Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Voter fraud in America reaching its worst state ever?

Somehow even worse then the elections in 2004 and 2008? The republican caucuses are fraught with fraud right now, many major news stations have the story but are ignoring it.

Video from Ron Paul commenting on it:

Compilation of videos that tv shows did show:

Non-confirmed video of Obama caught on tape discussing it: (If anyone has a source that can prove or disprove this being real, it would help. I have looked in several places, no confirmation)

Interesting to say the least, I researched the elections in 2004 and 2008 exhaustively, and I can honestly say that these caucuses are even worse then those downright stolen elections.

Added: If you have an issue with any of the video sources, feel free to find your own sources that say the exact same thing.

God this is so fucking stupid. Voter fraud to elect Romney I can see. Doing it to make Ron Paul not win is just beyond...seriously. -mod snip-
    Alright. Do we have that out of the way...The reason Ron Paul WONT win is because of his atrocious foreign policy. Plain and simple. No one is voting fraud to keep him out, hes doing that by rambling with his incoherent policies that are not attributable to the 21st century. This has happened...what 4 times in a row now?

And that second video is just...laughable. The Republicans want to desperately end voting fraud, they've tried to pass legislation numerous times in some states, but the Dems feel that you shouldn't need an ID blah blah blah.

Mod warning: No need to get personal
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-03-13 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    God this is so fucking stupid. Voter fraud to elect Romney I can see. Doing it to make Ron Paul not win is just beyond...seriously. Take a step back from politics, because I am 95% sure you are a college student male, who hates both parties (but sides with the liberals more often than not) but calls himself libertarian because he wants stuff to be legalized.

Alright. Do we have that out of the way...The reason Ron Paul WONT win is because of his atrocious foreign policy. Plain and simple. No one is voting fraud to keep him out, hes doing that by rambling with his incoherent policies that are not attributable to the 21st century. This has happened...what 4 times in a row now?

And that second video is just...laughable. The Republicans want to desperately end voting fraud, they've tried to pass legislation numerous times in some states, but the Dems feel that you shouldn't need an ID blah blah blah.

Yes, his "Atrocious" foreign policy, like leaving the stupid wars we are in? But this is NOT a debate about Ron Paul. It is about obvious voter fraud.

If you can honestly watch these, and they are all CONFIRMED news stories, that have facts backing them, and say voter fraud is on the republicans wish list to get rid of, you are hilariously wrong.

It has been proven, and John Kerry even admitted it (though not for years after the election) that the 2008 presidential election was stolen from him in Ohio, literally. The electronic voting machines were tampered with, and now that it is happening again, people are completely blind to it. Interesting.

By the way, I am not "a college student male" but thanks very much for trying to label me, in doing so you proved your own bias.

If you do not believe that this is fraud (Places that are 100% confirmed to have voted listed as 0 voters, places where Paul won, and it was confirmed he did listing him as being in last place) then you are beyond hope.

*EDIT* I had the years wrong, sorry. 2000 and 2004, not 2004 and 2008!

Voter Fraud in the US is basically non existent and statistically negligible.

Republicans rail on it for one reason and one reason alone: because their voters demographically would have no barriers to voting whereas Democratic voters, often poorer and minorities, sometimes with one reason or another they don't want to go to a DMV (maybe they have an illegal relative or overstayed their VISA), would be the ones who fell the impact of it.

Studies have shown consistently that the very same people who do not possess government issued Photo ID are people who vote Democratic. And that is why Republicans want it: their electoral base is white, male and graying.

Republicans know they have a demographic problem. They're dying. Literally. With some 77 million registered Democrats and 34 million registered Republicans, the only reason the Republican party is able to win is because they are a lot more organized at getting their base out to vote (not a hard thing to do if your local preacher tells you to go vote against abortion). But with their voter base entering the twilight years of their life, with the Tea Party a very gray movement, they aren't replenishing their voter rolls with young people who are voting predominantly Democratic, a lot of that due to having been a teenager for a decade of the Iraq War and Bush presidency.

Meanwhile the Latino population in this country is exploding - basically "backpacking" (as we say) the US population growth rate as middle class whites demographically slip below population replacement.

How does this all fit together? Because Republicans have seen the future, and they see themselves at an immense numerical disadvantage as their party's traditional base literally, dies off, while the other party grows. The solution? Make it harder, in any way they can for Democrats to benefit from that Demographic increase.

This is why Republicans are all over border security. They don't want more Hispanics in the country. Legal or illgeal.
    That is why Republicans have savaged College Financial Aid and Rick Santorum says Obama wants to send everyone to college to become liberals: typically speaking more educated folks are Democrats.

And this is why this Voter Fraud thing fundamentally exists as an "issue". It isn't even real. It's intimidation and a wall against "undesirables" voting wrapped in seemingly well intentioned policy (because who honestly wants REAL Voter Fraud?). But have no mistake what this is. This is an attempt to keep Minorities and the poor who would vote Democrat out of exercising their constitutional right.

