10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Flare got nerfed for aoe
    =o
    I have to admit that it was a bit op.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Yes expansion has been awesome so far! I dont know about BLM but DRG is awesome!
    There have been a lot of whiners saying DRG is bad now but thats the incredibly unskilled crowd that used to play DRG. The rotation is a tad harder now but they are in a very good spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Many people dislike the new DRG skills but I personally enjoyed them.

You get a buff that increases your party's crit, a self buff that increases your Jump/Spineshatter Dive (this one is very important it's called Blood of the Dragon), 2 skills that do the exact same thing BUT with a small twist and a straight line damage.

"Blood of the Dragon" lasts 15 seconds, you can use "Wheeling Thrust" and "Fang of the Claw" to extend its duration by 15 secs. Its current duration can't be longer than 30 secs, so if you extend it at 20 secs it'll go up to 30 secs.

You can only use "Wheeling Thrust" and "Fang of the Claw" if you have "Blood of the Dragon" and another random buff that you get after you finish your Chaos Thrust combo or Full Thrust combo. If the buff you get at the end is "Sharper Fang and Claw" you can use "Fang of the Claw" else if it's "Enhanced Wheeling Thrust" then you can use "Wheeling Thrust".

The only difference between "Wheeling Thrust" and "Fang of the Claw" is the positional bonus. Both deal 100 potency if used at the wrong spot and 290 if at the right spot. The right spot for "Wheeling Thrust" is from behind and the right spot for from the flank.

"Geirskogul" is the level 60 ability, it's off GCD, deal damage in a straight line, costs no TP but it consumes 10 secs of your "Blood of the Dragon". So basically you want to optimize this ability to never let your "Blood of the Dragon" end.

I personally enjoy this new play style.

I can't comment on BLM because mine is still level 50.
    DRGs definitely sound awesome, I'm glad they still require skillz to play. You guys are making me want to just call in sick for the week and play already lol.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flare got nerfed for aoe
    What?! They nerfed Flare in Heavensward?

What about Holy? That shit was stupid OPed and is the strongest AoE bar none in the game, on a freaking healer, when I was playing.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    What?! They nerfed Flare in Heavensward?

What about Holy? That shit was stupid OPed and is the strongest AoE bar none in the game, on a freaking healer, when I was playing.
    Yes, flare and holy essentially received the same treatment. For every mob aftr the first it steadily gets weaker and weaker. 10%less damage for 2nd mob -> 20% 3rd, 30% 4th, 40% 5th and then 50% for all mobs after that
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2015-06-22 at 04:20 PM.

Finally got the Collectors Edition codes from GMG. Time to fly on that majestic Gryphon.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    AST has the best "YEAH LEARNED THIS SKILL" after level 50, haha.
    I know right, I've been loving them

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Has anyone tried astrologian yet? How are they?
    I've been enjoying it so far (level 55 at the moment)

Going off the official forums though you would think its the end of the friggin world as it seems like everyone's crying how underpowered it is. So far I've been healing stuff fine. Vault has me worried though as they are saying that last boss is an issue with the aoe or something. But who knows I'll find out when I get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flare got nerfed for aoe
    Holy also, same with the new Gravity all function the same.
    I think they realized that the AoE was a bit too broken?
    Side note I love how AST casts Gravity, float in the air.

Think SCH has the best AOE of all the healers now. O.o
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-06-22 at 06:57 PM.

Think SCH has the best AOE of all the healers now. O.o
    So we got something to counteract the fact that they nerfed Lustrate? That Lustrate nerf really sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully DRK gets more interesting when I get Dark Arts...so far it's kinda meh.

Deleted
    I parked my WHM at 52 and decided to get MCH as first job to 60 (just dinged 42). Kinda sucks because I'm curious about the story, but Machinist is a lot of fun, and duty finder is sooooo good for dps at the moment I had to take advantage of this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    So we got something to counteract the fact that they nerfed Lustrate? That Lustrate nerf really sucks.
    It's a nerf and buff depending on who you're healing. Lustrate sucked with people with low life but was great with tanks. The annoying part is I can't use it with cleric stance now .
    SCH always had a decent AOE, it's just now that others got nerfed, that theirs is better. The only issue is that Bane got nerfed years ago and have a cap of 4 targets, admittedly having more was a bit broken. It is also the most MP efficient AoE, other classes have the worse resource efficiency.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    sooooo good for dps at the moment I had to take advantage of this situation.
    Which is weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only issue is that Bane got nerfed years ago and have a cap of 4 targets, admittedly having more was a bit broken. It is also the most MP efficient AoE, other classes have the worse resource efficiency.
    BANE ALL THE THINGS. PAINFLARE! DEATHFLARE! *Runs off laughing like a maniac*

