Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigen View Post
    Cartoonz isn't good, by the way.
    Reasons for your opinion?

Deleted
    I remember Unbreakable and Drakedog... Also there was this Undead Female Warlock that did pretty cool videos. I can remember gender, race, class, even that he/she was a goblin engineer that was really good using eng bombs in PvP, ut I just can't remember the name . Most of the videos from this last person were world pvp, specially around my favorite gankspot : Tyr's hand. Plus a couple ones in battlegrounds.

Deleted
    Vurtne is probably the most known. I remember on Sylvanas there was a guy so fanatical about him he leveled to 60 with a "vurtnefan" type of name

Laintime best warrior to play vanilla in my opinion. Quit the game for like 2-3 years(cause of military service and got glad).
    Pat's movie was pretty good what made me play a warrior at the time like must 1 shot them newbz.

Deleted
    Many vanilla PvP videos had one thing in common: hopelessly outgearing your victims.
    If someone would make such videos today, they would get comments like: "lol bashing noobs in blues and greens and calling it skill? GTFO noob."

Also, in vanilla there was no tool to measure skill. Now you have arenas, and if your PvP hero has an arena rating of not more than 1673, you know what's going on... Many of the classic heroes magically disappeared as soon as arenas were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Many vanilla PvP videos had one thing in common: hopelessly outgearing your victims.
    If someone would make such videos today, they would get comments like: "lol bashing noobs in blues and greens and calling it skill? GTFO noob."

Also, in vanilla there was no tool to measure skill. Now you have arenas, and if your PvP hero has an arena rating of not more than 1673, you know what's going on... Many of the classic heroes magically disappeared as soon as arenas were introduced.
    I remember Vurtne said he quit because world PvP disappeared, and that was all he was interested in. I don't think that the disappearance of classic "heroes" and introduction of arenas have too much relation at all, maybe they just disliked the new forms of pvp being introduced.

Deleted
    I loved Vurtne in vanilla, he showed that his skill got him there by equiping worse gear then he had and even then 3 vs 1ing

Also love Vurtne, would like him to come back

Noone -mage
    Cartoonz -mage
    Neilyo -rogue
    Hoodrych -warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I loved Vurtne in vanilla, he showed that his skill got him there by equiping worse gear then he had and even then 3 vs 1ing
    I don't know his videos, but I guess his oponents still were only some random open world guys roaming around, like it was in all classic videos.
    Classic videos were entertaining, but you could never tell if they had anything to do with skill. If someone knew his class, had good gear, and bashed some random guys you never knew ANYTHING about, he was a hero.

Zalgradis, anyone?

Griefer of ursin
    (red=dead, can't post links yet), zalgradis, dernos (shockadin)

gc (shaman)

Still makes videos today. Posted another a few weeks ago, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by holypalaswe View Post

My hero when I was a young warrior. aniz
    i remember when it took no skill and only like 4-6 buttons to deal damage

Otherguy, Kishkumen(World of roguecraft) and Zalgradis, absolutely MVPs of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Don't really mean to make this too much about swifty, but honestly, when I first saw his "Amazing warrior tricks" I think they were called, I was pretty impressed. He did some stuff I had never seen before, and made use of game-mecanics that were pretty impressive. But nowadays in his videos, he is really rubbish? I mean, I honestly considered him on the top tier of warriors in vanilla, but today, he is honestly pretty bad looking at arena videos, duels, bg's and so on.
    I'm not saying that he has ever dubbed himself the best warrior ever or anything, but I just can't understand that the player playing now is the same as he was 5-6 years ago.
    The guy is a grinder and has found a way to live well playing video games.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Sup guys so I wanted to watch some oldschool PvP legends.

All I know is;

- Vurtne

- Drakedog

- Pat? I don't know, he seemed alright.

Does anyone know any other GREAT PvP players way back when?

Stay on topic, please ^-^
    I preferred EoS videos to drakedog. Though arguably (probably rightfully so) drakedog was better.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=12293

Can't seem the find any vids elsewhere...

Athene at least deserves an honorable mention.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a necro, oh the humanity