The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Thanks guys, at this rate I might need someone working for me so if anyone wants to move to CT let me know
    Well...

Hmm.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

One thing I love about this line of work is my constant thought of "how can I make this easier?" Basically how can I do less work with the same outcome lol.
    My current project at work is to design a means of running reproduceable load tests on a specific service. Which is kind of the same type of thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Can't you automate start-up settings, desktop backgrounds, group policy settings (no Windows, I know when I want to download and install updates, and it isn't while I'm gaming) via powershell scripts or something?
    Never tried it. Might look into it before I format, haha...

This is me OCing 5820k. Set multiplier to 40, save exit, done. I don't push it, too lazy to.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well...

Hmm.
    Dude once the office front is up and running and I have things settled in I'll see what I can do to bring you in if you wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude once the office front is up and running and I have things settled in I'll see what I can do to bring you in if you wanted.
    No joke, working all these retail-type jobs where you're as replaceable as an empty shampoo bottle, has given me a new desire to learn and become GOD OF THE IT.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Never tried it. Might look into it before I format, haha...

This is me OCing 5820k. Set multiplier to 40, save exit, done. I don't push it, too lazy to.
    This is me OCing 5820K:

Set vCore to 1.290V
    Set target speed to 4500MHz

hit save/restart

boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    No joke, working all these retail-type jobs where you're as replaceable as an empty shampoo bottle, has given me a new desire to learn and become GOD OF THE IT.
    Come to the engineering side of the force, we have circuits and beer.

Grim Dawn is so hard to drive, it is pushing one thread to 2.9GHz

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate reformats. Getting everything back to what it was takes AGES.
    What? Reformat is the best part of the year. I love all the tinkering and adjusting that comes with a new OS. You can start fresh, it's like moving to a new apartment and doing the decoration from a scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the only difference between 5820k and 5930k is the pci-e lanes? 28vs40. And the $300 price difference.
    This is me OCing 5820K:

Set vCore to 1.290V

hit save/restart

boom.
    Yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    What? Reformat is the best part of the year. I love all the tinkering and adjusting that comes with a new OS. You can start fresh, it's like moving to a new apartment and doing the decoration from a scratch.
    Nooo, screw that D:

Yes, Remilia.

Is the only difference between 5820k and 5930k is the pci-e lanes? 28vs40. And the $300 price difference.
    12 PCI-E lanes, 200 MHz stock turbo clock increase is what you get for 300 dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Yes, Remilia.
    12 PCI-E lanes, 200 MHz stock turbo clock increase is what you get for 300 dollars.
    Worthless!

Congrats on the 1 million mark! That's a pretty big milestone, I think the most views I have on a video is 400 lol. If it wasn't for all my family here in the US and mainly CT I would have moved a long time ago. Plus with everything I have started here now I doubt I'll be moving in the next 10-20 years plus I'm currently looking at buying a house. If things keep going well in a few years I might be able to buy a nice 3 bed 2 bath house outright here but we'll see. CT has a lot of insurance companies and a good amount of coding jobs but it's all boring shit unfortunately, personally if I decide to do more that web design that I'm doing now I wouldn't mind being a freelance programmer.

If you're looking to work with punch cards go to any nuclear plant here in the US, while I was at Millstone I worked as a contractor for I&C(Instrumentation and Control) and worked on a lot of control systems involving punch cards, I built punch cards/programmed PLC's for various systems and worked on 90% analog systems along with upgrading some to Digital. Me and another I&C guy built a full rack for a system measuring incoming water flow for one of the intakes on the Unit 3 reactor along with having to measure temp/flow and controlling how much came in based on those numbers along with keeping the filters that filter out that water intact before it hits the reactor.

As for boring software I primarily like building systems to work with and having freedom in what I do, for the web stuff I do I built my own CMS and I've been using this as I've found it extremely useful. Honestly if I'm to pursue more programming work I'd want to do app dev or some form of game dev and if I ever wanted to go back to working for a company I'd most likely get a job at a nuclear plant again not as a contractor but fulltime and do I&C work again as it was a blast. Granted I've always loved the aspect of working for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is me OCing 5820K:

Set vCore to 1.290V

hit save/restart

boom.
    Slower binned, too.

But did this work? O_O
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before Android Studio was a thing I think people used Eclipse for Android apps development, it's probably still viable but whatever.

Not that many years ago that I used Eclipse... Android studio had just come out if I recall, and think course leader wasn't convinced by it yet, so literally everyone in class used Eclipse for their three projects there.

This reminds me of web development. I still write all my HTML/CSS/Javascript & jQuery/PHP/etc code in notepad++ if I'll be honest.

Slower binned, too.

But did this work? O_O
    It survived an hour of Aida 64 and then I got bored and wanted to play video games. Not like anything I do even gets close to full load though. I'm playing grim dawn right now and it doesn't even clock up to the stock turbo speed, let alone my over-clock