10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    There aren't that many colors that fit well with heterochromia imo. Red Blue, Blue Green or Red Green are the more fitting / common ones. Other eye color combination tend to require complementary type of clothing / accessories else it feels a lot more out of place than it already is.

Least that's how I see it.
    I used it on my paladin to work with the eye scar he's got. I don't normally do the facial scarring thing, but it worked out pretty well this time.

Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Only thing I am a little bothered with is that the moonkeepers/ sunkeepers have the limitations of either cat like eyes or fangs -_- I want both dangit
    I wanted a male moonkeeper with black hair with red highlights and red/yellow cat eyes and fangs but then SE goes NO you shall pick either fangs or eyes huehuehue.

For the rest cant wait to play with the benchmark
    It's worth remembering that most cat species have round pupils.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I never never NEVER will understand how people let their own choices be influenced by what other people like. Are you all trying so hard to be a unique snowflake?
    Just like wow "Oh i want this transmog but everyone is running with it so i just use something i dont like much".
    Sense. Nowhere to be found.

Sorry just my weekly rant.
    Besides. Its cute..little...cat girls. Did you really expect them not be in the top 3 of played races?
    Eh, it really depends on the particular looks they pick too. I don't mind being part of a popular race, but it's a bit of a bummer to run into a clone of your character around every corner. Everybody likes being a little unique.

This is also why I'm always a supporter of more character looks customization in MMORPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Il just be rolling Miqote because there the fittest... :P
    Humans arent bad either, but a bit boring imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planning on playing with a female Elezen. Just hope I can make one just like the one I played during P3 :P

(sprint animation is kinda clumsy tough :S)
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Everyone and their mother played a odd eye coloured, female Mi'Quote with on the beta it seemed to me. I actually almost felt unique just playing a male midlander.

Oh nice new dungeon overview video.

I liked the music. I wish the showed new ones though.

I always laugh because it's amusingly sad that people base what race they're going to play on other peoples' choices since, you know, it's what avatar you're going to be staring at as long as you play. "I can't be the popular race, that's too mainstream! So, I'll pick something else I didn't like as much."

Get real.

I'll be playing male Miqo'te because I want to and it'll be nice to have the chance after not having a male option in FFXI (that was lazy design considering the "reason" wasn't even put into to the story until after the first expansion to try to explain away PS3 RIMITATIONS). Being able to be one here, that's aesthetically pleasing, that has cool battle animations (even if the /sit looks like he's about to take a shit right then and there), and actually has a non-embarrassing sprint (@you Elvaan clones) is why I'll pick it. If the game ends up being 80% Miqo'te then the developers obviously made a race that people really like and should probably inquire post-launch as to why the others aren't if they want them to appeal.

As far as heterochromia is concerned, again, it matters what color they choose because...? If someone has terrible taste and wants to do bright pink with lime green then let them as it doesn't concern you. Plus, last I checked, this game is still rooted in fantasy and I don't see how weirdly colored eyes are any more "out there" than launching massive blasts of fire, ice, thunder, air, or earth is.

Seriously, stop worrying about what race other people pick or their choice of eye colors: it doesn't matter. If it bothers you that much before the game is even out then chances are you probably won't enjoy playing at all if little personal choice matters like this bug you so much ("I can't like this game because everyone likes to jump too much, so I unsubscribed.").

People worry too much about other's people choices about inconsequential matters entirely too often.

Worry about keyboard turning, or using INT/MND gear on a melee, or someone that doesn't understand how to heal. You know, something that actually matters.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2013-07-25 at 07:53 PM.

Thank you for showing us the error of our ways by complaining about our complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    PS3 RIMITATIONS
    HA HAAAaaaaaa... Racism.

I guess I'm one of the few not overly interested in M'quote. I'll roll either female Hyur or a female Roe. Is there a chance at making an ugly male character in this game? All the ones I see Hyur/M'quote look quite, well pretty.

A little info on hard modes.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/07...tles-detailed/

Be interesting to see just how difficult they really plan on tuning it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^
    Interesting. I'm hoping for something really really difficult. I feel pretty good about it though, considering they are having in-game tests from not just their team, but apparently 'other departments'. Yoshi-P has always said he has enthusiasm for MMOs, too, so I hope that means he knows what hardcore 'raiders' want.

Hey guys, i was wondering.. Should I change the Info on the front page? Like get rid of the changes and put info on the classes and dungeons? etc

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

In the subscription fees, what is standard and entry membership tier?

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few not overly interested in M'quote. I'll roll either female Hyur or a female Roe. Is there a chance at making an ugly male character in this game? All the ones I see Hyur/M'quote look quite, well pretty.
    Ugly character in a JRPG doesn't exist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

In the subscription fees, what is standard and entry membership tier?
    Standard is your $15 monthly sub with 8 character.

Entry is $12 or 13 (forgot) with one character. Reallyonly matters if you want alts.

^ One character per server*

I hardly ever go elf in these games, but I think I'm leaning towards an Elezen Duskwight male this time around.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Male Hyur Midlander Dragoon(first class) here. I personally think the Miqo'te look too feminine. Looking forward to looking like Cecil from FFIV!

Also - LOL at the guy whinging about people whinging. Some people have such a high opinion of themselves.
    Yes, because clearly pointing how out idiotic it is to not choose a race (which people admit they like) simply because other people like it just as well is whinging.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder when the next Beta phase comes. I'm impatient >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Commercial looks amazing. (For people that are familiar with FF series)
    Last edited by Elvine; 2013-07-26 at 06:10 AM.

That was...one of the more pointless commercials I've seen. I guess they hit the FF fans with chocobo's and all that, but I don't see how it will draw in any non-FF fans and it says very little about the game unless you actively look for hints (bus = lots of people, dude and chick drawing together = playing together, bus = trip/journey) and try to interpret things that are probably either unintended or far too subtle : /

Cmon Squeenix, you're good at CGI trailers, make a good CGI commercial with some actual gameplay in it!