And there's a whole bunch of other philosophical objections... for example, is America a club, and do I need to show my "club ID" to exercise my rights? If thats the case, let's REQUIRE Americans to have a National ID right? Yeah I'm sure that'll go over well. America is not a club, not a country, and no system of security has been designed that a smart man couldn't get around, so any kind of ID scheme is already a pointless idea.

How do I know all this? Because until last August I was a Republican. And this is the stuff you read and hear from party figures in places that decent folks dare not tread. These are cynical people. This Voter Fraud nonsense was about one fourth the reason I left the party (I believe the party should tack towards the center and try to attract Hispanic Americans, especially 2nd generation ones like myself). The other three reasons were the inability to accept defeat on Obamacare (the issue was argued, our side lost fair and square) / stop questioning Obama legitimacy, the inability to take responsibility for the fact that the National Debt and Deficit both exploding happened under a Republican President due to Republican policies, and the absolutely sociopathic brinkmanship with the National Debt limit last year.

There is no voter fraud in the United States that is in any way shape or form statistically significant. This is another cynical ploy by a cynical party. The best thing any Republican who loves their country more than the party could do is to vote Rick Santorum at every turn, so that when Rick Santorum faces Obama, he wins only 7 states and Obama wins in a landslide. If that doesn't happen, Romney will be the fall guy, and some very cynical, sick people who need to have their political careers ended , will instead win a reprieve until 2016. And we're likely to see a lot more cynical hi-jinks like this Voter Fraud crap before then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    God this is so fucking stupid. Voter fraud to elect Romney I can see. Doing it to make Ron Paul not win is just beyond...seriously. -mod snip-

Mod warning: No need to get personal
    Why do you jump to aggression? Ron paul follows the law, the consitution and common sense, Trade sanctions always lead to war, wars fought by americans for non american powers are illegal if undeclared, which this last 20 years of wars was undeclared.

Anyone who thinks ron paul is wrong on this needs to read the constitution.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Voter Fraud in the US is basically non existent and statistically negligible.

Republicans rail on it for one reason and one reason alone: because their voters demographically would have no barriers to voting whereas Democratic voters, often poorer and minorities, sometimes with one reason or another they don't want to go to a DMV (maybe they have an illegal relative or overstayed their VISA), would be the ones who fell the impact of it.

Studies have shown consistently that the very same people who do not possess government issued Photo ID are people who vote Democratic. And that is why Republicans want it: their electoral base is white, male and graying.

Republicans know they have a demographic problem. They're dying. Literally. With some 77 million registered Democrats and 34 million registered Republicans, the only reason the Republican party is able to win is because they are a lot more organized at getting their base out to vote (not a hard thing to do if your local preacher tells you to go vote against abortion). But with their voter base entering the twilight years of their life, with the Tea Party a very gray movement, they aren't replenishing their voter rolls with young people who are voting predominantly Democratic, a lot of that due to having been a teenager for a decade of the Iraq War and Bush presidency.

Meanwhile the Latino population in this country is exploding - basically "backpacking" (as we say) the US population growth rate as middle class whites demographically slip below population replacement.

How does this all fit together? Because Republicans have seen the future, and they see themselves at an immense numerical disadvantage as their party's traditional base literally, dies off, while the other party grows. The solution? Make it harder, in any way they can for Democrats to benefit from that Demographic increase.

This is why Republicans are all over border security. They don't want more Hispanics in the country. Legal or illgeal.
    That is why Republicans have savaged College Financial Aid and Rick Santorum says Obama wants to send everyone to college to become liberals: typically speaking more educated folks are Democrats.

And this is why this Voter Fraud thing fundamentally exists as an "issue". It isn't even real. It's intimidation and a wall against "undesirables" voting wrapped in seemingly well intentioned policy (because who honestly wants REAL Voter Fraud?). But have no mistake what this is. This is an attempt to keep Minorities and the poor who would vote Democrat out of exercising their constitutional right.

And there's a whole bunch of other philosophical objections... for example, is America a club, and do I need to show my "club ID" to exercise my rights? If thats the case, let's REQUIRE Americans to have a National ID right? Yeah I'm sure that'll go over well. America is not a club, not a country, and no system of security has been designed that a smart man couldn't get around, so any kind of ID scheme is already a pointless idea.

How do I know all this? Because until last August I was a Republican. And this is the stuff you read and hear from party figures in places that decent folks dare not tread. These are cynical people. This Voter Fraud nonsense was about one fourth the reason I left the party (I believe the party should tack towards the center and try to attract Hispanic Americans, especially 2nd generation ones like myself). The other three reasons were the inability to accept defeat on Obamacare (the issue was argued, our side lost fair and square) / stop questioning Obama legitimacy, the inability to take responsibility for the fact that the National Debt and Deficit both exploding happened under a Republican President due to Republican policies, and the absolutely sociopathic brinkmanship with the National Debt limit last year.