no the power of being a summoner with all these snazzy skills has not gotten to my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    no the power of being a summoner with all these snazzy skills has not gotten to my head.
    Uh huh... *nods*.
    >.>
    Least SMN got some useful AoEs.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, even as a BLM, Flare was pretty OP, and:

In raid, let's see, what bosses I can really use Flare on:
    T4 (due to entire turn is trash heaven)
    T5 the 3 snakes spawn, and later 5 snakes.
    T10 maybe when speed nuking them down
    T12 initially when all the birds spawn in P3
    T13 during add phase

So Flare wasn't really widely used anyway, it is mostly for dungeons, and that is probably exactly why it was nerf, as most groups back in 2.0 when setting up groups were doing BLMx2 only.

It sucked a little, but is still a good spell to use (just not as OP), and with the new dungeon almost being gated at every pull, you don't really get big packs like Brayflox anymore anyway.

I am sad, but I will live with it fine.

It's a nerf and buff depending on who you're healing. Lustrate sucked with people with low life but was great with tanks. The annoying part is I can't use it with cleric stance now .
    SCH always had a decent AOE, it's just now that others got nerfed, that theirs is better. The only issue is that Bane got nerfed years ago and have a cap of 4 targets, admittedly having more was a bit broken. It is also the most MP efficient AoE, other classes have the worse resource efficiency.

Which is weird.
    It probably has something to do with the tons of DRK and AST I've been seeing in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    I know right, I've been loving them

I've been enjoying it so far (level 55 at the moment)

Going off the official forums though you would think its the end of the friggin world as it seems like everyone's crying how underpowered it is. So far I've been healing stuff fine. Vault has me worried though as they are saying that last boss is an issue with the aoe or something. But who knows I'll find out when I get there.
    I think the problem is, is that they're not grasping that AST isn't a pure healing class. It's very support heavy, and because of that, it would be too strong over all to have the heals have the same or more potency as WHM or SCH who offer only healing/mitigration. AST allows you to buff your party members, which theoretically should lower your healing over all due to, causing your DPS to do more dps, killing the boss faster, causing less healing to need to be done, causing your tanks to take less damage, causing less healing to need to be done over all. The people complaining aren't understanding that to play AST ideally, you need to remember that to be an effective healer in that class, you need to support correctly.

By helping your DPS do more damage (Balance/alltheattkspeed/actionspeed) and your tanks take less damage(Bole), allowing yourself or other healers to use less mana (Ewer (Could also throw Ewer on a BLM for one more (2?) fire(s)), it should over all help on healing because the fights either going faster or you made it so there's over all less mana stress.

Having all of the support stuff above, AND stronger healing meant for a more pure healing class. It'd be broken. Might not seem broken to those who don't understand their support role within their class, but over all it'd be too strong. If you want to just heal and not bother with understanding why you're throwing those cards out and how they make an impact on the fight, just go WHM or SCH.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this talk of Summoners and Astrologians and Machinists...I don't know what to doooooooo. The Aetherflow additions make SMN so appealing, but so do the tarot cards and stances of AST and the resource management of MCH. Then of course we have Dark Knights, which get some of the most badass gear ever and look fun as hell with all the level 60 abilities. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    All this talk of Summoners and Astrologians and Machinists...I don't know what to doooooooo. The Aetherflow additions make SMN so appealing, but so do the tarot cards and stances of AST and the resource management of MCH. Then of course we have Dark Knights, which get some of the most badass gear ever and look fun as hell with all the level 60 abilities. /sigh
    On the plus side, you can be all of those

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Gonna take a helluva lot of FATEs to get them all to 60 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Eventually yes; but which one first is the million dollar question.

I play a BRD a WAR and PLD; been thoroughly confused which to level first. Now add MCN and DRK to the mix as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Gonna take a helluva lot of FATEs to get them all to 60 though.
    Heh true, but at least you'll get the 50% bonus xp for any after the first.