it's not intuitive, doesn't follow MMO standards, and is not the same approach they've used thus far.
    It is a very poorly worded tooltip, but I also never took the time to read it carefully either. My fault as much as it is theirs. My best guess is it came about because a different translation team handled it and ran with a more literal translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    This may not excite you enough to get back into Summoner but I just read an interesting expose on the new SMN.
    Thanks for the guide. I've already read it, but thank you for bringing it to the attention of others who may not be aware of it. Quite a lot of the content boils down to using common sense, but it is nice to have some napkin math to back it up.

Unfortunately no amount of learning to play fixes massive changes in Job direction.

Oops; I lost sight of the fact this is on an alt character, so didn't think that you may have had them all leveled on your main.

I haven't seen the oddness concerning the WAR attack animations on female Highlander; they look good no matter what tank job you play (course, I am biased and think they look great at any job ). Besides, we can do those things with our tongues, y'know...at least according to Garleans (I'm referring to a rather hilarious couple of chat bubbles from Garlean soldiers in one of the later MSQ duties). I had to stop and laugh at that whole exchange for a minute.
    I haven't played enough on Highlander to say I hate or love anything yet, I do like how she looks in the character selection screen and that her running animation isn't terrible at this point but that's about it. I'll play more and decide.

I know the exchange you're talking about, it made me laugh as well and may have been part of the reason I made my new character a Highlander female... >.> I like their Hempen Camise looks.

Got some good suggestions for worlds, How's Famfrit anyone know?

Also is it possible yet to add people from other worlds to your friend list?

Lol what? I'll have to look that up do you remember which duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Lol what? I'll have to look that up do you remember which duty?
    I don't recall the name of it exactly.

Spoiler-ish if you haven't completed the MSQ entirely: It's the duty where you're following Thrancred through the Ala Mhigan quarter and at the end is when you battle Fordola; the exchange happens right near the start of the duty. The soldiers were off to my right when I started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I haven't played enough on Highlander to say I hate or love anything yet, I do like how she looks in the character selection screen and that her running animation isn't terrible at this point but that's about it. I'll play more and decide.

I know the exchange you're talking about, it made me laugh as well and may have been part of the reason I made my new character a Highlander female... >.> I like their Hempen Camise looks.
    I'm not judging; I saw that and my response (after laughing) was "no wonder I like this character!".

I may be in a minority, but I'm actually not that crazy about the hempen camise outfit on my character. If I could choose one, I'd probably pick the elezen one, with Miqo'te and Midlander one after that.

Edit: Here's that exchange, for those who may think I fell off my rocker (and I wouldn't blame you for that one bit):

Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-06-29 at 09:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm here to vent about Lakalakashimsahm bullshit primal fight. FUCK that encounter. Worst boss I've seen since that dumpster fire that was Zurvan, or the wannabe Escaflowne boss. I hate mechanics that have people running around like chickens with their heads cut off because the UI doesn't give you ANY info. It's like throwing you in a pit with smooth walls, no tools and telling you to escape in "X" minutes or you're dead. WTB echo buff now, at least. I can't tell you how frustrated this whole thing is.

On another note, who the fuck is Zenos? I mean, seriously? How is it that people are singing his praises as an antagonist? He has to be the most hollow, bland antagonist I've ever seen. I hate when story tellers establish the strength of a character, and then proceed to flub it by constantly introducing random overpowered adversaries to test his mettle. Where the hell did this guy come from? Have we even seen him before? Have they set a precedent for Garleans to have that kind of martial prowess, because if so I've missed it completely. I would have been fine if they'd seeded this kind of thing before. If perhaps, Garleans had been set up properly as serious physical threats to the player. It REEKS of the terrible plot behind Alexander. "Alexander is so powerful it's draining aether from the surrounding environment". WHERE?! Show me the effects of this, don't just TELL me. That is awful storytelling to me, and somebody needs to say something about it or else we'll continue to get more of the same. They can do better.

/endrant

10+ Year Old Account
    So, now that I've Astrologian and Paladin at level 70 - thinking of leveling DPS job next. Anybody here with 70 SAM, I've heard that they have two attacks with positional requirements, how does it play at max level?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    So, now that I've Astrologian and Paladin at level 70 - thinking of leveling DPS job next. Anybody here with 70 SAM, I've heard that they have two attacks with positional requirements, how does it play at max level?
    The real test will be Omega but it plays pretty fluidly in my opinion! The positional requirements are just for the end of each of the two three move combos, the first will want you at the side of an enemy and the second will want you at the rear. You get bonus kenki (resource points) as a result of hitting the positional requirements but it's not the end of the world if you miss a few of them because of boss mechanics or dubiously placed AoE pools.

Also, I finally got my hands on Ravana's mount. I tried farming it repeatedly back in 3.0 but I never won a roll. Decided to try my luck in 4.0 and...I won the roll and even got the new Ravana katana too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The real test will be Omega but it plays pretty fluidly in my opinion! The positional requirements are just for the end of each of the two three move combos, the first will want you at the side of an enemy and the second will want you at the rear. You get bonus kenki (resource points) as a result of hitting the positional requirements but it's not the end of the world if you miss a few of them because of boss mechanics or dubiously placed AoE pools.
    Aight, cheers - don't really like idea of dancing around target, so having only few positional requirements is nice. And gratz on bird.

Tried Susano Ex earlier on Duty Finder, wiped few times on enrage but at least I saw the fight - can't wait to have raid-team up and running once people finish leveling and gearing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hit 60 on my samurai. Wasn't expecting the twist! My mouth was hanging open. Delivering that final blow and watching him topple over broke my heart

I'm really bummed I didn't get a title, though. I got one for smn and sch when I did their lvl 60 quests like a year ago. Bummer :/

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Just hit 60 on my samurai. Wasn't expecting the twist! My mouth was hanging open. Delivering that final blow and watching him topple over broke my heart

I'm really bummed I didn't get a title, though. I got one for smn and sch when I did their lvl 60 quests like a year ago. Bummer :/
    You'll get it at 70. It's because they only need 20 levels and are Stormblood jobs.

I got "The Red" for Red Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the 10 minute reset REALLY helped the big population servers. So at least the solution did work even if it was a bit heavy handed. Glad to hear people can actually log on now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ort=confidence