There is no voter fraud in the United States that is in any way shape or form statistically significant. This is another cynical ploy by a cynical party. The best thing any Republican who loves their country more than the party could do is to vote Rick Santorum at every turn, so that when Rick Santorum faces Obama, he wins only 7 states and Obama wins in a landslide. If that doesn't happen, Romney will be the fall guy, and some very cynical, sick people who need to have their political careers ended , will instead win a reprieve until 2016. And we're likely to see a lot more cynical hi-jinks like this Voter Fraud crap before then.
    I don't understand what your saying is the republicans are cynical dying out and not rigging the election to win, yet you say ppl should vote santorum a republican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I don't understand what your saying is the republicans are cynical dying out and not rigging the election to win, yet you say ppl should vote santorum a republican.
    He's saying that because Santorum will be crushed if he goes up against Obama. Honestly, I don't claim either party but I feel Paul was the best candidate based on voting history and his character, since that's not happening my next choice will be Obama (I don't know if this is common place but in speaking with many other Ron Paul supporters it seems this is a common trend). He is the lesser of the evils and at least I know what I am getting with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love America and it's Democracy... As gov't decided to choose Bush over Gore same way gov't will get some other monkey instead of Paul...

go to court and prove it. don't and paul just looks like a sore loser.

If there is voter fraud going on here, I'm pretty sure it pales in comparison to the late 1800s and early 1900s with ballot stuffing, double, triple, or more voting, multiple registrations in precincts, and districts having more dead people vote in them than living voters.

The distinction here may be a difference between incompetence and corruption. There are a lot of screw ups in the republican primary -- but I don't know how much evidence there is of them rising to the level of fraud.

Deleted
    The primaries in some states have been absolutely poorly handled, that's for sure.

There's been a number of Diebold whistle blowers, but nothing ever comes from it.

This one is Clint Curtis' testimony from the 2000 Bush/Gore Florida elections. He passed a polygraph test and had support from other Diebold employees. Still no 100% proof.

The reason Ron Paul WONT win is because of his atrocious foreign policy
    A non-intervention foreign policy is exactly what we need. Who wants to send themselves or a family member to Libya, Syria, capture Kony in Africa etc etc etc, raise your hand. What's wrong with open trade and peace? Do you think we should still have an embargo on Cuba?

I'm prolly way off-topic now, but you have to be blind to say the Republicrat media does not treat him fairly. Also Obama, Santorum, and Gingrich's campaigns are all in debt. When the next wave of financial crisis comes to America maybe people will take him more seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Voter Fraud" is just the new bandwagon. Greater awareness does not imply a higher degree of what people are becoming aware of.

10+ Year Old Account
    The person coming in last by a considerable margin is the one calling voter fraud? Well, considering the extreme discrepancies between his current stated policies and his extensive voting history in congress, it doesn't really surprise me. He's an example of a person who compromises his own values just to gather as many voters as possible. His support largely comes from people who don't yet have an understanding that there are always side effects when you implement any policy, much less massive, groundbreaking policy changes.

Voting fraud is very difficult to do now due to regulation... essentially the only way to pull it off is to get into the people working the voting polls. For example, one of the main reason that people believed that Bush rigged votes in Florida is that there was photographs of the vehicles carrying the voting machines having pro-Bush paraphernalia on them; the people carrying the machines obviously had a bias.

Also, requiring a state issued ID hurts a large segment of the population. If you require it, than a good number of minorities won't be able to vote because they lack that certain form of ID; does it really seem like such a coincidence that Republican politicians put in policies that discouraged a largely pro-democrat populace from voting? You can also put in voting sites away from easy access to public transportation to discourage those who rely on such transportation from voting. There are plenty of legal ways to skew voting results.

grr those republicans out to ruin the world once again!
    /sarcasm off

your sources are vids on youtube? okay, i have a video that proves the existence of chocolate rain.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

As said earlier, voter fraud is a statistical anomaly at best. It's a complete non-issue. There is absolute no evidence that it is a problem.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The person coming in last by a considerable margin is the one calling voter fraud? Well, considering the extreme discrepancies between his current stated policies and his extensive voting history in congress, it doesn't really surprise me. He's an example of a person who compromises his own values just to gather as many voters as possible. His support largely comes from people who don't yet have an understanding that there are always side effects when you implement any policy, much less massive, groundbreaking policy changes.
    I'm not a Paul supporter but I'm pretty sure you're wrong here. From what I've read, he has been the same guy voting the same way for his entire political career. Don't spend, don't go to war, vote no on anything federal that the states could handle, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The beauty of the American voting system is that we allow such people to run for election and always have, even when they have no true hope of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I didn't understand this part either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    I didn't understand this part either.
    I'm referring to instances such as his long standing view on the separation of Church and state and establishing the right of individuals to practice their own religion independent of government control, despite his recent advocacy of Right to Life and support of the concept of life starting at conception, a concept deeply rooted in religious views and not science that would eliminate the options of individuals to use certain products and undergo abortions. I'm not going to get into whether pro-life or pro-choice is right, but its an example of him changing his libertarian mindset to appeal to the Republican voting base

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    grr those republicans out to ruin the world once again!
    /sarcasm off

your sources are vids on youtube? okay, i have a video that proves the existence of chocolate rain.
    you misplaced that sarcasm tag and i guess you haven´t watched them, it´s not about where the videos were uploaded it´s about what the people in them say o_O

still i now want to watch the vid you´re talking about, links plz!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.