Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Levelling Too Slow...

So I've been in EGA for 3-4 days now and have been playing my Consular and loving it; the story lines are engaging and immersive, and they make you want to keep playing way longer than you should (Ya... stayed up til 4 am last night.)

However, even though I'm online all the time, I notice guildees advancing levels quicker than myself, some gaining 2 levels in the time I usually gain 1, even while playing less than I do. People I quested with yesterday at level 15 are already level 22, while I'm still at 18. What's up with that?

And before you all shout "LAWL U MUST b JUST A BADDIE LOLZ!!1!!1", let me just say I advance through quests relatively quickly, have no problem killing mobs at a good rate, or finding groups from the heroic phased quests (though soloing a couple might slow me down a bit). I follow the quest-lines as they are, often completing the small bonus missions, too.

So, I guess I'm just wondering, is there any way to speed up the process a bit? Maybe throw some PVP matches in the mix, or would that be a waste of time? What is everyone else's "levelling process" and how is it working for you?
    Last edited by anathama; 2011-12-19 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you said often completing bonus missions, that could be a prob there, finishing those give a good chunk of XP, also finding lore objects around, you dont have to do the bonuses but could mean your friends are doing them all, also doing flashpoints give nice exp bonuses to
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I'm 34 and I've played since the 2nd batch of EGA on the first day.

I do every quest on ever planet I'm sent to Before moving on.

Perhaps you're just taking your time with gathering, in towns, reading the codex, vendoring etc. Not that those are bad things, but other people might be streamlining their leveling a bit by skipping the flavorful fluff that some of us enjoy.

Soloing group quests is slow, imo. I ask once in genral and if I get no response I drop them from my quest log. I'll join anyone asking for them as well. Other than that, they get skipped. And I'm still WAY ahead of my level for the planets I'm on.

And don't forget to knock out some flash points.

I level at a pretty good pace but that's with finishing all the bonus missions. Space Combat dailies are pretty fast ways of XP as well if you do it. Are you running flash points? There are dailies for those at the imperial/republic fleet as well.

maybe they skip through the dialogue, just don't try dooing pvp for xp, it's not worth it :P

I've played for roughly 23 hours now on one toon and I'm only level 18. I'm enjoying the experience and completing every small thing. Just take your time and enjoy it at your pace.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Id say take your time and enjoy it, it'll be too soon when your at max level and bored with nothing to do

I would think people are just skipping dialog and rushing as much as they can. Some could have been in beta and they already know where to go.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you may be "wasting" time exploring and stuff. People in beta already know where to go, whereas you may be exploring little corners here and there. This is a huge time consumer for me, although I don't consider it a waste since I enjoy doing it. When my JK got sent to a brief mission on Ord Mantell, I spent like 1+ hour exploring the continent and attempting to find datacrons (I do it without a guide, so it's another time sink). On Taris, I spent 2 hours back and forth on another datacron, and another hour+ trying to figure out a datacron which I later found out had to be done with TWO people (I really hate that datacron now, it spoiled my "no guide" policy).

There are a ton of other little things you may be doing that "wastes" time. I decided to do some major catching up after Taris, so I went for flashpoints/pvp and BOOM. Levelling back on track now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Effecive gameplay is the key. You don't have to skip cut-scenes to level fast.: )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    heh i wasted an hour trying to find a way to the datacron on tatoonie in the wound area, you had to go through a cave on the side of a pit and go up
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account
    Do it the way you enjoy it most. This "race to the top" mentality is mostly WoW related. Forget it and enjoy the game.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complete the bonus missions. They give a good chunk of XP, probably more than the regular missions if you see them through their typical 3 stages of completion. You also get nice gear and/or commendation tokens as rewards too, as well as nice drops from the last boss of them. That is to go without saying, that by the time you kill the 60 or so mobs they ask, you have already grinded out a good chunk of a level. Most people seem to be skipping them, so you can more or less get them done fairly quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its not too slow imo, id love it to be even slower :P
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few things you can do to speed up the process.

1. Always do your space missions! They take 3-5 minutes each, and on the first attempt give you as much exp as a heroic group 4 quest. Afterwards they become part of more quests that combined add up to lots of exp.

2. Do your PvP dailies. I know, I know. Mixing PvP with PvE. But a warzone + daily turn in is worth a ton of quests in little time.

3. Always do your bonus missions! They are usually not hard to accomplish, and you never know when it will be a "bonus quest chain" that results in a ton of exp.

Deleted
    I got onto the game like 20:00 played till like 3:30-4:00 and i'm almost level 12.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-19 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    LOL your doing it wrong. I got onto the game like 20:00 played till like 3:30-4:00 and i'm almost level 12.
    Eh not to burst your bubble and all, but the first level are a lot faster. It starts slowing down quite dramatically after level 15ish already.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Effecive gameplay is the key. You don't have to skip cut-scenes to level fast.: )
    No, but skipping all the scenes you can from 1-50 adds up to quite many hours.

This is how leveling should be. It's not the destination, it is the journey.

Your friends might be skipping a lot of dialogue, reading the subtitles and hitting space as soon as they're done.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    So I've been in EGA for 3-4 days now and have been playing my Consular and loving it; the story lines are engaging and immersive, and they make you want to keep playing way longer than you should (Ya... stayed up til 4 am last night.)

However, even though I'm online all the time, I notice guildees advancing levels quicker than myself, some gaining 2 levels in the time I usually gain 1, even while playing less than I do. People I quested with yesterday at level 15 are already level 22, while I'm still at 18. What's up with that?

And before you all shout "LAWL U MUST b JUST A BADDIE LOLZ!!1!!1", let me just say I advance through quests relatively quickly, have no problem killing mobs at a good rate, or finding groups from the heroic phased quests (though soloing a couple might slow me down a bit). I follow the quest-lines as they are, often completing the small bonus missions, too.

So, I guess I'm just wondering, is there any way to speed up the process a bit? Maybe throw some PVP matches in the mix, or would that be a waste of time? What is everyone else's "levelling process" and how is it working for you?

people have been hitting 50 left and right, maybe you just don't know the tricks of the trade?